Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Sunday

Thank you for the hug Kissa! Moving my son out and leaving him was one of the hardest things I have ever done. My husband is not doing well with it at all. I am sure we will adapt, it will just take a little time.

My plan for the day is to eat whole foods, I don't want my body to get too used to the shakes. So here is what my day looks like:
B: 2 eggs, 1 slice ham, mushrooms, scrambled in 1/2 TBSP of olive oil.
L: Tuna salad
S: Hard boiled egg or cheese
D: not sure yet but probably lean meat and steamed green beans

Back to working out in the morning and I am glad! Last week I only got in 3 workouts because things were so busy.

Have a happy Sunday!

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 07:37 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Monday

Hi! It is Monday - yuck. I am back on the shakes today and I am getting ready to get on the treadmill. Here is my routine for the day:
B: Atkins Shake
L: Atkins Shake
S: Cheese and celery
D: Chicken and veggies
I am ready to weigh 163 and I will get there!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
So many changes in our lives . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Thank you for the hug Kissa! Moving my son out and leaving him was one of the hardest things I have ever done. My husband is not doing well with it at all. I am sure we will adapt, it will just take a little time. . . . .
Homestretch,

Things will turn out just fine. It's so hard to let go of our children. But, you will always have your son and will always be his wonderful mom!

We each have to take a new road in life and it's his turn . . . . from bottles and diapers . . . . to becoming a wise and educated adult - that's the course we are all presented with.

We are making room in our family life for the daughter that we never had in our life. Life is so unpredictable - but Homestretch - you and hubby will do fine once the adjustment finally settles in. I wish you all the best!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 08-13-2007 at 08:14 AM..
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Christy514
Stats: 293/263/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/17/07
Morning Everyone!

I drank my 1st atkins shake in 5 years today for breakfast~chocolate, yummy! But I am starting to feel hungry already! Is this normal? I just drank it at 8:30 and it's 11:05.
Christy514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy514 View Post
Morning Everyone!

I drank my 1st atkins shake in 5 years today for breakfast~chocolate, yummy! But I am starting to feel hungry already! Is this normal? I just drank it at 8:30 and it's 11:05.
Christy514 -

No one really can say that it's normal or not normal as everyone is different. I find that if I ate late the night before, I seem pretty full after drinking a shake in the morning and will then have a shake between 1 and 2 pm. I drink water and have decaf coffee between the breakfast and lunch shake. I will munch on nuts or berries (as I am past the Induction stage), lunch meat rollups, etc.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Homestretch,

Things will turn out just fine. It's so hard to let go of our children. But, you will always have your son and will always be his wonderful mom!

We each have to take a new road in life and it's his turn . . . . from bottles and diapers . . . . to becoming a wise and educated adult - that's the course we are all presented with.

We are making room in our family life for the daughter that we never had in our life. Life is so unpredictable - but Homestretch - you and hubby will do fine once the adjustment finally settles in. I wish you all the best!
Thank you for such a thoughtful post and you are so right! Good luck on your family change. Life is very unpredictable isn't it? I am learning ever so slowly to trust that what is right will be presented to me but it is a difficult lesson to learn. My son was a gift that was unexpected since I was only 19 when I had him but he has certainly been one of the greatest gifts in my life. He has taught me so much about myself and is wise beyond his years! I often wonder how I got so lucky. Thanks again for the post, it is nice to get a fresh perspective.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

**Christy** I drink my first shake between 7 and 8 am and then I have my lunch shake between 11:30 and 12:30. I typically begin feeling hungry about 11:30 and if I need to I just have my shake at that time. Then I normally have a snack around 2:30 or 3:00 pm. I think you have to do whatever feels right for your body. The shakes are quite yummy aren't they?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday, August 14

Good morning! There is an article in the new Womans World on using shakes to lose weight. One of the shakes they recommend is the Atkins Advantage Shake! The article stated that researchers have found that people are more successful using shakes because they consume a certain number of calories. Most people seriously underestimate the number of calories they are eating at a typical meal. I thought it was interesting. I know they have the "diet" of the week in their magazine but I did think the article had some merit.

I tried the strawberry shake this morning and it was ok but not as good as the chocolate. I was ready to try something new and I love strawberry milk.

Here is my plan for the day:
B: Atkins shake
L: Atkins shake
S: Egg salad
D: Chicken thigh/wings grilled/salad
Exercise: Walk and lift weights

Have a happy and successful day!
Old 08-14-2007, 06:00 AM   #309
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
How true about the underestimating on what you eat! I don't see that magazine over here, of course, but it makes total sense.

I read recently that soup keeps you full for longer than the same food eaten as solids and water separately. I found that interesting.

KUTW

Last edited by Kissa; 08-14-2007 at 06:01 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

WOW . . . thanks for the info - I'll check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Good morning! There is an article in the new Womans World on using shakes to lose weight. One of the shakes they recommend is the Atkins Advantage Shake! The article stated that researchers have found that people are more successful using shakes because they consume a certain number of calories. Most people seriously underestimate the number of calories they are eating at a typical meal. I thought it was interesting. I know they have the "diet" of the week in their magazine but I did think the article had some merit.

