Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 07:38 AM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Goal Met!!

I met goal today! 135!!!!

When I first started Atkins in July 07, I chose 135 as my goal weight and NEVER believed I would get there. Thought 155 would probably be the lowest I'd get (and I would have been happy with that, BTW), but kept plugging away. Wanted to get to goal by May 8 (which was my wedding anniversary), so just missed it by a few weeks.

I'd like to lose some more, maybe 10, but for now I'm very happy to have accomplished what I set out to do.

Sorry so short, but have a very busy day ahead of me! Have a great weekend everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #1022
Way too much time on my hands!

YyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaYYYYYYYYYYYY YY Deb!!!!!!
aim in Fla*working is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:50 AM   #1023
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ummrashid
Stats: 322/284 and pregnant/150'ish
WOE: ??????
Start Date: March 9, 2008
Whooooo Hooooooo Deb!!!!!!! Congrats.
ummrashid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #1024
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishdadish View Post
ok do you guys stall from doing the shakes and have you all used the shakes in induction stage I want to go back to drinking the shakes(i used them a week before I got really serious about the low carbing it) did induction for 2 weeks without them lost 10 pounds but really missed having the shakes because it helped me with the sweet cravings.
I am going to replace two meals but also have a low carb snack in between and a low carb dinner before 6pm as well as have a workout regimin that I am going to follow.... I just think its a healthier way of losing weight you get vitamins, you get the low carb factor without the major grease of eating cheese fatty meats and oils even tho your supposed to I have notice that I have stalled so I want to go back to a more low calorie low carb way of eating (tho am thinking of adding cocanut oil to the shakes if that indeed helps you fill up...anyways really like this thread
thanks
Trish
It didnt stall me at all. the problem that I did have was I was drinking them for breakfast and lunch no snacks and my appetite went away and it was taking my calories way too low.
Today I started mixxing
1 low carb shake
decaf coffee
splenda could be davinci syrup bt Im out
2 raw eggs, yup R-A-W
2 hands full of ice
thinking of adding CO
this made enough for dh and I to have a tall glass, and it kept me full and energized through my whole workout, I was actually amped cause i did 10 in 10, then my arms workout with weights, and I finished with 10 minutes of turbo jam and I was still bouncing around after, dh thought I was nuts, so either the Egg /shake is the bomb or Im still high from all the Sugar alc. I ingested last night
had a snack of 1/2 ounce peanuts post work out
1 cucumber for lunch
dinner, fish "fried" in parm cheese 1 cup steamed brocolii
plan on making a one minute muffin later and eating it with cream cheese if I get hungry again....

[COLOR="Black"]Having a [COLOR="Magenta"]b[/COLOR][COLOR="LightBlue"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]b[/COLOR][COLOR="LightBlue"]y[/COLOR] April 2009[/COLOR]
Old 05-23-2008, 10:26 AM   #1025
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: trishdadish
HI ummrashid
thanks for the info dont know if If I can do the raw egg thing tho-lol but hey Im willing to give it a try maaaaybee.. Yeah Im doing the shake thing again but if I get hungry I will snack on some tunafish or celery asnd then have a reg low carb meal at night before 6pm and then workout like a mad woman lol thanks again for all your info it was kinda a tough decision becasue alot on this board are against shakes on induction and Im doing induction again beacuse I havent lost anything for awhile and last weekend I kinda messed up a bit with too many carbs back to square one!
Current weight 220
Weight lost 10lbs:
Goal weight 140-150
trishdadish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #1026
Senior LCF Member

FYI.... I used the shakes the entire time, including induction. Don't be afraid to try something new, what works for one doesn't always work for someone else.

Good luck!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #1027
Senior LCF Member

THANKS DEB Greatly appreciated
Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #1028

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow Deb!

Fantastic work, you have done so well.

For those of you who were wondering, IE stands for Intuitive Eating. It can be found on the 'Other Plans' threads, It is new for me and is suiting me just at present. Have a look. (I am around about goal of course, don't know if it would be my choice for serious weight loss, though my DD is doing well on it.)

Last edited by Kissa; 05-24-2008 at 12:47 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #1029
Senior LCF Member

Hope Everyone is having a good weekend! Thanks for all the warm thoughts and congratulations, always appreciate more positive feedback!

I feel like a giant weight has been lifted by reaching "goal". Never thought I'd get here!! So, now come the next step... maintenance and learning and not fearing the addition of some new foods or foods I'd eliminated this past year. I want to be confident that I can eat whatever I want, in reason and not go backwards!

Kissa, I'll check out IE thread, maybe that'll be a good way to stay on track.

Well, off to make dinner, so have a great night everyone!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #1030

YAY!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #1031
Senior LCF Member

AWESOME DEB! im feeling good about the shake decision thanks so much and reaching your goal woot
I am truley inspired!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:15 PM   #1032
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
OH MY GOODNESS. . . .!!! I have really been missing all the action here on the board.

First of all, congrats Deb on reaching goal!! I have been away for quite some time dealing with my mother's illness and periodically just posting on my TM thread. Also, to all the newcomers - it's a pleasure to read your posts and have you here. Much success with the plan.

Thanks so much to all of you for your well wishes for my mom. She has an ulcer on her right colon and at 83 that is not good. It could not be cautherized as each time the doctor's checked it out, it had stopped bleeding. So, they could not repair what they could not see bleeding - so, we just keep our eye on her and check her several times a day any bleeding activity.

As far as the shakes are concerned - I found them at BJ's - yes, they are scarce here in New York, too. GNC is completely out of it near where I work. So, this weekend, I have to restock.

Anyway, I am so happy to see that the board is consistently building - and so many of you have wonderful stories of success! Keep up the good work and I'll be checking in soon.

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #1033
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
OH MY GOODNESS. . . .!!! I have really been missing all the action here on the board.

First of all, congrats Deb on reaching goal!! I have been away for quite some time dealing with my mother's illness and periodically just posting on my TM thread. Also, to all the newcomers - it's a pleasure to read your posts and have you here. Much success with the plan.

Thanks so much to all of you for your well wishes for my mom. She has an ulcer on her right colon and at 83 that is not good. It could not be cautherized as each time the doctor's checked it out, it had stopped bleeding. So, they could not repair what they could not see bleeding - so, we just keep our eye on her and check her several times a day any bleeding activity.

As far as the shakes are concerned - I found them at BJ's - yes, they are scarce here in New York, too. GNC is completely out of it near where I work. So, this weekend, I have to restock.

Anyway, I am so happy to see that the board is consistently building - and so many of you have wonderful stories of success! Keep up the good work and I'll be checking in soon.
Sorry to hear about your mom, I will say a for her.

I know it must be very hard for you. thanks for checking in.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:01 AM   #1034
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mattia
Stats: 296.6 | 279 | 140
WOE: Atkins-based/Whole Foods
Start Date: August 21, 2003 - Then again June 2, 2014
Can someone tell me the price of a 12-pack of shakes at Sam's Club? I'm paying $5.99/4 pack right now, and I know I can do better than this! LOL
Mattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #1035
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthy lady T
Stats: 245/235/Goal 150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: original 9/98 restarted 6/16/08
Hello,

Sam's here in the Cleveland area is about $15.68. They have gone up almost $2.00 over the last year and a half. For me this is still cheaper than getting them at the drugstore or any other store. The only problem you might have is be limited to three flavors, Vanilla, Chocolate Delight and Chocolate Royal. Good luck in your search. Del as I mentioned previously I see you were a pioneer on the Shake routine. I hope all goes well for your mom.
healthy lady T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
I met goal today! 135!!!!

When I first started Atkins in July 07, I chose 135 as my goal weight and NEVER believed I would get there. Thought 155 would probably be the lowest I'd get (and I would have been happy with that, BTW), but kept plugging away. Wanted to get to goal by May 8 (which was my wedding anniversary), so just missed it by a few weeks.

I'd like to lose some more, maybe 10, but for now I'm very happy to have accomplished what I set out to do.

Sorry so short, but have a very busy day ahead of me! Have a great weekend everyone!
I have been off the boards for a while but way to go!!!!!! YOU DID IT!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #1037
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mattia
Stats: 296.6 | 279 | 140
WOE: Atkins-based/Whole Foods
Start Date: August 21, 2003 - Then again June 2, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy lady T View Post
Hello,

Sam's here in the Cleveland area is about $15.68. They have gone up almost $2.00 over the last year and a half. For me this is still cheaper than getting them at the drugstore or any other store. The only problem you might have is be limited to three flavors, Vanilla, Chocolate Delight and Chocolate Royal. Good luck in your search. Del as I mentioned previously I see you were a pioneer on the Shake routine. I hope all goes well for your mom.
Thank you! That price is still better than the $1.50/shake I'm paying now! After I move this summer and have more kitchen space I'll be getting a blender and then my own shakes....lol
Mattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #1038
Senior LCF Member

How is everyone.
Im still doing the shakes. I alternate between shake for breakfast and lunch or somedays only for breakfast and I actually eay lunch, just to keep my matabolism surprised. My trick for keeping my calories at a healthy level is I use the atkins shake to make my version of the egg cream. I just blend up 1/2 a shake with 1 or 2 raw eggs ice and sometimes a little decaf,and coconut oil or cream,and it also streches the skakes out for the buck, kwim. How is everyone else? who is still doing the shakes? what are your routines like and how are your losses?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:21 AM   #1039
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Homestretch - great to see you and I've been reading your posts!!! So glad that you are encouraging others and been part of the main welcoming committee!!! Hope all is well with you and btw, mom is doing better - and I am finally regaining some sanity (able to breath) throughout the whole ordeal.

I found the new boxes of shakes at BJ's for around $15 - I plan to stock up this weekend. I will get back to drinking two per day and incorporate one low carb meal. Since I could not locate the shakes, I have been having eggs and sausage for breakfast, or a melon/berry fruit cup with decaf coffee. Lunch and dinner has been salads, veggies and meat.

I just love being an Atkins-ite since 2002. Yes, I've experienced the ups and down of the weight rollercoaster but have always been able to get back down. The shakes are an added extra to my eating plan to help me maintain and stay focused to remove any unwanted pounds.

The new shake flave that I have is Vanilla - it's still seems to taste creamy but a little sweeter than the old version to which I would add a pack of Splenda - but this one's just right for me. I hope that BJ's will get the Chocolate and Strawberry flavors in the future.

Keep up the good work everybody!
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:03 AM   #1040

have you gueys tried the Jay Robb SHAKES...OMG! THE BEST and sweetened with stevia!
I have had them the last 2 days and so much more filling...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:29 AM   #1041
Senior LCF Member

are the Jay Robb shakes available online?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:31 AM   #1042

yes..and they have no soy in them...They BLOW away atkins shakes..however, you muct add egg beaters/
or low carb milk...I choose egg beaters because i worry about the soy
Old 06-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #1043

I am having difficulty locating shakes except on the net and they work out at a ridiculous cost over here. I did find some a while back and cleared the shelves!

I still use them but not on a daily basis, I use the egg cream sometimes and since trying IE I may even eat fruit, which seem outrageously decadent, I mean apples and oranges, not only berries....OMG.

Keep up the good work everyone, I always check in even if I don't post.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
Shakes

Hello all,

I have been reading this thread and am so inspired that I started drinking the shakes this morning. I have lost 54 lbs in the past on a shake diet and have gotten sloppy and gained about 34 lbs back. I have read all the atkins books, protein power, etc and have had some success but I need something simple like shakes. For the past few weeks I have been eating zero carb as some of the people on Jimmy's site are doing and did loose 7 lbs. but I am not sure that is the way for me. I am going to try to get coconut oil in with my shakes. I am up to the three tablespoons a day needed for my weight so I plan to have a shake and a tablespoon of coconut oil for breakfast and lunch and then a tablespoon of coconut oil for a snack in the afternoon and then a nice low carb dinner in the evening. Would you mind if I join this thread? We live in Missouri.

Thanks so much,
Mary
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #1045

Hi MaryN, you do it girl, you will love the support these ladies will give you. Be very careful of zero carbs, we all need vegetables.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #1046
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryN
Stats: 128.8/127.6/108
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/14
zero carbs

Hi Kissa

I am going to have veg at dinner. Actually, this week I have added a pretty big salad to dinner time and tonight I'm trying a zucchini and a little carrot (for color) dish along with the salad.

Thanks for saying hi.

Mary
MaryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #1047

That sounds ideal Mary, enjoy.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #1048
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all I am back on my shakes every day for a while. I am up a few pounds due to the fact that I have had a banquet, 2 weddings, 2 wedding showers, graduation parties etc. for the last 3 weeks. Simply too much food and I did give in to temptation. I have one last wedding today and then a break before more food festivities. I suppose that this is what it is all about, learning that if you gain a few pounds it is time to stop and take them back off before it gets out of control. Wish me luck!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #1049

What a lot of lovely events you have been enjoying. The shakes will soon send the pounds scurrying away.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #1050
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
What a lot of lovely events you have been enjoying. The shakes will soon send the pounds scurrying away.
Yes you are right. I regret having to take a few pounds back off but at the same time I am thankful that I have the tools in place to deal with them!

I am having trouble finding my favorite Chocolate Royale shakes yikes! My local Wal-mart switched to the boxed shakes and they only had vanilla and chocolate delight so I did not buy any. Is anyone else having this issue?