Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting much. Been a little crazy this past week with work, etc.

Got an early TOM, funny thing was I didn't gain the week before (as normal), but gained 1 1/2 the day I started. Annoying! But, as of today, back down to 163. I SO hate going through this every month (even though I expect it!).

I'm finishing up my second week of re-induction. Not too bad, but even though I'm not eating a lot, I have been craving. Probably stress related. It shall pass.

Hi Lisa! Looks like you're doing really well! I know that you mean about the folks on the other threads... it's so depressing because you see that they keep posting major pounds lost, etc. by what you don't see is that they are intermittent fasting, etc., makes you feel like you're not competing or doing good enough on this WOE. What I keep noticing is how many people post how long they have been "attempting" to get back on plan, stay on plan, restart induction for the 100th time and are still obese. I know we all struggle, but I think the thing that is so easy to forget is that it takes a long time to gain a significant amount of weight and it does not go away quickly. Maybe a few pounds of water weight, but, otherwise it is a long term goal to regain your health and weight. I'm ranting....sorry!

Hope you will check in with the doctor and rule out any problems. It''s important to find a balance with your WOE to keep yourself healthy! I do have the same problem as Homestretch in regards to ketosis, I don't sleep well during induction, I get really high strung and wake up often and early. Probably why I'm a bit moody myself these days!

Well, I need to go make myself something to eat, so I'll close for now.

Hello and hugs to everyone and have a great day!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Hold on in there . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegrl View Post
Thanks for the help, Homestretch. I am going to make an appointment with the DR. to see if there is something else going on. I am really tired and it could be so many things. I have a history of depression and also was anemic when my last DD was born. I havent had bloodwork done in a while so I figure it's time. I am losing about a pound per week so I must be doing something right. This last week I actually gained a couple pounds and it freaked me out a bit. I keep telling myself its water and due to hormones(mid-cycle) so Ill press on.
Lisa,

Did not want to say "Hang in there . . ." because sometimes when we hang on to something, we tend to slip a little . . . so with more positivity - I say "Hold" because you can get a tighter grip!! Big to you and I agree - go to the doctor. Congrats on the pound per week loss!! I am perimenopausal and my doctor told me that the body does go through hormonal changes (which can give an false sense of actual weight gain) but not to worry too much about it. He told me to keep on eating sensibly and within a few days . . . the weight should go back to normal.

We are backing you up 100% - keep up the good work!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #633
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lisa who clipped that cat? My daughter's kitties get clipped in the Australian summer, sooooo embarrassing for them! LOL
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #634
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Del~ Thanks much for the hugs and encouragement! The support I have already gotten here means the world to me. Thanks to everyone here for making me feel part of the group-you guys are the best

Deb~ Glad you are still at it. You are right. I need to keep in mind that this isnt just about losing the weight; its finding a WOE that I can live with long term. It frustrates me to see so many resorting to extreme measures to lose and although I envy the big losses, I dont know how they will ever maintain. I will be happy with my 1 pound a week and just keep going.

Cindy~ That is "Butterscotch". I have 5 cats and a dog- ALL rescues(a hazard working at an animal shelter) Hes a Persian that we found curled up against the back of the house on Memorial Day. I dont have the time or patience to brush him everyday as needed so the "lion" cut seemed practical. He goes to the BowWowMeow salon to be groomed. I cant help but giggle everytime I see him My teenage kids were against it -said the other cats would pick on him, but none were willing to deal with the high maintenance sooo ...
Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #635

Sweet Butterscotch! I have 2 great cats, neither of them is this dear little kitten on the keyboard however....
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

I AM THE ULTIMATE CAT LOVER (although I love doggies too)!!! I can't have a cat though because DH has allergies to them . . . I ADORE THESE PICS OF THE KITTIES!! Makes me want to HUG and SQUEEZE them up!!!

This brightens up the board!!

Anyway, yesterday at work there were chocolate almond bricks in the kitchen (two to be exact) which were completely eaten up by the end of the day - a sure sign of the holiday eating (pigging out) season!!!

None for me - I worked tooooooo hard to get it off and will continue this WOE to keep it off. As I am posting, I had a Cafe Mocha Shake with decaf coffee for breakfast . . .

Like Kissa says: It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that counts, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas!

Will check in later to see how everyone's coming along!! LCF's UNITE!!!!

Last edited by delynmonet; 11-09-2007 at 09:14 AM..
Old 11-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #637

I love doggies too but can't have them cos I am too lazy to walk them!!!!!lol

Well done on resisting those bricks Del. I wasn't pleased with my weekly weigh in today, though not surprised to be up at 130.

I will get back down to within my 'range' this week though, as DH and I are going to Florence and Sienna for 11 days on the 19th.

DID buy 2 pairs of size 2 jeans today...
Old 11-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

40 Pounds!

Hi All!

Slowly, but surely.... finally hit the 40 lb mark today! Not yet out of the 160's, as I'm at 162, but I did realize that I hit a milestone weight for me. Can not remember the last time I was in this range.

I still have those days when I want to eat everything in sight, but since my progress is noticeable (as is my waistline), I manage to resist and try something else to get past the craving.

We had a little bit of a cold snap this week, so I put on an outfit (stretchy pants/leggings style and fleece top) that I hadn't tried to wear since last winter. Last year, I didn't fit into either.. looked like a sausage, couldn't breathe - even with the elastic band in the pants and the top was tight all over. So, I put it on and said to myself, oh good, it fits. No big deal, as I expected it would. Well, my husband saw me a few minutes later and shook his head and smiled. He said he could really tell how much I'd lost as he was used to seeing me "really fill out that outfit". It was a compliment, even if it came out wrong! What do I expect, he is a man, you know I noticed that men are paying more attention to me these days, too. Had a few flirting with me at the store yesterday, so that is always a nice little bonus.

Well, hope everyone is going fine on this Saturday a.m. I am enjoying my first weekend off in about six months, so I'm off to have my coffee and my shake.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

WOOOHOOOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
Hi All!

Slowly, but surely.... finally hit the 40 lb mark today! Not yet out of the 160's, as I'm at 162, but I did realize that I hit a milestone weight for me. Can not remember the last time I was in this range.
You, go . . . girl!!! 40 pounds!!! And fitting into those leggings!! That's wonderful! Keep up the good work and keep Hubby's head spinning!!! We're soooo proud of you!!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #640

Debs 40 lbs is a real milestone, well done, we are so happy for you. So glad you are enjoying all the benefits of being smaller!!!!!

I have had 2 shakes today so far and will be going to a friends tonight for a meal. They are usually very thoughtful and ensure that there is plenty of good LC food for me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everybody.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa,

So glad to hear that you bought size 2 jeans - that's an accomplishment within itself. I am size 8 (could be heading towards 7) and I am jumping for joy - that's a long way from the size 14/16 that I used to wear. Enjoy your evening out. And, keep on your WOE . . . you'll be out of the 130's and reaching your goal in no time!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #642

I have to say that these size 2s seem very stretchy and don;t seem to be very different from the UK size 10s that I usually wear! Sure sounds better though....

I am thinking about moving my goal up to the 124 mark. I think you know that I made it to 122 briefly, for my 60th birthday in June BUT I did with 2 weed of K****** Bootcamp!

Since then I have hovered at 124?127 most of the time. My guess is that this is a good place for my body to be.

Any thought anyone? I am 5' 4" if I stand really tall, first thing in the morning. LOL

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 11-10-2007 at 10:32 AM..
Old 11-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #643

Gallery: SuzeZee
Stats: Age:70 5'2"
WOE: General LC
I've been following your posts eating this way and to me it makes sense. It's easy and hopefully will work for me. At 68 and 5'2" I really have to watch my calorie intake as well as carbs. Years ago I lost 35 lbs eating pretty much one meal a day and maybe a mid-day snack. Of course I was younger and burned it off pretty fast, three months did it. Now it is truly the pits to get a pound off and since I'm now retired my activity level is not as high. I will begin Monday and will post progress. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I should no doubt be posting this in the other area where peeps are still trying to lose. And/or my bad!

Suze
165/165/135
General low carb woe.

Last edited by SuzeZee; 11-10-2007 at 01:00 PM..
SuzeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

You're OK right here! I joined this thread because it seemed to be the only area that people weren't "slamming" the use of the shakes. I'm glad I came, saw, posted, and have a great group of people that support you, no matter what!

Besides, I'm going to be here for a long time and shrinking towards where everyone else is!

Wow! Kissa, size two jeans..... haven't seem those since before puberty! At my lowest adult weight of 118, I managed a 6 and was flabbergasted when I tried them on. Would love to see that size again!! I guess my Italian heritage will keep my hips the size they were meant to be, no matter what I want!

Kissa, loved the standing tall comment... at 5'2 I used to say that I was 5'4 with my hair done - that of course was in the 80's. Remember those do's? I also used to wear 3 or 4 inch heels and padded shirts/jackets... Those outfits were good for making your waist look slimmer though, weren't they?

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Deb79fl; 11-10-2007 at 01:50 PM..
Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #645

Suze.

This is one of the 'kindest' threads you will find. No one here is judgemental, we do what we do with or without the shakes as our lives and moods dictate. Delynmonet started a wonderful thread with her simple question.

Sometimes I go for days without a shake, I am on maintainance of course. Then, like today I have 2 because I don't like the look of the scale numbers or I am too rushed to prepare a 'good' meal.

Use the shakes to help you. When you feel 'in control' by all means eat that healthy salad with good carbs and protein. However, never forget the shake is there, your friend, if is does not stall you.

It never does anything but good for me and I like the taste of the ones I can buy in the UK.

Enjoy the journey. The end of the rainbow is a happy place.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #646

Gallery: SuzeZee
Stats: Age:70 5'2"
WOE: General LC
I did some research about Medifast, which you may already know relies on shakes during the day and one meat and greens dinner. I emailed them about carbs and calories and was told that carbs vary from 60-100, and calories run 800-1000 day. It seems to me that this is what we are doing with the Atkins shakes pretty much. For some of us the carbs may be lower but if memory serves I think I remember that carbs in that range are acceptable if the calories are lower. Why spend the money on Medifast when it may be possible to achieve the same results this way. Feedback anyone???

Suze
165/165/135
SuzeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 AM   #647

I never count calories Suze.

I do know that these shakes work for the ladies on this board along with a good mix of fat, protein and vegetables...even some fruit and dairy for many of us.

I think you will find it works for you too, and yes, much cheaper than something like Medifast.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #648
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone! Sounds as though you are doing well. I finally had movement on the scale today - 160!! I am really happy cuz I havent been this low in a VERY long time!! I just figured out that I am actually down a total of 64 pounds from my highest weight of 224 when I delivered my DD a few years ago. I am a shortie, also 5'4 on a good day so I still have a ways to go but darn it I feel sooo much better. I have also been posting on a thread in the exercise room for "lazy girls" but since I have been exercising everyday since mid october I think I have lost that title-Thankfully I felt better this week in general, but I still plan on going to check in with the Dr. to get peace of mind. Sorry for tooting my own horn :blush: but I was just thrilled and wanted to share with my friends
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeZee View Post
I've been following your posts eating this way and to me it makes sense. It's easy and hopefully will work for me. At 68 and 5'2" I really have to watch my calorie intake as well as carbs. Years ago I lost 35 lbs eating pretty much one meal a day and maybe a mid-day snack. Of course I was younger and burned it off pretty fast, three months did it. Now it is truly the pits to get a pound off and since I'm now retired my activity level is not as high. I will begin Monday and will post progress. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I should no doubt be posting this in the other area where peeps are still trying to lose. And/or my bad!

Suze
165/165/135
General low carb woe.
Suze!!! Thanks for joining our thread and we l@@k forward to your posts. It's a very friendly board since there is no "shake thrashing" here as we compliment others with their low carb/calorie lifestyle - inclusive of the shakes in their meal plan. We're so glad to have you on the team.

As you have noticed, many successes are being achieved because of the low carb/low calorie journey that we are taking. I love the shakes because it really helps me keep my weight down and off - it's a twofold process. And, the convenience is perfect.

If I feel that I went a little over my carb intake - for example, maybe I had low carb bread (french toast/sandwich) during the day - I will simply keep that in mind and the next day, I'll make sure I have two shakes and no low carb bread for several days as an adjustment . . . just in case there is a chance that weight might show up. All I know is that -- it's working.

Again, aboard . . .
Old 11-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #650

Lisa, many congrats on reaching 160, you have lost a load of weight!

Exercising every day too, wow, I try to do 4 or 5 times a week but seldom manage it!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #651
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeZee View Post

Suze
165/165/135
General low carb woe.
So Suze, How is your first day going? I have been drinking 2 shakes a day and a LC dinner with several healthy snacks in between. Unlike Kissa, I have had to lower my cals a bit(nothing drastic) to lose. I plug my food into ****** to help me stay on track. Glad to have you with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Lisa, many congrats on reaching 160, you have lost a load of weight!

Exercising every day too, wow, I try to do 4 or 5 times a week but seldom manage it!

Thanks, Cindy! Size 2 pants? That's awesome! I would love to get back there someday. Im still trying to squeeze into 8's I have to walk on my treadmill everyday cuz I tried the whole 3 x per week but I found myself making excuses and always putting it off till the next day or the next and I would fall off so to speak. Also, you are sooo lucky to live in London-that is so If I am ever able to travel that's the first place Im going. The history there always fascinated me and my maiden name is Bromley - if Im not mistaken that is English. Enjoy your travels to Florence and Siena
Old 11-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #652
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
I AM THE ULTIMATE CAT LOVER (although I love doggies too)!!! I can't have a cat though because DH has allergies to them . . . I ADORE THESE PICS OF THE KITTIES!! Makes me want to HUG and SQUEEZE them up!!!

This brightens up the board!!

Anyway, yesterday at work there were chocolate almond bricks in the kitchen (two to be exact) which were completely eaten up by the end of the day - a sure sign of the holiday eating (pigging out) season!!!

None for me - I worked tooooooo hard to get it off and will continue this WOE to keep it off. As I am posting, I had a Cafe Mocha Shake with decaf coffee for breakfast . . .

Like Kissa says: It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that counts, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas!

Will check in later to see how everyone's coming along!! LCF's UNITE!!!!
I am definitely more a cat person even though I adore doggies too!
Glad you were able to resist the bars Chocolate is one thing I still have trouble saying no to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
Hi All!

I still have those days when I want to eat everything in sight, but since my progress is noticeable (as is my waistline), I manage to resist and try something else to get past the craving.

We had a little bit of a cold snap this week, so I put on an outfit (stretchy pants/leggings style and fleece top) that I hadn't tried to wear since last winter. Last year, I didn't fit into either.. looked like a sausage, couldn't breathe - even with the elastic band in the pants and the top was tight all over. So, I put it on and said to myself, oh good, it fits. No big deal, as I expected it would. Well, my husband saw me a few minutes later and shook his head and smiled. He said he could really tell how much I'd lost as he was used to seeing me "really fill out that outfit". It was a compliment, even if it came out wrong! What do I expect, he is a man, you know I noticed that men are paying more attention to me these days, too. Had a few flirting with me at the store yesterday, so that is always a nice little bonus.

Well, hope everyone is going fine on this Saturday a.m. I am enjoying my first weekend off in about six months, so I'm off to have my coffee and my shake.
Wow, you are right on my heels Deb! Congrats on losing 40 pounds -that is quite an accomplishment! The 150's are soooo close. We can do it
Old 11-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa,

Major dancing is going on here - 160 is on it's way down now . . . Congrats and we can't wait to hear about the 150's for ya!!! Let's dance . . .

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #654

We are so proud of you 'new' girls, aren't we Del.

I hope you know how inspiring it is for those of us who have been 'at goal' or thereabouts for a while to read how wonderfully well you are doing getting there ladies.

When I say I never count calories, it doesn't mean I eat for England! It is simply that I know that is my carbs are low I don't crave and overeat. I feel in control and comfortable with my WOE.

One of the greatest gifts Atkins has given me is that, during maintainance, I can eat out at restaurants and indulge in wonderful food. It is so simple to say 'No potatoes for me thank you'. Or 'I would prefer green vegetables to the pasta please'.

Now wine....well that is another story!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #655
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
We are so proud of you 'new' girls, aren't we Del.

. . . Now wine....well that is another story!
Kissa,

You're a girl after my own heart . . . When it comes to the wine, now that's what I am talking about!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #656
Big Yapper!!!!

You ladies are the best! Thanks for helping me celebrate. Im holding steady today and that's a good sign as I usually gain a little after an initial loss. The 150's have eluded me for too long-I cant wait to break through! Did either of you notice that once you got past a "set" point you lost better? Or did you have a pattern that was pretty consistent all along? Just curious
Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Congratulations Lisa! You will hit the 150's before you know it!

I am back from my vacation to Seattle. I went with my sisters, my daughters, and my twin nieces. We had a really good time. Seattle is a very fit city. We did a lot of walking and it appears most people do. It was rare to see anyone as pudgy as we grow them here in the midwest! It was so hard to stay on plan. It seemed like all the cafe's served soup in a bread bowl or sandwiches. I found a little shop that sold hard boiled eggs so I had them for breakfast and then did as good as possible the rest of the day. I am so glad to be back on my shakes! I am going to have two a day for a while to lose anything I may have gained on vacation. Glad to see that everyone continues to stay true to plan!

Have a wonderful on plan day!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Congratulations Lisa! You will hit the 150's before you know it!

I am back from my vacation to Seattle. I went with my sisters, my daughters, and my twin nieces. We had a really good time. Seattle is a very fit city. We did a lot of walking and it appears most people do. It was rare to see anyone as pudgy as we grow them here in the midwest! It was so hard to stay on plan. It seemed like all the cafe's served soup in a bread bowl or sandwiches. I found a little shop that sold hard boiled eggs so I had them for breakfast and then did as good as possible the rest of the day. I am so glad to be back on my shakes! I am going to have two a day for a while to lose anything I may have gained on vacation. Glad to see that everyone continues to stay true to plan!

Have a wonderful on plan day!

Homestretch,

Glad to have you back . . . We missed your encouraging posts!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegrl View Post
You ladies are the best! Thanks for helping me celebrate. Im holding steady today and that's a good sign as I usually gain a little after an initial loss. The 150's have eluded me for too long-I cant wait to break through! Did either of you notice that once you got past a "set" point you lost better? Or did you have a pattern that was pretty consistent all along? Just curious
Lisa,

You may have an idea there . . . I have to look back at my journal - which I don't have with me right now - but when I check it out, I'll let you know. One thing for sure - I felt like I was forever stuck in 160/161 mode until the shakes helped me.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Lisa,

You may have an idea there . . . I have to look back at my journal - which I don't have with me right now - but when I check it out, I'll let you know. One thing for sure - I felt like I was forever stuck in 160/161 mode until the shakes helped me.
I can tell you that once I got past the 170'ish range things moved fairly smooth. I gained and lost from 169-173 more times than I can count before things moved again with the help of the shakes.
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote