Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 02:48 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosey
Stats: 228/219/120
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 08 October 2014
appetite suppresants to kick start Juddd?

Oh ladies. im in such destress, gave birth in Feb never breastfed . from april i have been trying to start but i eat too much. I was so sure that on the 1st i was gonna start and not stop but it lasted a week.

4 days ago i posted here that I was starting with Juddd , i couldnt, wed, thurs, friday i failed to launch my DD. I had a general appointment with my Dr and I asked about Appetite suppresants and he prescribed for 60 days.

Was I wrong? im using them to get my appetite in control while im also kickstarting Juddd. I need this boost. I used them before to kick start my weightloss after my 1st pregnancy and i didnt even need to get more than a months supply. I learnt good eating habbits and did most of the work myself. and its a plan this time around.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2014, 02:50 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

i wish Dr could have prescribed will power, but theres no lab that manufactures it currently.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:16 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I personally don't like appetite suppressants, but I get very jittery with anything that contains stimulants (other than coffee - I can drink my weight in coffee).

One of the great things about JUDDD is that it naturally regulates your appetite. Usually after the first few DDs, they get easier.

All that said, if you need them, you need them. I don't have any experience using them with JUDDD, so I'm not sure if they'll mess up the SIRT1 activation.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:45 AM   #4
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
They've probably come a long way since the "old days", but they used to be addictive/habit forming, so make sure to talk to your doctor about that before you start on them
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:22 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

@Dottie I know they are. what i like is my Dr will never prescribe more, and they are expensive wont afford them for more than 2 months anyway. i still have twins under 1 and a 5 yr old who take my entire salary and abuse it. lol.

@Dawn lets hope they dont.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
My sister in law takes phenteramine (sp?) and they don't make her jittery, but she said she has to take them no later than 9am or else she can't fall asleep at night.
Other than that, she said it works great
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I was trying to get some when I first started juddd but couldn't get any doc to prescribe them lol. I do think they probably help, but they also make me jittery. I have taken them in the past (years ago) when I thought I needed them and was 50 lbs less than I am now lol. Let us know how it goes, and good luck.

Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #8

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Please post your pterostilbene results :)

This is a very long thread that was quite active for a long time, about Pterostilbene. A whole bunch of us tried it, and many are still using it. It is supposed to help control your appetite, along with other benefits I'll leave you to read up on.

When I first started taking it, I wasn't sure it was helping at all. So I quit after a week or two, and then it became very obvious to me that it HAD indeed been keeping my appetite under control, so I started taking them again daily, and still do.

I ordered mine online from a company that does a buy one/get two deal, so the cost is very reasonable. Google "buy 1 get 2 free vitamins" to find it. Sorry can't link to it or call it by name here. I order all my supplements from them.

Hope this helps!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
I took doctor prescribed phentermine (lowest dose 10 mg?) for a few weeks years ago. I threw them out after I re-read the waiver I signed:

SIDE EFFECTS
Any of the following side effects or negative outcomes may occur.
If you are unwilling to accept them as a possibility do not use the medication.
Heart palpitations, Heart Valve Disease, elevated blood pressure, depression, anxiety/restlessness, Chest pain, Urinary frequency/infection, (plus 11 more).

Fen-Phen was blamed for heart valve disease some time back. But then they felt Fen was the problem but not Phen. IIRC. So doctors could prescribe Phentermine again, and there are many new combos and options available now. But I decided the health of my heart was more important to me than losing 40 lbs. So I lost the weight by diet/exercise alone. (Which you have to do anyway per the doctor. Ha!) There are so many warnings if you research these products.

There's a thorough article on the lawyersandsettlements site called "Are Fen-Phen Pills Back?"

ETA: On the upside: They did give a euphoric feeling. I felt so peaceful I didn't feel like turning to food for comfort. Downside: The product becomes less effective over time, and dosage would need to be increased.

Window of 145-150 goal: Only 2.6 lbs. to go.

Last edited by Heather; 10-11-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #10
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I've taken them before and they worked OK for a while, but seemed to lose effectiveness pretty quickly for me. It might be helpful to take them on your DDs for a few weeks. I finally seem to have reached the "no hunger on DDs" stage just recently after just over 2 months of solid rotations.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:09 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I really need to mention this. I have never been on a forum that is so supportive and dont go out of their way to make onre feel worse than they already .

I love you all. Dr Prescribed Phentermine as well. i have taken it before and the only side effect i had was lack of sleep the 1st week. Now im taking it at 5 or even 4 in the morning then I go back to sleep.

I guess i will only know if it helped after I go off it and im able to continue with my rotations n loses. But i think it will help cos it really helped last time. after that one month i was so used to preparing healthy meals for my entire family and we stopped takeaways completely . now we almost back there.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rabble Rouser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
i wish Dr could have prescribed will power, but theres no lab that manufactures it currently.
I think that having a new baby at home is stressful so whatever helps you out is okay. But I think that believing you don't have will power can be a slippery slope, too.

Good luck!
Rabble Rouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Please post your pterostilbene results :)

This is a very long thread that was quite active for a long time, about Pterostilbene. A whole bunch of us tried it, and many are still using it. It is supposed to help control your appetite, along with other benefits I'll leave you to read up on.

When I first started taking it, I wasn't sure it was helping at all. So I quit after a week or two, and then it became very obvious to me that it HAD indeed been keeping my appetite under control, so I started taking them again daily, and still do.

I ordered mine online from a company that does a buy one/get two deal, so the cost is very reasonable. Google "buy 1 get 2 free vitamins" to find it. Sorry can't link to it or call it by name here. I order all my supplements from them.

Hope this helps!
I love the pterostilbene. I order from the same site mentioned above. I haven't missed a day in years. I still feel like it helps me concentrate, which is great since I have ADD.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maripose
WOE: moderate carb
Alcohol can suppress appetite, obviously you don't want to drink in large amounts but before I was pregnant I would very slowly drink a glass of red wine before dinner and it often killed my appetite. I would take a sip or two every 10 minutes, a 6 oz glass of wine can last an hour this way. 6 oz wine is about 150 calories.

Also, meat and eggs suppress appetite.

There has to be some safe, non-caffeine, non-gimmicky herbal appetite suppressant out there but I have yet to find it.
maripose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: janetaz
Stats: 198/189/135 restart 207.5/197.5/149
WOE: coming back to JUDDD!!
Start Date: restart JUDDD 7/4/14
Rosey! My little one is a couple years old now, but wow, I can so remember how tired I was (still am a bit, LOL). For me, lack of sleep, does seem to make me hungrier.

Right now for me, some OTC things that would cut my appetite would be: Plain black coffee (first thing in the morning) and anytime that I knew I wasn't hungry, but trying to reach for a snack while bored. Unsweetened ice tea, plain, without lemon or any type of flavoring. Plain, boiled eggs, no mustard, or mayo-no even salt!

I think another idea might be using tips from the Shangri La Diet to try to get to a place to complete some DDs.

Hope that helps!!
janetaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #16
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/206/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maripose View Post
Alcohol can suppress appetite, obviously you don't want to drink in large amounts but before I was pregnant I would very slowly drink a glass of red wine before dinner and it often killed my appetite. I would take a sip or two every 10 minutes, a 6 oz glass of wine can last an hour this way. 6 oz wine is about 150 calories.
Now, we are on to somethng!
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

my goodness i love wine, BUT my husband is a non drinker and hates alcohol. i still drink it but its harder to buy a bottle in this house. lol

Will tell him its for weightloss
Old 10-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Rosey, I didn't catch on at first that you are already taking a doctor-prescribed med and was about to echo LoCarbGal and Carly.

I, too, would recommend to you that you research pterostilbene. A quick definition is that it is like resveratrol with a higher bioavailability, getting into cells more efficiently.

I've found it to be safe to the point of downright healthiness, and I like what I read about it. Also, like LoCarbGal, I learned that it was helping when I ran out of it and did not feel the help with appetite any longer, so that was pretty definite for me. Of course, it doesn't work for everyone, which you would learn reading here, and it's not magic. Believe me, I can still manage to eat more than intended under the right circumstances!

But if you are getting used to the prescription, you might want to hold off. Taking both would put you into the situation of not knowing which one was helping, for one thing. That's an especially frustrating feeling! Do follow doctor's advice in the way he/she expects, and see how you feel. Also learn how you are to come off of it when you want to, if there's anything special to know, etc. All best wishes!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
I took Phentermine when I was in uni - I wanted to lose weight stat. I'd never touch that again.

You know I found a natural appetite suppressant - apple cider vinegar in hardboiled eggs. That surely kills my appetite.
Amélie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/176/168; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD >100 g protein
Start Date: 6/7/12
my mom "used" to buy me appetite suppressants, so when i started juddd, i just happened to have a bottle of Xantrex-3 in my medicine cabinet. i used it the first week, to get myself started. in the two years i've been on juddd, i finished up that one bottle, and am now into my second bottle. i only use them if i'm stressed and can't do it on my own.

i do not find juddd naturally regulates my appetite. so i usually just go by gumption. i do know that the higher my protein level, the better my appetite seems to be more under control.

another thing that you may want to try that's super duper cheap are Jet Alert pills. sometimes just having the caffeine high will amp my mood and give me that added push.

both of these items are easily found at walmart.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrwhoTardisRose
Stats: Start/168/current/139/goal/120
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Have you thought about doing a week of low carb high fat to kick off your JUDDD? I do LCHF and am never hungry as long as I'm getting plenty of fat even when I'm coming up on TOM I am not hungry like I did before LCHF.
DrwhoTardisRose is offline   Reply With Quote