Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
What Changes Have You Made Now That You Are JUDDDING?

I will start:

Now I cut my pies in 8 rather then 6!

I always buy and share only one sweet roll - DH gets the other half and has no problem with it either!

As you can tell from the above I love my sweets!

Since fall I started doing sit-ups, it was hard at first; now doing 50 each and every morning! And it does indeed show loss
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
I only restarted 12 days ago, so not that many - but generally, I'm more mindful about eating & hunger.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
My portions are substantially smaller even on UDs. I use tapas bowls and plates to serve my food.

My overall meals are mostly <400kcals - it's been a long time since I ate 500kcals at one sitting.

It's less common for me to eat food out of politeness. If I have to eat it, it's a suitably small amount. And it now rare for me to eat something that I actively don't enjoy.

I find most commercial confectionery or sweet items are too sweet for me to the point of being inedible. (Now, my palate's been weird ever since my last head injury, but that's mostly blunted my sense of taste in an episodic way, I don't think it's why I now experience commercial sweet items as unbearably sweet.)

I'm probably down to consuming <5 bread items a year at present (e.g., no toast, sandwiches, rolls, bagels, croutons with soup, dumplings with soup).

Nov 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 11-21-2014 at 03:26 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rabble Rouser
I too have lessened appetite, especially for big meals. I had a burger and fries with my teen on Tues. and would've stuck 2/3 in the frig for later but I was dropping her at school then on to work and didn't want it sitting in my car or the work frig (but apparently didn't want to throw it out) so I ate it. And regretted it for like four hours after. I don't think I'll want a burger and fries for a while. I didn't even eat half the fries and still I felt like bursting.

I arrived here from 1200-1500 calorie per day dieting, so a change is that now when I see something I want to eat or drink, I buy it and enjoy it on UDs. Before I would just avoid high calorie foods: restaurant meals, alcohol, pizza, desserts, etc.

But now I also really think about what sounds good. If it's a DD and I have room for a little wine and that's what sounds good, I have it.
Rabble Rouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I too, eat pretty small portions unless I have fasted until a late dinner, which I do frequently. I rarely get hungry during the day at all and I only eat food I really enjoy. I also rarely eat out of politeness and do not feel that an an ocassion can only be enjoyed if eating. I can go to a party or gathering and have a great time even if I don eat. That is a big change for me.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
I have been known to spit out food that didn't seem worth the calories - discreetly, of course!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
I have been known to spit out food that didn't seem worth the calories - discreetly, of course!
I've done this with food samples/at food demonstrations but usually because I dislike it. It's fortunate that the napkins that they use to serve the samples are so substantial.

So, it seems like JUDDD nudges us towards appreciating our calories so much that we're no longer willing to eat something out of politeness or because it's socially expected of us. I think this is OK.

That said, context is everything and I can see how this behaviour might feel very different to someone with a history of eating disorders. Or people like my mother who taught us to eat whatever we were given when visiting people, even if we knew that it would probably give us food poisoning. (Yes, this is an appallingly vivid memory of the aftermath of a visit to a relative who gave us fish paste that was so spoiled it took conscious control of the gag reflex and copious amounts of tea to be able to swallow - and those of us who kept it down for the duration of the visit were horribly ill for several days afterwards.)

As you were. [/family history]

I rarely eat a main starch as part of my meal, e.g., potatoes, rice, pasta. As with bread, they're rare to occasional. (That's a mix of JUDDD and compensating for the reduced metabolic activity associated with the reduced skeletal muscle mass.)
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jebber
Stats: 183.6/168/135
WOE: Low Carb JUDDD
Start Date: 9/14/14
Great thread! I had to think for a minute. In 10 weeks, I think my relationship with food is becoming more positive. I no longer think about eating something "forbidden" when I'm stressed. I had a very stressful week at work and stayed on track for all of my dd's. That is new for me since JUDDD. I would have let this week derail my "diet" completely. Not with JUDDD!

I started JUDDD low carbing, but I have ventured away from that. I'm going to continue this path until after the holidays and then go back to low carb. I feel better on low carb, but it's been nice to have "off limits' foods once in a while. I'm talking about peas, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, parsnips, carrots, beets, and apples. LOL Sure, the occasional sweet is nice too, but I enjoy the root vegetables and fruits more.

My dd is getting married in April, so if I low carb with JUDDD until then, I should hit my goal of 130.