Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
**Del**Maybe I will make it right? Since you have been my inspiration I was hoping for the same number as silly as that sounds! I am going to drink my water and I just filled my mug before I sate down. Thanks!

**Scorpio**Thank you for letting us know that we inspire you! Telling us that further inspires us!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Del, so glad all is going well.

Homestretch. KUTGW.

everyone else.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

I am out of the 160's!

159 oh yeah! I got on the scale this morning and weighed 159! Holy cow I normally wait for the scale to be down a couple days before posting my weight but I had to share this milestone and could not wait! This has been a bright spot in my week and a gift!

Here is my plan for the day:
B: one minute muffin
L: Shake
S: egg salad on celery
D: Not sure yet
Exercise: Not sure on that either!

Have a terrific day!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Go, Homestretch, go, Homestretch . .. go, go, go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
159 oh yeah! I got on the scale this morning and weighed 159! Holy cow I normally wait for the scale to be down a couple days before posting my weight but I had to share this milestone and could not wait! This has been a bright spot in my week and a gift!

B: one minute muffin
S: egg salad on celery
D: Not sure yet
Exercise: Not sure on that either!

Have a terrific day!

You're doing fine at 159!!!! oh, double yeah!!! YOU DID IT . . . YOU ARE IN THE 150's now!!! 4 more pounds to goal. Go, Homestretch!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOOHOOO!

Homestretch, the Shakes still worked even though your plan was modified to fit your lifestyle. For 90 days, I did two shakes a day. You varied one to two per day - and the weight STILL fell off!! Good for you!

Keep the great work! (I can't wipe the big off my face right now!)

Last edited by delynmonet; 09-27-2007 at 08:12 AM..
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Del! I am still smiling and in a state of shock. I still love those shakes and feel like they are important to my success. It is so cool that we can share in one another's victories! Go us!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #486

Great news, Homestretch. 159 yippee!!!!

The shakes are so helpful. I had one this morning, a little seafood and Mayo for lunch. Not sure about later.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Kissa! Seafood and Mayo....you eat the most delicious sounding food! I think sometimes I get stuck in my eating. Maybe you just have higher standards for food than we do here in the US? I get caught in the "anything that fills the hole" thinking lol.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #488

I don't think we have higher standards, I am just lucky to be retired and have time to shop a little more carefully than I did when I was running around with children and 'life'.

My dinner ended up being bacon and an egg! Not exciting but nice, and on plan.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

That is so funny because we had bacon and eggs for dinner last night also! The kids think it is a hoot to have breakfast for dinner (as they call it).
Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 AM   #490

How bizarre!

I was down to 125.5 this morning which is wonderful because it takes me back into the 8 'stone' section of my scale. Only by half a pound but it is a great psychological boost for me.

I know that the shakes have helped. I haven't got in much exercise this week as I have been on the run so much. I have had a shake every day and they do keep my hunger at bay so well.

KUTGW everyone.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:49 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
How bizarre!

I was down to 125.5 this morning which is wonderful because it takes me back into the 8 'stone' section of my scale. Only by half a pound but it is a great psychological boost for me.

I know that the shakes have helped. I haven't got in much exercise this week as I have been on the run so much. I have had a shake every day and they do keep my hunger at bay so well.

KUTGW everyone.
Kissa - That's wonderul!! I know that 0.5 seems like it is so small a number but it works! I am happy for you!!! Keep the good work and keep those pounds !

I am truly convinced, not only by my experience, but with yours and others, that the shakes really help by keeping the calories and the carbs at bay, which forces the body to react by shedding pounds. They are so convenient, and coupled with water, vitamins, exercise and a low carb/low caloric eating plan, weight loss is so very possible.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa** Good for you! Those successes are a wonderful boost, congratulations!

Del**You are right about the shakes. They really help the process and make it simple to control calories and carbs. I am having one for breakfast as I type, YUMMY!

B: Shake
S: Egg salad
D: I think I will talk hubby into grilling some steak. I have started eating brussell sprouts....I fry them in CO and fresh garlic.....who knew they were actually good?
Exercise: Not sure was going to take the day off but I ate more calories than normal yesterday so I may hit the treadmill for a jog.

Have a great Saturday! I am really looking forward to October and fall!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! Cannot believe it is October but we are now entering my favorite time of the year so no complaints here! I am going to reach goal in October. So my goal is to lose 4 pounds and anything extra would be a bonus. Here is my plan for the day:
B: Atkins shake
L: Egg Salad
S: Atkins shake
D: Grilled steak, salad and green beans
Exercise: Walk/jog for an hour while dd goes to swim team practice.

Have a day filled with joy!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Hi Everyone!
Haven't posted for a few days, so time to catch up!
Homestretch WTG on your loss! Fully expect you to hit your goal before the month is out. Kissa, a 1/2 lbs is great! I'm thrilled with any downward progress and since you're also so close to your goal weight it seems to feel like forever to get rid of the last few lbs.
Del, you're right - the shakes do make a difference! I feel less hungry for the rest of the day if I start with a shake. If they weren't so pricey, I'd probably have twice a day. I know many people have said to stay away, but I'm glad we have found what works for our group.
As for me, Last Saturday I decided to have a free meal at lunch (been craving like a fiend... pizza). So, started with a shake, gave in at lunch and went out and ordered a personal pizza from a local shop. OMG... I was drooling before I got back to the office! I ate that 1st piece so fast, barely tasted it. I felt like a junkie getting a fix:> So, I took a deep breath and decided to calm down and "enjoy" another piece. Here is where it gets really funny. I was now completely and utterly full. But, since I didn't want my hubby to know that I'd gone off the deep end, I decided to destroy the evidence instead of bringing home the leftovers. So, cost me $7.00 for two small slices and a softdrink that I couldn't drink. Normally, I would have polished off the entire pizza at once!
Should have been satisfied, but about two hours later, wanted chocolate. Got it, ate it, still not satisfied. Stopped for groceries, picked up steak and potatoes (for mashed) and pigged out again at dinner. OMG... nothing hit the spot, didn't matter what or how much I ate, kept craving something else.
So, Sunday I got back on track and after weighing myself and finding I had gone up 3 lbs. overnight, said OK... was it worth it? Yes and no. Knew it would take most of the week to get it back off. Monday, I weighed again and I was up again another 2 lbs. EEKS! Finally, started to drop again after Tuesday. Funny thing is, I overloaded and then ended up dropping all that I gained and 3 more lbs. HURRAH!
I told my husband that next time I had a craving to overindulge I would make the meal worth it, instead of just a cheap carb meal.
So, to finish, I am now at 170 and fully on track. I also tried on some clothing that I hadn't checked in the last two months and find that I've outgrown them. They were TOO small in June and now I'm too small! I'm floating in the pants and dresses. Even my shoes are falling off!
I never thought I'd be able to stick with this way of life (for the most part), as I have not made it past two weeks or ten pounds for probably the last ten years. I am patting myself on the back and know that I can get to my goals. The first one is to be in the 150's before the end of the year. Second is to be in the 130's before my next anniversary in May.
Well, this was longer than I planned, so I must go for now. Have a great day Everyone and thanks for listening to me "vent".
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

OOPS. forgot to add this:
I have also lost over 20 inches since I started! Considering I'm only 5'2, that's a huge difference!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb79fl View Post
OOPS. forgot to add this:
I have also lost over 20 inches since I started! Considering I'm only 5'2, that's a huge difference!
Deb79fl - So glad to hear from you. I am proud that you are NOT giving up, and that you are reaching for your goal. I am looking forward to seeing your post stating that you are out of the 170's. I KNOW THAT YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT! Keep up the good work and the struggle! By the way, do you have a BJ's or Costco near you? I find that BJ's has the chocolate shakes at a discount - once you compare it to purchasing outside. I generally purchase them from GNC - I pay $6 for 4 of them ($1.50 @) but at BJ's it was much less - I can't remember how much I spent but I do remember it was less than $1.50 @ as I purchased 16 of them at one time. I plan to do that again.

With GNC, during the first week, I get them with the 10% discount card.

I figure that I'm worth it in the end and it is still cheaper than having to purchase a larger size in clothing! And, lunch in the City is on average $7 (to start) for a decent salad - so at least for two days (breakfast and lunch) I am drinking the Shakes for less than $7!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 10-01-2007 at 10:32 AM..
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #497
Carby Cat

Gallery: Tazcat
Hi

Do you guys ever use the LC Slimfast shakes - or just the Atkins ones?

TIA
Tazcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

I haven't tried them, have you? Seem to be the same price at my local Publix, so I've stuck with what I knew would taste good.
Love you're "location" on your avatar! How many cats do you have? We're a family of two with 6 cats.
Hope you come back to visit and try the shake routine!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 AM   #499
Carby Cat

Quote:
I haven't tried them, have you? Seem to be the same price at my local Publix, so I've stuck with what I knew would taste good.
Love you're "location" on your avatar! How many cats do you have? We're a family of two with 6 cats.
Hope you come back to visit and try the shake routine!

Yes they're good - well the chocolate Royale is good - the vanilla is pretty good - those are the only 2 I've tried.

and thanks - i have 4 Siamese cats (all rescues) - though one is so big she should count as 2

I don't check in from work - but when i have some free time I'll look into the shake routine. I'm going through this period in my life where meat sounds pretty yucky to me (i can eat it like every 3rd day ) - so it's making it really hard to low carb.

This morning I'm having yocheese - and I'm taking 2 shakes and a ton of water to work with me.

Have a great day
Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Tazcat!

I'll have to try them both next time I'm in the store. I know exactly what you mean about the "meat burnout", I've always been like that. Sometimes thought I should try to be a vegetarian, but then I drop whatever meat (usually it's hamburger) for a while, sometimes a few months and eventually I start wanting it again. I got burned out on eggs, which is how I decided to have a shake for breakfast in place. When I started Induction, I couldn't think of anything else that was low carb enough and quick or easy enough to eat for breakfast. Funny thing is, now I can't imagine having anything else!
On the "kitty" side of the thread, we've adopted or they adopted us. Rescues are great, as I seem to think that the animal know when it has found the "purrfect" human family.
I forgot to ask, are you trying to loose more weight or maintaining? This WOE seems to be the perfect plan for me. I'm watching my calories and carbs and this past week the weight is falling off. Have a great day and welcome to the thread!

Last edited by Deb79fl; 10-02-2007 at 07:54 AM..
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

Hit 169 today! I'm so happy and surprised! The last few days I have been losing every day, at least 1/2 lb. I know that won't continue, but thrilled to be out of the 170's!
Looks like I can hit my goal of being in the 150's before the end of the year. Might be high 150's, but I'll take that!
Delymonet, we do have a Walmart Supercenter near my house and I called & they have the shakes for $5.99, I'll have to go and pick up several packs over the weekend. Everyone else gets at least $6.50 and I've seem them at CVS or Walgreens for $7.50 EEK! I agree, the cost of the shakes of cheap compared to eating out. If I had saved all the money I spent at fast food or other restaurants for lunch and sometimes breakfast, I would have thousands of dollars in a savings account and a smaller butt!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazcat View Post
Hi

Do you guys ever use the LC Slimfast shakes - or just the Atkins ones?

TIA
Tazcat! I LOVE CATS AND I JUST LOVE THAT AVATAR, TOO!!! They give you that warm and fuzzy feeling! How cute!!!

Anyway, I stick with what I know . . . . I use Atkins shakes only and I am very careful about the sugars/net carb levels. I don't know what Slimfast's levels of carb/net carbs are but I do know that Atkins is 1 gram.

But, before Atkins, I used to drink the Slimfast shakes and it worked for me then. I'd lost 33 lbs. I was in my late 20's/early 30's. Then, my body changed as I got older and when I told my doctor I tried Slimfast and Weight Watchers, I couldn't seem to lose (I was about 180 lbs.), he told me it was my metabolism - it had slowed down significantly, and to cut my carb intake. At that time, the carb levels were too high in Slimfast and Weight Watchers products for me . . . but yet my friends were losing weight like crazy. I just could not understand it at that time. Well, I have learned.

