Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 163/157/120
WOE: juddd/4:3
Start Date: November 2, 2014
Another question -- 4:3 success?

I feel like a few of you might have mentioned doing 4:3 instead of EOD and having success.

I'd love to hear how it worked out for you.

The reason I'm asking is that I've been thinking and analyzing and seeing how this could work in my life, and it might make more sense for me to at least start out with having a regular schedule -- Tuesdays/Thursdays/(Saturday OR Sunday, depending on weekend plans) as regular DDs. Then I would need to be careful about the two up days in a row, these would probably be Friday-Saturday or Sunday-Monday.

Or if you have an opinion that EOD is superior to 4:3, I'd love your input on that, too!
olehcat is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I did JUDDD for 2 years, basically eating 3/3/M. What I mean is that I kept my DDs constant--M, W, F (for convenience and sanity). My UDs were Tues, Thurs, and EITHER Sat or Sun., depending on my social needs. The other weekend day was a 'medium' day. So I had 3 DDs and 3 UDs and one MD in a week.

I never had two UDs in a row (or 2 DDs). Neither is advised by Dr. J. The "MD" is designed for this type of rotation, and it worked fine for me. The MD was actually the most difficult for me to manage, but once I viewed it as a DD with a 'bonus,' I was fine with it.

Last edited by Leo41; 10-25-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Leo, thanks for your input!!

I like that idea a lot. 3 DDs, 3 UDs and a MD. And I like the idea of the MD being a DD with bonus calories!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Locarbarella
Stats: 188/125/125 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb maintenance since 2007
Start Date: Atkins 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I did JUDDD for 2 years, basically eating 3/3/M. What I mean is that I kept my DDs constant--M, W, F (for convenience and sanity). My UDs were Tues, Thurs, and EITHER Sat or Sun., depending on my social needs. The other weekend day was a 'medium' day. So I had 3 DDs and 3 UDs and one MD in a week.

I never had two UDs in a row (or 2 DDs). Neither is advised by Dr. J. The "MD" is designed for this type of rotation, and it worked fine for me. The MD was actually the most difficult for me to manage, but once I viewed it as a DD with a 'bonus,' I was fine with it.
Leo,

I've read many informative posts by you on this board but I just realized that I don't know what plan you use for maintenance? I guess I thought you still did JUDD combined with low carb.

What's your current plan if you don't mind my asking?
Locarbarella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I don't really have a 'plan' (my temperament resists that), but I always eat very low carb because way back when I did Atkins in the past, I realized how carb sensitive I am. At 30g, my appetite comes roaring back, and I begin to gain.
So I stay at about 20g or fewer--and my body seems to love it.

I have always had a 'carb day' every 2-3 months because I've heard that's good, but I don't do it any more frequently--and I don't eat junk--just healthy carbs.

I need to restrict calories, so I basically 'cycle' and keep very low some days if I've been higher on others. It's not exactly JUDDD, but it's close.

This has been working for me so far.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I do MWF DDs and it works for me (when I stick to it, but that's another story). I don't usually do a Med day on the weekend, but I do a "hack" of some sort sometimes. My favorite over the summer was an all fruit & veggie day.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Katiebubb
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: re-start: September 2014
I do a 4:3 also... Tues, Thurs, and Sat are my DD's. They fit best with my work schedule. Those are the days I work til close and I know I can not eat then!! My UD's are Mon, Weds, Fri. And Sundays are my MD.

This week my scheduled changed a bit so I will switch up the DD's and UD's. Then next week back on my 4:3 schedule.
Katiebubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, guys!! I love hearing what works for people!

GME, I like the idea of having one of the days be a fruit and veggie day! I could easily do that.

My dilemma for me is that today is supposed to be a DD since I ate normal yesterday, and I've been invited to dinner at someone's house. I don't want to switch to tomorrow for a DD because next Friday and Saturday are both going to be social things. I guess I will just do my best. Not eat all day and then have small portions of things tonight.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Locarbarella
Stats: 188/125/125 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb maintenance since 2007
Start Date: Atkins 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I don't really have a 'plan' (my temperament resists that), but I always eat very low carb because way back when I did Atkins in the past, I realized how carb sensitive I am. At 30g, my appetite comes roaring back, and I begin to gain.
So I stay at about 20g or fewer--and my body seems to love it.

I have always had a 'carb day' every 2-3 months because I've heard that's good, but I don't do it any more frequently--and I don't eat junk--just healthy carbs.

I need to restrict calories, so I basically 'cycle' and keep very low some days if I've been higher on others. It's not exactly JUDDD, but it's close.

This has been working for me so far.
Thanks Leo. Very interesting. I too have been using calorie cycling in a sort of informal way to balance out the higher days I have and I keep my carb count below 40. (I usually come in about 30 net carbs a day on average --- a little higher than you.) I only started watching the calories so closely in the last year or so, using JUDD as a method, to keep me from gaining too much and it's worked out great. The low carb keeps my appetite in check and the calorie cycling keeps me from gaining more than a pound or two before I catch it and it goes right back down. These two methods combined make a lot of sense for me as a maintenance tool.
Locarbarella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
My dilemma for me is that today is supposed to be a DD since I ate normal yesterday, and I've been invited to dinner at someone's house. I don't want to switch to tomorrow for a DD because next Friday and Saturday are both going to be social things. I guess I will just do my best. Not eat all day and then have small portions of things tonight.
I know this is harder for some people than for others, but social occasions can still be great fun even if you don't eat. I went to a party last night. Even though it wasn't a DD, the food being served was not my cup of tea and therefore I drank a glass of diet coke and enjoyed friends and fun. No one made a single comment about what I didn't eat.

It's a mind set shift, but I've learned that food doesn't have to equal a good time.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Carly, I totally know what you mean and I want that mind shift to happen so badly. I know myself though, and I know I go into these things with the best possible intentions and then I fall apart. I'm hoping that will naturally get better as this journey continues. Anyway, point being that this thing tonight involves homemade food being served, so would be difficult to not eat at all, whereas there IS a party that I'm doing next Saturday where I could easily get away with not eating and nobody would notice (as long as I walk around with a drink in my hand, lol). In fact, I may experiment and see if I can do it at that event, just for practice (especially given that the holidays are coming up!)
Old 10-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
while fast and furious JUDDDing, i still had fun with friends. i really cannot enjoy a holiday without eating! i have so much fun during get togethers, my friends think i have this super duper metabolism.

i moved my DDs around, to accommodate each and every celebration. didn't matter to me if i had to have 2 (or 3) DDs in a row. i would get mad at myself if i didn't 'average' EOD. it was worth it!

in answer to your original question... the more often you have a DD, the more you will lose. it's not rocket science. your scale will not necessarily show a loss right away, but your body's most definitely keeping track.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote