Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Hi Shake Lovers!
Long time since I have been here but I am back on the shakes today. Oh boy do I need to be back on them after too much of everything over the last week! Have not gotten on the scale but do not need to to know that I am up.
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2008, 10:16 PM   #1142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
I thinking I'd like to go back to this after the first of the year. So, I'll see you then. :-)
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #1143
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Shakes rock! Especially after the indulgences of this wonderful season.

Read my siggie ladies!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Hi Shake Lovers!
Long time since I have been here but I am back on the shakes today. Oh boy do I need to be back on them after too much of everything over the last week! Have not gotten on the scale but do not need to to know that I am up.
Hello Homestretch and other LCFs - It's been a long time - Haven't been on the shake routine for a while. With mom being sick last year (in and out of hospitals), losing track of my low carb eating habits - eating more than 20-30 carbs a day - weight has crept up. I in my 150's now - trying to reach 150 or 145, at least. I had a hard time finding Atkins Advantage Shakes locally - so I went back to BJ's and bought enough for the month! I plan to do this for 6 to 12 weeks.

Going for 10 lbs (or 15). I started the Shakes last week Monday (May 31st) and have lost 4 lbs. already! Again, I have two shakes a day, 2 low carb snacks (tailoring the snack suggestions from Atkins.com Two-Week Meal Plan), and dinner in the evening: meat, veggies and salad. I just need to fit in my clothes a teenie bit better - they are snug and not tight - so that makes me feel good. One dress size lost will be more than enough!

Will report in - and eventually put my journal up when I reach close to goal!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 06-04-2009 at 12:42 PM..
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Del!
It is soo cool to resurrect this thread!!! Glad to hear that you are back on the shakes. I still use them although not nearly like I used to. I find that the new formula leaves me hungry all of the time. I will follow you. I need to lose some too right now. I have been stuggling with the same 6-8 pound gain since the beginning of the year....uggghhh! Still in the same size but wish my britches were a bit looser lol!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #1146

I am Judding..and I would like to do shakes with you guys on Down days...can I join? I will be using Jay Rob shakes though.
aim in Fla*working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #1147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim in Fla*working View Post
I am Judding..and I would like to do shakes with you guys on Down days...can I join? I will be using Jay Rob shakes though.
This thread used to be pretty active but isn't so much anymore. It needs to be revived!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fireflyfaster
Stats: 234/150 5'9 BMI 22
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: 4/20/09 - Met Goal April 2010
Very inspired by your long-term maintenance, Delwyn (and you other long-term posters to this thread.)

I'm doing well with my weight loss as a second timer, but my real challenge is maintenance for life...it was clearly my downfall last time. You'd have thought after three years I'd be safe but ... alas.

I'll be back here in in the Lane in about, oh, six months.
fireflyfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #1149
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ninjamom
Stats: 280 (2003)/213/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/03 then again on 10/08
I have been drinking an Atkins shake in the morning for years. I use them now to add protein before or after my workout to increase muscle gain. I haven't ever tried them to replace two meals, except when I am on the run and that is all I can get my hands on! I find that my weight loss is better if I am very strict about eating a high fat snack in between meals. I have lost about 53 lbs since october of 08. this is my second time on a lc woe. I am very excited to have passed my previous level of success!! by 10lbs! keep up the good work folks. it is worth it!
ninjamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Dear Friends,

I am holding steady at 6 lbs. lost in six weeks. On average, a pound a week. I can just about calculate what my weight will be in the next six weeks.

I am back in my suits, comfortably, must I say and am back in my size 8 jeans without pulling, tugging and tucking the belly in - straight zip up! Will report back soon.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #1151
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Del!
It is soo cool to resurrect this thread!!! Glad to hear that you are back on the shakes. I still use them although not nearly like I used to. I find that the new formula leaves me hungry all of the time. I will follow you. I need to lose some too right now. I have been stuggling with the same 6-8 pound gain since the beginning of the year....uggghhh! Still in the same size but wish my britches were a bit looser lol!
Homestretch,

I haven't checked this board in a few weeks. Glad to hear that you are doing okay! Last year, I picked up weight - lost my Way of Eating when mom got sick and was hospitalized. My nerves were shredded!

