Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 07:43 AM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
:blush: Thank you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Lisa
I am not sure that I am looking forward to my 40's but I have always thought I would be at my best in my 40's. I don't know why but even as a teenager I would daydream that my 40's were going to be awesome. Is that weird or what? I know one thing for sure and that is that I would never want to be 20 something again, too many growing pains and life lessons to learn!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbingCarmen
Stats: 294/294/164
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 10, 2014
Hello all, I find this thread very interesting I am re-starting Induction tomorrow and I am going to do the shakes which I totally love. I will weigh in once a week and post my results here.
LowCarbingCarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbingCarmen View Post
Hello all, I find this thread very interesting I am re-starting Induction tomorrow and I am going to do the shakes which I totally love. I will weigh in once a week and post my results here.
LCCarmen! We will move over as there is always room for one more. We look forward to reading your posts and your progress. So many people have been drinking the shakes (not necessarily Atkins but protein shakes) and have had very interesting results.

From my observation, lowering the calories and carbs has a major effect on the weight loss process. But also keeping a well-balanced low carb meal is critical as well. I am enjoying the Shakes Routine as it has helped me to keep my weight in check. The theory of low calories, low carb coupled with regular exercise is a great combination.

Great to have you here.

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:01 AM   #815

Hi Carmen, great to see you here. We are great believers in the shakes.

I have had two today and plan good LC meal this evening.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #816
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Lisa
I know one thing for sure and that is that I would never want to be 20 something again, too many growing pains and life lessons to learn!
ITA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbingCarmen View Post

Carmen!

Del, Cindy, Deb & Sharon (hope I didn't miss anyone)

Last edited by scrappychik; 01-22-2008 at 11:26 AM..
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:49 AM   #817
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: IWILLDOIT1978
Stats: 266/?/ just to be healthy again!! :)
WOE: LOW CARB
Start Date: 11-4-06 restart 4/4/2013
Good Luck!!

I think I'd be way too hungry doing what you are doing. But is sounds like you are doing good with it. Make sure you get enough calories and carbs in! I definately would eat some kinda veggie snacks inbetween even if I was hungry or not because you don't want your body to go into starvation mode and you to not loose. The best of luck to ya!!
IWILLDOIT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:18 AM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWILLDOIT1978 View Post
I think I'd be way too hungry doing what you are doing. But is sounds like you are doing good with it. Make sure you get enough calories and carbs in! I definately would eat some kinda veggie snacks inbetween even if I was hungry or not because you don't want your body to go into starvation mode and you to not loose. The best of luck to ya!!
Thanks for your helpful input. The worst thing anyone can do is go into starvation mode - and we know that the body's protection mechanism generally kicks in and holds on to the weight for a while. Thus, the balance of calories and carbs makes so much sense. For snacks, Atkins suggestion worked for me - like nuts, cheese, even hors' doeuvres (I like devilled eggs, chopped liver, smoked oysters, stuffed celery) - and kept hunger at bay.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 AM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Just dropping in to say hello to everyone. I am still drinking the shakes but I have yet to get all my holiday weight off....uggggghhhhh! My goal is to get it off by my B-day, Feb. 3rd. I had hoped to be losing a little bit more by my B-day but I did not know that the holiday weight would stick around so long (lesson learned). We are going to Disney in March and I really need to be at a stable weight by then so I can buy some summer clothes. Everything from last summer falls off of me which is awesome but I need to make it through one summer without changing sizes! The last two summers I have changed sizes mid summer (not complaining) but I really would like to be in a permanent size before spring hits. Right now I am an 8 but can fit in a 6 (tightly) and I think settling into a 6 would be awesome. I just needed to share and solidify my goals.

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Just dropping in to say hello to everyone. I am still drinking the shakes but I have yet to get all my holiday weight off....uggggghhhhh! My goal is to get it off by my B-day, Feb. 3rd. I had hoped to be losing a little bit more by my B-day but I did not know that the holiday weight would stick around so long (lesson learned). We are going to Disney in March and I really need to be at a stable weight by then so I can buy some summer clothes. Everything from last summer falls off of me which is awesome but I need to make it through one summer without changing sizes! The last two summers I have changed sizes mid summer (not complaining) but I really would like to be in a permanent size before spring hits. Right now I am an 8 but can fit in a 6 (tightly) and I think settling into a 6 would be awesome. I just needed to share and solidify my goals.

