Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #1081
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy lady T
Stats: 245/235/Goal 150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: original 9/98 restarted 6/16/08
Hello Everyone,

Well I finally tried the new Milk Chocolate Delight Shakes. I don't like them as much as the Chocolate Delight in the cans. To me they tast more like Chocolate Royal now. Anyway, I know most of you like the Chocolate Royal so I'm wondering do you think those are better or worse? I guess I understand if they feel they wanted them to have more quality ingredients, but I don't know why they would completely change the taste.
healthy lady T is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #1082
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi everyone, I have found a supply of shakes again and have been having 2 a day for the past couple of days. The ones I use are a UK brand and only come in chocolate or strawberry, fortunately I like them both!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #1083
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Hi everyone! Just checking to see if there is still anyone besides me still using the shakes? I do not use them all the time but they are great when I am up a few pounds or when I am on the run.
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #1084
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Me!! Good to see you homestretch!! I lost my way a bit last month after vacation, but Im back on plan and drinking the shakes for breakfast. I really like the new ones. They seem richer & creamier. Mocha Latte is my favorite
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #1085
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Hi .....

Been a while since we updated this thread!! Still drinking my shakes (homemade version) every day. Still love the convenience of a "liquid" breakfast. My diet has evolved and I eat a lot of "normal" foods again. I guess you could say I'm maintaining, but I'd love to get rid of a few more pounds. I am staying between 130-135 (at my highest since I hot goal).... maybe that's it for me. Still better than 202!!

Hope to hear from everyone else!

Last edited by Deb79fl; 09-11-2008 at 08:13 PM..
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #1086
Major LCF Poster!

**Deb and Scrappy**
Hi! it is good to hear from you guys!
I think I may have to go to a homemade shake. The new shakes make me feel sick. Every time I drink them I get a headache and feel sick to my stomach.

**Deb** I am up a few pounds right now due to a busy summer of not eating right but I know I will get the pounds off. I eat a wider variety of food now also and it is nice. I still eat pretty low carb but I have incorporated some variety in my diet. I learn more about myself and my relationship to food all of the time and it is so interesting!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #1087
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Hi, everybody - just checking in! Homestretch, Kissa, the crew is here. Yes, I too have picked up a few pounds that I must get off. Two barbecues, a medical procedure (no eating for a day and 1/2), pulled tendon in the left leg, mom back in the hospital a few weeks ago - left me in the "not eating right" and "lack of exercise" category. There's a wedding coming up within one month, too - which gives me more inspiration.

Right now, I am doing two shakes a day - Chocolate Royale is my favorite! Noticed the scale moving downward by 2 lbs. That's a plus.

Glad to know that there's always the shakes (or your own protein shakes) to fall back on. Now, my exercise routine must be put back on track - the treadmill (3-5 days a week); Hip Hop Abs and 10 Minute Trainer (as soon as the leg is fully healed).

BTW, DH is not drinking the shakes but has changed his way of eating in the past few months - doing low carb and has lost 15 lbs - his pressure has lowered significantly! I am proud of him as his pressure seemed uncontrollable!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 09-14-2008 at 05:26 AM..
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #1088
Major LCF Poster!

**Del** Glad to see you are back. Life sometimes just gets in the way of our best laid plans doesn't it? Great to hear that your hubby has his BP under control. Low carb is just such a great way of life. Lets get those pounds back off! Crazy how easy they come back isn't it?
Old 09-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #1089
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
anyone doing this anymore? I would like to start
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #1090
Major LCF Poster!

Babsy -

I simply drink two cartons a day and have a low carb meal - right now I am actually maintaining - but I am thinking about going on a three carton a day plan like I did a couple of years ago - along with my exercise routine!

No matter what, though - you can still post your accomplishments - it will definitely give everyone a boost!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #1091

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I wish, but I don't like the flavor of the new shakes and what with all the "new adjustments" the Atkins diet they are spouting(eat white bread and oatmeal right after induction and other garbage talk), I'm almost feel like boycotting them. They sent another $2 coupon. I think I might use it to have a few around for emergencies, but i don't like em enough to spend loads of money on them like I used to. They don't seem as filling(icky watery eww) and that's what I liked about the old thick creamy formula and depended on them for.

I guess I could make my own shakes, but my homemade shakes always come out crappy
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #1092
Senior LCF Member

Hi All! I'm hanging in there. Went way off track the last week or so (stress eating), so before it gets the best of me, I'm back to "almost" induction carb levels for a few days to get my cravings back under control.

I'm with you, Metga .... I do not like the new versions of the shakes. I've tried adding more cream and other mix ins, but they end up going down the sink. I'll stick to my homemade version or egg creams. Getting ready to place a Netrition order for Synthrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle. A little pricey to spend all at once, but you get a large container (I believe 30 servings) for $29.00. I've tried some other powder mixes (lately Body Fortress from Walmart) and found I did not care for their taste, either. I like Jay Robb, but way too expensive for my budget.

Hope everyone else is OK and staying on plan.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #1093
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post

I'm with you, Metga .... I do not like the new versions of the shakes. I've tried adding more cream and other mix ins, but they end up going down the sink. . .
Metqa and Deb - I feel that you are to be complimented - although you both don't really care for the tastes - you are trying an alternate method of the shakes. You still are keeping your perspective in place and focus on weight loss or maintenance. That's commendable.

No giving up on keeping the weight off with you ladies!! I am planning to start my 3x a day shake plan again. We've got to keep at this weight loss hurdle - one of my co-workers was talking about that today. I am at the peri-menopausal state in my life - and it is a challenge for me to stay in the 140's - but I will conquer the "madness."
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #1094
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Glad we are all posting. It is so good to read all your updates!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #1095

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I just found some more of the UK shakes I like so I will be incorporating them into my woe again too. Good to 'see' you all.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #1096
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Metqa and Deb - I feel that you are to be complimented - although you both don't really care for the tastes - you are trying an alternate method of the shakes. You still are keeping your perspective in place and focus on weight loss or maintenance. That's commendable.

No giving up on keeping the weight off with you ladies!! I am planning to start my 3x a day shake plan again. We've got to keep at this weight loss hurdle - one of my co-workers was talking about that today. I am at the peri-menopausal state in my life - and it is a challenge for me to stay in the 140's - but I will conquer the "madness."

So you will just drink 3 shakes and thats it?
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #1097
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABSY View Post
So you will just drink 3 shakes and thats it?
No, I will have a filling salad and seltzer water in the evening.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #1098
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stephiebug
Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
No, I will have a filling salad and seltzer water in the evening.
Do you lose pretty well following that routine? that sounds like something I could stick with, TIA
stephiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #1099
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ForLife
Stats: 315/161/147
Hi,

I am thirty pounds from goal and have slowed down to a crawl. I am doing everything diligently but get disappointed when my weight doesn't reflect my efforts. I read this thread looking for some "getting the last pounds off help" and I am going to try the two shakes a day with a salad.

I hope that this will shake things up and give me some credible weight loss for all my effort. I figure I better get in the maintenance mindset soon too, so I might as well start looking to the future.

I ran out today to get Atkins. Can they make the containers any smaller and raise the price any higher!! Anyway, what price beauty!

What are you talking about when you say homemade shake? Maybe that would be more tasty?

Anyway, hi to everyone.

I must ge these last pounds off. I thought that I was going to hit goal by the end of December, but I only lost 5 pounds last month so guess it will spill into 2009. Any suggestions, I am all ears. Thank you

PS. A nice thing happened to me today. I run up a steep hill daily, and today someone was running up it with me. He told me that he saw me while he was standing at the bus stop and I inspired him to try to get the weight off. He, like me, was running up the hill with a pair of hand weights. It felt good to inspire someone because it is a tough and lonely hill.

Medical Help for Punkin

Last edited by ForLife; 10-05-2008 at 01:30 PM..
ForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #1100
Senior LCF Member

Well, I must say, this is the best solution to a problem I have ever had. I dropped two pounds since 10-5-08. Pretty incredible. The two cartons per day with lots of water really worked quite well. The only time that I am hungry is at night and I decided that I am just going to have to be hungry and live through it.

If the weight loss continues in this manner, the fun of watching the scale go down will sustain me at night.

Thank you Del for creating this thread! When ever I get frustrated and need some help, I see that I can always get the answer by digging deep within LCF for the answer. It is just a few searches and posts away!

Have a great day all. I will continue to post my progress.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #1101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/139.6/150 5'6" 31y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForLife View Post
Well, I must say, this is the best solution to a problem I have ever had. I dropped two pounds since 10-5-08. Pretty incredible. The two cartons per day with lots of water really worked quite well. The only time that I am hungry is at night and I decided that I am just going to have to be hungry and live through it.

If the weight loss continues in this manner, the fun of watching the scale go down will sustain me at night.

Thank you Del for creating this thread! When ever I get frustrated and need some help, I see that I can always get the answer by digging deep within LCF for the answer. It is just a few searches and posts away!

Have a great day all. I will continue to post my progress.

Congrats!!! You are truly a success story!! Seriously, the shakes are teeny. I do think they are yummy, though. I like the vanilla ones. I never truly adopted the shakes routine but I have been an avid stalker of this thread I'd really like to start something with the shakes to jumpstart weightloss and remotivate me. I've gotten quite lazy!
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #1102
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Samantha. All I can say is this has been the best source of motivation that I have had since I have been on the plan. I lost another pound when I got on the scale this morning and I had been struggling all last month. I had put in great effort and exercise and expected better results. This shake routine is giving me what I expect. I am putting the work in so please give me the results is all I ask! I am pleased and would encourage you to at least try this if you need motivation! I just hope that this works through my remaining pounds that I need to lose. Here's hoping.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #1103
Senior LCF Member

WTG For Life!!! I'm glad you're getting the results you want. Remember, you don't need to hungry at night. Keep some HB eggs, some cheese, some other form of protein for a quick snack. Keep the carbs low and the protein higher and you won't be hungry. I often would snack on a little protein between meals - a few ounces of chicken w/ mayo, a egg, some deli meat, etc. When I cut too many calories, I wouldn't lose.

Good luck and keep posting with your ongoing results!

Hello to Everyone else!! Will check in later tonight.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #1104
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! Still using either my homemade shakes or the Atkins shakes (in a pinch). Having difficulty getting my weight back down. I am at 159 right now and I need to be at 155 to feel like me (if that makes sense). Not giving up though my clothes are fitting good so I am thinking that I am do for a whoosh!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #1105
Senior LCF Member

Nice to see you Homestretch! The whoosh will come! Love the new avatar, BTW! You are a constant transformation! The shakes have proven to be a blessing for us, haven't they? I love the convenience of a simple meal and since I always have chocolate and add coffee to mine, I get my "fix" in the morning.

I saw my post from 9-11 when I said that I was staying between 130-135 and it's funny to me now, because I dropped back down to under 130 and am now between 128-130. Seems to follow a pattern for me. I'll lose some weight, stabilize, then go up a pound or so, then all of a sudden, the new lower weight "sticks". Funny how that works.

I've finally started to exercise a little every day. I have a machine similar to a Total Gym. I don't break a sweat since I'm still learning the moves, but it's getting easier and I'm developing some strength. I tried Tubo Jam yesterday and after about 10-15 minutes into the learning tape, I realized two things. First was that I am SO uncordinated! I was tripping all over myself. Second was, my lower back and legs are not quite ready for the moves involved (I guess so many years of inactivity because of my injury have taken their toll). I'll keep trying it and modifying the moves and someday I'll be able to do it. I've lost the weight, but so want more definition!

Hello Del and Kissa! Hope you're both doing well! Hard to believe it's already fall! The summer went so fast and I know everyone had some challenges during the summer. Hope your families are all healthy. Del, glad to hear your DH has continued on his journey. Low carb works and I wish I could get my DH to follow. He is not overweight, but has high BP, his bloodwork is horrid - high cholesterol, etc., (has had this for many years). He's on many medications, including lots of pain meds for pain management. He won't give up his pretzels, breads, etc. and I can't get him to ditch the salt shaker, either. I keep telling him his BP would be better if he would eat less sodium, but he has the "but I'm taking medication w/ a diuretic so it takes out the extra sodium" mentality. Maybe he'll finally make some changes. Oprah had Dr. Oz on her program and was talking about BP and all of the problems that come along w/it and age (of which he has most!). He watched it with me and finally agreed to get some Fish Oil since "hearing it from the Dr." on national TV made him understand the health benefits. Baby steps, I guess! He's only 58, so is way too young to have so many issues. I'd like to have him around a lot longer, that's for sure! I hope your Mom is doing better!! It takes a toll on her and you emotionally, doesn't it? Sending you both prayers and best wishes!

Hello to Metga, ForLife, Samantha, Babsy, Lisa and anyone else that I might have missed! How is everyone doing? Staying on plan or any new modifications? Drop in and say hello and let's keep the thread "burning"!!

Well, I better go and make my shake, tummy is saying "Feed Me!"

Happy Friday, all!

Debbie

Last edited by Deb79fl; 10-10-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #1106
Senior LCF Member

Two more pounds lost. 25 pounds to go. Deb, I do have meat in my salad. Considering having a bit more perhaps or a couple of slices at night to keep the edge off. Thanks for the suggestion.

I know that this "loss" ride won't last forever. I am certain to hit a stall soon, but I am excited while the ride lasts.

Can anyone point me to the recipe for this homemade Atkins shake?
Old 10-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #1107
Senior LCF Member

ForLife,

The Atkins shake routine started using the original cans that were made by Atkins. They are less than 200 calories and medium fat content. The store bought version changed several months ago and now taste a lot like EAS brand, if you've ever tried them. It's not that they're bad tasting, I just don't care for them anymore. I got burned out on EAS after trying BFL several years ago. I can't seem to get them down.

As far as a home made version... I am happy to share mine. Please note, I have no actual idea about how many calories/carbs they contain since it will vary depending on "how much" cream or 1/2 and 1/2 you use. I was using 1/2 and 1/2 for a very long time and just switched back to cream.

Start with one scoop of protein powder, your flavor of choice (mine is chocolate). My fav is Synthrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle. You can get that here on Netrition. 35 servings for under $30.00

Add cream or 1/2 and 1/2 - ** If I use 1/2 and 1/2, I use 1/4 cup. If cream, usually less.

Add one cup of COLD brewed espresso or very strong coffee. I make a large pot of Starbucks, extra strong and this will last me all week.

I add a raw egg. ** You do not have to do this, but you add a little more protein and when it's blended, you will never know it's there.** People also make "egg cremes" using raw eggs and cream or other ingredients and there is a thread for this if you're interested.

Add some ice (small handful or a couple of cubes and blend)

I also add some Benefiber. It blends well and adds no texture. I figure additional fiber won't hurt me.

That's it!! Rather lengthy, but actually very simple and takes me just 2 minutes to prepare in the morning.

I know there are other version and recipes, maybe someone will post theirs here.

Oh, I have also made vanilla, pumpkin, french vanilla w/ coffee. It's really endless. Unflavored protein powders come in handy and vanilla will be pretty neutral and add some sweetness.

Hope this helped!

Last edited by Deb79fl; 10-10-2008 at 03:41 PM..
Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #1108
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb you are doing so great! I think I may try your shake recipe. I need to order some protein powder anyway since mine is almost gone! Have a great weekend.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #1109
Senior LCF Member

Hey Deb,

Thanks for the recipe. I will try it as soon as I stall on Atkins which should be any day now. The Atkins twelve pack gets pretty expensive. I have most of what you mentioned already, so it will be easy to do. Target has some cheap hand blenders, so I'll get one of those, too.

I did see EAS in the store, I wonder if they are cheaper than Atkins since they taste the same? I'll check next time I go.

Last edited by ForLife; 10-12-2008 at 05:09 PM..
Old 10-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #1110
Senior LCF Member

The hand blenders are good, but, a word of caution... they won't chop ice. So, if you're going to use your ingredients cold, it'll be fine, otherwise I'd use a regular blender. Of course, you could blend and serve over ice, too. I like my shakes with blended ice (year round), even in the winter time.

PS: Hope you don't stall anytime soon!! Also, I think the EAS shakes tend to go on sale more then the Atkins brand. Othewise, price is about the same.