Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #691
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momlatte
Stats: 182
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 11/2007
Thank you so much for the Warm Welcome. .... Scale showed I lost 2 lbs. Yeah!!! How long can one stay on this diet? I am trying to stay around 1200 calories. Looking forward to chatting again soon!!

Take Care,
Jean
momlatte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #692

Gallery: SuzeZee
Stats: Age:70 5'2"
WOE: General LC
Oh, dear, the King went back to work and now I have to build up nerve to weight myself. I can already tell that I probably put on a couple of pounds during Thanksgiving. Back on plan again and hit it hard for a couple of weeks before he gets home again. Need feedback about an idea --- when he returns what about having the shakes twice a day and for dinner keep it smallish but more carbs since I am cooking for him? Will it work? I know I wouldn't go over maybe 60 carbs a day but when he is home it is really impossible to be strict about the carb intake, especially if I have a cocktail at night. Would Scotch be better than wine? Always questions but never any real progress. Thanks for your opinions!
SuzeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 AM   #693
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlatte View Post
I am trying this to see if I can break the stall I have been having with Atkins, and South Beach for the past four months I cannot seem to lose any weight or keep it off. I used to lose on both until I hit the big 40 this year then I am stalling on both. I would lose some then gain it back when TOM came to visit. Then I would be battling the weight all over again.

Take Care,
Jean
Jean! Boy does this sound familiar. It can be so frustrating I hope the shakes help you. I am trying to break into the 150s and I just keep losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over. BUT I wont give up. Im going to try to stick with 2 shakes a day plus one LC meal, cut out the snacks and see if that makes a difference. Glad to have you with us

Oh and just realized you lost 2 pounds-CONGRATS!!!

Last edited by scrappychik; 11-27-2007 at 07:22 AM..
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #694
Big Yapper!!!!

Suze~ Glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving with King, and you are back on plan. I dont have any wisdom about the alcohol cuz I dont drink-I just know that your body will have to burn the alcohol FIRST before any of your stored fat. Have a great day!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlatte View Post
Thank you so much for the Warm Welcome. .... Scale showed I lost 2 lbs. Yeah!!! How long can one stay on this diet? I am trying to stay around 1200 calories. Looking forward to chatting again soon!!

Take Care,
Jean
Again, another and congrats on the two pounds down, Jean!!!! We just love to read about weight loss progress!!! I am doing the happpy for you and look forward to seeing your success!!!!
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:54 PM   #696
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momlatte
Stats: 182
Start Date: 11/2007
Thanks so much for all your encouragement!!! I just love your sig delynmonet it makes so much sense to me and I need to remember that.
I was down another two pounds today Yeah!! I am looking at some new shakes anyone try low carb solutions shakes? I saw them online on sale and may buy them.

Take Care,
Jean
momlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #697
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
Start Date: 5/26/06
Congrats Jean!

everyone!

Thank goodness for the shakes once again! I ate to much on Thanksgiving but went right back to the shakes and when I got on the scale no gain. I love those darn shakes!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know what it is but . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Congrats Jean!

everyone!

Thank goodness for the shakes once again! I ate to much on Thanksgiving but went right back to the shakes and when I got on the scale no gain. I love those darn shakes!

Homestretch,

. . . I agree!!! They just work! Keep it up and the weight down!!

I love your avatar . . . you look marvelous!

Last edited by delynmonet; 11-29-2007 at 06:37 AM..
Old 12-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Hi Everyone!

It's been a little while since I posted, hope everyone had a nice holiday. Welcome to all of the new faces! It's a great thread with lots of support and encouragement.

I've given myself some "growing room" in the food department the last few weeks. Found I was so nervous about adding foods back in and worrying about any weight gain or stalls that it might cause me, that I felt I had put it off too long. I knew I wanted to enjoy Thanksgiving and any "off limit" foods and didn't want to feel deprived throughout the holiday season. I made a conscious effort to add in any food I wanted, but to be aware of calories, portion sizes, etc., while doing this. I also decided that if I didn't lose any weight throughout the holiday season, that would be OK. I just needed to know that I would not have a complete loss of control of my eating habits and not binge. I had two completely free days, Thanksgiving and the day after. On that Saturday, I went back into control. The good news is that I only gained one pound and that was only temporary. As of this morning, I am down to 160.8. Inching towards the 150's. I have lost more inches, even if my weight is staying close to what it was at the beginning of November. November 1st I was 163.5, today 160.8. Not a fast loss, but I'm OK with that. I have added back into my diet/WOE more fruit (grapefruit, oranges... from our trees), some low carb bread, some nuts (PB), cashews. I'm eating a little less meat and having a "muffin" at lunch that is made with pumpkin, flax, and protein powder. What I have found that I need to stay away from is Lindt chocolate. Not that it's bad for you, but I loose my self control with this and it does make me want to eat more (of everything, it seems). Guess I'll have to save it for TOM, only!! I'm really enjoying knowing that I can have things "in moderation" and feel like I can stick to this for the long haul. I don't have everything I've listed every day, but each item a few times a week. Tweeking this WOE is easy at this stage. I'm using Protein Power as a point of reference, so that helps, too.

Well, off the decorate the house and hang some lights, so I'll post again soon. I'm also going to make another batch of muffins, with a few modifications and I'll post that recipe in case anyone is interested in it. It's a great way to sneak in extra protein and fiber.

Have great Saturday everyone!
Old 12-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #700
Big Yapper!!!!

Okay, drumroll please.....I made it into the 150s this week I am down to 157!! It feels so good cuz Ive been losing and gaining the same two pounds all month long and FINALLY got a whoosh yesterday. I had to stop snacking so much throughout the day and eating late at night. I really think that made a difference. Thank you guys so much for the support here. LCF are truly the best
Old 12-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #701
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb! So glad to hear from you. You're doing great, right on my heels. Can't wait for you to join me in the 150's
Old 12-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #702
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well done Lisa!!!!

I am back from 2 wonderful weeks in Italy and I will be back to those shakes tomorrow!

I ate pretty much on maintainance throughout, though I allowed myself my planned pizza. The wine is another story. I walked and walked and climbed every tower I could find.

Tomorrow morning I face the scales.

Welcome to the new faces, it is lovely here!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 AM   #703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour Puss
Stats: 247/168/148 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/15/2005
Ladies, I'm outta control!

I did excellent over Thanksgiving and then over the last week or so I've been snacking uncontrollably on nuts and LC chocolates and then over the weekend I had enchiladas, popcorn, sh*tloads more nuts and lots and lots of LC chocolate!!! I haven't been that bad in I can't remember when. The good news is the chocolate, the macadamia nuts and enchiladas are gone. Only one bag of popcorn remaining too. I've also noticed that I've been doing more and more "sampling" of my kids' crunchy oat cereal and bits of bread here and there. Talk about carb creep!

The other major thing is that I can't seem to get my minimum of 2.5 liters of water anymore. I got on the scale this morning and after a new low last week of 148 lbs (OK - not a "true" new low because I got there by being ill) I am up to 155 lbs! I am screaming on the inside! I've got to get it under control or the holidays are going to be a disaster. I know a lot of this is just horribly bad PMS, but I've got to get a grip.

So, today I'm going to start the 2 shakes a day routine for breakfast and lunch, then a nice LC dinner and only my trusty sunflower seeds in the shell for a snack and see how it goes and get a minimum of 2 liters of water down me one way or the other! I'm going to try this til TOM starts and then I'll have to eat real food for at least two meals because I get lightheaded if I don't during TOM.

Hope you're all doing better than I've been lately!
Glamour Puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:09 AM   #704
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Well done Lisa!!!!

I am back from 2 wonderful weeks in Italy and I will be back to those shakes tomorrow!

I ate pretty much on maintainance throughout, though I allowed myself my planned pizza. The wine is another story. I walked and walked and climbed every tower I could find.

Tomorrow morning I face the scales.

Welcome to the new faces, it is lovely here!
Thanks for the congrats, Cindy. Im happy you enjoyed your trip and were able to pretty much stick to plan. Hope the scale is kind to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour Puss View Post
Ladies, I'm outta control!

I did excellent over Thanksgiving and then over the last week or so I've been snacking uncontrollably on nuts and LC chocolates and then over the weekend I had enchiladas, popcorn, sh*tloads more nuts and lots and lots of LC chocolate!!! I haven't been that bad in I can't remember when. The good news is the chocolate, the macadamia nuts and enchiladas are gone. Only one bag of popcorn remaining too. I've also noticed that I've been doing more and more "sampling" of my kids' crunchy oat cereal and bits of bread here and there. Talk about carb creep!

The other major thing is that I can't seem to get my minimum of 2.5 liters of water anymore. I got on the scale this morning and after a new low last week of 148 lbs (OK - not a "true" new low because I got there by being ill) I am up to 155 lbs! I am screaming on the inside! I've got to get it under control or the holidays are going to be a disaster. I know a lot of this is just horribly bad PMS, but I've got to get a grip.

So, today I'm going to start the 2 shakes a day routine for breakfast and lunch, then a nice LC dinner and only my trusty sunflower seeds in the shell for a snack and see how it goes and get a minimum of 2 liters of water down me one way or the other! I'm going to try this til TOM starts and then I'll have to eat real food for at least two meals because I get lightheaded if I don't during TOM.

Hope you're all doing better than I've been lately!
So sorry youve hit a rough patch. The gain is mostly water Im sure, so just get right back to plan and youll be fine. Darn TOM - always does a number on me too
Old 12-03-2007, 07:32 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - back . . .YOU CAN DO IT!!! Way to go, Lisa!! Kissa, glad you've had a wonderful vacation! Tina, YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!

Reading these posts always remind me of the struggles of the "Holiday Eating Challenges" that we all face . . . ironically (and psychologically) I always re-vamp my WOE starting November 1st - that way, I feel and am weeks ahead of the game, and less likely to eat the things I am not supposed to.

Yes, the "Holiday Eating Challenges" face us all and we have to carefully plan what we are (and are not) going to digest during this time. Cindy a/k/a Kissa has a great siggy:

[COLOR="Red"]It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that counts, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas![/COLOR]

I LOVE IT!!! So, let's buckle up and join forces together to fight and win the battle!! WE ALL CAN DO IT!! There's a fantastic support system here and I really appreciate the great posts coming in. Remember - there's always the Shakes Routine to get you back on track!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 12-03-2007 at 07:34 AM..
Old 12-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #706

The good news is that I only gained 1.5 lbs and they are gone already.

Yesterday I enjoyed my first shake in 2 weeks, I love them.

Tina, great to see you here. I am sure the shakes will get you back on track. That carb creep is a killer. I agree with Lisa, it is mostly water for sure. Do you use the Tesco shakes? I love the chocolate one.

Del, glad you like my siggy. I heard it from a nutritionist!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:53 AM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour Puss
Stats: 247/168/148 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/15/2005
Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

Welcome back, Cindy and well done on only gaining 1.5 lbs and losing it already! That's fab! Yes, I do use the Tesco's chocolate shakes. Always buy every last one off the shelf when I'm there! Right now I've got a massive stock pile of them in my cupboard.

I was down from 155 lbs yesterday morning to 152.2 lbs this morning so I must have really had a lot of water weight like you were all saying. I'm so proud of myself for how I did yesterday....

B - shake
L - shake
S - 2 thin shavings of Mexican cheese
D - pork and a massive romaine salad w/vinegar and oil
S - sunflower seeds

My only problem was by 3:00 I was starving so I had a little cheese for a snack. Today I'm going to hard boil some eggs and have those ready for quick snacks. I also drank 3 liters of water throughout the day. So, hopefully today will go as well and I can at least crack back into the 140s before the end of the week!

Hope you all have a great day!
Glamour Puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #708

I had to laugh Tina, I do exactly the same thing, buy every one I see. I even phoned to see if they planned to continue with them and they say yes. Some stores carry the strawberry ones but I am less keen on those.

Well done on the menu, sounds like a really good day.

I ate some Greek yoghurt and flax seeds for brunch, 2 G crispbreads and Primula spread (very like Cheezewhizz) at 4pm, then an antipasto and a steak with broccolli and carrots at our local Italian. Missing Italy already. Did I mentions the sherry first, the red wine with and the Averna afterwards?

Gym and shakes tomorrow!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 AM   #709
Major LCF Poster!

WOOOHOOOO~~~ I am loving what I'm reading!!! Congrats, Kissa and Glamour!! I guess in this case - we've got the "shakes" and are lovin' it . . . good job!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Busy time here.... but hanging in and on!

Too many cravings, been binging a little (is that an oxymoron, of what?!)

Anyway, back to 2 shakes a day and a low carb dinner. Restarted today. Been up and down the last week and the new foods have sent me over the edge. Why is it that adding things makes me..
Hungry,hungry,hungry! all the time.

Back to 160.8, really need to get into the 150's to keep my sanity!

I need a hug and a boot in the butt!

Last edited by Deb79fl; 12-06-2007 at 11:41 AM..
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #711
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
Busy time here.... but hanging in and on!

Too many cravings, been binging a little (is that an oxymoron, of what?!)

Anyway, back to 2 shakes a day and a low carb dinner. Restarted today. Been up and down the last week and the new foods have sent me over the edge. Why is it that adding things makes me..
Hungry,hungry,hungry! all the time.

Back to 160.8, really need to get into the 150's to keep my sanity!

I need a hug and a boot in the butt!
and I know what you mean about adding foods. I made some of Linda Sues Almond Cookies for the first time and they were sooo sweet and sooo good it made me crave. I have to be really careful when substituting for my old favorites. KUTGW Deb!

I hit a milestone today. Scale reads 164.5!! That means 25 pounds are gone FOREVER
Old 12-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Lisa!

BTW... you mean 154.5 right?! Don't "up" your weight just to make me feel better!

Congrats!! I can hardly wait to say the same thing!
Old 12-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #713
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG yes-154.5
Old 12-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #714

Lol!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Things have been so busy I have not had much time to post but I wanted to drop by and say hi. I am so happy that everyone is still here working hard. I am learning that maintaining is a challenge in itself but I am hanging in there and keeping the weight off. Ever since Thanksgiving I want to eat junk.....ugggggh!
Old 12-08-2007, 07:09 AM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Good morning All!

Another busy weekend ahead, just wanted to drop in a say Hi and let you know I had a mini goal... Hit 159 this a.m.! This makes my loss 43 pounds! I SO needed to see this goal! Even though I had continued to lose inches while my weight stayed mostly the same, I needed to get outta the 60's. I am amazed that even though I still am not exercising that pounds and inches are coming off.

Between starting the new job (and the stress that brings), trying to get off some presciption sleeping pills (after many years of usage due to a car accident) and the loss of a family member from cancer the week before Thanksgiving (which happened to be my uncle /Dad's brother, who also died of cancer the same week, but 13 years ago)..... I'm surprised I stayed on track at all!! I usually would be binging (majorly) and stress eating myself up 10 pounds! I ate mostly healthy foods during this time (except the Lindt chocolate... way too much!) so I can't kick myself too hard. That's what life does, is throw challenges at you and you have to deal with them!

Well, off to have my shake and get some things done around the house. Hope everyone has a good weekend and keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the support and feedback! It's so important to have "friends" (even if they are all across the world) to be able to reach out to! BTW, did anyone see Oprah's show last week where she had people that lost incredible amounts of weight? One woman lost over (I believe) 500 lbs.!! No surgery, just on her own. She said that once she starting blogging on line and found some internet friends that didn't know what she looked like, she found acceptance and support and starting her weight loss efforts. She would not be considered to be "skinny", but she's beautiful inside and out and you could see during the interview how much pain she went through, since people only saw her weight and not "her". How many people must feel the same way?! Makes you think about feeling invisible, doesn't it?

Well, gotta go! Have a great day!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:33 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Deb CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you, I know how long you have been working to get out of the 160's. To do it at such a stressful time is awesome! I too love that Lindt chocolate and unsually have a square daily. Keep up the great work!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #718
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Homestretch!

I made some chili w/o beans from a recipe I found in my Protein Power book. I was really good and hubby was thrilled, as he likes more meat, no beans! I did miss the bread/crackers that usually accompany this meal, but was full and satisfied without.

I'm thinking of changing my short term goal. I am looking at losing about 10 more pounds then transistioning to maintenance for a month or two before getting off the last twenty pounds. I feel good, but have noticed some unfortunate side effects of this plan, mainly hair loss. I know that happens with some people, but I have never had it (even when I lost 80 pounds back in my twenties) and it's making me very unhappy. I am finding that after I wash my hair and comb through it, I am pulling out a large amount. Seems to be coming from the front /temple area (which has always been a thinner area for me anyway) I know it usually is temporary, but that doesn't make it any easier. I have been taking Biotin and am now taking twice a day. Anyone know of other things that might help stop this?

I'm 46, so I know that hormones, etc. can also affect this, but I would be devastated if it continues.

So, what's the general concensus? Do you think if I went onto maintenance for a month or two and then restarted at more of a controlled level it might be easier to get rid of the last 20?

Thanks for you help and input everyone!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #719

Hi Debs, congrats on the 150s!

After reading your last posts it strikes me that your hair loss could be partly due to stress.

I have read that coconut oil is good for hairloss. It isn't a problem I have had so I can't really advise you.

It would do no harm to switch to maintainance for a while, but you may be surprised how hard it can be!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #720
Big Yapper!!!!

Deb~ to the 150's!!!!!!! It feels so good to make it to the next decade doesn't it? I am down another pound today to 153.5. 149, here I come