So, it just depends on your physical makeup - what works for one may not necessarily work for the other.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hit 169 today! I'm so happy and surprised! The last few days I have been losing every day, at least 1/2 lb. I know that won't continue, but thrilled to be out of the 170's!
Looks like I can hit my goal of being in the 150's before the end of the year. Might be high 150's, but I'll take that!
Delymonet, we do have a Walmart Supercenter near my house and I called & they have the shakes for $5.99, I'll have to go and pick up several packs over the weekend. Everyone else gets at least $6.50 and I've seem them at CVS or Walgreens for $7.50 EEK! I agree, the cost of the shakes of cheap compared to eating out. If I had saved all the money I spent at fast food or other restaurants for lunch and sometimes breakfast, I would have thousands of dollars in a savings account and a smaller butt!
Have a great day everyone!
CONGRATS . . . CONGRATS . . . CONGRATS, Deb79fl!!! You're doing fine at 169! I am doing the 169 dance for ya!

Yes, I believe 150 is in your future before year's end . . . you are on your way!

Kiss the 170's goodbye . . . and can't wait to see your progress! You, go, Deb79fl!

Last edited by delynmonet; 10-02-2007 at 09:02 AM..
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #504

Just lost a long post! I hate that.

To paraphrase, love cats, have 2, well done Debs x 2, welcome Tazcat, hi Del and Homestretch.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

tazcat**

Deb**CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you reaching the 160's! Sometimes eating something a bit different kicks the metabolism into gear...who knows? Our bodies are just so tricky. I know one Friday night I broke down and ate Oreos which I do not even love and low and behold I dropped a good chunk of weight a few days later. Weird isn't it? I think the important thing is always getting right back on track. In the past I would have wasted days overeating/punishing myself but now I get back on track immediately.

B: Shake
L: Egg salad (I am craving)
S: Shake
D: Hamburger soup
Exercise: 2.5 miles walk/jog

Have a happy!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #506
Carby Cat

Quote:
Thanks Tazcat!

I'll have to try them both next time I'm in the store. I know exactly what you mean about the "meat burnout", I've always been like that. Sometimes thought I should try to be a vegetarian, but then I drop whatever meat (usually it's hamburger) for a while, sometimes a few months and eventually I start wanting it again. I got burned out on eggs, which is how I decided to have a shake for breakfast in place. When I started Induction, I couldn't think of anything else that was low carb enough and quick or easy enough to eat for breakfast. Funny thing is, now I can't imagine having anything else!
On the "kitty" side of the thread, we've adopted or they adopted us. Rescues are great, as I seem to think that the animal know when it has found the "purrfect" human family.
I forgot to ask, are you trying to loose more weight or maintaining? This WOE seems to be the perfect plan for me. I'm watching my calories and carbs and this past week the weight is falling off. Have a great day and welcome to the thread!
I'm actually trying to lose. I just saw this thread on shakes as I glanced through the forums - not realizing it was in the maintain lane.

Eggs sound awful to me right now too Ranch dressing and celery is good. I guess i should go pick up more salad stuff. :: sigh :: I just went to the store this weekend and got meat One meal later, I didn't want any more of it

I made some Pumpkin Sausage soup and am planning to make a yellow squash soup i saw on the recipe board as well.

Congratulations - I just saw your other post on your loss

I am scale-phobic (and once scale addicted - - we don't have a healthy relationship ).

I'm in a 14 now - down from an 18. I'm about 5'5". I would love to get down to an 8, but be happy with a 10.

I have PCOS and also fight a thyroid issue - oh yippee.

The hard time of day for me is nightime - although a friend of mine told me when I got a craving to eat a dill pickle - no matter what the craving. So far so good. (aside from the water weight i'm probably carrying )

I'm trying to be fairly good but not obsessive - as I have a new job that's taking a lot out of me.

Probably more info than you needed huh?

Anyway, I hope it's OK if I post here even though I'm not maintaining. Shakes and cats sound good to me.

BTW, I went to pick up some more Slimfast LC today - and they were out - so right now i just have the Atkins ones.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #507
Carby Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Tazcat! I LOVE CATS AND I JUST LOVE THAT AVATAR, TOO!!! They give you that warm and fuzzy feeling! How cute!!!

Anyway, I stick with what I know . . . . I use Atkins shakes only and I am very careful about the sugars/net carb levels. I don't know what Slimfast's levels of carb/net carbs are but I do know that Atkins is 1 gram.

But, before Atkins, I used to drink the Slimfast shakes and it worked for me then. I'd lost 33 lbs. I was in my late 20's/early 30's. Then, my body changed as I got older and when I told my doctor I tried Slimfast and Weight Watchers, I couldn't seem to lose (I was about 180 lbs.), he told me it was my metabolism - it had slowed down significantly, and to cut my carb intake. At that time, the carb levels were too high in Slimfast and Weight Watchers products for me . . . but yet my friends were losing weight like crazy. I just could not understand it at that time. Well, I have learned.

So, it just depends on your physical makeup - what works for one may not necessarily work for the other.
thanks so much!! I was looking for a cat/duck avatar (felt left out with no duck )

Right now I've got Atkins shakes - i ran out of Slimfast - I'm going to start them tomorrow.

You don't have to tell me about the body changing I'm 43 - GAWD - I used to lose so easily. :: sigh ::

Thanks again
Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 AM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Tazcat,
I found this post because I was looking a someone that was supporting the use if the shakes. I know it's on the maintain thread, but we're all losing! I'm sure everyone is happy to have another on the thread. Everyone is really supportive and nice.
I'm 46 and wish I had the metabolism I had at 24! Darn age thing!!!
Oh... about the pickles, I love them but many years ago I read something that said a pickle equals a pound. Not because of the calories, of course, but because of the sodium. I found that to be true for me, so now when I have a burger - loaded, of course and I also want a pickle with it, I slice it really thin into wafers and use about 1/3 of the pickle. I get all the taste w/o so much salt.
My burger is like a loaded whopper style. Burger, slice of cheese - melted, lettuce, a few slices of think tomato, and condiments. I even allow myself ketchup, just a little. This is my once a week "treat". It always works to end my "fast food" craving. MMM, guess I'll have to stop at the store on my way home from work, just made myself REALLY hungry!
Have a great day Everyone!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Taz** I am still losing, I just stumbled upon this thread and thought it would be a good program to try. Everyone here is unconditionally supportive and helpful so I think you will find it to be wonderful help.

My plan for the day:
B: Eggs
L: 1 minute muffin
S: Shake
D: Not sure but a shrimp salad sounds yummy!
Exercise: 3 mile walk

Have a successful day!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #510
Carby Cat

Quote:
Tazcat,
I found this post because I was looking a someone that was supporting the use if the shakes. I know it's on the maintain thread, but we're all losing! I'm sure everyone is happy to have another on the thread. Everyone is really supportive and nice.
I'm 46 and wish I had the metabolism I had at 24! Darn age thing!!!
Oh... about the pickles, I love them but many years ago I read something that said a pickle equals a pound. Not because of the calories, of course, but because of the sodium. I found that to be true for me, so now when I have a burger - loaded, of course and I also want a pickle with it, I slice it really thin into wafers and use about 1/3 of the pickle. I get all the taste w/o so much salt.
My burger is like a loaded whopper style. Burger, slice of cheese - melted, lettuce, a few slices of think tomato, and condiments. I even allow myself ketchup, just a little. This is my once a week "treat". It always works to end my "fast food" craving. MMM, guess I'll have to stop at the store on my way home from work, just made myself REALLY hungry!
Have a great day Everyone!

Wow that's a bummer about the pickles.

I tried the Atkins shakes today and i think I do better with them - so I'll stick with them vs Slimfast.

it's awesome you all are losing

thanks and have a good evening!