Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 09:35 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aquarian
Stats: 297/267/155
WOE: Lean Protein, Very Limited Carbs - Kimkins
Start Date: Restarted 04/12/2007
Dropping in to just say: Happy Birthday Aquarians! My birthday was Saturday...the big 30!

I subscribe to this thread and you guys are doing great!
Aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Jenni!!! Glad that you stopped by and best wishes for success with the Shakes!! I love the taste and convenience!
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Aquarian!!

Thanks for stopping by and subscribing to our thread - 30? No way, you don't look your age at all! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #844
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aquarian
Stats: 297/267/155
WOE: Lean Protein, Very Limited Carbs - Kimkins
Start Date: Restarted 04/12/2007
Delynmonet, Thank you and I'm trying to keep it that way!

I'm getting married in September and my fiance is 4.5 years longer than me, and I don't want that to be obvious by just looking at us together!
Aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #845
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Just drunk a shake instead of dinner.

Gym this morning, a milky coffee, naughty but nice, shopping, a soy milk coffee!

Home, friends around for drinks, red wine, bacon and cheese wraps, olives.

A classic example of how not to live your life the healthy Atkins way!!!!

Bad girl.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Aquarian**Happy Birthday! Way to go on snagging a younger man! My DH is 7 years older than me which was fine when I was 20 but sometimes I wonder.....what was I thinking! hahah, just kidding~

Cindy**May not be the ideal day but it sounds fun! Isn't it crazy when the day goes by and you realize that there just was not any time to make good choices....life goes on.
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #847
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WHIRLYBIRD
Stats: 265/183/130
WOE: Atkins~Low Carb/JUDDDD
Start Date: 01-01-09
So far So good

Well, so far I've been on the shakes for a total of 4 straight days and have lost a total of 7 pounds. I know a lot of that was just water but it does make a huge difference in how my clothes are fitting.
I'm also really sticking with my 1 hour of running/walking on the treadmill everyday. I will take a day off and only workout for 6 days but for right now, I'm working my you know what off!
I find that eating my main meal for breakfast makes me less hungry all day long. Probably has something to do with keeping my blood sugar levels low for the first meal and setting the stage for the rest of the day.
I have yet to try the 1 minute muffins. Might have to make one in the morning to have with my other goodies. Although, I don't know how well it will go with shrimp, avocado salad... I'll try it anyway. I had meatballs this morning and am planning on making a zucchini lasagna for dinner tomorrow night and save my portion for breakfast the next day.
Has anyone here heard of the Reverse Diet? I can't remember her name but this lady was on Good Morning American a few years back and said that she lost over 200 pounds by eating her main meal for breakfast and then just eating lightly, including snacks for the rest of the day. I'm trying to remember the name of the website... It's something like www.thereversedietsolution.com Sorry if I'm not supposed to post other website addresses but if you can gain some benefit from it then go ahead and burn me a the stake.
Have a good evening everyone and I will post my progress in a few days
Chow for now,
Jenni

Last edited by WHIRLYBIRD; 01-28-2008 at 07:26 PM..
WHIRLYBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:07 AM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharonmid
Great job Jenni, I have been sick and so havent been doing as well as I should, but as of yesterday (Monday) I am back to the shake routine. I had a shake for breakfast then around 3 pm I had a salad and a steak and then I had a shake for dinner and 5 chicken wings. I felt satisfied, I still have no taste but I am sure I enjoyed it all. Today I have already had my morning shake and I am headed off to work so everyone have a good day.
sharonmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:33 AM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

Whirlybird***Great job! Yes, I did read an article in People about the lady and the Reverse Diet Solution. I agree eating a lot at breakfast does make a huge difference in how satisfied you are all day. I did try that pre-Atkins and was amazed at the difference it made. I kinda forgot about it to be quite honest. It may be something to try again. I cannot believe you are down 7 pounds that is sooooo awesome!

Sharonmid***I hope you are on your way to feeling better. My hubby was up all night coughing and is sick today....yuck!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 01-29-2008, 08:49 AM   #850
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Hi Everyone!

Been crazy the last week or so, haven't had much time to visit the board. Working two jobs, both part time, but ended up working a lot more than I planned this week!!

Welcome to all the new faces and a big hello to "the gang". Happy Birthday to one and all! 30.... I remember when! Will be 47 this year, funny thing is, seems like just yesterday I was 30. Where does the time go??

Been off plan again, seems like every time I try to add carbs in the forms of grain products, it just sets me off on a binge. When will I learn? But, I miss it, so I keep trying. Up a few pounds, but back to my shakes for BF and lunch, so I know it'll be gone in a few days, along with the pesky cravings. I AM going to have birthday cake this weekend, as I have been looking forward to this item for months and I will not be denied!! HEHE!! I will be firmly back on track on Monday, no more excuses!!

I am going to try to add more protein to my diet and see if that helps. I found a site that has some low carb products that I want to try, so after pay day I will order them. Going to break though this and get into the 140's.

Have a great day everyone, I have to get back to work!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:35 AM   #851

Hi Jenni, Sharon, everyone. Good to see you Debs,

We are all always struggling in our own ways, there are times when in is easier than others. I guess the truth is that none of us has a completely 'normal' relationship with food, or we wouldn't be here.

The support we give each other here is so important, I wouldn't be without it. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #852
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi Jenni, Sharon, everyone. Good to see you Debs,

We are all always struggling in our own ways, there are times when in is easier than others. I guess the truth is that none of us has a completely 'normal' relationship with food, or we wouldn't be here.

The support we give each other here is so important, I wouldn't be without it. Thanks.
Cindy**You are right but thank goodness that we are struggling along because it sure beats giving up like I had before I began LC! We are an amazing bunch here and we just keep on keepin on. And I agree thank goodness we have one another!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:06 AM   #853

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I haven't been keeping up with the thread but i thought about you recently. I had started taking coconut oil, and it's been hitting my appetite really HARD. Since I'm not a breakfast eater, I found myself wondering if I'd eaten today. I saw my box of shakes and remembered your post, so now I keep them around to make sure I'm getting enough vitamins and calories on top of my Avocado Ranch Salads and random pieces of bacon. I'm not even snacking much, but I am keeping my RTE salads available for veggie carbs. I find I like the chocolate Royale shakes and they taste good at all temperatures.

I'm not doing induction or OWL, but I do have five pounds that showed up on my doorstep, maybe this'll help.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #854
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone
Just popping in to say hello. I have had the flu and am pretty much out of it. Of course the only thing I can stand to or want to eat is carbs. Ughhhhh ever since the holidays every time I get back on track something happens and I fall off. Sorry to complain and I hope you all are doing good!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #855

Get well soon.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #856
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Hi everyone
Just popping in to say hello. I have had the flu and am pretty much out of it. Of course the only thing I can stand to or want to eat is carbs. Ughhhhh ever since the holidays every time I get back on track something happens and I fall off. Sorry to complain and I hope you all are doing good!
Homestretch,

Sorry to hear that you had the flu - it's going around - my hairdresser was at work today for the first time in a week after having it and she still felt week!

Fell better soon . . .
Old 02-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #857
Senior LCF Member

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

[COLOR="Purple"]It's official, I've lost a total of 10.5 pounds since starting the shake routine 8 days ago! Incredible!!! I just love how easy it is to follow this way of eating.
I am replacing both lunch and dinner with the shakes. I eat a large breakfast which is usually what I make for dinner the night before for hubby and just save my portion for breakfast the next day. It seems to be working out really well.
I made low carb beef enchiladas last night and had two of them for breakfast this morning. I was so content and never felt a hunger pain till around 5:30 this evening. I didn't intentionally not have a shake for lunch, I was helping a Friend paint her entry way and time just got away. It was only until I was on my way home that I realized that I hadn't had my shake for lunch and I wasn't even hungry!
On one of the Oprah shows at the beginning of the year, she had her trainer on, Bob Greene and he was talking about using diet shakes to replace a meal and that he had started using one for his dinner. He said that he was never able to get past the 170's as hard as he tried but it was only when he replaced his last meal of the day with the shake that he slipped right into the 160's. That's testament enough for me! He is a powerhouse kind of trainer and if it worked for him, by golly it will work for me!
Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend. It's was sunny and 65 degrees here in North Texas today. Supposed to see the low 70's tomorrow.
I'll check back in on Monday. Have a good one!!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by WHIRLYBIRD; 02-02-2008 at 07:32 PM..
Old 02-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #858
Senior LCF Member

Get Well Soon!

Oh Homestretch,
I'm sorry that you have the flu.
Stay home and stay warm. (and stay away from the carbs!)
You might try heating up some chicken broth and sipping on that. Try adding an egg to make egg drop soup if you need something more substantial.
Hope you get better soon!!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I am somewhat better today although some of the meds have me not sleeping which is why I am posting at 3 am (lol). I did eat my chicken broth but I also ate some oatmeal and crackers because that is all the stomach would allow. Today is my birthday! I was suppose to go out for a steak dinner with the family but I am not sure I can make it out of the house. Oh well, there is always next weekend!

Whirly**Way to go on the weight loss! That is so amazing!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:30 AM   #860
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I am somewhat better today although some of the meds have me not sleeping which is why I am posting at 3 am (lol). I did eat my chicken broth but I also ate some oatmeal and crackers because that is all the stomach would allow. Today is my birthday! I was suppose to go out for a steak dinner with the family but I am not sure I can make it out of the house. Oh well, there is always next weekend!

Whirly**Way to go on the weight loss! That is so amazing!

I was asleep when you were typing - I guess too that you are excited because it's a super special day for you - enjoy your day and may you have many, many more!! Feel better and, yes, there is next weekend if you have to. Here's a big for you!

BTW, say a in thanks to see another full circle - some haven't reached another year - so you have something to be grateful for.

Last edited by delynmonet; 02-03-2008 at 04:33 AM..
Old 02-03-2008, 06:00 AM   #861
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
, Homestretch!!!!! Sorry to hear you are sick. Hang in there

Congrats on the incredible losses, Jenni! KUTGW

I havent been on much this week cuz Ive been in & out of the hospital/docs office with pain in my right side just below the ribs. We were sure it was gall stones but my sonogram & bloodwork were completely normal. Though that was good news I am STILL in pain and they cant explain why If it doesnt go away in the next few days theyre sending me for more tests. On a positive note both drs were very pleased with my LC WOE and my family doc whom I havent seen since starting back in Sept., said I looked GREAT

Have a great day everyone and Ill check back in when I can
Old 02-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #862

WTG Jenni! Fantastic loss.

Happy Birthday Homestretch even if it isn't the way you planned to spend your day. Like you say, you can do it next weekend.

Lisa, sorry you are suffering too. Hope they get it sorted real soon.

Hi Del, everyone.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #863
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour Puss
Stats: 247/168/148 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/15/2005
Hi everyone! Poking my head in here again. Hope you're feeling better Homestretch and Lisa. Welcome Jenny and congrats on the amazing losses! Hi everyone!

I've been in a mood lately because I have been stalled out at between 150-154 since July 07. It's come down to me getting the peanut butter and nuts of any kind out of the house. Also, I've cut way back on dairy and am only having hard cheese in small amounts, no heavy cream, cream cheese, etc. And, in addition, this week I cut out my night snacking. I've been a huge advocate of sunflower seeds in the shell for snacks, especially in the evenings, but the ones I have are so full of sodium I'm sure they've been holding me back so they are gone for the time being too. Salt can really be an issue so I'm keeping it as minimal as possible. During the day if I need a snack I have a shake or a hard boiled egg or two. I'm also making lunch my biggest meal of the day. I'd like to move it to breakfast like Jenny but I'm just not that hungry in the morning so that's when I have my shake.

Anyway, it's back to basics for me. I've got a new determination to kick this stall and it appears to be working. Last week at this time I was 155 lbs and today I'm 149. I really want to hit 147 lbs by the end of the month and keep my momentum going. That would put my total loss at 100 lbs. I really feel like my optimum weight would be right at 138-140 lbs. I know I can't keep this up forever but I just want to finally break through this stall and at least hit the mid-140s.

Last edited by Glamour Puss; 02-05-2008 at 01:23 AM..
Glamour Puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #864
Big Yapper!!!!

Tina~ I think your plan is a good one

Well my pain is almost non-existent now I just hope whatever it was doesnt come back! I am doing 2 shakes and a LC meal, no eating after 6PM and exercising 45 min per day. I already walked on the DT (dear treadmill) and will do some arm weights in a bit. It was hard to get back on today after being away for a week or so, but I did it!

Have a great day all
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 AM   #865

Tina, great to see you posting. Sound like you are really on track and in control. Great job.

Lisa, glad the mystery pain has gone.

I was at the gym for an hour and a half yesterday, nothing today as I meet up with friends once a month for coffee/lunch, and today was that day!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!
**Lisa**Glad to hear that your pain is gone!

**Tina**Way to go...you are on fire!

**Del**Thanks for the B-day Wishes!

I am still getting over the flu but feeling better although I am soooo tired. I went back on the shakes yesterday since it was the first day that I could stomach my regular diet. I am looking forward to having a good week!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #867
Big Yapper!!!!

Sooo glad to hear you are feeling better!!!
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #868
Major LCF Poster!

Dear Buddies,

WhirlyBird - I didn't get a chance to say - congrats on the weight loss - keep it up!

I am on the slow road to recovery - after the game on Sunday and the guests left - I experienced a headache, chills, coughing, sore throat, etc. Not feeling well but wanted to stop by and say hi. I feel absolutely horrible!

Will be checking in periodically as I am drinking plenty of water and getting lots of sleep.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #869

Take good care of yourself.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #870
Big Yapper!!!!