Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulieC
Start Date: February 17, 2014
Help with UD menus

Would some of you please help me out and post some UD menus? I'm having such a hard time losing and believe it may be because I'm eating wrong on my UDs.
I don't go crazy but am having a hard time getting them organized so I can count calories. It would be so helpful to see what types of things you eat so that you don't feel deprived but still keep things under control, KWIM?
Thanks so much!
JulieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/121/119 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian/LC/4:3
Start Date: May, 2011
So hard to answer because my UDs are often different.

Yesterday, I ate sparingly during the workday, Quest bar, FF plain greek yogurt and 1oz almonds. In the evening I had a wonderful restaurant meal of shrimp and scallops in a buttery sauce + wine.

My general rule is to not eat much either during the day, or in the evening. Usually, it's the former, because psychologically I feel that I'll better fuel my DD the next day if I eat later in the day. No idea if this is true, or not, but it makes me feel more confident going into DD.
MargD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Julie, if you look for the menu threads, you'll get a lot better information in terms of what we actually eat. It's too hard to narrow it down for many of us because it changes from UD to UD. Look for "It's (whatever day) - what are you eating?" types of threads.

Typically, for me, I eat a light breakfast, light-ish lunch, and a heavier dinner. I always track my food before I eat it. A very typical day for me would be:

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee (355 calories)
L: Banh Mi with Sriracha (427 calories)
D: Whatever my leftover calories allow. I usually have a protein, a veggie, and a cocktail - maybe a dessert too.

I rarely snack, but if I do it's usually a Quest bar, or NF Greek yogurt, with the occasional Snicker's bar thrown in for good measure.

I guess you can see, I do NOT follow low carb.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
Would some of you please help me out and post some UD menus? I'm having such a hard time losing and believe it may be because I'm eating wrong on my UDs.
I don't go crazy but am having a hard time getting them organized so I can count calories. It would be so helpful to see what types of things you eat so that you don't feel deprived but still keep things under control, KWIM?
Thanks so much!
Hi Julie - It's good you're asking for help instead of giving up. I was just about to write a post to you on the weigh in thread because I was concerned about you, and then saw this.

The first place to look is your calories. JUDDD is concerned with HOW MUCH you eat, not WHAT you eat. So you don't need to know our menus. The problem is revealed in your post that you're not counting calories. In the beginning, it may be best to count so you can zero in on your UD/DD calculator limits. "Not going crazy" may not be enough of a beginner's plan. Later you may be able to lose and not count. Now, if you WEREN'T counting and were losing, no problem. But you gained your first week.

In reviewing your posts, I noticed your age and that you're perimenopasal and you're not far from goal? The 150's going to 140's? You've also been lc and dieting steady for some time. All these things will contribute to slower losses. Maybe the biggest reason though is shown on your weigh ins in the last 9 days. You had two UDs on the 11th and 13th. Did you do a DD, MD or UD on the 12th? I'm just saying, on your first 9 JUDDD days, one bad day in the middle might certainly trigger no loss or a gain. It would for me. These are just my opinions, I'm just fishing around for some clues that might help. But again, I think looking at if you're sticking to your UD/DD numbers is the first place to look, not the type of food. I eat very high carb; others lc and we're all able to lose on JUDDD, so our menus don't necessarily affect our losses.

This might encourage you - I read that some who made it to maintenance, lost no weight their first 2 weeks, but then had steady losses after that all the way to maintenance. So hang in there. We'll help you get to the bottom of this and get your losses going.

Window of 145-150 goal: Only 2.6 lbs. to go.

Last edited by Heather; 10-17-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Count, weigh and measure all your food for the next 2 weeks so you have, as close as feasibly possible, the exact number of calories that you are eating. You really need this data, if right now the losses aren't happening.

Weighing and measuring the food sounds like a drag, but it's really the only way to learn how much a serving size is or better yet, how much of the food you are consuming.

I can eyeball an ounce of celery now, better than I could 3 years ago, but if I were still in WLM, I can guarantee you that I would weigh every piece of celery, pickle, onion, whatever- if it increased my chances of losing weight.

You can do it! Hang in there

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Count, weigh and measure all your food for the next 2 weeks so you have, as close as feasibly possible, the exact number of calories that you are eating. You really need this data, if right now the losses aren't happening.

Weighing and measuring the food sounds like a drag, but it's really the only way to learn how much a serving size is or better yet, how much of the food you are consuming.

I can eyeball an ounce of celery now, better than I could 3 years ago, but if I were still in WLM, I can guarantee you that I would weigh every piece of celery, pickle, onion, whatever- if it increased my chances of losing weight.

You can do it! Hang in there
Thank you Carly!!! I try not to rant about this, but.......well I just did, so I deleted it.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JulieC
Start Date: February 17, 2014
You are all so kind, thank you for helping me out. I see that I need to track my calories carefully, it's just easy to go overboard when just guessing :-)
I'm keeping track today and hope it will show up in my results this upcoming week. My goal is to see the 140s by the end of this month!
JulieC is offline   Reply With Quote