Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Katiebubb
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: re-start: September 2014
Almost a month already!

Been JUDDDing again almost a month already. Actually really happy. My bounces are back to how they were after an almost year break. The weight loss is chugging along. And I feel great! Down 6lbs in almost 4 weeks....makes me very happy, all because I thought it would be a struggle to re-start this again and my body respond correctly. <---woe's of a yo-yo dieter!

Had my 6 month check up this am at the doctors. Had to get my BP pills re-scripted. His scale is sooooooo off BTW. But he asked if I was still Low Carbing like he said. And I said no, went back to alternative day dieting. He argued a bit, but I told him....I would of been at goal and content there if he hadn't of mess with my mind about it. I showed him my weight loss tracker app and my bounces and such. And he said "Okay the goal is to get you at a healthy weight, off meds, and happy. Who am I to tell you what makes you happy then." So yeah for me!!! He stressed his main concern was the A1C and cholesterol levels, but my last blood work showed a huge drop, so as long as these next blood levels continue down ward, he will lay off for a bit.

He knows a lot about the last year with what has been going on with my daughter and we were talking about my stress levels at the moment, and I told him honestly they are off the charts. I have turned to smoking aaaaallllllooooottttt more than ever but it helps me deal with things. So he is allowing me to try wellbutrin to help me quit smoking altogether and to help with anxiety levels. He even said a good side effect is it does help some weight loss and even though he isn't happy with the 300 calorie every other day thing, it may help me not want to eat then. So he said it was a win win for me to try. He stressed it was just trial for 3 months and not an answer, but its a good step in the right direction!

Anyway, its been a good day!

Last edited by Katiebubb; 10-07-2014 at 08:11 AM..
Katiebubb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
WTG Tanya! I tried Wellbutrin ages ago and had a horrible allergic reaction to it. I actually had to have my wedding ring cut off because I was so swollen. I hope it works for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dawn. I hope I don't react to it. It was one of my concerns. That's why he said a 3 month trial. He said if not there are other things we can try. At least he is listening to me now, not telling me. I hate when Doctors get like that. You want to get in there face and say "hello, I know me!!".
Old 10-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rabble Rouser
Nice loss, Katiebubb! Good for you for sticking to your guns with the doctor. Fasting for weight loss is a tough concept for most people to swallow.
Rabble Rouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Rabble!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #6

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
So glad to hear you're doing great, Tanya! And I'm really glad you stuck to your guns with your doctor and that he is (sorta) listening now. Good work!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks you Carol!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #8

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great job on the loss Tanya, and glad you got the Dr on side at last.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Congrats on a great loss! 6 pounds in 4 weeks is amazing! It's so great that you got your doctor to listen to you! I really hope the medication works out. It's a bummer that Dawn turned out to be allergic, but you know she's not normal. (Only kidding, Dawn!! You are awesome!)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #10

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
We all know I'm NOT normal. Especially with meds.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm so happy for you Tanya! You were one of the first JBs I remember when I joined the wonderful world of JUDDD. I quit smoking with Wellbutrin and so did DW. It worked great for us. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
What a great return month - congrats!!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone! Just such a good day! I can't fill the scripts til Friday but hopefully for the Wellbutrin!

Carly, did you have urges or did you just kinda not want the cigarette any more? Little nervous of how it will work. Any experiences you want to share would be a soooo wonderful to calm my mind. Always so scared to take new meds.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Thank you everyone! Just such a good day! I can't fill the scripts til Friday but hopefully for the Wellbutrin!

Carly, did you have urges or did you just kinda not want the cigarette any more? Little nervous of how it will work. Any experiences you want to share would be a soooo wonderful to calm my mind. Always so scared to take new meds.
If I recall correctly- you can smoke for the first week or so while the medication builds up in your system. I know I still had psychological urges (like smoking was the only time I took a break at work or something I loved with my morning coffee), but physically I started gagging around the 7th day if I lit a cigarette and took a puff. So that caused me to decide it was not worth it.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Ohhhh that doesn't sound to bad! I understand the smoke break at work thing, but I am sure I can find some thing else to do....hide in break room....lol! Thank you, that helped ease my mind a bit!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rabble Rouser
Replacing it (like hiding in the break room!) is a good tactic.

I quit 11 years ago after 23 years of it. My best tool was the Allen Carr book- Easy Way to Quit Smoking.

Good luck! I've never been so happy to have anything out of my life.
Rabble Rouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Carly was it Wellbutrin or Chantix? I know a lot of people who've used Chantix to quit too.

Tanya, it sounds like you're off to an awesome start!! I hope the meds work well for you too.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Cindy, welbuprin, chantix, and zyban....they all have the same ingredient and work the same. The difference is manufacture and pricing really.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Great success with your first month back!

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabble Rouser View Post
Replacing it (like hiding in the break room!) is a good tactic.

I quit 11 years ago after 23 years of it. My best tool was the Allen Carr book- Easy Way to Quit Smoking.

Good luck! I've never been so happy to have anything out of my life.
I agree! Quitting smoking was the best gift I could have given myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Carly was it Wellbutrin or Chantix? I know a lot of people who've used Chantix to quit too.

Tanya, it sounds like you're off to an awesome start!! I hope the meds work well for you too.
Wellbutrin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Cindy, welbuprin, chantix, and zyban....they all have the same ingredient and work the same. The difference is manufacture and pricing really.
Wellbutrin and Zyban are the same. Chantix is a different medication. I have not personally known anyone who actually quit using Chantix and Chantix is not covered by many/any insurance companies, but Wellbutrin is since it is also an antidepressant. Zyban, the EXACT same medication is Not covered
Old 10-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

My husband tried chantix. He couldn't quit on it. He ended up stopping it because of side effects. I had a client years back that couldn't quit on chantix either. So two people I know that couldn't and cost a small fortune to try!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!!!

Just a little update, didn't want to start a new thread for it. Been on wellbutrin for 2 weeks now. Cant say I totally quit smoking but I am down to 2-3 cigs a day. Which is great really because I was 1 to 1 1/2 packs a day! Those 2-3 are mind over matter really. Don't really want them, but have a habit of smoking with coffee in the am and then again before bed.

The wellbutrin really has helped with mood swings. They aren't there which Is great! Stress at work would lead to a smoke, but now I can actually deal with a customer, then move on to the next task with out having to run out for that smoke. AND I don't want to take anyones head off for it!!!

I didn't have much of an appetite the first week. It really made me nauseas. But last 3 days I got my appetite back. I have had 3 up and away days back to back to back. But I figured I wont fight it. I will give this to myself and then Monday morning start the DD's again.

Now to work on not having the 2-3 cigs and we will be good!!!

Also!!!! Got my six month blood work back. I finally got my cholesterol and such in order. I have reach numbers that the doc said I don't need to take the statins. See I fought them on taking them, so they said fine..diet and fish oil pills see what I can do! and well I did it! BUT my A1C is at a bad level. It was 6.1. I have 6 months to get it to a much lower level or its meds for it. *Shakes head* work on one thing and something else goes wrong!!! I will get there. If I can lose 20 lbs I think that will help a lot!! So we will see!!!!

Anyways that's my little update!!!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ImmaZombie
Stats: SW: 296, CW: 268, 1st GW: 199, 2nd GW: 136
WOE: Counting Calories, interested in JUDDD
Start Date: June 2014; started counting
Hiya, katiebubb,

We don't know each other yet (I'm still new here), but I wanted to tell you congrats on quitting smoking. Going from a pack a day to 2-3 cigs is awesome. A friend of mine quit on wellbutrin years ago. All it took was one time, and she was done. I've had other friends try chantix and had to use it a few times for it to work.

Anyway, congrats and glad you got your appetite back. I look forward to seeing the day you say you haven't had any cigs in days. Take care and have an awesome weekend.
ImmaZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Thanks zombie! Welcome and nice to meet you!