Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #511
Carby Cat

Gallery: Tazcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Taz** I am still losing, I just stumbled upon this thread and thought it would be a good program to try. Everyone here is unconditionally supportive and helpful so I think you will find it to be wonderful help.

My plan for the day:
B: Eggs
L: 1 minute muffin
S: Shake
D: Not sure but a shrimp salad sounds yummy!
Exercise: 3 mile walk

Have a successful day!
thanks
Tazcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #512
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yes we are in the maintain lane but everyone is welcome. I am certain Del didn't intend it to be restricted to maintainers, I think she was just asking the long timers about their experiences, and here we are, still buzzing.

Shake this morning before my exercise class. I am going to try to make that a rule especially when I do a weight class because a couple of times lately I have felt nauseous or dizzy. I never feel like breakfast so this is a good discipline for me.

Funny about pickles, I really like them but I HATE cucumber. Explain that!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yes we are in the maintain lane but everyone is welcome. I am certain Del didn't intend it to be restricted to maintainers, I think she was just asking the long timers about their experiences, and here we are, still buzzing.

Shake this morning before my exercise class. I am going to try to make that a rule especially when I do a weight class because a couple of times lately I have felt nauseous or dizzy. I never feel like breakfast so this is a good discipline for me.

Funny about pickles, I really like them but I HATE cucumber. Explain that!

Kissa - thanks so much for the comment. You're so right, it went just that way. Then, I added my two cents and my progess with the shakes as time went by so that others could simply read about it. That's how it started . . .

I seemed to have a hard time maintaining in the past - and I was seriously stalled at 161 in November 2006. Just seeing a pound or two come off within a few days made me so happy. The shakes really are helping me maintain the weight that I want - keep on track, so to speak.

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:59 AM   #514

Thanks Del, glad I got it right.

I drank my shake in the car on the way to the gym this morning, DH doing the driving!

Still not feeling hungry although that was a good 3 hours and a frantic aerobic class later. Hadn't checked my ketones for ages, just did so and I am on the first shade of pink. Perfect.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:51 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
158 and FEELIN' GREAT!

I only have a second but had to share with everyone that I am at 158!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I only have a second but had to share with everyone that I am at 158!
WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
EXCELLENT!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Still at 158 this morning and I am sooooo happy! I could not have done it without the support of everyone here----Thanks!

This weekend is crazy since we are having my Dad's auction tomorrow. I will be so relieved when this is behind me. Here is my plan for the day:

B: 2 eggs cooked in CO and coffee with half and half
L: Ham and mayo with cauliflower
D: Steak and veggies
No exercise today

Have a happy, successful day!
Old 10-06-2007, 07:33 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Hi All!
At work today, so not much time to post. Holding @ 169-169.5, but that's OK. Preparing for TOM and usually gain 1-2 the week before, so 1/2 lb s good! This time always tests my patience,as I get frustrated getting on the scale and seeing no loss. Of course, always lose the week after! Hormones!!
Ordered some Davinci's syrup and "Oh, Yeah" wafer bars, just in time for the needed chocolate fix! Chocolate/chocolate in the bar, very good, especially if cold. 210 cal/ fat 117/ carbs 8 for the bar - 2 gr fiber/ protein 14 g. Could be dangerous to have every day, but healthier than a candy bar!! Fills me up, too.
Hope everyone has a great day, will try to post more tomorrow!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:06 AM   #520

Well done Homestretch! 158 is a happy number I think.

I am almost living on shakes at the moment as life is topsy turvy with this play. However, I am just off out for breakfast with DH and the Sunday newspapers. Nice.

TOM, glad he's gone!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!
**Kissa** Thanks for the encouragement and thank goodness for the shakes!

We had my Dad's auction yesterday. We got there at 8 in the morning and I got home at 7:30 last night. It was almost 90 degrees but we sold most everything so it was a success. I fell off the wagon yesterday. I did not just fall off but it rolled over me! By the end of the day I was so hot, tired, and emotionally drained that when I came home I do not even remember what I ate. It did include candy and raisin bread. You know what? I did the best I could, it is over and today is a new day. I am not going to dwell on it and I am right back on track.

Today is a new day and I am too tired to worry about yesterday. Here is my plan for the day:
B: Shake
L: Shake
D: Shrimp stir fry
Too tired to exercise.....unless I find energy

Have a good day and successful week!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi everyone!
**Kissa** Thanks for the encouragement and thank goodness for the shakes!

We had my Dad's auction yesterday. We got there at 8 in the morning and I got home at 7:30 last night. It was almost 90 degrees but we sold most everything so it was a success. I fell off the wagon yesterday. I did not just fall off but it rolled over me! By the end of the day I was so hot, tired, and emotionally drained that when I came home I do not even remember what I ate. It did include candy and raisin bread. You know what? I did the best I could, it is over and today is a new day. I am not going to dwell on it and I am right back on track.

Today is a new day and I am too tired to worry about yesterday. Here is my plan for the day:
D: Shrimp stir fry
Too tired to exercise.....unless I find energy

Have a good day and successful week!
Homestretch . . . everyone has a day when they might fall off the wagon - but what's to be complimented is the fact that you got , dusted yourself up and are willing to get back on the wagon.

Life is full of setbacks and believe me, I've had my share, but don't worry - you'll be losing that next pound very soon. Keep focused! We're right here beside you!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #523

Yesterday was officially the 'Fall off the Ladder Day'. Didn't you know?

I know because after my play finished there was a wrap party where only sandwiches were served. So I ate them, loads of 'em and then a chocolate too. It wasn't a very nice one, so I wasn't tempted to have any more.

This morning, a shake, lunch, bacon and eggs, dinner don't know!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday was officially the 'Fall off the Ladder Day'. Didn't you know?

I know because after my play finished there was a wrap party where only sandwiches were served. So I ate them, loads of 'em and then a chocolate too. It wasn't a very nice one, so I wasn't tempted to have any more.

This morning, a shake, lunch, bacon and eggs, dinner don't know!

Was it? Well, Kissa . . . I didn't get the memo . . . That's okay.

Don't sweat it . . . we all go through it. I know that we get at ourselves if we seem to be taking two steps backward for every one we take forward. The good thing is that you are re-focusing, too. With the shakes on your plan, you're ahead of the game. Here's a big to you as well as Homestretch, and anyone else who's deserving of it!

Last edited by delynmonet; 10-08-2007 at 09:27 AM..
Old 10-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbingCarmen
Stats: 294/294/164
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 10, 2014
Hello All!

Hello everyone, would love to join your threads, I am new to Low Carb Friends I have started Atkins on 10-2-07 256 lbs so far as of sunday 10-7-07 I am now at 248 my overall goal is 148 so 100 lbs to go but I CAN DO IT.

After All Nothing Feels as good as Being THIN Does.....

LowCarbingCarmen...
LowCarbingCarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

and congrats to you LowCarbingCarmen!

You've lost 8 lbs within 5 days!! That's great! We look forward to reading your posts of your progress. And . .

All Nothing Feels good as being HEALTHY and THIN Does . . .
Old 10-10-2007, 04:36 AM   #527

Carmen. Great start.

Del, I am back on track with food and shakes, but as I wrote on the treadmill thread, life is interfering with my exercise his week. Not going to weigh for a while.

I was away overnight and everyone I met was saying really good things about my shape which is really encouraging.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!
Haven't posted for a few, too much going on. Staying the same @ 169, but have TOM now, so hopefully I'll see a drop when it's done.
Been busy around the house as hubby and I have been tearing down some walls, literally! We're opening up the area betwen our formal living room and dining room. Love doing this type of stuff! We bought an older house and have either been restoring rooms (correcting what the former owner did) or updating it. The house is only from the 80's, but the layers of wallpaper and paint that had to be removed were insane! We do all the work ourselves, so it saves on money and gives a real sense of pride when finished.
Welcome Carmen! The shakes are a great way to stay on track and make meals easier. Usually have mine at breakfast and keeps my appetite under control. It didn't matter what level of the plan I was at, I couldn't give up my shakes! Love them.... I have the feeling that even after I get to goal, I'll continue to have them daily.
General question for everyone - I have seem people posting on the EFGT thread about increasing the amount of fat in porportion to the amount of protein and carbs and it made me wonder what levels have you all been most successfull at? Are you keeping it lower fat now or calorie counting or what have you found that works? In addition to the shakes of course:>
Well, off the Lowe's for a lumber trip, so I'll check back in later today.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

**Del** Thanks for the encouragement! I am right back on plan.

**Kissa**I suppose misery loves company because I am glad that I am not the only one who fell off the wagon!

**Deb**I am a calorie counter but I do best when I keep my fat intake up. I just stay aware that fat has a lot of calories and I count them. I keep a written journal so I am sorry that I cannot share my percentages with you. I can honestly say that mayo, and coconut oil are my friends!

I have my 20 year class reunion this weekend. Does anyone know how to have low carb drinks? I honestly have not drank in the last year and a half. But this is one time when I would like to have a few drinks with my friends. Suggestions anyone? I am not much of a wine drinker and I suppose I could drink low carb beer but that does not sound too good.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #530

Homestretch, spirits with carb free mixers work if you don't like wine. Or you may like a little white wine mixed with diet 7 up, a sort of sweet spritzer.

Hope you have a really good time, I know you will be one of the youngest looking if your avatar is anything to go by. Slimmest too.

Deb, I never count calories and if I fall off the wagon as I did on Sunday I always up my fats over the next few days to counteract any carb cravings. I agree with Homestretch about mayo and coconut oil, also olive oil and flax.

Carmen, Del et al.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Deb,

Believe it or not, mayo ALWAYS seems to work for me! Just a smear of it - even on my roasted chicken, helps! Or even in my turkey and cheese rollups!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #532
Senior LCF Member

I love mayo! Seems like whenever I add deviled eggs back, I end up with a loss, too!
Funny, when I was a kid, used to love to eat a slice of white bread with just mayo on it and this is when I used to weight about 100 lbs!!
Off to put my lunch together. Chicken salad today! Had my shake for BF and will have roast chicken and vegie for dinner. I've been having my protein bar each afternoon after I get to work (about 5 pm) and don't get to eat dinner till about 8. Helps with the appetite and I'm not snapping off DH's head when I get home cause I'm so hungry. Helped with TOM, too.
More later. Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone!
Slowly, but surely .... hit 168 yesterday and forgot to post it. I'll take whatever losses I can get! I know if I was exercising things would be a little faster and I'd be tightening up more, too. Have to get motivated to stay on track with that.
Homestretch... cool! I know you're excited about the reuinion! Do you have to travel to it or is it somewhat local? It'll be a great feeling since you're so close to goal and I know you look great!!
Thanks everyone for the strategies on upping the fat. I love coconut oil, but every time I try it, my appetite goes through the roof! Even if I have just a small amount. Funny, too much caffeine has the same effect, almost like I need/want extra food to take the edge off.
Carmen, how's it going? It's been a few days since you posted. Hopefully, you're still lurking here. Keep in touch!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #534

Great job Debs.

Shake for breakfast, pepperami sticks while travelling to the Devon house, 2 GG crisp breads with peanut butter, out to the local Italian tonight, meat or fish and vegetables.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

Way to Go, Deb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
Morning everyone!
Slowly, but surely .... hit 168 yesterday and forgot to post it. I'll take whatever losses I can get! I know if I was exercising things would be a little faster and I'd be tightening up more, too. Have to get motivated to stay on track with that.
Homestretch... cool! I know you're excited about the reuinion! Do you have to travel to it or is it somewhat local? It'll be a great feeling since you're so close to goal and I know you look great!!
Thanks everyone for the strategies on upping the fat. I love coconut oil, but every time I try it, my appetite goes through the roof! Even if I have just a small amount. Funny, too much caffeine has the same effect, almost like I need/want extra food to take the edge off.
Carmen, how's it going? It's been a few days since you posted. Hopefully, you're still lurking here. Keep in touch!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Shake your way down another pound!!! Deb, that's wonderful and yes, slowly but surely, you will get there! Congrata!! Keep up the good work!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #536

2 Shakes today!

One before exercise, one after, then chicken with lots of veggies tonight.

KUTGW everyone.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Deb!

Hi everyone! I had a nice time at my reunion but guess what? I never drink nor do I know how much I can drink since I have lost this weight and I ended up getting a little drunk! Not very funny when I got sick at 6 am yesterday morning! I really did not drink that much but it hit me hard. I did not get stupid drunk I got dizzy, can't walk straight drunk. It kinda scared me and I felt terrible. I realized yesterday that I forgot to eat very much on Sat. and I walked 3 miles because I wanted to burn off any calories that I would eat/drink later that evening. Silly I know but it did not even enter my mind!? That is a crazy thing to not think about food! Anyway, lesson learned. I survived on carbs yesterday so I know I have to be very strict this week. I was at 158 Sat. before the reunion so I surely hope I did not mess that up. I received many nice compliments and that felt really good. I walked in wearing a size 8 pair of jeans and I could not have been more proud of myself. My goal is to still be an 8 or smaller when my 25 year reunion rolls around.

Last edited by homestretch; 10-15-2007 at 02:36 PM..
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #538

Sounds like you had a really good time. No harm done!

I made a Fawn's shake today instead of my regular one. I really liked it but it worked out at nearly 25 carbs, scary! I will see how it affects me and whether it is worth the carbs. No doubt about it being healthy, and very quick and easy to prepare, once you have the ingredients to hand.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 AM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sounds like you had a really good time. No harm done!

I made a Fawn's shake today instead of my regular one. I really liked it but it worked out at nearly 25 carbs, scary! I will see how it affects me and whether it is worth the carbs. No doubt about it being healthy, and very quick and easy to prepare, once you have the ingredients to hand.
You will have to let us know how the Fawn shake works for you. I have read that people say it fills them up for the entire day. That would be nice! I have a bad tummy this morning and no I did not drink again! The problem is that it is interfering with my workout and I feel like I need to workout after the drinking. Well maybe I will feel better as the day progresses.

My plan for the day is:
S: Eggs if my tummy will allow it
D: Hmmmm what shall I fix today? Perhaps some stir fry would be good or with the way I feel some chicken broth!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 AM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Bummed.... Looks like I need to give up my shakes a while. I have noticed (increasingly so), over the last several weeks that every time I have my shake that my nose runs (like I've got a cold) and my head gets congested for several hours every time I have my shake. I also noticed that even though my weight is the lowest I've been in years, my stomach is constantly bloated. I did a little research on line and it looks like I might have an allergy to the caseinate in the shake. I am lactose interolant now (not as a kid, but as an adult, same as my dad became), so maybe the daily consumption is too much for me.
So, time for an experiment. I'm giving up my shakes for the next week and will reevaluate my symptoms and see if my bloating goes down and see if the allergy symptoms decrease.
So, what to eat for breakfast y'all? Need suggestions!
More later! Debbie