Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Hi Everyone! Happy 2008!
Del** I hope that things are going well for you at work. It stinks to have to work with someone who has problems. It certainly sounds as if your coworker was waiting to pounce on you about anything to relieve the jealousy she feels towards you. Good luck!

Deb** Sorry your SIL gave you such a cool response. I know exactly what you are going through. After losing 50 pounds there is not one person in my husbands family who has acknowledged my WL. They are all very jealous people who are unable to be happy for others. It is sad really. The best part and I will explain below is getting to a place where it really does not matter what anyone else thinks!

I had a funny thing happen at my family Xmas party. I have a very large family and our gathering consists of about 70 people. Many I had not seen in a long time, some since last Xmas. A couple of them were making comments about me and it took me a while to catch on that they were talking about my WL. Everyone came up to me and asked me how I did it and what size I was wearing. You know the best thing about it? It was unexpected because I am used to the WL and I realized that I HONESTLY lost the weight for myself and no one else. In the past I probably would have been anticipating comments on my weight loss and would want to look good for others. That day I really realized that this WL is about me and my health not how anyone else views me. It was wonderful. Don't get me wrong it is much appreciated and wonderful to hear the compliments but it was the first in years that I really did not care what anyone thought of my weight. What matters is ME!!!! I am so happy to be in this place mentally and physically.

Hope everyone is doing well. I fell off the wagon a bit over the holidays but I am right back on track now and it feels wonderful. Here is to a healthy 2008 for all of us!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!

Last edited by homestretch; 01-03-2008 at 10:51 AM..
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #752
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Snap! What a lovely post to start the new year.

Have a great one all of you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Again, welcome back everyone - Homestretch and Kissa - thanks so much for all of the encouragement and the fact that you are in my corner . . .

Good news, I went over to my co-worker's desk, and told her that I'd like to speak with her - she was sooo very humble and apologetic - and I too returned the favor - I told her that I wanted to start the New Year with a clean slate and I did not appreciate and don't like the animosity between us.

Apparently, she felt the same way but stated that she has to work on her sensitivity levels - and weight is one of them - I told her just to take it one day at the time and she will reach her goal. A big weight off my shoulder!!!

Made me realize that, yes, many people have a struggle (as we do too) with weight issues - the secret is that we have to be determined to find out ways to get past that and we here at LCF's have done so. I love you all so very much as we are a family here and we constantly back each other up. Homestretch, there are not many that haven't experienced the fall off the wagon - I went away and "planned" to have Tiramisu - not once but twice - a slice of baked french bread - several sandwiches on low carb bread - some baked beans and wound up drinking a bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider (a friend packed a goodie bag with it in there) that DH did not want to drink (of course, I added some Jack Daniels) and low carb Michelob Ultra!! Last week, I had a Grand Manier Colada . . . And guess what - 5 lbs came on . . . I am drinking my shakes as of yesterday and 2 came off already.

Remember, I did not exercise while I was away and since I've gotten back - exercise was slow going but now I have picked up the pace! By the end of next week, I should be close to my normal goal weight.

We have conquered but must CONTINUE the fight!! So, I am back to my regular shakes routine, low carb eating and work out - I know it works - as long as we know what to do we will keep control over the struggle!

Homestretch - their jealousy meant that you won . . . you'll be healthier in the long run and happier too!

Love you all and much success with LIFE in the New Year to you all!!!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 01-03-2008 at 11:40 AM..
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Belated Happy New Year Everyone

Just a very quick note...

Very glad to see everyone back! Looks like we all enjoyed the holidays and survived the temporary food chaos and are back on plan! I know that I had a few days of mindless eating and to my surprise gained..... 7 POUNDS!! Of course, got early TOM to add to the fun! Less than a week later and it's all gone but 1/2 pound. So, I'm at 155. Now, if I can make the remaining 20 plus pounds disappear. I have decided to focus on small changes, like counting calories and getting definite exercise in at least three times a week. I am going to get to my goal by spring of 135 or less.

I'm sorry, short on time right now, but wanted to say "Hello" to the gang! Will post again tomorrow when I have more time.

Hugs and best wishes to all!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa, Del, Deb...you are all terrific and I am so happy that I get to spend 2008 with you. We all kick butt when it comes to being here for one another and admitting our slips!

Del** I am so glad that you got everything squared away with your coworker. Makes for a much happier workplace doesn't it? Weight is a touchy subject for many of us isn't it?

Deb**You rock taking charge of the scale!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:29 AM   #756

Gym over for the day and strawberry shake drunk!

It is good to see everyone doing so well again.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

4 lbs. gone!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that as of yesterday, I am 4 lbs down (out of 5) and got one more to go. Two days of shakes did it - and one low carb dinner each day. No diet soda - only water, decaf coffee and seltzer with dinner!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #758

3 and 1/2 down for me! We are doing it!
Old 01-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
Gosh you know I never read this thread as I assumed it was about the shakes!!

Lots of nice converations and I hope to join!

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Bella!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHMB View Post
Gosh you know I never read this thread as I assumed it was about the shakes!!

Lots of nice converations and I hope to join!

Bella
Bella: You've already joined our post and thread - as long as you were a LCF member!!! Yes, it more than just the Shakes - its about being healthy and doing what can be done to get there!!! There's so much love and harmony backed up with encouragement here!! Thanks for stopping by and hope to hear from you soon!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

Wooo Hooo - Yes we are!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
3 and 1/2 down for me! We are doing it!
Kissa,

Congrats and you go, girl!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #762

Hi Bella, the shakes aren't for everyone we know, but as you have seen they really work for some. I use them to help at times like this when I don't want to spend too much time thinking about food.

Lovely to see you here.

I had a second shake yesterday then fresh tuna with pesto sauce, cabbage and asparagus.

None today as I had a late brunch of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Steak and salad this evening. Missing my wine but it isn't for long.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Kissa, Del, Deb...you are all terrific and I am so happy that I get to spend 2008 with you. We all kick butt when it comes to being here for one another and admitting our slips!

Del** I am so glad that you got everything squared away with your coworker. Makes for a much happier workplace doesn't it? Weight is a touchy subject for many of us isn't it?

Deb**You rock taking charge of the scale!
Homestretch,

You are so right!! A much better environment. Yesterday, my co-worker came over and she told me that she's ordering a complete home gym workout system. Something similar to Nordic Trak . . . anyway, all I did was encourage her and wish her the best - I told her that's a great idea. She's paranoid about going to the gym - even though she has a membership. Hey, whatever works!

She's noticed that her weight is totally up (and I have too but not commenting on it) - yes, weight is a touchy subject for a lot of us. That's okay, as long as we admit that we can be healthier just by working out and making a plan for our eating habits. She even discussed a program that she saw on tv that its really in the mind and many things become an addiction - once it is out of the control and the body takes over the mind.

Well, I just had my shake and am getting ready to walk on my treadmill. Will check in later! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Del and Cindy*** Way to go with the scale! Del**I admire the way that you turned things around with your coworker. You may really be able to give her the inspiration she needs to make some positive changes.

Bella**Welcome! You have stumbled on an awesome group!

I am going to post my food for a while. I need to be accountable again.
B: 2 eggs, ham and coffee with 1 TBSP half and half
L: Atkins Shake
S: Atkins Shake
D: Grilled pork chop with green beans and melted butter

Exercise: None for today since my hip is bothering me once again.

Have a successful day! I feel the holiday weight leaving along with an extra pound in tow!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:35 AM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Here is my plan for the day
B: Atkins shake
L: Atkins shake
S: Hard boiled eggs
D: Grilled venison and veggies with a salad
Old 01-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #766

2 shakes today, then I enjoyed grilled mackerel with a few vegetables.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Menu for the day:
B: 2 eggs, 2 slices of ham, 1 TBSP half and half
L: Burger wrapped in lettuce, 2 hotwings, salad (ate a Red Robin)
D: Atkins shake

Have a Happy!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #768
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Hey guys!! I just met up with Del over on the exercise board and wanted to check in with everyone. Boy it's been busy here and I'm so glad youall are doing well. I got derailed just before x-mas when I got sick and just couldn't shake my cold/cough. I just started eating whatever made me feel better. Needless to say I put on some water weight but I'm happy to report that I've been back on plan and just a pound shy of my profile weight I got sick AGAIN this week with a stomach thing-yuck! I weigh on Fridays so Ill see what the damage is, if any then. to you all -Ive missed being here. Do I need a note from my mother for my absence? :wink:
Old 01-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegrl View Post
Hey guys!! I just met up with Del over on the exercise board and wanted to check in with everyone. Boy it's been busy here and I'm so glad youall are doing well. I got derailed just before x-mas when I got sick and just couldn't shake my cold/cough. I just started eating whatever made me feel better. Needless to say I put on some water weight but I'm happy to report that I've been back on plan and just a pound shy of my profile weight I got sick AGAIN this week with a stomach thing-yuck! I weigh on Fridays so Ill see what the damage is, if any then. to you all -Ive missed being here. Do I need a note from my mother for my absence? :wink:
Glad to hear from you and hope that you'll feel better soon!! No note needed here!! Missed you too!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Menu for the day:
B: 2 eggs, 2 slices of ham, 1 TBSP half and half
L: Burger wrapped in lettuce, 2 hotwings, salad (ate a Red Robin)
D: Atkins shake

Have a Happy!
Homestretch,

I must say that this sounds delicious - I love burgers (without the bun of course), hot wings and salad! Maybe I'll make some wings tonight for dinner! And take out the hamburger for Thursday evening!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!
**DEl**that burger was delicious! And of course the hotwings were awesome. Speaking of hot wing type of food. My daughter made boiled shrimp and then mixed Franks hot sauce with ranch to use as a dip. It was soooooo good and may become a staple in my diet!

Here is my menu for the day
B: 1 egg, 1 slice of canadian bacon, coffee with cream
L: 1 minute muffin (just had the craving) with cream cheese
D: Hamburger fried with cabbage
Exercise: walked and lifted weights -
My new motto: Lift weight(s) in 2008!

Have a happy Atkins day!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

So far today a bunless cheeseburger with sf bread n' butter pickles and an Atkins Shake. Not sure about dinner-I really need to go shopping. I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill this AM and will do some arm exercises with weights later. Have a good one
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi everyone!
**DEl**that burger was delicious! And of course the hotwings were awesome. Speaking of hot wing type of food. My daughter made boiled shrimp and then mixed Franks hot sauce with ranch to use as a dip. It was soooooo good and may become a staple in my diet!

Here is my menu for the day
B: 1 egg, 1 slice of canadian bacon, coffee with cream
L: 1 minute muffin (just had the craving) with cream cheese
D: Hamburger fried with cabbage
Exercise: walked and lifted weights -
My new motto: Lift weight(s) in 2008!

Have a happy Atkins day!
How hilarious with the shrimp and dip recipe! I just bought shrimp for late lunch and I have Frank's hot sauce and ranch at home - but the shrimp won't make it home tonight!! I will try that combo very soon!! Sounds good!

Homestretch and Lisa, great job on the workout - today I walked 35 mins on my TM, too!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #774
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vanisle
Stats: 155/151/130
Start Date: January 15 2004
Hi everyone.
I see you are having the atkins shakes.
I was looking at them yesterday but passed on buying them.
It sounds like you all like them.
I usually make ashake with whey everyday and I do use berries in them.
Have to add my own vits.
Do you all like the taste and do they fill you up for awhile?
Vanisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #775

I use a British shake but I liked the Atkins ones when I used them.

I had a strawberry shake this am. Then an omelette for lunch, pork, avocado and salad this evening.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:30 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, Vanisle -

I have been drinking the Atkins Advantage Shakes for quite some time - particularly since November 2006 - and I enjoy them. I really love the Strawberry but since they seem to be limited in my area - the Cafe Mocha Chocolate is just fine for me! They last around four hours in my system and in between I fill up with water, decaf coffee, and/or low carb snacks. Then, I'll have another at lunch time (which is never earlier than 1 pm for me) and I can hold out until dinner.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #777

Hi ladies, Strawberry shake for me after my 2 hour workout!!!

Then a couple of Atkins bars while driving for 3+ hours to Devon, now planning a ham and cheese and something supper.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #778
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi ladies, Strawberry shake for me after my 2 hour workout!!!

Then a couple of Atkins bars while driving for 3+ hours to Devon, now planning a ham and cheese and something supper.
2 hours, Cindy? I won't complain about my 30 minutes on the treadmill anymore

2 Chocolate Royale shakes and a LC supper of bologna & swiss cheese rollups -I gotta get to the grocery if you can't tell. The shakes saved me today
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sharonmid
I started this routine 1 week ago and just found this thread, I usually post in the main lobby but they seem to frown on the shakes and bars, so I never posted that I was using 2 shakes a day and 1 lowcarb meal, since starting it has become so simple, no thinking involved which is good for me, I hate to cook, and I love the shakes. I had posted about the strawberry shakes wondering if they tasted chalky but after reading post here I see people do love them. I have read every bit of this thread and just love what you have going on here. Hope to post again soon, Sharon
sharonmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonmid View Post
I started this routine 1 week ago and just found this thread, I usually post in the main lobby but they seem to frown on the shakes and bars, so I never posted that I was using 2 shakes a day and 1 lowcarb meal, since starting it has become so simple, no thinking involved which is good for me, I hate to cook, and I love the shakes. I had posted about the strawberry shakes wondering if they tasted chalky but after reading post here I see people do love them. I have read every bit of this thread and just love what you have going on here. Hope to post again soon, Sharon
Sharon! Glad to see you made it over to visit us. I answered your post in the Main lobby. I know that many disapprove of the shakes but I say whatever works, do it! We are all proof that this routine does work. Good Luck!