Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
My measurements in March 2007 were:

Left arm - 12 3/4, right arm - 13 inches
Now: left arm - 12, right arm - 12 3/4

Left thigh - 22 1/2, right thigh - 23 1/4 inches
Now: left thigh - 22, right thigh - 23

Waist - 30 inches - now: 29 1/2 inches

Bust - 36 inches; now 35 inches

I keep a journal of my weightloss experiences. Looking back, in December 2002, I was the exact same measurements that I am now (35 - 29 1/2 - 38). By binge eating and not seriously monitoring and maintaining over the years, in December 2005, I measured 39 1/2 - 35 - 42 and my arms were: left 14 and right 14 1/2.

Overall, it took 1 1/2 years for my body to lose 4 inches . . . only when I focused.

I wanted to share this information because in this, we are all the same - we all have the struggle - but getting it down to a science is the key. We all have a moment where things change in our lives which causes us to lose track . . . but at least we have the opportunity to try and try again until we reach our goal. Thank goodness for the opportunity!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 08-17-2007 at 08:40 AM..
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losingjusme
WOE: losingjusme-kins LC my way
WOW, that's incredible delynmonet! congrats on the inches lost!!
losingjusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:59 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
***Del*** Your posts always speak to me at just the right moment! First of all, congratulations on losing those inches! That takes a lot of dedication. Second, thanks for sharing. I have been bouncing up and down the same pound for over a week and it is driving me batty. However, I noticed in the last 3-4 days all of my clothes are getting too big on me again. I spent about a half hour trying clothes on this morning and realized that something is happening even if it is not showing on the scale. Every time I have dropped a clothing size the scale stalls. I have been through a few clothing sizes now since I began at 16+ and last week I wore a pair of size 8 pants. I think sometimes it takes a week or two for the body to balance out what is showing up on the scale. So this morning I am trying to not focus on the pound I am bouncing around and focus on how my size is getting smaller. Your post came just at the right moment because I see how your ability to stick to plan is paying off.

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
I have been bouncing up and down the same pound for over a week and it is driving me batty. . .
Homestretch,

Thanks so much for your post . . . I wanted to focus on this one sentence you wrote because it is deja vu for me.

It's okay with the bouncing up and down - I did it so many times but eventually that pound and another or so would come off. Looking in my journal, I always noticed at least 2-3 lbs. of "the rollercoaster". So, eventually, I got used to it and didn't worry about it - now if it was 4 or 5 lbs, - then I'd worry and would have to adjust something - was it too many nuts? too much cream in my coffee? too much Splenda or diet soda for the day? ate too much too late at night? (that always got me, not realizing that maybe my body did not get a chance to digest it completely overnite since I went to bed right after!)

I want to share a part of my journal with you. I started the 2 cans a day plan on November 1, 2006 - here's what happened:

November 1 - 161.2; Nov. 2 - 160.6; Nov 3 - 160.0; Nov 4 159.6; Nov 5 - 159.4; [COLOR="Red"]Nov 6 - 160.4[/COLOR]; [COLOR="red"]Nov 7 - 161.4[/COLOR]; Nov 8 - 159.0; Nov 9 - 159.6; Nov 10 - 158.4; Nov 11 - 157.6; Nov 12 - 158.4; Nov 13 - 158.4; [COLOR="Red"]Nov 14 - 159.0[/COLOR]; Nov 15 - 157.0; Nov 16 - 157.4; Nov 17 - 156.6; Nov 18 - 155.4; Nov 19 - 156.6; [COLOR="red"]Nov 20 - 157.4[/COLOR]; Nov 21 - 156.2; Nov 22 - 155.2; Nov 23 - 154.8;[COLOR="Red"] Nov 28 - 155.6[/COLOR]; Nov 29 - 155.2; Nov 30 - 154.6; Dec 1 - 153.2.

So, that's how it is - although everyone's body is different - we will experience the ups and downs - I guess we're kind of shocking the body since it's not use to only getting the "good" stuff . . . and has to adjust with ketosis and all! Keep up the good work . . . yes, a great margin to go by is how the clothes are fitting. I am so happy for you - getting into a size 8! Every "inch" is a sinch!

