Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean@125 View Post
Just went to walmart tonight. I mow have a pack of chocolate and vanilla atkins shakes and a pack of EAS shakes. I'm gonna try this shakes routine and see how it goes. Need to get motivated and back on track. I justed finished TOM, so I am considering this a perfect time to start. keep you posted!
You picked a great time to start trying the shake routine! I hope you enjoy it and wish you lots of success!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 08:39 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday

Happy Tuesday everyone! I went for my 3 mile hike this morning and it felt awesome. I am changing my exercise and working out 3-4 days a week instead of 5-6. I am having some trouble with my foot and am giving it some rest. I ordered a new pair of shoes since I think my old ones were simply wore out and contributing to the problem. Here is my plan for the day:
B: 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil
L: Strawberry shake blended with flax and 3 frozen strawberries
S: Ham and mayo w/lettuce
D: Baked chicken/salad/green beans

Have a happy!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb79fl
Start Date: Every day
Thanks for the additional information! My dear husband just went to the grocery store... SO nice, since he said I looked terrible!! Told me I should stay home and rest. I just started a new job with new hours and lots of training on new software, etc. I have been more tired than usual, so I know it shows.
Actually, come to think of it, I think he decided to do the shopping so he could sneak some "goodies" into the house!! I'm trying to get him to eat healthier and he's a little resistant. He doesn't have a weight issue, but all of the other signs of high cholesterol, etc. and he doesn't understand that everything we do affects our health. Hopefully, as my journey continues he'll see the postive side of what I've done.
Anyway, thanks for letting me "vent", it's nice to have people that understand all the challenges that go with a lifestyle change and it's so nice having all the great support!!
Have a great night!
Deb79fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:40 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

WED

Well let me tell you guys that yesterday was not my proudest day! I was soooo hungry. I did not eat carbs but I did eat too much in general. Today is another day and I am back to normal. Here is my plan:
B: Shake
L: Shake
S: Ham/veggies
D: Steak/green beans/salad

Have a good one!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #395
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hey, Homestretch, that was what your body needed yesterday! If it wasn't carbs it will do no real harm, and better to eat too much of good choices than dip into the naughty cupboard!

I don't really like the bark, it seems to separate too much for me. But I have started to cook with CO today. I started with a sweet omelette, very nice.

Deb, well done on starting a new job and making all the right decisions for your body! You are doing so well. Hope DH sees the sense in your WOE but give him time.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 08-29-2007 at 07:15 AM..
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Kissa
I have to admit part of my problem yesterday was that I tried a recipe for cookies using CO and protein powder. I found out that cookies in any form are a bad thing for me. I do not think I will try the bark because I learned a valuable lesson yesterday and that was that I have to stay away from foods that resemble trigger foods. Maybe I can try some different things when I reach maintenance but for now I cannot. The cookies were not even very good and they separated also but by golly I ate a bunch of them. After I realized that I could not handle them I threw them out and of course felt guilty! I think I will use CO in cooking or coffee and stay away from the recipes. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #397

How is it in coffee? I read so many people take it that way.

Do you take your coffee black? I like mine white and as I am on maintainance I use a little skimmed milk with one Splenda. I just find it hard to imagine in coffee...

Yes, we all have to watch those trigger foods. With me it is salty snacks, so pork rinds are a real danger zone for me, I can eat way too many. It is just better not to start!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well today!
Well, another day down for the week. So busy, but easier not to focus too much on food!
I knew, but ate it anyway .... Due to a "not stocked" freezer/fridge I had a few hot dogs and sauerkraut for dinner two nights ago. Very tasty, but even though they were 1 carb each, w/o fillers, I ended up gaining a pound of water weight!! Always happens, so I know it should be avoided.
Trigger foods for me is always chocolate. I love the dark chocolate bars, so even if it's low carb, I find if I eat one that I want one every day. It was my derailment last time I attempted Atkins. Even though I worked it into my food count and carb allotment, I could not stop once I added. Also, Velvetta in scrambled eggs. Grew up eating this and still love it.
My reality is that I love to eat, so anything for me can be a "trigger food".
Old 08-29-2007, 04:54 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa
I had 1 TBSP CO in my decaf along with some splenda and 2 TBSP half and half. It was really good. I was worried about having oily coffee but I just kept mixing it and it was really delicious.

