Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Do you take 'lactase'? I think that's what it is called, my siser is lactose intolerant and she uses it.

There is a whole thread on breakfast suggestions, I think it's in with recipes. Course you could try the Fawn shake thing like me.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #542

It is a sticky in the recipe forum.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
**Kissa**I love your new picture! You are one foxy 60 year old! Please tell me that I did read that you are 60 right? Regardless it is beautiful!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #544

Yup, 60, though only 59 and 10/12s when that was taken...

Thank you so much for the compliment. I think Atkins has so much to do with it, along with regular exercise. One of the things he mentioned very early on in his books was the difference between dieters who cut out the fat and those on Atkins. He pointed out how those on Atkins faces don't 'fall in'.

I did have a face lift 5 years ago, just the bottom half, after I had lost 56 lbs, because I had the nastiest 'wattle' under my chin. I have never regretted it but I think my skin is looking better now that it did then. I am certain it is to do with the LC lifestyle.

Today I had a Shake before the gym, and I am about to make a tuna salad. I don't know what I will be eating tonight as I will be eating out. Again with Atkins, especially on maintainance, there is nothing to fear from a restaurant menu.

Have great day everyone.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy
Good for you having the face lift! You look fabulous. I really want to get a tummy tuck when I get to goal and my weight stabilizes. My son weighed in at 10 lbs at birth so my tummy looks like a saggy road map (lol) with a big c-section scar running through it!

Still having some stomach issues this morning but here is my plan for the day:
B: scrambled eggs
L: shake
S: shake
D: pork roast and veggies
Exercise: 2 mile walk

Have a good day!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #546
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Kissa - NO WAY!! 60 is beautiful especially on you . . . I want to look that young at that age . . . I am 51 1/2 years young. I do believe that our lc lifestyle has so much to do with the way we look. And good for you with the face lift - you deserve to have what you want in life.

Homestretch - I know what you mean about the tummy tuck - I need one and have thought about it so many times. Eventually, I know I will do it - I too have a c-section scar going vertical. Being I had triplets, they did not do a horizontal cut, as I suggested and wanted when I learned that I had to have a c-section. Oh, well. But the area has gone down quite a bit since I have been on Atkins! It doesn't "hang" as much. Thank goodness!

Today, is one shake for me, a salad for lunch and a low carb dinner consisting of fried whiting (in Atkins Bake Mix) with veggies and another helping of salad, since I have a long day ahead of me.

Will be checking in periodically to see what's going on. Hope that you all are having a wonderful day!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:10 AM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Hi Everyone!
Just checking in to say hello. Decided to try the lactaid before my shake this a.m., so far, so good! I'm also changing my heatburn medicine to see if that makes a difference. I forgot that when my acid reflux acts up, I have increasing issues with the sinus/cold type issues.
I wasn't ready to give up my shakes!! I was so depressed with just the thought of it and even my hubby was surprised. He asked me why, since they were obviously working for me.
My plan for the day:
BF:Shake/Mocha
Lunch: Flax muffin w/ pumpkin & cream cheese
snack: HB egg/maybe
dinner: chicken
green beans/ stewed tomatoes/sauteed garlic/olive oil/ oregano (family concoction, but love it!)Hope eveyone has a great day!
PS: Kissa, I agree with everyone... You look Marvelous! Am I right that we're all 40+ on this thread?
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #548
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
Hi Everyone!
Just checking in to say hello. Decided to try the lactaid before my shake this a.m., so far, so good! I'm also changing my heatburn medicine to see if that makes a difference. I forgot that when my acid reflux acts up, I have increasing issues with the sinus/cold type issues.
I wasn't ready to give up my shakes!! I was so depressed with just the thought of it and even my hubby was surprised. He asked me why, since they were obviously working for me.
My plan for the day:
BF:Shake/Mocha
Lunch: Flax muffin w/ pumpkin & cream cheese
snack: HB egg/maybe
dinner: chicken
green beans/ stewed tomatoes/sauteed garlic/olive oil/ oregano (family concoction, but love it!)Hope eveyone has a great day!
PS: Kissa, I agree with everyone... You look Marvelous! Am I right that we're all 40+ on this thread?

Hi, Deb . . . I meant to comment on the lactose intolerant situation when I read it yesterday. I am so sorry that you have that going on with you and I was not really aware of the effects that maybe the shake would have on anyone experiencing lactose intolerance. I am sooooo glad that you posted that info because there may be others who are in the same situation and may want to try the Shakes Routine with there plan. This is very informative.

I hope that the Lactaid will continue to work and that you can continue with the shakes but you have to be careful - in the meantime, please keep up posted. Big to you! Again, thanks for sharing the info!

Last edited by delynmonet; 10-17-2007 at 08:27 AM..
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 AM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Delynmonet! Appreciate the feedback and support!
I am determined to get under the 160 mark and hate the thought of giving up something that really seems to be helping me reach that goal.
I came across a list that I made up when I first started low carbing in July with my "anticipated" loss by the end of the year. Funny, I "planned" on losing 2 lbs a week and being 159 by the end of 2007. That is supposed to be based on most healthy weight loss plans. Never thought I'd see it, but according to the graph I set up, I'm actually under my goal for this time of the year, by 4 pounds! I found that funny since I've deviated from plan, gone off a few times and gained a few times. Had I stayed on track I probably would have already reached that goal! Just gave myself more incentive to get there!
Time to get out of the 160's!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:13 AM   #550

Great work Deb, it just goes to show how effective this WOE is. Under your estimated loss must give you such a boost. Look out world, here she comes...

So glad that you have decided to give the Lactaid a try, it will allow you to make an informed decision.

Thank you all for your kind words. Makes a girl feel good.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

10-18-07 and 157.5!

Hey Deb I am so glad that you found a way to keep the shakes in your plan! I do not know what I would do if I had to give them up.

The last two days I have been at 157.5 and I am tickled pink. It is a half pound loss but I will take it considering that I had a goofy weekend. I am hoping that I can see another loss in the next few days. The scale is bouncing between 157.5 and a bit lower and that usually means I will see another bit of me vanish! Hope everyone has a great day!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:03 AM   #552
Senior LCF Member

WTG Homestretch! Looking for "less" of you this week!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 AM   #553
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Hey Deb I am so glad that you found a way to keep the shakes in your plan! I do not know what I would do if I had to give them up.

The last two days I have been at 157.5 and I am tickled pink. It is a half pound loss but I will take it considering that I had a goofy weekend. I am hoping that I can see another loss in the next few days. The scale is bouncing between 157.5 and a bit lower and that usually means I will see another bit of me vanish! Hope everyone has a great day!

I JUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! I know that you had an interesting weekend but, remember, you are still on track with your weight loss plan!

Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #554

WTG Homestretch, you really are on the homestretch now!

Shake this morning, inside of a bacon cheeseburger for lunch, Vegetable soup and a ne minute muffin for dinner. Glass of white wine.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:14 AM   #555
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone for all the support! You guys are the greatest!!! I was at 157 this morning and I am making it official since the scale was wanting to go there yesterday. I don't know if I ever thought I would see that number. It almost brings tears to my eyes.....tears of joy and thank goodness I don't weigh 200 pounds tears!LOL

I am still battling the stomach bug that has now went into a cold....yuck. My girls are off school today so we have lots of appointments and errands to run. My plan is to take them to lunch for their good report cards so that will be fun. I will eat on plan all day. I just love Atkins and that we get to eat real yummy food! No grilled chicken breast for me today....I am thinking steak!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Homestretch,

You're in heaven at 157!!! Just a couple more pounds to go!!! I am soooo proud of you! Keep up the good work! WOOOHOOOO!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Help... Feeling frustrated
I'm thinking about "Induction" again. I don't know why, but seems like I've been so hungry the last few weeks and keep gaining and losing the same 1 - 1 1/2 lbs every day. Not TOM... but wondering if I should do a week or two of induction to get myself back on track.
The other problem is I'm getting "meat weary". Have been toying with the idea of a few veggie days a week and I don't know what I could have have to keep me satisfied and not gain.
Should I just break for a few weeks and maybe count calories/fat instead?? I'm so afraid of gaining
I know everyone hits stalls, etc., but I know that if I stop losing weight or gain I'll go into a tailspin. Up... instead of down!
Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated!!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Help... Feeling frustrated
I'm thinking about "Induction" again. I don't know why, but seems like I've been so hungry the last few weeks and keep gaining and losing the same 1 - 1 1/2 lbs every day. Not TOM... but wondering if I should do a week or two of induction to get myself back on track.
The other problem is I'm getting "meat weary". Have been toying with the idea of a few veggie days a week and I don't know what I could have have to keep me satisfied and not gain.
Should I just break for a few weeks and maybe count calories/fat instead?? I'm so afraid of gaining
I know everyone hits stalls, etc., but I know that if I stop losing weight or gain I'll go into a tailspin. Up... instead of down!
Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated!!

Deb,

I wouldn't fret about the 1 1/2 up and down syndrome - I definitely went through it and continue to do so. That's the way it is with me. I range from 141-143 every week. So, if I step on the scale in the morning and see 142 - it's a possibility that I actually weigh 140 lbs. I got used to it and know that my true weight is at least 141 - when I hit the low and stay there for a few days, I determine that is my weight. Give yourself that 2 lb. range - I kept a journal for months and noticed that. So, it became a part of my weight loss plan. I did not worry about it - since I am perimenopausal - I know that the ups and downs are attributed to salt retention, water, etc. If you look back to some of my posts, I mention the 2 lb up and down range.

Homestretch had that experience too . . .

Keep on doing what you're doing and you will see success. Yet, it is really up to you about the Induction again. Nothing is wrong with doing that. But the shakes helped me break a stall that I'd been in forever!

Last edited by delynmonet; 10-19-2007 at 02:03 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #559

Ditto the above Debs. Or try a Fawn shake?????

Fantastic news Homestretch!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there Deb!

You know what? As Del said I went through the same thing. And the person that got me through it was Del. You can go back through the posts and read right when it happened to me. I still fluctuate but I had a period of time when it was really bad and hard on my psyche. You know what else helped me? I added fat. If you are tired of meat eat some egg salad with lots of mayo in it. I love having that and dipping fresh veggies in it. Sometimes I even dip my meat in mayo mixed with low carb Katchup...yum! Shake it up girl and eat some fat. You will feel full and it is great! You will probably feel guilty like I did in the beginning but now I know that I have to eat fat to keep the scale going down.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #561

Ditto
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the hints! I'm going to cut some things that I recently re-added and see if I can determine what's making me hungry so I can get back in control.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm going to try to stay physically busy the next few days so I'll stop worrying and obsessing!

On the upside, my closet is getting very thin... on the downside, my closet is getting very thin I have an interview next week and I tried on all my "good" clothes and nothing fits! I outgrew my fat clothes, my dress pants fit at my hips instead of my waist and my dresses all hang like sacks. It's only bad news since I don't have any extra money to get a new outfit. That's one of the reasons that I've got an interview, need more money!! I'll have to drag out the sewing machine and see if I can alter a pair of pants to wear.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #563

Go girl go. Too thin is a happy place to be when it comes to clothes. Get sewing!
Old 10-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

You're right Kissa!
I really need to keep a few of my really "fat" oufits handy so when I have a self imposed "pity party", I can remember how far I have come. Probably the best motivational tool I have!
Old 10-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Oooooohhh, Deb . . . .

Quote:
Thanks for the hints! I'm going to cut some things that I recently re-added and see if I can determine what's making me hungry so I can get back in control.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm going to try to stay physically busy the next few days so I'll stop worrying and obsessing!

On the upside, my closet is getting very thin... on the downside, my closet is getting very thin I have an interview next week and I tried on all my "good" clothes and nothing fits! I outgrew my fat clothes, my dress pants fit at my hips instead of my waist and my dresses all hang like sacks. It's only bad news since I don't have any extra money to get a new outfit. That's one of the reasons that I've got an interview, need more money!! I'll have to drag out the sewing machine and see if I can alter a pair of pants to wear.

Thanks again everyone!
. . . I like the sound of this . . . nothing fits and you have outgrown your "fat" clothes!!! YEAAAHHH!!! Keep it up (uhhmmm - keep it "down") - We are so proud of you! And, best of all, you sew too? I just ordered a pattern on Ebay so that I can make a cape coat! My sewing machine is getting dusty - the last thing I made was in April - I made a Raggedy Ann doll for a co-worker who never owned one - I can't tell you the tears on her face when she looked in the bag and saw it! I like sewing but really haven't had the time.

Anyway, break out the sewing machine and do your altering! That's a good thing! Next thing you know, you'll be altering more clothing and maybe even making some new "smaller" outfits for yourself!

Ditto as far as Kissa and Homestretch's ideas! I love mayo and I use that weekly in my diet. My DH told me that I am l@@king a little too thin - but my weight is doing just fine! As a matter of a fact, I reminded him that I was about 130-something when he met me around 12 years ago. I am not in my 130's yet.

I believe that using the shakes are allowing my body to search and melt away the body fat more and more since the carb and caloric intake is so low.

Sorry to be so long-winded but I am soooo excited for you!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

You guys make me feel bad. I have not sewn since high school. My mom kept the shirt I made in home economics because she would laugh every time she pulled it out. We had to pitch it when we were getting ready for the auction. It would have fit fine if I were a hunchback! My sister sews so I figure I will leave that to her.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #567

I sewed so much when I was young and girls were little. Then I used to sew for the theatre. Now it only to alter things.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #568
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
First let me say congratulations-you ALL have done an amazing job of losing weight AND keeping it off! I am doing Atkins OWL and stumbled across this thread-hope you dont mind if I jump in. I started using the shakes this week and will keep you posted on my progress. Its been slow going but it usually is for me. Maybe this will "shake" things up a bit for me. Again thanks for the inspiration
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:33 AM   #569

Lisa, welcome to Shake city!

I have been away for a few days eating out all the time except for a Shake every morning but one, when my sister cooked Bacon and eggs.

Have followed the plan but still feel bloated.

It is good to go away but great to come home!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #570
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Thanks for the welcome, Cindy
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote