Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RaisaB
Stats: 168/164/130
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: October 2012
JUDDD No Capiche

Can someone direct me to how most of you are doing JUDDD? Are you low carbing it on your up days? Is that why you are on Low Carb friends? And what do all the abbreviations mean? WOE, etc.? Are you really following the calorie guidelines on the JUDDD site as far as Up Days? They seem high to me. Help....l
RaisaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Hello RaisaB, we are a mix of weight loss maintainers and people in weight loss mode (WLM) on this sub-forum: consequently, we have a mix of how we are practising JUDDD. We have a couple of threads where newbies can ask questions and introduce themselves. It gives other newbies a chance to see questions that they've been considering and other JUDDD veterans a greater chance to see them: October JUDDD Newbies :)

Acronyms are explained: acronyms???

JUDDD is just a schedule so the food that we eat is up to the individual. So, some of us low carb, some practise nutritional ketosis, others eat whatever foods they like as long as they are within the calorie allowances.

Historically, JUDDD was listed under 'Other Plans' on LCF until it became popular/busy enough to need its own forum here. Most people started out with LC and then took to this because they stalled (blending the two): since that time, there's been some evolution. However, I think it's fair to say that most were originally LC and still do follow that, at least time to time.

There's a lot of information in the stickies that you can see on the home page of this forum.

Yes, most of us follow the calorie guidelines from the JUDDD calculator: it's common for people to think the UD values are high. We advise people to follow them, track, what is happening, and then only tweak them downwards if they're not producing any results for you. Which level did you select for the calculator. Also, it's not unknown for people to make mistakes with the calculator so if you'll share your relevant information, then one of us might confirm them for you (age, gender, height, weight)

Good Luck!

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:20 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I think Slowsure has you covered, but I'll add that I started low carb, but after the first month dove into carbs head first. I don't track carbs at all now.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:23 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
It’s probably also worth checking the units in the JUDDD calculator — make sure it’s not set to metric if you’re entering imperial units. That’s a very common cause of people calculating high numbers.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:50 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I agree with all of the above. I'm one who eats anything and everything, within my calories, but started low carb. The biggest draw for me was being able to add carbs back in. I felt too restricted on low carb. I don't have any carb sensitivities, though. YMMV.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:59 AM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
At 164lbs, 5ft 6in tall, and let's say 45 years old, little to no exercise, your numbers would be:
1762 UD
352 DD (though 500 is fine)
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RaisaB
Stats: 168/164/130
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: October 2012
Thank you for your replies. I just tried the calculator again and each time it gives me a different answer. I will go on the Newbie thread after this, but could someone plug in my numbers? I am 64 inches tall, 161 lbs, and 53. Thank you!
RaisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisaB View Post
Thank you for your replies. I just tried the calculator again and each time it gives me a different answer. I will go on the Newbie thread after this, but could someone plug in my numbers? I am 64 inches tall, 161 lbs, and 53. Thank you!
Very close to Dottie's informed estimate, I ran your numbers and see
DD 338
UD 1690
using the 20% weight loss level and assuming little to no exercise.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote