Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 08:42 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
155.5 Almost there!

First, congrats DEB!!!!

I am now just a half pound away from my goal! YIPPPEEE! Things have been crazy busy so I don't get to post as much as I used to but I am still using the shakes 1-2 times a day and the weight continues to gradually come off. I cannot wait until I get to come here and say I reached my goal. Hopefully any day now (if I can make it through Halloween without robbing the kids candy!).

Have a happy Halloween!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #602
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great work Lisa, Deb and Homestretch.

I am out of Shakes at present and have to go quite a way to get them, so I have been enjoying the occasional Fawn shake which is so healthy though high on carbs.

No bad effects though!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #603
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
First, congrats DEB!!!!

I am now just a half pound away from my goal! YIPPPEEE! Things have been crazy busy so I don't get to post as much as I used to but I am still using the shakes 1-2 times a day and the weight continues to gradually come off. I cannot wait until I get to come here and say I reached my goal. Hopefully any day now (if I can make it through Halloween without robbing the kids candy!).

Have a happy Halloween!
Homestretch,

Glad to see your post - congrats again to you - you are there - just 1/2 pound away!! I am dancing for you!

Hectic is the norm these days . . . I'd missed your original post about 50 pounds down . . . because I was busy runnning and did not get a chance to look at the board for quite a number of days - but I finally saw it and responded with congrats!!! You are doing your thing and keep the fantastic work!!
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #604
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Homestretch~ Congratulations! You have worked hard and its paid off. You must feel so great. I bet we hear from you before end of week that you've made goal. Thanks for the inspiration, girl! KUTGW
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:49 PM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day

WTG Homestretch!! You've been kickin' butt! We're all so proud of you
Busy at work right now, gotta go!!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:20 PM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks to all of you! You guys are so awesome and sweet! Lisa make sure to stick around because you could not ask for a better group of people to support you! Deb, you and I seem to keep pace with each other don't we? I see that 164 and think that I have to get to 154 and keep up with you! Cindy, you have to get out and get those shakes! Sounds like you are doing well with the fawn shakes though...congrats. Del, as always thanks so much!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour Puss
Stats: 247/168/148 5'6"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/15/2005
I've been lurking a bit on this thread because I've been using the shakes since April. I only replace one meal a day and it's not every day, maybe 5 days a week, but I've had pretty good results.

Cindy, just wanted to let you know that I buy my shakes at Tesco's. The Tesco's near me is huge but I've found them right by the Slimfast shakes. Tesco's has their own brand of LC products "Carb Control" and chocolate flavor is the only one I've ever seen. They're only £1.29 per shake and I usually buy the whole lot on the shelf! Boots had a strawberry shake that was lovely too but they have apparently discontinued the LC shakes.
Glamour Puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

I MADE IT!

I am jumping up and down and typing! This morning I weigh.....drumroll please....154.5! I cannot believe it! I never knew if I could really lose this weight but I really did it! Can you tell that I am in a daze? Now I am on to working at having a buffer zone so I would like to get down a bit more! Once I found this board it gave me renewed hope and you guys helped me get through the homestretch.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Let me be the first to say:
HURRAH!! THREE CHEERS!

We knew you'd do it! You had all the drive and enthusiasm to get there.

You're probably gonna burn off at least another pound today with your excitement and rush of adrenaline, too!!

So, are you going to set another goal or give yourself a few pounds of wiggle room?

I do have to tell you, that you were so close to my starting stats, that watching your progress was what made me continue to follow the board. I knew that since you were still working to lose weight, it would be great incentive to follow you. I'm still chasing that first level, but I'm gonna catch up with you!!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #610
Senior LCF Member

How is everyone else today?

It's Thursday and another day closer to the weekend! I'm finishing my last few days at this job and my last Saturday, too. It'll be so nice to have a full weekend off again, especially with the holidays just around the corner. It's been hard to schedule visits with anyone since I started working here. We also have a lot of concerts and events at one of the local theme parks (Silver Springs, one of the oldest in the state) and I haven't been able to attend any of them since they always hold them on Saturdays. That might have been a blessing the last few months since they also have had Octoberfest, Italian heritage day, Caribbean day, and a few more major food fests (and feasts) since August.I probably would have been up 20 lbs... I have no control when confronted with the smells of Italian food cooking... onions, peppers, garlic, OMG, where are the meatballs and spaghetti?? Alright, I'm OK... just had an out of body experience, but I'm better now.

Welcome GlamourPuss! Nice to have another new voice on the thread, we're always open to new voices, experiences, and insights. Wow! You've come a long way! Congrats!!

Lisa, How are you doing today? Survive the Halloween candy fest? I had my hubby buy it and hide it until the little ones showed up at the door. We had left overs and he planned on throwing it away, said it was too sweet! I guess my dieting has chnaged his tastes, too!

Well, have to go for now and will try to post more later today. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Deb79fl; 11-01-2007 at 06:49 AM..
Old 11-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
SHALL WE DANCE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
I am jumping up and down and typing! This morning I weigh.....drumroll please....154.5! I cannot believe it! I never knew if I could really lose this weight but I really did it! Can you tell that I am in a daze? Now I am on to working at having a buffer zone so I would like to get down a bit more! Once I found this board it gave me renewed hope and you guys helped me get through the homestretch.

YESSSSSS!!!! Congratulations go out to you - YOU GO GIRL!! WOOOHOOOO!!! YOU DID IT!!!

Homestretch, needless to say, we all are soooo very proud of you! Having followed your accomplishments has given more positive strength to others who are battling those dreaded unwanted pounds and stalls!!! Keep up the fantastic work and keep posting your progress.

I, too, set a margin for my weight - 140 to 145 - not one ounce over. We will succeed as long as we keep focus! Again, Congrats!
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy~ Thanks for the atta girl Out of shakes? Glad the Fawn shakes are working as a sub for now.

Deb~ I am doing well. No tricks or treats for me. Had 2 shakes instead of one the last couple days cuz its been hectic and I need to shop. They really saved me. Glad to see you are still losing

Homestretch~ What did I tell you-CONGRATULATIONS!! Im doin the happy dance for ya . Please stick around and cheer us on, friend

Tina~ Glad to meet you

Del!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Lisa,

Glad you're still on plan! I have to go to the store and get some shakes tonight. I just ran out, like you, I had 2 shakes today, both Mocha and a small coffee (Starbucks beans @ home) w/ Sugar free syrup in it. Also had some coconut oil/bark... OMG, I'm too 'juiced up" from the caffeine today, I'm talking a mile a minute here at the office, wish my typing was that fast! I didn't remember to pack any food for work and did not have time at lunch to make something from scratch. I'll eat healthier the rest of today and tomorrow will have leftovers @ lunch. Good thing we like the shakes, they keep us on track in these emergency situations!

So sorry, I keep forgetting that you wanted the coconut bark recipe. There are some that are really good, but this one I think is OK for all phases of Atkins. Once you add nuts or PB, it really climbs up the carb ladder.

1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
2 pkts Splenda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Approximately 2 level tablespoons of Coco Powder (more or less to taste)

Melt the oil in the microwave, about 20 seconds, stir in coco powder, mix, add Splenda and vanilla. Put in plate or plastic ware or if you have silicone candy molds, this works great. Place in fridge or freezer. Hardens quickly, but melts fast, so you must keep cold. Great thing is, if you make it and find it's not sweet enough, you can microwave again, melt it and add a little more sweetener.

I had better get back to work, have a great remainder of the day everyone!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Atkins Shakes on Sale

Atkins shakes are on sale at Publix, 2 for $10.00. I normally pay $6.99 there. Good buy if this is a convenient place for you to shop.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #615
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb~ Thanks for the recipe. Ill have to get some coconut oil and try it. I dont have publix here But I get my shakes at walmart for 5.88 each. Thats the cheapest around here.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #616
Senior LCF Member

That's a good every day price. I try to stay out of Walmart, blows my budget all to H***, if you know what I mean!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Homestretch Pics

Thanks for posting your pics on the main board! Now, anyone that hasn't checked out this thread can see the terrific progress you've made and you already know what great motivation this is for all of us!

My only concern is that my poor middle aged eyes couldn't focus well on those ittie bittie photos Just kidding, my friend! You look marvelous!

BTW... did you ever measure total inches lost?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #618

HOMESTRTECH!!!! You have done it, you star!

Maintainance is your punishment. Come visit us deeper on the maintainance thread. Do, however, drop a little to allow yourself a few lbs up and down, never beat yourself up over a couple of lbs, that way madness lies.

Glamour Puss! I miss you, did you make that house move? Come back to the UK threads, please!!!!

I use Tesco shakes, always, but they dont sell them at all their stores. I find them easily in London but when I am at my Devon house I have to go to Exmouth. Just a nuisance, like you I buy all of them when I am there!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys!
Cindy I think that I will lose down to 150 and have 155 be my highest weight I will go. I don't want to have to beat myself up but just want to stay in that range.

Deb I am sorry but I just kept getting an error message if I made the pics any bigger. Let me tell you it is hard enough to share those when they are small. I think full screen would have freaked me out too much! (lol) Way to go on the loss....you are on fire woman!

Del Thank you for being my inspiration. If I can do for one person what you did for me that would make my year!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #620

I think that is a great idea Homestretch, a 5 lbs margin is comfortable. I am over that at present but feel very relaxed about it and 'in control'.

So much is about your mind set.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I think that is a great idea Homestretch, a 5 lbs margin is comfortable. I am over that at present but feel very relaxed about it and 'in control'.

So much is about your mind set.
Wow I admire you because I know how hard it is to get to the point mentally when you are not freaking out about weight. Losing the weight is actually easier than dealing with all the mental stuff. I don't find myself nearly as upset about my ups and downs as I used to be. Probably because with this WOE the fluctuations are not like they were for me when I was eating lowfat/high carb. I used to be able to gain 8 pounds in two weeks and lose it in the next two. I just hated all the ups and downs. Thank goodness for low carb and some sanity!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 AM   #622
Blabbermouth!!!

OK I need some help guys. I calculated my BMR and for a 38yr old female 64 inches tall and 162 pounds it gave me a result in the 1400s. Then adding in my activity level it says I burn about 2500 cals per day That shocked me. I just startecdd using ****** a couple weeks ago and it says I have been consuming around 15-1700. Do you think I should be eating more? I just worry about not giving my body what it needs and I am fatigued ALOT even with clean eating and exercise everyday. What do you think?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #623

Sounds to me as if you may need more fat in your diet. I haven't looked at your ****** but fatigue is often about low calorie intake.

I never count calories, low carb works for me.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #624
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Kissa! My fat percentage is always 70-75% so I think thats good. I never counted cals either but once I looked at my food in ****** it scared me a little thinking Im eating too much. Im probably overthinking it and should just go back to eating when Im hungry and not worry. Another thing that threw me was I subsribe to a thread in Induction where many of the ladies are doing stillmans and M & E and are really restricting cals w/ no fat. Compared to their menus I look like Im absolutely pigging out I am going to do a few higher calorie days I think and see what happens?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #625

Wise choice! Enjoy all that lovely food.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbiegrl View Post
OK I need some help guys. I calculated my BMR and for a 38yr old female 64 inches tall and 162 pounds it gave me a result in the 1400s. Then adding in my activity level it says I burn about 2500 cals per day That shocked me. I just startecdd using ****** a couple weeks ago and it says I have been consuming around 15-1700. Do you think I should be eating more? I just worry about not giving my body what it needs and I am fatigued ALOT even with clean eating and exercise everyday. What do you think?
I am with Cindy on this. Eat more fat, it is a miracle food! I personally think your calories sound pretty good. You really cannot go by the calories in and calories out theory. For most people it simply does not work. Even when I was running 2-3 miles a day, I ate no more than 1400 calories because I could not lose on more. It really is a personal thing that you have to work out with your body. Fat does burn fat though!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:08 AM   #627
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the help, Homestretch. I am going to make an appointment with the DR. to see if there is something else going on. I am really tired and it could be so many things. I have a history of depression and also was anemic when my last DD was born. I havent had bloodwork done in a while so I figure it's time. I am losing about a pound per week so I must be doing something right. This last week I actually gained a couple pounds and it freaked me out a bit. I keep telling myself its water and due to hormones(mid-cycle) so Ill press on.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Lisa
If you are losing a pound a week then that is awesome! Sounds like it is time to get some bloodwork done and talk to the doc about the fatigue. Especially since Atkins sometimes gives me too much energy. Are you sleeping well? I know when I was in heavy ketosis I was not sleeping well at all. However, I could not even get tired during the day because I had so much energy. I hope you find that everything is ok---good luck!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #629

That sounds like a good idea Lisa, we certainly don't want you slipping into a depression.

Keep up the great work.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:45 AM   #630
Blabbermouth!!!

Homestretch & Kissa~ Thanks for the encouraging words, gals. I'll keep you posted.

Deb~ Hope you are doing well. Check in when you can

Last edited by scrappychik; 11-07-2007 at 09:49 AM..