Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #1231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by GennieF View Post
I wonder if this thread should be moved since people may be confused if they see it in Atkins Maintenance? Glad to see everyone's having such success!!

Thanks for the suggestion - I am the originator of the thread and purposely put it here as I had maintenance problems. That's the reason it's here. I gained a few pounds and knew just where to find it. This board has really grown and helped so many of my LCFs.

I, too, am back on the 2 shakes a day - avidly since last week and have lost 2 pounds already. Because of "hormone" issues, I go up and down - but I am just loving the feedback. Apparently, that was the problem since a couple of years ago at the start of it. Menopause is not my friend in the weight department right now.

Keep on posting - I am still reading - and in a few weeks will log my progress. Good job on those who has lost the weight - keep up the good work!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #1232
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Great job, Del! Glad you are making progress Thanks again for starting this thread and sharing your "program". It as been a tremendous help to me
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #1233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Great job, Del! Glad you are making progress Thanks again for starting this thread and sharing your "program". It as been a tremendous help to me

Thanks so much for the encouragement and you are so welcome . . . when I started this thread I had figured that since I was in the maintenance phase - and had put on a few pounds - I was no longer in the Atkins Induction for weight loss - so this was the place for me.

I will continue to post here and check out our other LCFs at the new thread for support - which we all do well here.

This is wonderful! Have a great deay!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #1234
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygrands View Post
Good morning, everyone! Down another pound this morning. I still can't believe that scale is actually moving. I am at 170. I am just so anxious to get to 169 because according to my BMI I will just be considered Overweight and not Obese -- that's been my mini goal.

Since I started this shake thing on the 6 Week Cure, this is how I make my shakes and I am staying on that since it is working:

Designer's Whey (I prefer the Double Chocolate All Natural) -- 2 scoops
2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
Water and a little ice
Sometimes a splash of Divinci's Hazelnut syrup or spoon of instand decaf coffee
I usually put one egg in the morning shake, too. (Hope the raw egg doesn't kill me)

I had purchased one of those Magic Bullet blenders (I'm a sucker for things for sale on light night TV). Well, it has been in my pantry never used and decided to try it on these shakes. It is so convenient, but a blender would do the same thing. I just leave it out on my counter and make the shakes up. If you use a little ice, you really don't need to thicken it with anything. The more ice you put, the thicker it will be.

The Designer's Whey at Drug Emporium is $11.98 a can for 13 servings. I think that works out cheaper for me, and I love the taste of the shakes. I haven't tried other flavors because I'm to cheap to spend $11.98 and then find out I don't like it.

Yesterday I had two shakes and then my meal was large hamburger patty, sauteed fresh mushrooms in butter, and coleslaw. I buy the packaged shredded coleslaw, add mayonnaise and a packet of Splenda.

Have a great day!

LOVE the recipe - I will try it and spruce up my protein shakes. I am also using Designer's Whey - Strawberry flavor. It's been difficult to locate the Atkins Shakes - since I have a GNC right across the street from my job, I picked up Designer's Whey. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #1235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovemygrands
Stats: 200/172/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 5-5-14 at 200 pounds
delynmonet: I spent a long time reading all the posts on this thread you started. I had begun to think I was crazy for wanting to stay on the shakes/meal routine (which I had started on 6WC). You were an inspiration to me, and I will definitely keep this thread bookmarked and check in. I was glad the thread was moved because I think there are a lot of people out there who this plan will work for, and although it's not purist Atkins or PP or whatever, every person is different and the main thing is to take care of ourselves, take the correct supplements, keep posting what's working or not working, encourage each other with positive feedback, and get this weight off and keep it off. Thanks again for starting this thread.

I noticed in one of your threads you said your mom had Alzheimer's. My mom too had Alzheimer's and fought the fight for six years. I lost her last June at age 89. So I know the heartbreaking journey you are on with that, plus going through menopause on top of everything else is just so much stress. Hang in there and I'll be following your great success, because I know you will have it.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #1236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
Thank You Del! for starting the original thread!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #1237
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygrands View Post
delynmonet: I spent a long time reading all the posts on this thread you started. I had begun to think I was crazy for wanting to stay on the shakes/meal routine (which I had started on 6WC). You were an inspiration to me, and I will definitely keep this thread bookmarked and check in. I was glad the thread was moved because I think there are a lot of people out there who this plan will work for, and although it's not purist Atkins or PP or whatever, every person is different and the main thing is to take care of ourselves, take the correct supplements, keep posting what's working or not working, encourage each other with positive feedback, and get this weight off and keep it off. Thanks again for starting this thread.

I noticed in one of your threads you said your mom had Alzheimer's. My mom too had Alzheimer's and fought the fight for six years. I lost her last June at age 89. So I know the heartbreaking journey you are on with that, plus going through menopause on top of everything else is just so much stress. Hang in there and I'll be following your great success, because I know you will have it.

Aaaaaw, thanks!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #1238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Quote:

Ditto from me too!!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #1239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GennieF
Stats: restarting the restart
WOE: Atkins variation
Start Date: restarting yet again
Me three! Hope to see you over there Del, I used to use Designer Whey (think it's great to cook with), but after trying some of the other protein powders, found it seems a bit grainy in comparison. It's great in cheesecake though
GennieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #1240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Just a shout out of hello to the maintenance shakers! I've been gone, but back on track again.

Having my shakes again, once a day for breakfast. Been holding pretty steady 130-135 for the past several months even though I was not low carbing. Mostly watching what I ate. Back to lower carbs as I feel better this way.

Hope to see you all back on this thread!!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #1241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cedargardenfoods
Stats: 160/150
WOE: Atkins
Glad i found this thread, i just bought this advantage shake and i wanted to see if its effective. Good job guys
Cedargardenfoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #1242
Major LCF Poster!

With six months of walking with a cane, since December 2009, needless to say, I have picked up 15 lbs. plus. My back injury that I sustained took me out of commission in the workout department and coupled with the loss of my mother in February 2010 brought on depression eating. I have started the two shakes a day plan again - as I have been walking slowly (2.5 mph - now up to 1 hour per day) on my Treadmill since mid-May (weight was 173 lbs then) - and noticed no significant weight loss since I got rid of my cane (only 5 lbs) and stalled.

I am trying all over again and look forward to posting my results periodically. My start date is July 6. I've lost 2 lbs (for a total of 7). My start weight was 168 with the two shakes a day plan which includes one balanced meal a day (consisting of protein, salad and veggies). I am currently 166. My goal is to be 164 by the end of this month. I am also in the hormonal "change" of menopause - which I noticed has truly slowed my metabolism to a halt. I realize that my progress will not be as fast as before but I am willing to TRY. I do not give up!

By keeping a journal as I have in the past and being accountable on this board - I feel that I will stay focused. My total goal is to hit 150 (if I see 140's again, that will be great as my weight fluctuated from the 140's and I landed in the mid-150's because of the hormonal changes).

This is the place where I found encouragement before with the two shakes a day plan - so I know I will receive lots of support. And I have the unlimited support and encouragement from the Treadmill Buddies on another thread - which adds to my determination.

Last edited by delynmonet; 07-13-2010 at 01:38 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #1243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: robinkay
Stats: 250/190/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: OCT 16, 2010
Delynmonet,
I remember when you did this routine. I'm glad to see you activating this thread again. I'd like to join you. This morning I was at 205 lbs.
robinkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #1244
Major LCF Poster!

Robin,

we can do this - I can certainly use the company.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #1245
Senior LCF Member

This is day one. I weighed in at 207 lbs. I was hungry on and off through out the day, but it was manageable with liquids.

Menu:
Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with cream
Lunch: Atkins Shake
Supper: Salmon Patties, yellow squash, tomatoes.

I'm going to being the couch to 5K on Monday. We have a local race scheduled on Sept 25.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #1246
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in at 205 this morning. Down two pounds from yesterday.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #1247
Major LCF Poster!

WOO HOO!!! Way to go, Robin! Congrats! On Saturday, I am going to Friday's for lunch. I am planning ahead and will have a nice salad and seltzer with lemon to drink. Dinner at home will be an Atkin's Shake!

Got to stay on track . . . .

Last edited by delynmonet; 07-15-2010 at 06:16 PM..
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #1248
Major LCF Poster!

Heading toward my goal of 164 by the end of July. I am now 165. Here's my progress:

7/12/10 - 167.0
7/13/10 - 166.0
7/14/10 - 166.0
7/15/10 - 166.0
7/16/10 - 165.6
7/18/10 - 166.4
7/19/10 - 165.8
7/20/10 - 165.6

Daily menu: Two Chocolate Atkins Protein Drinks, 1 decaf coffee with 1 tablespoon cream, 1 decaf tea, 1 seltzer with lemon, an occasional Atkins snack bar or pork rinds, dinner consisting of protein, salad and veggies. Limit - two Splenda daily.

Workout: Treadmill at least 5-7 days per week for 1 hour per day (early morning). Stretching exercises (therapy) for my back/right leg.

Progress report: I am keeping a journal.

Current Goal: To reach 164 by end of July; 160 by end of August.

Last edited by delynmonet; 07-20-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #1249
Big Yapper!!!!

Great job, Del!!! I've fallen off the LC wagon HARD and tryin like heck to get back on. I just ordered more shakes(arriving Friday) and will be following your "tried and true" plan again
Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #1250
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great job, Del!!! I've fallen off the LC wagon HARD and tryin like heck to get back on. I just ordered more shakes(arriving Friday) and will be following your "tried and true" plan again
I truly understand - I love your saying about trying harder to be better today than yesterday - it makes sooooo much sense.

I hit my goal of 164 lbs. yesterday - that's a milestone for me! Next goal is 160 lbs by the end of August.

Glad to have you on board. Hubby and I go to BJ's to get the shakes.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 AM   #1251
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on making your mini goal, Del!!!

DH picked up some shakes on his way home the other night, and I'm on Day 3. The weekends are always the hardest for me though. I'm back to exercising as well...WATP on Wed amd JM's 30 Day Shred yesterday. I am REALLY sore today so just gonna shoot for a 2 mile walk.

Have a great day
Old 07-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #1252
Senior LCF Member

Down to 203 lbs. The loss is not lightening fast, but it is steady. I hope to be down at least two sizes by Thanksgiving. I'm currently in an 18.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #1253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinkay View Post
Down to 203 lbs. The loss is not lightening fast, but it is steady. I hope to be down at least two sizes by Thanksgiving. I'm currently in an 18.
WOO HOO!!! Way to go!! Yes, Robin, it seems that the same is with me. I am averaging about one pound within a week. That's the safest way of weight loss (one to two pounds per week). Congrats!

I look forward to your next post . . . .
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #1254
Major LCF Poster!

Dance with me . . . I am 163!

Next goal - 160 lbs by end of August . . . WOO HOO!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Today, down to 162.6 - there's a cookout tomorrow which I will be attending. I am making a dessert (No Bake Philadelphia Cherry Cream Cheese Pie) with Splenda, sour cream, cool whip and cream cheese - I can have a small portion of that (without Cherry filling) instead of the cake, cookies, pies, etc. made with sugar. By the way, I will be bringing Seltzer to drink.

Two shakes at home. Salad, meat and veggies will be on my plate the cookout.

Can't sabotage the weight loss plan! Have a great weekend!!!

Last edited by delynmonet; 07-30-2010 at 09:09 AM..
Old 07-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #1256
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - July 6, 2010, weight was 168.4; July 31, 2010, weight is 162.4, exactly 6 lbs down from start of Atkins Shake plan. WOO HOO!!!

August's goal is to reach 158.

I was reading an ad for Slimfast and saw the 3-2-1 plan (3 snacks, 2 shakes and 1 meal). Interesting . . .
Old 08-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #1257
Major LCF Poster!

On August 7, I finally reached 160.8 . . . with a few fluctuations here and there. Today, I am 160.4 .... can't wait to "peek" at the 150's ...

Over the weekend, I got into a few outfits that were "unfittable" last month!!! Progress, slowly but surely.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #1258
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Del, good to see the shakes still working so well. Very difficult to find in the UK now expect by mail order at outrageous prices. But I can make my own so no excuse really.

I may even pop off and make one right now!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #1259
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi Del, good to see the shakes still working so well. Very difficult to find in the UK now expect by mail order at outrageous prices. But I can make my own so no excuse really.

I may even pop off and make one right now!

Kissa,

Yes, I am having a good time reminiscing about and repeating the Atkins Shakes Plan. I kept a journal the last time that I can compare my progress to - due to the menopausal situation, my metabolism is slower and the bod's response to the plan is slow too, BUT it's working ... 8 lbs. down since July 6.

Seems like I have to go "drastic" at this stage of my life, but I can deal with it. I FEEL GREAT!!!

Kissa, why not make your own protein shakes? By the way, Slimfast has the 3 snacks, 2 protein shakes and 1 balanced meal plan. I found that interesting!

Thanks for stopping by and keep up the good work with your weight loss!!!

Last edited by delynmonet; 08-10-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #1260
Major LCF Poster!

Here I goooooo..... I am 159.4 today! Yesterday, 159.8 . . . give or take a few fluctuations that may occur, I am looking forward to sliding down the 150's ladder! The Atkins Shakes really are helping me. Will keep you all posted!