Deb
Isn't it crazy that little extras can totally ruin our entire plan. At least we are aware of our triggers now so we can control things better. I love food too but sweets are my downfall especially cakes or cookies! Of course the cakes and cookies just open the gate to eating everything like a Hoover.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:51 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Friday, August 31, 2007

Hello all!
Everything is going well here. Yesterday was a terribly busy day. I weighed yesterday and was up 1.5 pounds but my TOM came yesterday so I know that is why. I wanted to eat the entire fridge yesterday but I did not and I am proud of myself for sticking to plan and staying at 1200 calories. I really wanted to get away this weekend but the rest of the family voted me down . So I do not know what will go on but my youngest wants to go play putt putt golf so I guess we will go do that at some point. Here is my plan for the day:
B: Atkins Shake
L: Atkins Shake with 3 strawberries and flax meal
S: Cheese and coffee with CO
D: Chicken breast and mixed veggies
Exercise: 4 mile walk

Have a good day!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #401

I tried the CO in my coffee yesterday, and it isn't bad is it? I think I would prefer it cooked into things but it will do like that now and again.

Enjoy your Labour Day weekend everyone.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:07 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Surprisingly good! I love your new picture!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 PM   #403

Thank you, that is my eldest daughter (Down's) on her wedding day almost a year ago. It was her 40th birthday too. Possibly my proudest day. I have 2 wonderful daughters.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa, That is so awesome! I have two daughters and a son. Of course my daughter's are still at the age where they fight all the time but I know it will pass. I have three sister's and they are so important to me that I had hoped for two daughters so that they would have a sister. My son would have liked to have had a brother but he has to settle for being bossed around by his sisters (hehe).
Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #405

So lovely having girls isn't it? They soon learn how to shop!

I know it must be wonderful to have a son too, I have an 18 Godson who is very dear to me, but it isn't the same as you own is it?

My DD's wedding was very special as you can imagine, and the two of them are doing so well in their tiny apartment. Life is kind sometimes.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon here. Not much going on but that is good. Here is my plan for the day:
B: Carbquick pancakes/2 eggs/1 pc bacon/Walden Farms syrup (love to fix a big Sunday breakfast!)
L: Too full from breakfast
S: Atkins shake
D: Grilled chicken and salad

Kissa, I have one DD that loves to shop and one that hates it. My girls are such opposites I do not know how they both came from me!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

LABOR DAY

Hi everyone! Have a happy Labor day. I am sticking to my usual routine today. Once again, no big plans for the day but I am looking forward to working out today!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!
Back on plan today after falling off the wagon yesterday (got run over by it, too!). I added coconut oil two days ago, made bark w/ peanut butter and it set my appetite through the roof! Last time I added coconut oil (bark w/o PB), it did the same thing. I actually ended going completely off low carb for about two weeks. Anyone else have the same reaction? I know most people say it takes away their appetite, but I seem to have the opposite problem.
I was wondering, how do I know if it's OK to add some other items to my menu without slowing my weight loss? I had been having one shake a day during induction, then lately I went to two shakes a day - breakfast and lunch, and then for dinner having between 4-6 oz protein and salad or spinach, maybe a snack of cheese or some lunch meat (chicken breast or ham slices) either in mid afternoon or evening (never both).
Any advice would be appreciated! Also, are you all counting calories in addition to your carb levels? I know that I've heard to calculate your lean body weight by 12 to get the proper levels of calories, so wondering if that is something I should do.
Last, what low carb products have helped you stay on track? I'm going to order some DaVinci's syrups, but wondered if anything else is good to have on hand? Homestretch, I notice that since you post your menus, you list your shakes and the ingredients added. Do you use Atkins or is there another brand that you use for the Strawberry shakes?
Well, have to close for now, have a great remainder of the holiday weekend!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:56 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Deb! I use the Strawberry Atkins shakes with a few strawberries and flax meal. I made cookies with the CO and overate so I am sticking to the CO in my coffee. Anything that resembles chocolate or cookies is just no a good choice for me. I do eat Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate squares a couple times a week but I only have one and I can leave it alone. Anything in quantity that I cannot control is BAD for me. Give me a plate of unwrapped bark and I can clean it out one nibble at a time. I use the DaVinci syrup and I mix it with coffee and put it in the blender with ice. Tastes like a frozen treat to me without calories! I posted a few of my "blender" recipes a page or two back if you are interested.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
I make flax muffins and they seem to help me stay on track. I do use DaVincis or liquid Stevia in my coffee too. But other than that, I dont use faux foods at all which includes shakes as I found I lost much better without them.

I did count calories and use ****** this time, and it worked really well.

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #412
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DeliGirl
Stats: -25 from restart (-80 from highest ever)
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: May 26, 2010
Hi Deb
I just wanted to op in and say that whenever I have peanut butter, it sets me off. I've never had a problem with the CO, but PB really does a number on me.
DeliGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

I Love PB too, that's why I thought I'd try the bark. Maybe when I get the DaVinci's I'll try the CO again in some coffee. Needs some flavor in order to stand coffee (miss my Starbuck's!)
Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 09-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, each time I do bad on my program it seems to be traced back to PB. I hated it when I was a kid but as an adult I just cannot get enough.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Tuesday that feels like Monday! Hope everyone is doing well here. I stayed on program all weekend but I did eat a little more legal foods than I would have normally. Last night the nuts got to me! I really did not overeat but more than I wish I would have. This week will be tricky because I have a ton of obligations and will be running around a lot. I am going to boil eggs this morning so I have something quick to grab along with my shakes. I am working on seeing that scale hit 161 so I must get my brain focused on that number! Here is my plan:
B:Atkins shake
L:Atkins shake with flax/strawberries
S:Egg salad and broccoli
D:I have to eat out with my DD's tonite and I am going to aim for having roast beef and salad.
Exercise: 3 mile hike

Have a good one!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #416

Good luck Homestretch, eating out is always a challenge but I think it is easier on LC than any other WOE.

I have eaten too much today, though all on plan, I did drink some nice white wine though.

I really would like to get back to within a pound or two of goal again this month. I have been up at 128 a couple of times lately and that doesn't really count as maintainance.

I don't want to have to go back to induction though. I find the shakes a great help and I will use them this week. They are 'faux' foods I know but I don't have a bad reaction to them and they stem my hunger, all of which can only be good. I don't feel I have to excuse myself for using them, after 6 years of successful low carbing I think I know what works for me.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BellaHMB
Stats: 210/167/150 goal met 5.27.07
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 1-16-07
Cindy, whatever works for you! I just dont like the taste of them....

Bella
BellaHMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Hello, Buddies,

Any more weight loss progress to report? I am still at 142 and counting down to 140! Still feeling energetic and feeling great! The shakes are definitely helping with my busy lifestyle. I was able to pick up 24 of them at BJ's last week at a great discount.

Bella, sorry that the taste of them don't appeal to you - at first, I had to get used to a less sweeter taste than a regular milkshake - then after a while, I was able to regularly drink the shakes. My favorite is strawberry but since I only see the chocolate - I have been drinking that flavor - which I love (as my second favorite). I used to add a packet of Splenda to it but realized that was another carb . . . so I stopped adding it. So, some of us have to acquire the taste for it . . .

Will be checking in periodically to see if there are any progress reports! Keep us posted!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Del! I do not have any new weight loss to report. I was right at 163 this morning and I am still tickled each time I see that number! I know I am going to drop some weight this week though, I can just feel it . I am glad that you came by to visit and hope that next time you come my weight has gone down.
My Wal-Mart has the strawberry shakes so if you have not checked that dreadful place you may want to try.

Kissa, you will get those few pounds off, after all you are a master at this now! I admire the fact that you take such pleasure in your food. You always seem to eat wonderful food that you really enjoy. I do not worry about the shakes being faux food either. I say whatever works...do it and if it ain't broke don't fix it. They make my life so much easier. This week I do not know what I would have done without the shakes. I agree with you about eating out with this WOE. I enjoy my food so much when I go out because I get to have the things that really appeal to me instead of whatever low fat chicken dish that is on the menu.

My day has consisted of my usual food but no exercise. I had to attend the funeral of an old family friend so I think I am excused.

Glad we are all working towards our goals and we are reaching them little by little!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Looking Back . . .

Good news -- today my body fat registered 34.5% on my Tanita Scale for the very first time since I had the scale (Jan. 2005)!

Last year, in November 2007, when I started the Shakes Routine, my body fat was 41%. That means, I lost 6.5% body fat in 9 1/4 months. According to weight and body charts, for my height/weight, my body fat is supposed to be no more than 34% - got 0.5% to go. WOO HOOO . . .

It's definitely working . . .

Last edited by delynmonet; 09-05-2007 at 06:10 PM..
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote