Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 07:43 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Congrats! I understand what you mean about the head taking time to catch up with the body! Many, many years ago, before I got married, I had dropped about 60-70 lbs. and because I was single and working poor, I kept altering my clothing because I couldn't afford to buy new. Well, after going from about 180 to 120's, even though I didn't "see" the change, (kept seeing myself fat), when I finally went shopping for a dress for my wedding, the salesclerk asked me what size I wore. Well, since I thought I looked about the same as my high school weight, I told her a 13 junior. She brought me a 13, then and 11, then a 10, then an 8. I couldn't stop smiling!! I hadn't been an 8 since I was about 12!!
I can hardly wait to see those magical numbers again!! I am down 27 lbs now, and have lost a total of 14.5 inches, too!!
As far as the "hubbies" understanding, I think it's a matter of whether they ever had a significant amount of weight to loose. My husband has never been more than 10-15 lbs over weight his whole life. When he wants to lose weight, he cuts out the junk food, maybe skips lunch and presto, it's gone in about two weeks!
I think for me, it's hard to believe I ever got this big again. I must have stopped looking at myself from the neck down and kept denying how much I was gaining. Mind you, I did not do this overnight. Ten pounds here, get some more new clothes, ignore the fact that I gained more, get some more clothes, up another 10 pounds, about few years passed, ignore, ignore, ignore. All of a sudden, I'm way overweight, feel horrible, depressed, in my 40's, and every diet I tried didn't work fast enought, so I'd go off it and gain a few more pounds. Crazy!!
Sorry for the ranting!!
As far as how long does it take to get the head on track with the body? I don't have the answer to that! Probably a few months as you get to your goal and stabilize (which I didn't do when I lost before) and appreciate your hard work at getting and staying healthy and know that you NEVER have to go back to your old self! I plan on never getting complacent with myself ever again. Life is too short and our health is too precious to waste another moment!!
Enjoy your Sunday and I'm anxious to see your new posting weight!!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 10:41 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Deb, you are doing great! Thank you for the thoughtful reply. My husband has a hard time keeping his weight UP so I know that is why he really cannot relate. I completely understand everything you said about gaining the weight and trying to lose it. I too would try every "quick fix" out there and wonder why I did not drop 10 pounds in a week. It is easy to say this now but I am glad that it has taken me a while to lose my weight because it gave me a greater understanding of myself and why I got so big in the first place. I now know that weight problems are never "cured", they are controlled with lifelong effort. I second the fact that I am never going to let myself get so out of control and overweight again. Being so overweight made me miserable. I know thin does not = happy but it certainly does not hurt anything! I enjoy life so much more now that I can feel proud of myself, I am not short of breath and food is nourishment instead of pleasure. When I was fat I let go of the fact that I was deserving of happiness and I deprived myself of everything except the almighty plate of food....sad.

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:49 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Homestretch,

All I can say is . . . I AM SOOO PROUD OF YOU!
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:16 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

It is Monday and my weight is....drumroll please....161

Well my weight was 161 for the third day so I will post it now. Not a great loss but I am tickled with the half pound being gone! I cannot wait to be out of the 160's and I am sooooo close that I can taste it!

*Del* you are so wonderful! As I said before I am so touched that you keep dropping in to see how I am doing and offering encouragement! You are such an inspiration and your continued support means so much to me!

Here is my plan for the day:
B: Shake
L: Shake
S: Ham and egg
D: Low carb chili (I made it over the weekend...yum)
Exercise: Hitting the treadmill for 45 minutes.

Have a wonderfully successful day!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 AM   #455
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great news Homestretch, half a pound is 8 whole ounces remember!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Well my weight was 161 for the third day so I will post it now. Not a great loss but I am tickled with the half pound being gone! I cannot wait to be out of the 160's and I am sooooo close that I can taste it!

*Del* you are so wonderful! As I said before I am so touched that you keep dropping in to see how I am doing and offering encouragement! You are such an inspiration and your continued support means so much to me!

S: Ham and egg
D: Low carb chili (I made it over the weekend...yum)
Exercise: Hitting the treadmill for 45 minutes.

Have a wonderfully successful day!
Homestretch,

Thanks for the upbuilding commendation! Congrats on the 1/2 lb loss - meaning you're 1/2 lb. down to your goal . . . you, too, are an encouragement to me and all of us here . . . Keep on keepin' on . . .
Old 09-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Del! To use a quote that was ever so popular in my childhood, "I will keep on truckin".

Kissa, thank you for the encouragement! I am glad those 8 oz are gone and now they need to take about 16 more with them (hehe).

Sticking to plan today and it looks something like this:
L: Shake with flax
S: One minute muffin???? or ham and cheese
D: Low carb chili.........YUM!
Exercise: 3 mile hike

Have an ever so happy day!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Excellent job!! I've been having the one minute muffin w/ pumpkin for about a week and love it. Still having a shake once a day, sometime twice, depends on my mood and if I feel too lazy to make something for lunch!
The chili sounds like just the thing for my current frame of mind. What's the recipe and the calorie and carb count?
I'm inching out of the 170's and couldn't be happier!!! My motivation to stay on track has taken a swing in the "up" direction!! I figure within two weeks I should be in the 160's and that's something I haven't seen in such a long time. Watching both my calories and carbs has made all the difference in my success.

Have a great Day!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Great job Deb! I don't have a real chili recipe. I just kinda made it up. I used crushed tomatoes that had no added sugar, ground beef, chili powder, onion, garlic, fresh mushrooms and a few black beans. My servings had about 18 grams of carbs which is high but I really watched the carbs the rest of the day. The beans are what really make the carb count go up and if you were to subtract out the fiber the carb count would be much less. I have been trying to vary my diet a little bit just to make sure I get a wide variety of nutrients. I can see the two of us by the end of the month you will be firmly in the 160's and I will be in the 150's....watch us go!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

I'm SO Happy....Love this "shrinking feeling"....
Have to get the ingredients for the chili, it'll make DH happy, too. I know he's tired of chicken and fish almost every night!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scorpio2
Stats: 170/167/150
WOE: Healthy Low Carbs
Start Date: restart 9/2009
Hi! I just came across this thread. I'm interested in givin' this a try but I have a question. Do you just mix the shake w/water and add some ground flax to it? How much? I was just thinking about replacing 1 or 2 meals w/a shake yesterday just to see what would happen. I just want to see the scale moooooooooove!!
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Hi Scorpio2! Welcome on board!
I use the Atkins ready to drink shakes. I have not yet found a powder that I like. Long time ago, when Atkins made their own brand, I would use that. My favorite RTD shake is the Mocha flavor. It has a chocolate/coffee flavor. I know that some of the members mix some berries into their shakes and makes it more like a smoothie. I always put mine over crushed ice, tastes so much better that way! Usually have mine for breakfast.
I've never mixed flax in my shake, I always make a flax muffin and have it as a snack or sometimes as part of my meal. They're a nice addition and make me feel like I'm eating a treat. I was so glad when I found this area of the board, so many people say that the shakes and bars stall them. I have had at least one every day since July and am very happy with my results. As you can see, lots of people have had great success with them.
Again, Welcome!!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Having some fun . . .

I am officially 141!! Stepped on the scale this evening, nonetheless, and it read 141.4 oz! WOOOHOOO!!!

I am getting such a boost by everyone else, too!!! Homestretch, Deb . . . you are doing so well . . . I know that you are feeling so good about this! Yes, let's keep on TRUCKIN'!!!

Scorpio2 - may you have the success you want to achieve and best wishes on your weight loss journey!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:01 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
I am officially 141!! Stepped on the scale this evening, nonetheless, and it read 141.4 oz! WOOOHOOO!!!

I am getting such a boost by everyone else, too!!! Homestretch, Deb . . . you are doing so well . . . I know that you are feeling so good about this! Yes, let's keep on TRUCKIN'!!!

Scorpio2 - may you have the success you want to achieve and best wishes on your weight loss journey!
*Del* You are one pound away from goal!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so amazing! I am as happy for you as I would be for myself. I know how long you have worked for this!

*Scorpio* I put the ready made shake in the blender with flax and a few berries....try it because it is sooooo yum!

I am sticking to my usual plan for the day. Getting ready to go to work so lets have an amazing and successful day!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

delynmonet..... OMG One pound to Goal!!! I'm sure you're doing the "Happy Dance" and burning off that last pesky pound!
I was so glad when I saw your thread and decided to jump in. I kept reading posts that people had stalled and to avoid the shakes, etc. like the plague. I actually love the taste of my shake and found that they keep me more satisfied than anything else I could have for breakfast.
You have motivated so many of us and have proven that it can be done! Thanks!! Hope to see your continued posting and support even after you've reached goal. After all, maintenance is the other half of the battle!!
Have a great day!!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

THANKS SOOOOO VERY MUCH!

Yes, I am doing the Happy !!!! Thanks so much for your well wishes.

I have realized that the body does some strange things! At one point, I thought I could never see 140's - with the Shakes, I have overcome that hurdle, despite "ups" and "downs," literally.

Ounces and inches keep falling off which amounts to weight loss, better health with lots of energy and a nicer fit in my clothing. Yesterday, I put on pants that had to be safety pinned on both sides - I'd purchased them early last year - and they were fitting snug! What's crazy about this is that I ordered several pairs in various colors - oh well!

This board is HOT!!! Let's all keep marching towards our goal(s) and WIN the battle. It's more than wanting to look good - it's really about our health. What meaning is there in our lives to look good but be physically sick? We need to take care of ourselves - and aren't we worth it? So, we might have to say "No" to certain foods that won't benefit us in the long run, but the results in the end are definitely worth it!

I am so proud of all of you who have made the decision to take control of your mind and body . . . keep it up!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Time to shop Del!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:35 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday

Hello all! How are we all doing?

This has been a crazy week so far but I am hoping it calms down soon.
B: 2 eggs cooked in CO
L: Shake with flax and berries
S: One minute muffin.......dare I say that I am addicted
D: Chicken soup
Exercise: 3 miles - 1.5 jogging and 1.5 walking

We will, we will LOSE WEIGHT! The Queen song is stuck in my head, everyone stomp their feet now!
Old 09-21-2007, 05:37 AM   #469

Great work Homestretch. I am stuck on the muffins too. As you know, it is the savoury ones that I am finding have changed my life. I love being able to have a piece of 'toast' or a sandwich. I am determined to try the pizza crust too.

I looked up flax and it seem that it can be nothing but good for us.

This and the shakes are just so wonderful, I feel really lucky to have found them.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kissa! Yes I did read your post and I do have to get some good cheese to make some grilled cheese with....I cannot wait! My husband bought the cheese last time and it is the awful stuff wrapped in individual plastic sleeves. My husband is lover of all things processed!

Here is my plan for the day
B: 1 minute muffin
L: Mexican - hubby and I went to lunch Fajitas----YUM!
S: Don't need one
D: Atkins shake????? or Ham
Exercise: 3 mile walk

Have a happy!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

How much do I love 160? A L O T!

I weighed in this morning at 160! I am so ready to be out of the 160's that I am getting nervous. Every time I am right on the edge of seeing a new number I begin to wonder if I will ever see it........but I know that I will!

I stayed on plan all weekend in spite of the fact that I had a really rough weekend. Since my mom has been gone for almost 5 years and my dad is in assisted living, my dad decided to have an auction and sell the family home. My sister's and I worked all weekend packing and sorting the household items for the auction. It really was devastating and hard. Everything that has been so familiar to me my whole life was getting packed to sell. I hated it! However in years gone by I would have dealt with it by eating and I did not do that this time. In fact binging did not even cross my mind. I think that may be one of the biggest victories ever and I did not even realize it until I typed it!

My plan for the day:
B: one minute muffin with pumpkin
S: Shake
D: Grilled burger and green beans
Exercise: one hour walk

Have a good day!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #472

Homestretch, well done, both on the 160 and on coping so well with the packing.

I imagine it was a very emotional time for you ad no one would have blamed you if you had slipped up. But you didn't! Fantastic.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Homestretch, well done, both on the 160 and on coping so well with the packing.

I imagine it was a very emotional time for you ad no one would have blamed you if you had slipped up. But you didn't! Fantastic.
Thank you Kissa for the encouragement! Are you still loving the one minute muffin......we found a new passion didn't we? Pretty new picture! Your dd looks so happy, how sweet!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #474

Oh yes I love that muffin. Yesterday I made a chocolate one with the almond flour for the first time in about 2 weeks. It grew into a huge thing! yummy.

I have only had a shake and a flat white coffee so far today. Steak and salad tonight.

Glad you like my avatar. It is nearly a year since they married now.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

GO, GO, GO, GO . . . . Homestretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
I weighed in this morning at 160! I am so ready to be out of the 160's that I am getting nervous. Every time I am right on the edge of seeing a new number I begin to wonder if I will ever see it........but I know that I will!
WOOOOHOOOO, Homestretch - you, go . . . .!!!

I am for you!!! You will be in the 150's before you know it!!! I AM SO THRILLED AND PROUD OF YOU . . .

Congrats on NOT binging during such an emotional time - that's wonderful! You've got lots of willpower. I will keep following your accomplishments. Keep up the good work - I know that you WILL do it!

Last edited by delynmonet; 09-24-2007 at 01:50 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa,

Thanks for sharing your lovely avatar . . . . its beautiful!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #477

Thank YOU Del! I am a very lucky woman! Two wonderful daughters!

How are things with your 'new' daughter?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa** I have got to make myself some almond flour! The chocolate sounds yummy! I am getting a netrition order today and I purchased the banana syrup to put in my muffin....I cannot wait.

Del**You are too kind! I am still hoping for more loss this month but TOM is approaching and I do not know if I will get it. I think that you lost 5 pounds your second month so that was my goal and now I am at 3. Do you think I will make it (lol)?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scorpio2
Stats: 170/167/150
WOE: Healthy Low Carbs
Start Date: restart 9/2009
Thanks for the welcome! This thread is such an inspiration to me. I love reading it! One day I will be bold enough to start my journal too.

Have a good day!
Scorpio2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #480
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa, my "new" daughter is doing just fine - dealing with the busy-ness of life - fitting in with her dad during his available days . . . I love her! She can't wait to finally see her grandmother after all of these years. Since DH's mother was in the hospital a few weeks ago, and has been really resting, the excitement of it all was too intense to connect both of them (DH's mom heart was giving her trouble). But, they will meet very soon. I can't wait to see the reunion.

Homestretch --- Of course, you'll make it! Another 2 lbs . . . like clockwork if you stick to your plan like you've been doing. Make sure to drink plenty of water to flush your system of any fat deposits! Well, look at it this way - we both are different people, yet the plan is working for you . . . like it worked for me. That's speaks for a lot within itself.

Scorpio2 - thanks for reading the posts and stopping by. Whether you start a journal or not, we always enjoy the company!!!

BIG to you all! Have a gr8 day!