By the way, thanks for your encouraging comments . . . makes me want to keep going! I wish you the best of success and don't let that stubborn pound bounce get you discouraged . . . its temporary.

Last edited by delynmonet; 08-18-2007 at 11:55 AM..
Old 08-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

What can I say?

Thank you, thank you, thank you ! I have been driving myself crazy today trying to think of what it is that I am doing wrong. Seeing your journal makes me realize that I am not different than anyone else. I must learn to be patient. After being on such a very long stall before beginning this routine, I have that little doubt and fear in the back of my mind that it will happen again. When those pounds bounce around that little doubt rears its ugly head! That was them and this is now (must keep telling myself that). I really cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share. I am now breathing a sigh of relief .
Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday!

Happy Sunday! My pound bounced back down this morning so perhaps I will make progress soon. Don't have much planned today which is a good thing. My food plan for the day is:

B: Bacon and eggs
L: Egg salad with cauliflower
S: Atkins shake
D: Not sure yet but something grilled and some veggies

Tomorrow it is back to the 2 shakes a day.
Have a good and successful day!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday! Back on the shake routine today. I am getting ready to do a Tae Bo video. Here is my plan:
B: Atkins Shake
L:Atkins Shake
S: Eggs
D: Chicken/veggies
Have a successful day!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

It's Tuesday!

Well today has been great. I cleaned my closet! I got rid of so much stuff and I have it packed up to go to Goodwill. I really only kept things that I wear right now and the rest went. It was wonderful and it set me free. I had been holding on to way too many things that were big on me. I have nothing for fall/winter so I must get this weight off so I can build a lasting wardrobe!

Here is my plan for the day:
B: protein powder/egg white pancakes (had a craving)
L: Atkins shake
S: ham
D: Chicken thigh, salad and veggies
Exercise: cleaning my closet!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:58 PM   #339
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Everyone seems to be really doing well in here, congrats to you all! Does anyone drink the mocha atkins shake. I really would like to try it but Walmart's only carries the vanilla and chocolate and I hate to order without knowing someone out there thinks highly of them.
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #340

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You are doing so well Homestretch.

I am including shakes this week as I gained 3 lbs over the four days we had friends to stay.

Today I had 1 choc shake, 1 morning shine bar, (trying to get rid of them), grilled salmon with some guacamole.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

i LOOOOOOOOOVE the mocha. the caramel latte is very good as well.

bought off amazon for $40 for 6 - 4 packs.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deeda
Stats: 220/196/160 5'8"
Start Date: May 2007/ Again Feb. 22 2008
Off Topic!

Hi everyone. I have been having a rough week and a half. I am having a really difficult time not eating carbs. I am so sad/disappointed. I don't know what my problem is! I was doing so well and then I cheated and the cheats became more and more and now I don't know if I can restart or if I should just give up. I wish I had a support system here. ALL my friends are thin. They just don't get it. And they encourage me to eat things I shouldn't. Now I know it is up to me to say no, but I wish they would understand that a "molton and drinks" at Chilli's will put me back a week. I wish my husband wouldn't suggest McDonalds and Cracker Barrel. I just feel like everyone is against me right now. And I am probably in a funk. My kids went back to school this week. Things are hectic. I feel like I am so far off path right now that it would be pointless to continue on with low carbs. I would love to wake up tomorrow, have a shake and start fresh but there will be challenges in my day that I don't know I can say no to. PLEASE HELP, help me get re-motivated and find reasons to get back on track. I think I just need some positive reinforcement and LOTS of encouragement! I am sorry to vent here but this is the only thread I have posted in and I hope someone understands. Thanks! (deedaump@gmail.com)
Deeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #343
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by losingjusme View Post
i LOOOOOOOOOVE the mocha. the caramel latte is very good as well.

bought off amazon for $40 for 6 - 4 packs.
Thank you for the feedback, will have to order me some!
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

deeda
i am so sorry you are having a tough time right now.

if your DH suggests McD's or Cracker Barrell, go but do it as low carb as possible (grilled chicken, veggies, etc.)

with your friends, i am sorry they are encouraging you to eat out of plan (and that they are skinny...) be strong. you can do this!!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:18 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

164 164 164

This morning I was at 164164164164 After a two week stall finally some movement! I am really trying to learn to be patient but it is hard. I am just pleased to be on the downside of 165 and I do not care if I EVER see that number again! My plan today is the same as usual with one small addition, I have started adding 3-4 frozen strawberries and ground flax to my strawberry Atkins shake and throwing it in the blender for a minute - yummy! I walked 3miles this morning and I am glad it is over since we are to have a heat index of 105 today .
Old 08-22-2007, 07:31 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeda View Post
Off Topic!

Hi everyone. I have been having a rough week and a half. I am having a really difficult time not eating carbs. I am so sad/disappointed. I don't know what my problem is! I was doing so well and then I cheated and the cheats became more and more and now I don't know if I can restart or if I should just give up. I wish I had a support system here. ALL my friends are thin. They just don't get it. And they encourage me to eat things I shouldn't. Now I know it is up to me to say no, but I wish they would understand that a "molton and drinks" at Chilli's will put me back a week. I wish my husband wouldn't suggest McDonalds and Cracker Barrel. I just feel like everyone is against me right now. And I am probably in a funk. My kids went back to school this week. Things are hectic. I feel like I am so far off path right now that it would be pointless to continue on with low carbs. I would love to wake up tomorrow, have a shake and start fresh but there will be challenges in my day that I don't know I can say no to. PLEASE HELP, help me get re-motivated and find reasons to get back on track. I think I just need some positive reinforcement and LOTS of encouragement! I am sorry to vent here but this is the only thread I have posted in and I hope someone understands. Thanks! (deedaump@gmail.com)
OK girl you have got to decide if you want this and I think that you do. When the determination is there then saying no is not really that hard. It is not your husband's fault because I have eaten at McDonalds and Cracker Barrell dozens of times during my weight loss and in fact Cracker Barrell has an AWESOME low carb grilled roast beef that I eat with green beans and salad (love, love, love it). I am taking the hard line with you not to be mean but I want you to succeed! We all have challenges, they are part of life but it is how you handle the challenges that determines your success or failure. That being said, it is time to put your big girl panties on and get back on track. I understand the kid, husband, family, friend thing very well because I live it. Post here and use me for support. I check in every single day and sometimes I get lonely here anyway. I have fallen off the wagon many times over the last 16 months, you just have to pick yourself up and hop back on. Saying yes to all the wrong foods and making bad choices is very self defeating because you begin to think that you cannot trust yourself and that you are a failure. I assure you that coming here and reaching out was a step in the right direction and you are not a failure. You let life get in the way of your plans and you can learn from your mistake and do better the next time you are in these situations!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

I am including shakes this week as I gained 3 lbs over the four days we had friends to stay.

Today I had 1 choc shake, 1 morning shine bar, (trying to get rid of them), grilled salmon with some guacamole.
You are the perfect example of how to maintain the weight. Thank you for sharing with us so that we can learn from your example!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Off Topic!

Hi everyone. I have been having a rough week and a half. I am having a really difficult time not eating carbs. I am so sad/disappointed. I don't know what my problem is! I was doing so well and then I cheated and the cheats became more and more and now I don't know if I can restart or if I should just give up. . . . I just feel like everyone is against me right now. And I am probably in a funk. My kids went back to school this week. Things are hectic. I feel like I am so far off path right now that it would be pointless to continue on with low carbs. I would love to wake up tomorrow, have a shake and start fresh but there will be challenges in my day that I don't know I can say no to. . . .
Deeda,

Okay, you've vented and we appreciate that you are truthful to us BUT the bottom line is . . . you must be true to you! We're here for you BUT where are you in your Way of Eating (WOE) lifestyle? Once you determine that - oh, and take a look at your friends (the thin ones) - and make a solid stand that you want to be thin too . . . not to compete, but to be HEALTHY, you're on your way!

I was threatened by the words of my doctor when he told me I was "borderline" with the high blood pressure and that if I did not lose at least 10 lbs by my next visit and have a lower reading on my pressure, he was going to put me on MEDICATION . . . he suggested not Atkins, nor any other weight loss plan, but told me to LOWER MY CARBS.

Well, YOU TALK ABOUT SCARING ME HALF TO DEATH!!! That's when I made a SERIOUS decision to start working on getting my weight down. Yes, all of us have "fallen off the wagon" so to speak, but the key is to try harder to hold on FIRMLY!

Put a picture of yourself on the refrigerator or in a place where you can see it constantly - then next to it - place a favorite picture of yourself at a size you want to get back to. Hang up a pair of pants or a dress that you'd like to get in to on your closet door.

Keep a journal of your weight loss and eating habits. Weigh yourself periodically to see if you're reaching your weight loss goal. Find some workout buddies among your friends - walk together, go to the gym together, workout at home together - show them that you are in the weight loss mode. They may be suggesting those foods because they KNOW you won't say NO!! Once you show that you are serious, things will change.

There are people at my job who constantly say, "have a piece of" this or that "It won't hurt you . . ." Train your mind to think - YES, IT WILL - or HOW MANY OUNCES OR POUNDS WILL THAT PUT ON ME or HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET THOSE POUNDS OFF? 2 WEEKS/3 WEEKS? Then, say, HECK NO or NO THANK YOU!

Train yourself how to walk into the kitchen and walk out when the NO TOUCH foods are there . . . it takes practice, BELIEVE ME, but it can be done. When cake is there . . . TRAIN YOURSELF to turn around and walk away or TRAIN YOURSELF to throw it in the garbage! The reason why I say TRAIN YOURSELF is that it is a CONSTANT fight - once you GIVE UP (or told yourself that you have) YOU HAVE LOST THE BATTLE! So, we're here for you but we can't FIGHT THE BATTLE FOR YOU!! So, get back on the BATTLEFIELD and prove yourself SUCCESSFUL - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Last edited by delynmonet; 08-22-2007 at 11:08 AM..
Old 08-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Let's get on the floor and dance for the 164!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
This morning I was at 164164164164 After a two week stall finally some movement! I am really trying to learn to be patient but it is hard. I am just pleased to be on the downside of 165 and I do not care if I EVER see that number again! My plan today is the same as usual with one small addition, I have started adding 3-4 frozen strawberries and ground flax to my strawberry Atkins shake and throwing it in the blender for a minute - yummy! I walked 3miles this morning and I am glad it is over since we are to have a heat index of 105 today .

Go, Homestretch, go . . . WOOOHOOO ! Congrats on the loss of 1.5 lbs! That's your true weight now - 164 - but give yourself the 2 lb "roller coaster" margin - that way you will not get as frustrated. Once I noticed a 2 lb fluctuation pattern - I got used to it.

Can't "weight" to see 163!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deeda
Stats: 220/196/160 5'8"
Start Date: May 2007/ Again Feb. 22 2008
homestretch and del -THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I am determined to keep trying. Today, so far, I have been on plan. I am taking a deep breath and pushing on. It's been a bad week. BUT tomorrow we are getting a puppy. It will be lots of work and I am looking forward to having a reason to get out and walk
Deeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Kissa,

Those pounds will be gone in a "minute"! You will do it!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #352

Deeda, you have heard the best advice here.

Take note especially of Del's advice about keeping a journal. Not just the foods but your moods, your challenges, the TOM, your weight and your INCHES. So often we get hooked on the scales and forget our inch loss.

Some of my best ever early meals were Burger King's exel double bacon cheeseburger! Now healthy eating that is not! BUT it is low carb and is is an indulgence and I could resist the fries and the bun. Even now if I am rushing and stressed I will order that, no shame. It is not my usual WOE but life throws stuff at us. We have to roll with the punches.

What the rest of the girls say about life, kids, friends, family and stress is true, we are all living that life, you will make the right choices if you awake each day and take a few moments to remind yourself that this is a choice. For you, for your family and ultimately even for those slim 'friends' who, while meaning to be kind, are in danger of sabotaging your future health and happiness.

Thanks for the support girls, today was 1 shake, one bar and goat's cheese salad followed by roast duck. Higher calories than I would have liked but was out to dinner with my FIL, 91, at a really nice place. Down a 1lb this morning, but doubt the scales will be kind tomorrow.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Go, Homestretch, go . . . WOOOHOOO ! Congrats on the loss of 1.5 lbs! That's your true weight now - 164 - but give yourself the 2 lb "roller coaster" margin - that way you will not get as frustrated. Once I noticed a 2 lb fluctuation pattern - I got used to it.

Can't "weight" to see 163!!! Keep up the good work!
You are right! I am prepared for the rollercoaster this time! Thanks for always sharing your wisdom. What would we do without you "oh wise one".
Old 08-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
homestretch and del -THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I am determined to keep trying. Today, so far, I have been on plan. I am taking a deep breath and pushing on. It's been a bad week. BUT tomorrow we are getting a puppy. It will be lots of work and I am looking forward to having a reason to get out and walk
I am so glad to hear that you feel like you are back in the driver's seat! Good for you. Del and Kissa both touched on an important fact about keeping a journal. I have kept one since day one. Sometimes when things are bad I look back to what I was eating during my more successful periods. It always helps. I have also found that the week after ovulation (sorry for TMI) I lose hope and think that I will never lose another pound. My body must take a huge dip in hormones or something because I am out of sorts every month. Keeping a journal helps to identify these things so that you can realize what is happening. Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

ALL I KNOW IS THAT . . .

Quote:
DEEDA,

All I know is that . . . You CAN and WILL do this!! We're proud of you!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mstamika
Stats: 217.6/217.6/140
Start Date: When I was born
Sorry so long winded...

What an amazing journey you've all had, especially dely who has inspired so many by asking a question and starting the research to answer it herself. Right on!

I'm new to LCF but not new to LC lifestyle. I lost 35-40 lbs 2 years ago and kept it off for a year. Then it crept back on after graduating from a Junior College and transffering to a University.

I started emotional eating for comfort b-cuz the experience was new and scary. I'm more adjusted now and ready to take the pounds I regained off and then some.

While surfing the web for Callanetics I stumbled upon this bb, and a few days later on this great thread. I've been inspired by all the sharing and support .

I'm on day 4 and a bit weak on staying under the 20 grams. I started a thread under the induction area because I am looking for ideas for things I can eat that don't require cooking not my favorite thing to do. This meal replacement approach sound interesting. Maybe I'll try it this way this time.

If any of you have time I would still love some ideas on food ideas for the non-cooker. Thanks! I'll be reading and cheering you all on now that I've found you great bunch

One more newbie thing... How do I subscribe to this thread?
mstamika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:45 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

mstamika!

I attached this link - it should take you to FAQs under "subscribe" - and give you the information about subscribing to this thread. I'm pretty sure someone will share non-cooking recipes with you also. We're glad to have you and look forward to your posts.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/fa...l&titlesonly=0
Old 08-23-2007, 03:46 AM   #358

Yo have just done it! Welcome Mstamika, good luck with your new start. As you will have seen the shakes really do help some of us, especially the really busy ones.

I love eggs, so eggs anyhow is a standby for me on induction...I don't consider eggs cooking really.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:26 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday

mstamika:welco me:

Well it is Thursday and I am on the same routine as usual. I have a very busy day today. Just wanted to check in and say Hi!

Have a happy and successful day!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mstamika
Stats: 217.6/217.6/140
Start Date: When I was born
Thank you...

I appreciate the links, info, and the big welcome carpet! I'll be around
mstamika is offline   Reply With Quote