Goal for now, lose 10 lbs. So far, have 4 to go. Anything else is an extra.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #1152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbingCarmen
Stats: 294/294/164
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 10, 2014
Hello Everyone...Glad you all started the Shake Routine again, I come visit this thread often but there hasnt been any post. Good luck I plan on starting the Routine myself..
LowCarbingCarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbingCarmen View Post
Hello Everyone...Glad you all started the Shake Routine again, I come visit this thread often but there hasnt been any post. Good luck I plan on starting the Routine myself..
Hi, Carmen,

Hope all is well with you. I purchased another round of shakes for the month of July. I am losing approximately one lb. a week - I'll take that. I am also keeping a journal as I compare it with my previous weight loss numbers from the past years. My body seems to do the same fluctuations when I reach a particular weight. I will stay a certain weight for a few days, then either go up or down, and the weight will be the same exact weight that I was in my previous journal. That seems interesting.

If I eat nuts or even the Atkins Bars, my weight stalls. A look back at my journal revealed the same. So, I basically have "learned" my body when it comes to the weight loss journey.

Best of wishes with you - look forward to reading your posts.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #1154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SarahJain
These are WONDERFUL!!
SarahJain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Hi, Carmen,

Hope all is well with you. I purchased another round of shakes for the month of July. I am losing approximately one lb. a week - I'll take that. I am also keeping a journal as I compare it with my previous weight loss numbers from the past years. My body seems to do the same fluctuations when I reach a particular weight. I will stay a certain weight for a few days, then either go up or down, and the weight will be the same exact weight that I was in my previous journal. That seems interesting.

If I eat nuts or even the Atkins Bars, my weight stalls. A look back at my journal revealed the same. So, I basically have "learned" my body when it comes to the weight loss journey.

Best of wishes with you - look forward to reading your posts.
Still hanging around here! Sounds like you are doing good. I have switched to the EAS carb control shakes. They do not seem to have the same effect on my appetite as the Atkins Shakes. They do not taste as good but keep me full. I got back from vacation last week and boy are my pants too tight but at least I know how to fix it.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Still hanging around here! Sounds like you are doing good. I have switched to the EAS carb control shakes. They do not seem to have the same effect on my appetite as the Atkins Shakes. They do not taste as good but keep me full. I got back from vacation last week and boy are my pants too tight but at least I know how to fix it.
Homestretch, good to see you! Don't worry, those pants will be fitting loosely very soon . . . that's the secret, knowing how to fix it! It makes a difference between getting upset about weight loss and staying focused. I love it! Will check in soon!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 AM   #1157
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Wow it has been quiet in here...I decided to resurrect this thread cuz i went back to this routine and it is working for me!!!

I had to have GB surgery in March and since then, gained 20 pounds I have had tummy trouble since surgery and just couldn't stick to LC. I finally said this is it...gotta do SOMETHING...so came up with a plan and that includes

2 shakes and a LC meal
cals around 1200
exercise 5 days/week min 30 minutes per day
no eating after 8 pm

I was up as high as 163 at the beginning of October and then stayed off the scale for 1 month. I started this new plan on Monday 10/26. Today I weighed in at 152 It's been months since I saw ANYTHING below 155.

I should also mention that I have eliminated all SA and cheese is VERY limited. No more Splenda except in shakes. Honestly, a combo of reducing cals to my needed level and cutting out other junk/treats has made all the difference.

I will keep you posted on my progress. Next goal is to just get back into the 140's and then work my way back to my low from last summer of 138.

Hope some of my old friends will return at least to say Hi...Kissa, Homestretch, Del...how are you???

Last edited by scrappychik; 11-02-2009 at 05:04 AM..
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GennieF
Stats: restarting the restart
WOE: Atkins variation
Start Date: restarting yet again
Hello, I saw this topic and wanted to say that I'm doing something similar, though instead of using the premade Atkins shakes, I've been using various protein powders for a shake during the day and then a LC meal in the evening. Not maintaining though, trying to shake things up and drop some more weight
GennieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #1159
Big Yapper!!!!

Gennie! hope it works for ya...keep us posted on your progress

I am down another pound this am to 151
Old 11-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to see this post revived! I will be restarting the shakes routine again - been struggling with weight gain due to the menopausal stage hormonal changes. Scrappy, I am in the same position as you. Been eating low carb and working out 5-6 days a week at 45 mins to an hour. Weight still went up and never came down. I was told that I am definitely in menopause. My metabolism is totally shot at this point.

Not giving up though. Walking with interval workouts on the treadmill at this point to boost the metabolism. Earlier this year I was on the shakes routine - and lost 4 pounds - then stayed the same continously. UUUUUuuuuggghhhh!!!

Wishing you all the best with your routine.

Last edited by delynmonet; 11-03-2009 at 01:06 PM..
Old 11-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #1161
Big Yapper!!!!

Del! Great to see you!!! It's heck gettin old isn't it...but we must continue on...trial & error till we get it right My plan is working right now...not looking any further ahead than tomorrow...I had another successful day with food and exercise!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #1162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Del! Great to see you!!! It's heck gettin old isn't it...but we must continue on...trial & error till we get it right My plan is working right now...not looking any further ahead than tomorrow...I had another successful day with food and exercise!
Yes, it is . . . but my problem is that I feel that I am getting YOUNGER!! I am 53 and think I am 35!! Just like my mom who is 84 (she has Alzheimer's though) - she asked me when I told her that she was 84 - "How'd I get that old?" I asked her how old she thought she was - she said - "40-something!" So, I told her "well, how about 48?" She said - "That'll do!" What a laugh I got that day!!!

I will check in periodically and record my progress once I start the plan. We can "hold hands" together!!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #1163

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Last time I made a shake from mix, I threw up and threw out the whole canister.couldn't manage the idea of shakes after that. I'm gonna get another and try again.

So another poll. How many are using powder drink mix, how many using Ready to drink and how many are making it up at home?

Any recipe suggestions are welcome.
Bobo's pumpkin Shake pie for example, is really good. Hmm .. .
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #1164
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Last time I made a shake from mix, I threw up and threw out the whole canister.couldn't manage the idea of shakes after that. I'm gonna get another and try again.

So another poll. How many are using powder drink mix, how many using Ready to drink and how many are making it up at home?

Any recipe suggestions are welcome.
Bobo's pumpkin Shake pie for example, is really good. Hmm .. .
I use the ready-to-drink shakes...Atkins and EAS...Atkins Mocha Latte is my favorite
Old 11-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #1165
Senior LCF Member

I've dropped about 5 lbs in the past week and a half from doing the shakes routine, I don't know where I was holding onto water but I must have been in order to drop that, was 145.5 and now down to 140.0 today...hoping to get to 135 by November 15.

Metqa, some of the more expensive shakes seem to taste okay by themselves without adding anything. I like cookies and cream flavor and recently tried Whey Gourmet, it is delicious! I have some cheap Body Fortress powder from Walmart, but that is something you need to mix with other stuff. I usually blend my shakes with an egg, some heavy whipping cream, water, ice and then some Davinci's flavorings. Perhaps you could try that?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #1166

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
yEAH, I've never been good at blended drinks, that's why shakes balk me so much. RTD are the most convenient and y'know they will taste good each time.

I had a cookie and cream whey mix, but it's got 10 carbs and fructose. Not so bad, but I don't know if it's a good every day shake for reducing.

The pumpkin thick shake is so darn easy, and tasty. I gotta add pumpkin spice to my shopping list!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #1167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
!

I a also going to start this plan... and try to stay on it until Thanksgiving. At that point, I may drop to one shake a day with 2 low-carb meals. It seems as though people have had pretty good success with it in the past!

Good Luck
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #1168
Senior LCF Member

I think there are a lot of different types of protein powder Metqa. The one I have from Whey Gourmet is 3 net (4 total) per scoop, think it's 23 grams protein. It is very yummy with just powder, some heavy cream, ice...I add an egg and some xanthan gum to thicken it up, but it definitely has a good flavor. You're right about the ready to drink stuff being easy, though! It's a pain dealing with the blender, but I like the "bulk" the xanthan and ice give my shake (it's at least double an Atkins can), it really fills me up!!
GennieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #1169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sisily
Start Date: July 7, 2009
I'm happy I found this thread. I had a weight gain after Halloween (gee I wonder why) and I bought some shakes last night. I am only going to replace my breakfast because I didn't buy enough shakes but I hope that will give it a little jump start. I really don't mind the taste because I usually blend it with ice and pretend it's a milkshake.
Sisily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 AM   #1170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Tried to start this yesterday, but got insanely hungry and ended up with only one shake, 2 meals, and 1 snack. Will try again today.

Anyone else?
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote