Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #1171
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
I've been doing this since 10/26. I am down again today to 150.5. Those 140s are so darn close. TOM is arriving any day Not sure if this will slow me down or not...we'll see
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 06:14 AM   #1172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
You are *so* close!! Keep it up =)

I just got TOM, that is probably why I was a starving disaster yesterday!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 AM   #1173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GennieF
Stats: restarting the restart
WOE: Atkins variation
Start Date: restarting yet again
Bflogurl, I was the first day or two but then my stomach shrunk. With doing stuff during the day, sometimes I forget to even "eat" my shake until 3 pm, but everyone is different.

Great going Lisa, almost there!! The 130s kept teasing me, I am 139.6 this morning though...I think I may have been overdoing it on the protein, I was using two scoops for my shake, cutting back to one (23g per serving plus egg) to see how that works out.
GennieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #1174
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflogurl View Post
You are *so* close!! Keep it up =)

I just got TOM, that is probably why I was a starving disaster yesterday!
Yes me too...I ended up eating my 1 meal for lunch instead of dinner cuz I was so hungry midday. I thought I would never be able make it through the evening just having a shake for dinner, but I did I figure if we can stick to plan during TOM then there's no stopping us the rest of the month

Good luck ladies

Last edited by scrappychik; 11-06-2009 at 06:35 AM..
Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #1175
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GennieF View Post
Bflogurl, I was the first day or two but then my stomach shrunk. With doing stuff during the day, sometimes I forget to even "eat" my shake until 3 pm, but everyone is different.

Great going Lisa, almost there!! The 130s kept teasing me, I am 139.6 this morning though...I think I may have been overdoing it on the protein, I was using two scoops for my shake, cutting back to one (23g per serving plus egg) to see how that works out.
Gennie WTG on making it to the next decade...such a GREAT feeling!!! I am ALWAYS overdoing it on the protein I am trying to juggle my numbers, but I can't seem to lower protein without messing with my carbs and cals Let us know how it goes with just a scoop
Old 11-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #1176
Senior LCF Member

I will...I'm ordering some more protein today, I was getting the ones that are a bit higher in carbs, like 5 or 6 g net per scoop...I figure that won't work out too bad overall if I'm not adding anything else to it like cocoa powder and it has a decent amount of protein. Did you notice the scale slow if you overdid it on protein? I had dropped 5 pounds pretty fast and then bounced down to 139.something and then it went back up for a few days so hopefully doing just ONE scoop and an egg along with some cream and ice will do it. It just works out so much cheaper overall than buying the ready to drink, but obviously if someone just wants to grab a shake...hauling a blender with them isn't an option lol
Old 11-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #1177
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I will...I'm ordering some more protein today, I was getting the ones that are a bit higher in carbs, like 5 or 6 g net per scoop...I figure that won't work out too bad overall if I'm not adding anything else to it like cocoa powder and it has a decent amount of protein. Did you notice the scale slow if you overdid it on protein? I had dropped 5 pounds pretty fast and then bounced down to 139.something and then it went back up for a few days so hopefully doing just ONE scoop and an egg along with some cream and ice will do it. It just works out so much cheaper overall than buying the ready to drink, but obviously if someone just wants to grab a shake...hauling a blender with them isn't an option lol
You're right...or if the person is just too darn lazy to make them, even though they're at home all day Honestly I don't think it made alot of difference in my WL. According to the formula I used, I should be shooting for 65-70 g now and I sometimes hit 80-85. Not that much more, plus I do WO during the week...nothing really strenuous, but gotta count for needing some extra right?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #1178
Senior LCF Member

HAHA see, I'm cheap so I figure I'm saving some $ and that's a good motivator. It's just a pain since I can't always get around to actually physically making it until I do other stuff, I have 3 kids at home, one at school, and then all the dogs and stuff that needs done here. Where in PA are you?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:38 AM   #1179
Major LCF Poster!

Still going on this. I will weigh in again next Friday =)

How is everyone else doing?
Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #1180
Senior LCF Member

I'm still going strong, instead of making two smaller shakes, I have been doing one large 600 calorie shake or so, down to 137.2 this morning. Hopefully it's not just water weight and it'll stay, keeping fingers crossed!!! I ordered some more protein powder on Friday, going to try Optimum Nutrition brand to see how it is.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #1181
Major LCF Poster!

Gennie:

How long have you been doing this routine? I am sure it says it somewhere in this thread, but I am on DHs laptop which sucks to scroll through LOL.

Great work =)
Old 11-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #1182
Senior LCF Member

Had to check my ******, on 10/19 I was 146.4, that was when I started trying to cut back and monitor. I must have been holding onto water weight initially as I ended up losing almost 5 pounds in about a week. It's easy to do, for me, just because it's too much of a pain making myself anything during the day and sometimes don't even get a chance to anyway!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #1183
Major LCF Poster!

WOW! That is really awesome.... I am hoping to have fairly quick results before Thanksgiving... if I could drop 10 lbs in the next 3 weeks, I would be psyched!!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #1184
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm still shakin it too ladies! So glad you are getting results. I stayed on plan even while away this weekend...very proud of that Scale is up 1.5 this am but TOM arrived so it was expected. I'm not sweatin it or letting it derail me. I will stick to my plan and look forward to losses again later in the week Just had my shake for brekkie...going to WO.

Have a shaketastic day all
Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 AM   #1185
Senior LCF Member

Grr, up two pounds from yesterday. We went to TGI Friday's for dinner, I had 3 of their garlic parmesan wings. I don't think those had any sugar, but I also ordered the grilled chicken caesar. I guess their grill must either be covered in that Jack Daniels sauce and some brushed up on there or they soak their regular chicken in some type of sugar mixture because as soon as I took a bite, it was definitely sweet. Bummer, couldn't do anything but eat it though, not too worried but can't believe that their "plain" chicken was still sweet!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #1186
Big Yapper!!!!

It's so much harder when eating out, cuz you don't know EXACTLY what's in things. You just have to make the best choice and know that any extra "weight" will come off in a day or two
Old 11-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #1187
Senior LCF Member

You're exactly right, I'm definitely not worreid about it but I am not going to eat at TGI Friday's again. I think their grill is just so coated with that Jack Daniels sauce, it basically "cooked into" my chicken. I figured my splurge would be those garlic parmesan wings, since I had no idea what the carbs were in there, they didn't taste sweet but not like that means anything. Oh well, not the end of the world...not like I'm going anywhere today that I have to wear something tight and revealing HAHA
Old 11-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #1188
Big Yapper!!!!

and you asked where I am in PA...southern York County...I'm about 45 min. from Gettysburg
Old 11-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed in this am... down to 158.6, despite a few glasses of wine/beer over the weekend and eating 3 full low-carb meals on Sunday. Will continue on the 2 shake/meal/snack plan 'til the end of the week and weigh in on Friday. I am hopeful!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #1190
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflogurl View Post
Weighed in this am... down to 158.6, despite a few glasses of wine/beer over the weekend and eating 3 full low-carb meals on Sunday. Will continue on the 2 shake/meal/snack plan 'til the end of the week and weigh in on Friday. I am hopeful!!
Awesome!!! KUTGW
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovemygrands
Stats: 200/172/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 5-5-14 at 200 pounds
Count me in!

I am so glad to find this thread. I started on Atkins Induction 9-22-09 and lost 10 pounds. After that, stalled and never lost another pound. Followed the plan strictly, but stayed stuck at 175.

Two weeks ago I decided to try Dr. Eades 6 Week Cure. The basic idea of that is the first two weeks you do 2-3 shakes and a LC meal. There's lots more to the plans (certain supplements, etc.) but basically it is 2-3 shakes and a LC meal staying under 30 net carbs a day (including the carbs in the shakes).

I loved it and FINALLY lost 4 pounds. My problem is that Weeks 3 and 4 start tomorow and it stops the shakes and then you eat 3 meals of meat/eggs with VLC. There is just no way I can eat that much meat. And I love the shakes. I use Designer's Whey 2 scoops with 1 TBL Heavy Whipping Cream and one egg and a little ice. They completely stop my hunger. I was trying to decide about going back to Atkins Induction, but afraid I would gain again.

I have been sitting for an hour reading this entire thread. I am going to just stay on my shakes and one LC meal until I get closer to my goal. I still have 37 pounds to go. I realize this thread is in the "Maintain Lane" but I would still like to join you as I lose this weight.
lovemygrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:35 AM   #1192
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Lovemygrands! Congrats on getting that scale to move again!

I am still in the losing phase as well, so no worries.

I am proud to say I lost another .8 lbs today!! AND, that was with doing a pretty hardcore workout where I feel like my muscles really hold onto water! WooHoo!!

I have been using the Atkins or EAS ready to drink shakes, but realize I may have to start making my own as to save some $$. Thanks for the recipe Love!!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #1193
Senior LCF Member

137.8 this morning, but think I need to "go" yet, keep hoping I can get down to 135 by the 15th! I got some other protein powders to try, and heard that Walmart has a Jillian Michaels brand sweetened with Stevia that I want to try. $10 for the cannister, will have to check it out when I go!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:58 AM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Gennie!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 AM   #1195
Big Yapper!!!!

love!!! Most of us are still trying to lose, so you'll fit right in

bflogurl~ WTG on the loss AND the WO

Gennie~ Thanks for sharing the info...even though I use the ready-to-drink shakes, I may have to check this out as well You are so close to that 135...you can do it
Old 11-11-2009, 06:07 AM   #1196
Senior LCF Member

Scrappy, you're not too far from me! Any good low carb buys out your way? Giant seems to have a pretty good selection of stuff in their organics section, including Fage yogurt. I've just started getting home milk delivery from a place called Apple Valley creamery, 1/2 gallon of 50% butterfat cream along with some other stuff. Made me SOOOO happy!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #1197
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, I hope so!! Maybe I'll make my final goal 125 on December 25th...but who knows what'll happen with the holidays, I usually have pretty strong willpower but I started checking out some of hte low carb recipes in the recipe room. I've been doing just a VERY boring routine of the shakes and one meal of meat + veggie, so I was hoping to make some low carb goodies as it gets closer to the season. We'll see.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #1198
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thank you, I hope so!! Maybe I'll make my final goal 125 on December 25th...but who knows what'll happen with the holidays, I usually have pretty strong willpower but I started checking out some of hte low carb recipes in the recipe room. I've been doing just a VERY boring routine of the shakes and one meal of meat + veggie, so I was hoping to make some low carb goodies as it gets closer to the season. We'll see.
Just tread lightly...that is exactly what ends up stalling me everytime. I can only lose keeping it VERY simple. As soon as I start making yummy recipes, I overeat and end up stuck. This is just me, YMMV, but putting it out there. I have a problem with portion control. Mostly this applies to the LC treats like chocolate cheesecake muffins. I just keep going back for more BUT even when I make LC meatloaf or the casseroles, I find myself wanting more and I end up over on calories. I guess I need to stick with this and not enjoy my food so much...just think of it as fuel *EXCEPTION*For Thanksgiving, I will be having turkey, 2 LC sides and a small dessert

I will keep my eye out for sales and let you know
Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #1199
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I definitely know what you mean. I was munching on low carb bread and overindulging in cream before this, that's why I think I saw such a big initial drop on the scale when I started. When I make my low carb goodies, usually I freeze everything but a portion or two. I've been really strict the past few weeks though as far as portion control since I want to get the weight off now before Christmas.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

I am also trying to KISS (keep it simple stupid) for quite a while, at least 'til I am very close to goal. But I did get some carb quick and a few atkins "goodies" so when I am there I feel like I am still indulging ;o)

Gennie, can I ask how tall you are?? You seem to be dropping at an awesome rate! Part of me wants to change my goal to lower.... I was at 140 most of my adult life (even after 3 kids), but after #4 and hitting 35 years old, I pretty much gave up. No more! Now I am here!