Homestretch - I am rooting for ya! YOU CAN DO IT!!! You and I are fitting the same size 8. That's great and much better than the 14/16 that I used to be in!
Old 01-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #821
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: IWILLDOIT1978
Stats: 266/?/ just to be healthy again!! :)
WOE: LOW CARB
Start Date: 11-4-06 restart 4/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Thanks for your helpful input. The worst thing anyone can do is go into starvation mode - and we know that the body's protection mechanism generally kicks in and holds on to the weight for a while. Thus, the balance of calories and carbs makes so much sense. For snacks, Atkins suggestion worked for me - like nuts, cheese, even hors' doeuvres (I like devilled eggs, chopped liver, smoked oysters, stuffed celery) - and kept hunger at bay.
I definately didn't mean this in a neggative way! Sounds like you are doing great! I guess I missed the part that you were snacking on those things inbetween! LOL.... Good luck!!!! How long have you been doing this and how much have you lost this far? Just curious! I might give it a try! I have thought about this actually!!!
IWILLDOIT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:49 AM   #822
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Homestretch - I am rooting for ya! YOU CAN DO IT!!! You and I are fitting the same size 8. That's great and much better than the 14/16 that I used to be in!
Thanks Del! I knew that I could count on everyone here for support. I am still up about 1.5 pounds but I know that it will come back off....yep, it is melting away as I type!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #823
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I definately didn't mean this in a neggative way! Sounds like you are doing great! I guess I missed the part that you were snacking on those things inbetween! LOL.... Good luck!!!! How long have you been doing this and how much have you lost this far? Just curious! I might give it a try! I have thought about this actually!!!
If you are really considering this as an option it is a great idea to go back through and read the posts from beginning to end. I did it when I began and it was so inspirational. We keep our posts short, sweet and very supportive so it is not that much reading. I think in both Del and my posts we track our weight loss and I often posted my menu if you are curious. Welcome and good luck if you decide this is for you.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for your post - no, I NEVER took your post as negative - the word or thought "negative" never entered my mind. I really appreciated your sincerity - I just wanted to give you a compliment on your thoughtfulness of expression.

Actually, I started the Atkins Shakes Routine for myself in November 2006 so that I could jumpstart weight loss of stubborn pounds that were hanging around - not knowing if it would work. So, I took my chances and started drinking two shakes a day and one low carb meal. Then, lo and behold, the weight started coming off! I lost 20 lbs.

Last edited by delynmonet; 01-23-2008 at 01:22 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 06:23 AM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Just checking in while drinking my morning shake. I had one of those evenings yesterday where I wanted to eat, eat, eat. I ate some cottage cheese yesterday evening (something I rarely eat) and it really stimulated my appetite and did a number on my tummy. After eating low carb for close to 2 years I am still learning my triggers. Here is my plan for the day:
B: Shake
L: Shake
S: Shake
D: Shrimp stir fry
Exercise: Treadmill baby! Too cold to venture outside since it is about 20 degrees here.
Have a happy low carb day!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharonmid
Hi everyone, havent post in a while but still around, still doing the shakes, been sick today and was scared to drink my breakfast one. I bought the Slim fast version of low carb shakes and did not like at all, drank them since I paid for them but will never buy again. Would love to find the mocha ones but they seem very limited. I have not weighted myself since I hate the scales but my jeans are fitting again and I dont look poured into them. Glad everyone is doing well.. Sharon
sharonmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #827
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry you are sick, Sharon But happy to hear you are still on plan and that the shakes are helping you lose. WTG on the looser jeans
Old 01-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneyearsweet
Stats: 179.8/160/145
WOE: HCG
Start Date: Oct 11/11
Hi there,
My weight has totally stalled and was thinking of doing shakes when I saw this thread. My question is when the weight is off and I want to have meals again (low carb of course) is the weight going to pile back on? I work out with weights and cardio everyday, so I would have to have snacks or I would starve! I guess as long as my calorie intake doesn't go up I should be fine? I am off to Hawaii in a month and really need to lose at least 10 lbs, but the scale won't move! Hope I can jump in here for support!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyearsweet View Post
Hi there,
My weight has totally stalled and was thinking of doing shakes when I saw this thread. My question is when the weight is off and I want to have meals again (low carb of course) is the weight going to pile back on? I work out with weights and cardio everyday, so I would have to have snacks or I would starve! I guess as long as my calorie intake doesn't go up I should be fine? I am off to Hawaii in a month and really need to lose at least 10 lbs, but the scale won't move! Hope I can jump in here for support!
I used the shakes to break my stall and it worked well. I actually used the shakes in all kinds of variations while losing. Some days I only had them for breakfast, some days I had them for every meal besides dinner and often on the weekends I did not have them at all. I continue to use them as a fast meal or like now when I put on a little weight and need to get it back down. I am so jealous that you are going to Hawaii.....lucky dog!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyearsweet View Post
Hi there,
Amber - I wish I can answer you about weight piling on . . . but as long as I stayed on plan - not cheating and going off plan eating high carb - I had control of the weight situation.

I am staying on plan and having no problem - yes, there are situations - age, menopausal or hormonal stages, lack of exercise, etc. that can have an effect - i.e., bloating, salt retention. Too much of even low carb (over a reasonable carb level) and calories can add a little weight. The key is to monitor yourself with the low carb and stay in control.

No matter what plan you're on - weight will always come back if you're off track.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #831
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber~ I will simply second what Del and Homestretch said

I had my Friday AM weigh-in....149.0!!!! I am so happy And I just finished my Chocolate Royale shake for breakfast - life is good
Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegrl View Post
Amber~ I will simply second what Del and Homestretch said

I had my Friday AM weigh-in....149.0!!!! I am so happy And I just finished my Chocolate Royale shake for breakfast - life is good
149!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! I am doing the happy dance for you! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #833

Hello everyone, welcome Amber.

I have had a busy week with a lot of travelling and shakes have been so useful. Rushing by.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

LISA*****Yeah 149!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WHIRLYBIRD
Stats: 265/183/130
WOE: Atkins~Low Carb/JUDDDD
Start Date: 01-01-09
Hello Ladies,
I am also just now starting to replace two meals for shakes. I'm so glad I came across your posts about this.
I am eating a really good breakfast with lots of proteins (usually what I make for dinner the night before except instead of eating it then, I save it for breakfast) and then a shake for lunch and dinner. I'm also adding in some extra fiber powder to the shake to help feel fuller longer. It seems to really help. I usually don't get hungry till it's time to have another shake. I love the convenience of them! And the taste is awesome!
Oh, I also wanted to mention that I ordered up a bunch of them off of Netrition.com including the Mocha flavor and the shipping for all of them (7 four packs) was $4.99 total! Not Bad! They are also almost a dollar cheaper for a 4 pack than my grocery store.
I too am trying so very hard to get this holiday weight off. Gosh, it just seems to be sticking extra had this time around. Yuck! Hope the shakes can make a difference.
Jenni
WHIRLYBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharonmid
sharonmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #837

Welcome Whirlybird, and well done Lisa. I am back in London again and it is easier to buy my shakes here.

I'll be checking in now and again!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #838
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIRLYBIRD View Post
Hello Ladies,
I am also just now starting to replace two meals for shakes. I'm so glad I came across your posts about this.
I am eating a really good breakfast with lots of proteins (usually what I make for dinner the night before except instead of eating it then, I save it for breakfast) and then a shake for lunch and dinner. I'm also adding in some extra fiber powder to the shake to help feel fuller longer. It seems to really help. I usually don't get hungry till it's time to have another shake. I love the convenience of them! And the taste is awesome!
Oh, I also wanted to mention that I ordered up a bunch of them off of Netrition.com including the Mocha flavor and the shipping for all of them (7 four packs) was $4.99 total! Not Bad! They are also almost a dollar cheaper for a 4 pack than my grocery store.
I too am trying so very hard to get this holiday weight off. Gosh, it just seems to be sticking extra had this time around. Yuck! Hope the shakes can make a difference.
Jenni
Hi Jenni and ! I totally agree with that holiday weight wanting to hang on for dear life. It simply must leave.....NOW! I love the shakes and cannot believe how good that they taste. I was skeptical at first because I drank Slim Fast in the 90's . These taste like a real shake! Good luck and glad to have you here.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:05 AM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday morning everyone! I am shaking it up today and getting ready to hit the treadmill. Have a successful week ahead!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #840
Blabbermouth!!!

Jenni!!