I tried the strawberry shake this morning and it was ok but not as good as the chocolate. I was ready to try something new and I love strawberry milk.

Here is my plan for the day:
S: Egg salad
D: Chicken thigh/wings grilled/salad
Exercise: Walk and lift weights

Have a happy and successful day!
Homestretch - thanks for the research and sharing! Got to read it. All I know is that doing a shakes routine worked for me by lowering my caloric and carb intake on a daily/weekly basis, and then exercising to burn more calories gave me an edge. People are asking and telling me weekly that I am losing weight . . . my weight is the same, between 143-145 - my clothing is fitting looser - my size 8 is a little big on me . . . no belly fat, no back fat, etc. My DH says I am "thin" now but he agrees that I may be losing the hidden fat and inches. Even my arms and thighs seem to be getting more toned/smoother. So, something is happening and I am going to keep doing what I've been doing! I wish everyone the best with their weight loss program . . . just keep up the good work! Big to you, Homestretch! Thanks so much for your inspirational posts!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Christy514
Stats: 293/263/199
Start Date: 7/17/07
[COLOR="Purple"]Thanks Homestretch!

I really like the chocolate as well. I am going to substitute 1 meal a day with a shake this week and 2 shakes for 2 meals next week and see what that does for me.

My goal recently changed: this Saturday will make 1 month on Atkins so since I have lost 16 lbs so far my goal is to try and get 4 more off by saturday, as you can tell I like to push myself...cross your fingers

Y'all have a great day[/COLOR]
Christy514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losingjusme
WOE: losingjusme-kins LC my way
well i have a lot more weight to lose than you gals, but i'd like to start the 2 shake a day program as well.

i am already doing 1 shake in the morning for breakfast, but want to drop several more pounds by October. hopefully this can kick me into gear.

my current fave is the caramel latte and mocha. they are wonderful!!
losingjusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

***Kissa*** I need to make a big pot of soup! Maybe once my other two kids go back to school I will search for a good Atkins soup to make.

***Del***I totally know what you mean about shaping up but not really losing pounds. I have found that my body changes the most when the scale seems to stand still. I guess everything takes time to equal out.

***Christy***Keep picturing those 4 pounds melting off and go for it! Congratulations on reaching the one month mark, 16 pounds is AWESOME!

***losingjusme***We all started somewhere! You have made amazing progress, how many people actually accomplish what you have? Thanks for letting me know that the shakes are available. I have not gotten to try either of your fav flavors but they sound so good. Right now we are having 100 degree weather so I do not want to order food until it breaks but when it does I am trying those flavors!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #314

Hey, losingjusme, RESPECT!!!!!

Awsome work already, you are[COLOR="Red"] amazing.[/COLOR] Shakes will help for sure but whatever you've been doing, you are doing it right.

WTG Christy, stay with it but don't push yourself too hard.

xxx Girls xxx

Last edited by Kissa; 08-14-2007 at 03:10 PM..
Old 08-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Wednesday

Hello everyone!
Happy Wednesday! So far no movement on the scale this week but I am anxiously awaiting the next drop. I have yet another crazy day. I have to take my dd to get braces and then go to open house at school. Thank gosh I have the shakes to keep me from needing to grab fast food on the go. My plan today is as follows:
S: Cheese stick
D: Shrimp ceaser salad
Exercise: quick walk/jog on treadmill

Have a successful day
Old 08-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

thanks, ladies.

i did have lap band surgery October of 06 and that has helped. but i still have to really work at it! i'm at the gym 5-7 times a week.

i just want to drop this weight!!

so far today has been good.

b - caramel latte Atkins shake
drink drink drink crystal light
l - nothing yet ... going to wait until i am hungry or 230 whichever comes first.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CatieTN
Stats: 232/205/175 5'10
WOE: jasonsmithfitness 12 week transformation
Start Date: 10/21/13
Hi ladies! You all have been so inspiring!

I stumbled upon this thread after leaving my local grocery this morning: on the clearance table were 4 packs of Atkins shakes for $1.50! (The store is being renovated) I was every excited and bought all 10 packs that they had left. Only vanilla flavor but I don't care b/c the cost was right!

So~I am going to change up and trade one or 2 meals per day with an Atkins shake, maybe just 4-5 days per week. I am still losing pretty swiftly 2-3 pounds per week but I am on the road for work alot and need something more convenient than hauling Slim Jims and nuts and cheese around!

I am starting at 185 today~will report back daily!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #318
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarb Lola
Stats: 165/160/140
Start Date: June 1, 2006
I, too have been trying to replace two meals a day with low carb shakes. I have been doing it for about one week now, and am down four pounds. So exciting for someone who seems to be a very slow looser.
LoCarb Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #319

Hey, this thread is booming Del, you have a knack of staring great topics.

Good luck everyone!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member

well i gave into PMS cravings ....

i had 4 SF turtle candies ... they were good but not worth it. i feel like garbage...
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hey, this thread is booming Del, you have a knack of staring great topics.

Good luck everyone!
Kissa,

And just to think, it started with a simple question as to whether anyone else was doing a shake routine!

I'm happy though that there is true communication and information being shared . . . Thanks to everyone who posts!

losingjusme:

Everyone has an experience of falling off the wagon - only to get back up and get on for the ride again . . . don't be so hard on yourself but yes, do be firm with yourself, with love . That means that you love yourself enough to build more determination to win along the weight loss journey. It's not the end but another beginning to think about how you will beat the PMS challenge that many women face - cravings - and you CAN DO IT!!! Nothing ever worth something is easy but it is conquerable! We are in your corner and we all send our and .

So, dust yourself off and keep on moving forward - YOU'RE A WINNER! Never forget that . . . you've done such a wonderful job to get to where you're at!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:56 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

thank you so much! i appreciate it! i started w/ a shake this morning ... i appreciate the encouragement. and i actually did lose 5/8 of a pound, so thats a good thing!

Last edited by losingjusme; 08-16-2007 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 AM   #323

Hey...they were Sugar Free, candies, after all!

No big deal.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hey...they were Sugar Free, candies, after all!

No big deal.
Kissa, I'm with you . . . losingjusme did make a wise choice of candies. At work, it's a regular corner candy store - they've even got the "dots" that were on the long strip - in various flavors/colors! I thought those were phased out!

This week it was bagels and muffins week . . . plenty of jelly (oh and Dunkin Donuts). I love the opportunity to walk in the kitchen, then just turn around with NOTHING in my mouth or hand, and walk away!! I feel that I have overcome another hurdle and another accomplishment is under the belt, so to speak!!

YES, WE ALL CAN DO IT!! Keep up the good work losingjusme - we've got your back!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to update . . .

I will be taking my measurements and comparing them with the numbers in my journal from a month or two ago. I did notice that the arms are slimming down a little and my thighs feel lighter. Yesterday, I pulled out the tape but really didn't measure thoroughly. I did see 1/2 inch reduction on both arms . . . but my weight is still the same. Yesterday, I saw a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in about 6 weeks and she told me that I lost more weight since the last time she'd seen me . . . I told her "no" and she said "yes." Therefore, something's happening.

I really believe that inches are consistently falling off. I attribute that to the Atkins Shakes Routine - again low caloric and low carb intake along with regular exercise.

Will keep you posted . . .

Last edited by delynmonet; 08-16-2007 at 08:20 AM..
Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #326

Gallery: MsSeattleSlim
Stats: 201/201/135
WOE: Atkins Induction-ish
Start Date: re-start July 2009
Hello!

This is my first post on this board. I've been lurking for awhile, and I decided to try the 2-shakes-a-day plan to get things moving after 3 weeks of no progress -- and it's working! I've regularly used the shakes for breakfasts in the past, but never both breakfast and lunch.

So thanks for the idea, and thanks for the thread :-)
MsSeattleSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:15 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, MsSeattleSlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSeattleSlim View Post
Hello!

This is my first post on this board. I've been lurking for awhile, and I decided to try the 2-shakes-a-day plan to get things moving after 3 weeks of no progress -- and it's working! I've regularly used the shakes for breakfasts in the past, but never both breakfast and lunch.

Glad to read your post . . . and you're very welcome from ALL of us here. Happy to hear that it's working for you and wishing you much success!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSeattleSlim View Post
Hello!

Hey Del I bet you will be surprised by those measurements!

Just checking in my DD's start school tomorrow and we are having mother daughter day. We are baking a cake that they found in Woman's Day....we shall see how that turns out. I am on plan and did my exercise!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momof9
Stats: 274.6/220/150
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 2/2009
i was going to get banded and asked my dr about pills i am so desperate. i followed the atkins plan and lost so little that i realized that i need to control the amount of food better. i thought that i would do the shake thing because it is much easier to plan one meal and measure one meal. i let myself eat a breakfast atkins bar (160 cals) about 4pm and drink 2 shakes for breakfast and lunch. dinner is atkins meats and veggies. i try not to eat a late snack or dessert but when pmsing i may have to change that. i figure i want to diet now to lose the weight now and i will use this time to let me know i need very little food to live..i am a big eater. so during this time of loss i will plan for the future and see what i need to maintain. i need to know if i can do this before i get banded. that will be my last resort. thanks for listening. i will keep you posted on my results. right now i am at 252.
momof9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:58 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

momof9,
my decision to become banded was the best thing i've done for myself ... probably ever. however, there are 2 types of bandsters. those who just live the life and those who work to get the weight off. i am in that 2nd group.

i work out almost every day and really watch what i eat. it is not easy, but i want to be down 150 lbs in 1 year. i am at about 125ish in 10 months so far ... not sure if i can make it but i am really trying.

pms sucks ... it is causing me to really stall right now.

good luck to you.

http://losingjusme.blogspot.com

When you don’t know what you are searching for, its hard to know you’ve found it.
[COLOR="Blue"]Pain is only weakness leaving the body ...[/COLOR]