Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
October JUDDD Newbies :)

to JUDDD

Post here to get all your questions answered and receive support from JUDDD veterans and other who may well be wondering about the same things.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gibbsgirl13072
Hi, I'm new here as well. I've been counting calories on another site, and managed to lose 18 pounds but have been stalled out for about a month. Some of that is just laziness on my part, but I'm tired of obsessing over calories and restricting and have tried a few 5:2 fast days. I haven't lost anything yet, but I haven't gained. It's a new month, and I'm jumping headfirst into JUDDD, hoping to bust through this stall and learn a new WOE that won't have me obsessing on a daily basis
Gibbsgirl13072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
GG! I hope we'll be hearing from lots of newbies this month. It's a great time of year to find JUDDD!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thank you! I'm excited to be here. Everyone is so positive.

I had an exercise question. I walk or bike ride several times a week, and was wondering if exercising on a DD would be better than an UD? Kind of like fasted cardio, and would burn more fat that way. Any thoughts?
Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #5

I've tried the exercise thing all different ways, and worryied about the timing and fat burning and all that, and what I finally landed on is.......I just do it when it fits into my life. It's the best way for me to keep at it. UD or DD, fasted or not. I seem to be able to do it any old time (that wasn't true in the beginning months of JUDDDing - I think my body had to adjust to the fasting first).

I think your body will tell you what it wants to do, if you listen. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I've exercised on UDs and DDs and never really notice much difference in performance. I never experimented to see which was best for burning fat, but I'm inclined to agree with Carol. Do it when you're able. Let your body tell you what it's capable of/comfortable with. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Hi JUDDDers

So I'm not a 'noobie' per se. I was here earlier in the year but switched from JUDDD to Atkins. But in all honesty, I think I prefer the JUDDD lifestyle so much better. I realize that I freak out so much when I am on Atkins and have to plan around a 'cheat' of sorts! Whereas when I was doing JUDDD if plans came around, I didn't freak out. All this is partly (ok entirely) because of the scale! I so addicted to the dumb thing (unhealthy I know!)...

Anyway, I am still finishing up the week (through tomorrow) on Atkins. This weekend we're going camping and I plan on it being a 'no-need-to-worry' type weekend and enjoy which will lead me up to Monday (10/6) being a my official first down day for my restart.

I love JUDDD as it helped me get from 200 (maybe I was 199) to where I am now for the most part and I was able to continue my losses with Atkins eating style. As of this morning I am at the lowest I've been in a long time (182.5). I know it will be quite a bounce when I weigh Monday morning but I know with JUDDD I'll be able to get it off and keep going!!

Thanks for reading if you've stayed with me this far

Pati
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fitchick68
Stats: 202.2/196.6/130-145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 29th 2014
Coming back...

Hey there..

I haven't been here in a while,have had a lot of things going on to keep me very busy but not too busy to notice that my weight was creeping up..then I was put on a new med and gained 20 lbs in a month..

Needless to say I came back and saw the JUDDD board and I thought..I might as well try it. I am doing it with my daughter in law and we started it this past Monday and we were gonna wait a week to weigh ourselves but I just had to take a peek today..:P

We are both doing 500 DD and just eating what we want on UD but not going overboard. We both have lost 3 lbs so we are pleasantly surprised.

I think once our weightloss slows down we might have to start counting calories on UD's too.But it seems to be working for us right now...I just hope we are doing it right...

Starting over on 9/29/14 - 202.2
CW - 196.6
GW - 130 - 145
fitchick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchick68 View Post
I am doing it with my daughter in law and we started it this past Monday and we were gonna wait a week to weigh ourselves but I just had to take a peek today..:P

We are both doing 500 DD and just eating what we want on UD but not going overboard. We both have lost 3 lbs so we are pleasantly surprised.

...I just hope we are doing it right...
and to JUDDD

Well done to the two of you for buckling down and seeing a positive outcome already. I don't think you need to fret about whether you're doing it right if you've already shed 3 lbs apiece.

You've got a good plan - stick with it until such time as you actually need to change. Any questions, do speak up. I hope that the two of you manage to integrate fasting into your WOL in a way that suits you and your assorted health and other goals. Good Luck!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Linda1960
Stats: 246/195/145
WOE: JUDDD/(combined with WW-type foods)
Start Date: Highest wt: 246/ Start JUDDD 8/18/2014 @ 209.8
quote=Gibbsgirl13072;17050474]Hi, I'm new here as well. I've been counting calories on another site, and managed to lose 18 pounds but have been stalled out for about a month. Some of that is just laziness on my part, but I'm tired of obsessing over calories and restricting and have tried a few 5:2 fast days. I haven't lost anything yet, but I haven't gained. It's a new month, and I'm jumping headfirst into JUDDD, hoping to bust through this stall and learn a new WOE that won't have me obsessing on a daily basis [/quote]

Gibbsgirl13072 Wishing you lots of luck in your weight loss journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Hi JUDDDers

So I'm not a 'noobie' per se. I was here earlier in the year but switched from JUDDD to Atkins. But in all honesty, I think I prefer the JUDDD lifestyle so much better. I realize that I freak out so much when I am on Atkins and have to plan around a 'cheat' of sorts! Whereas when I was doing JUDDD if plans came around, I didn't freak out. All this is partly (ok entirely) because of the scale! I so addicted to the dumb thing (unhealthy I know!)...

Pati
Welcome BACK 12yrslater......it's great seeing more people on these threads.

Quote:
Hey there..

I haven't been here in a while,have had a lot of things going on to keep me very busy but not too busy to notice that my weight was creeping up..then I was put on a new med and gained 20 lbs in a month..

I think once our weightloss slows down we might have to start counting calories on UD's too.But it seems to be working for us right now...I just hope we are doing it right...
I'm glad you came back fitchick68, and I hope you see wonderful things on the scale with JUDDD as well.

TO ALL THE OCTOBER NEWBIES! I just started JUDDD myself on Aug 18th, and I am so glad I took the plunge. The ladies on this board are amazing; they are the reasons I even tried this eating plan. I bought the book, read it cover to cover, and STILL wasn't sold that this would work.

Then, I chatted and asked a few questions of all the "veterans" on this eating plan, and jumped right in! I wasn't losing anything on all the other diets: Atkins, Nutrisystem, WW, etc........I've tried them all!

I am happily back in Onederland for the first time in years with JUDDD, and LOVING IT! Doesn't even seem like a diet; it's like some long-lost secret that has been locked away for years............and only a few people know about it!!!

Just to let you all know, I am eating to my Up Day Calorie Number (based on the calculation), but I continue eating 500 calories on my Down Days, and I have been losing pretty consistently. I only drop my UP DAY calorie number every 10 pounds based on the calculation. I will only drop the Down Day limit of 500 if the weight loss stops for 3 weeks or more......then I will tweak it. Hope that helps some of you out there who are wondering what some of us are doing; that helped me in the beginning!

So WELCOME.....

1998 - 246 lbs.-Highest weight Pre-Atkins. Lost 70 lbs on Atkins, and kept it off for years. Then gained some back (225) when I stopped doing low-carb. Did WW (225 - 209.8)/Started JUDDD 8/18/14 @ 209.8 lbs!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #11
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbsgirl13072 View Post

I had an exercise question. I walk or bike ride several times a week, and was wondering if exercising on a DD would be better than an UD? Kind of like fasted cardio, and would burn more fat that way. Any thoughts?
I run in the eaaarrrllllyyy morning and like to do it on UDs because I seem to be hungrier later in the day after a run. I also like to sleep in on DDs.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Hi JUDDDers

Anyway, I am still finishing up the week (through tomorrow) on Atkins. This weekend we're going camping and I plan on it being a 'no-need-to-worry' type weekend and enjoy which will lead me up to Monday (10/6) being a my official first down day for my restart.

I love JUDDD as it helped me get from 200 (maybe I was 199) to where I am now for the most part and I was able to continue my losses with Atkins eating style. As of this morning I am at the lowest I've been in a long time (182.5). I know it will be quite a bounce when I weigh Monday morning but I know with JUDDD I'll be able to get it off and keep going!!

Thanks for reading if you've stayed with me this far

Pati
back Pati! JUDDD is a great way to get back into WLM after a trip or vacation. Good luck, and have fun camping! Will there be s'mores??

Quote:
Hey there..

Needless to say I came back and saw the JUDDD board and I thought..I might as well try it. I am doing it with my daughter in law and we started it this past Monday and we were gonna wait a week to weigh ourselves but I just had to take a peek today..:P

back! It sounds like you and DIL are doing great, and how cool to have each other as support.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Hi, I'm new here as well. I've been counting calories on another site, and managed to lose 18 pounds but have been stalled out for about a month. Some of that is just laziness on my part, but I'm tired of obsessing over calories and restricting and have tried a few 5:2 fast days. I haven't lost anything yet, but I haven't gained. It's a new month, and I'm jumping headfirst into JUDDD, hoping to bust through this stall and learn a new WOE that won't have me obsessing on a daily basis
!!!! I hope you love JUDDDing as much as I do.

Quote:

I exercise on UD and DD. It doesn't seem to matter to me at all. Your body will let you know.

Quote:
Hi JUDDDers

Pati
back!!!!

Quote:
Hey there..

back to you, too!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes! I have been walking when I can, sometimes I'm worn out from work, or have walked at work and counted that as exercise for the day. Sometimes I feel like riding my bike, sometimes not. The roads in my town look flat when you're driving! I enjoy yoga too, but I've slacked off of that lately in favor of something that burns a few more calories.

So far I'm loving juddd! I may have my husband interested too, which would make those DDs a little easier for me!
Old 10-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So far I'm loving juddd! I may have my husband interested too, which would make those DDs a little easier for me!
My DW has JUDDDed with me periodically (more off than on), but it is nice to have a partner. However, she knows she is responsible to feed herself on my DDs when she is not JUDDDing.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My DW has JUDDDed with me periodically (more off than on), but it is nice to have a partner. However, she knows she is responsible to feed herself on my DDs when she is not JUDDDing.
Mine is happy with making himself a sandwich or whatever, I still have a hard time cooking on a DD and not sitting down to eat with the family. One good thing is fall is a busy time with school activities and I'm only cooking a couple of nights a week during football season, lol.

My daughter is almost 16, and she doesn't know I fast. Not that it's a bad thing, but kids are impressionable and I don't want to send the wrong message, kwim? Anyhoo, I love that this woe is flexible and so far seems to be fitting into my daily life!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snackycake
Stats: 145.8/125.4/125
WOE: LC + JUDDD
Start Date: July 2014
Hi, I'm new! As I mentioned in the thread I started yesterday, I've been doing Atkins successfully for the last almost 3 months, but I've hit a previous weight "set point" for my body and can sense a stall coming on. Also, I've been allowing some calorie creep, which just doesn't work when you've got less to lose. I saw all the super-successful JUDDDers on the boards here and got curious, and decided to give it a shot! One DD under my belt so far, and hoping the combo of LC and JUDDD will be the silver bullet for me.
Snackycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackycake View Post
Hi, I'm new! As I mentioned in the thread I started yesterday, I've been doing Atkins successfully for the last almost 3 months, but I've hit a previous weight "set point" for my body and can sense a stall coming on. Also, I've been allowing some calorie creep, which just doesn't work when you've got less to lose. I saw all the super-successful JUDDDers on the boards here and got curious, and decided to give it a shot! One DD under my belt so far, and hoping the combo of LC and JUDDD will be the silver bullet for me.

(How do you sense a stall coming on? I'm totally curious.)
Old 10-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
(How do you sense a stall coming on? I'm totally curious.)
Haha, totally fair question! So for the past week or two, I've been bouncing between 135.2 lbs and 136 lbs, never ever breaking through the 135 lb barrier. I started LC at close to 146, but that was a relatively recent weight for me - I'd only been at that weight 11 months, and it was a lifetime high. In fact, since my early 20s, **135** was the weight my body settled at and (except for one glorious summer 4 years ago) stubbornly refused to move from despite assorted efforts at calorie restriction, exercise, etc. It's not a good weight for me, since although it doesn't sound very high for my height (5'4''), at 135 I'm still plenty jiggly in basically all the places, including my belly, which we know to be an unhealthy spot to carry weight.

So in some ways I sort of expected to hit a brick wall when I got to 135 since that's what I've been accustomed to with my previous weight loss attempts for the past 4 years. So, having been 135 lbs for about ~6 years cumulatively, I imagine it's become one of those "set points" for me, where your body will let you lose to that level but then put up a serious fight if you try to go any further. And since I have been "paused" (not technically a "stall" yet) for the past two weeks, right where I'd expected to run into a problem, that's why I say I can "feel" a stall coming on. So I'm trying to shake things up and nip it in the bud early!

Hopefully that makes sense!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bittypunk
Stats: 198/190/100
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: October 2014
Hello everyone, I have been peeping into the JUDDD forums off and on and finally decided to join. I am at 199 lbs, looking to offload some.

My doctor has recommended a weight loss goal of only 8% of total weight per 6 months. What do you all veterans think of this? I cant imagine having to wait for 4 years to reach my ideal weight.
bittypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittypunk View Post
I am at 199 lbs, looking to offload some.

My doctor has recommended a weight loss goal of only 8% of total weight per 6 months....I cant imagine having to wait for 4 years to reach my ideal weight.
bitty punk - and a warm to JUDDD.

It's tricky to comment on your doctor's advice and it's not obvious whether there's some reason for that in your medical history that we don't know about (nor should we - you're entitled to your privacy ).

However, the time will pass, the doctor might revise the schedule depending on your results and any health gains. That said altho' I need you to tolerate me doing this in 10%: 6 months 180lbs; 12 months 162lbs; 18months 148lbs; 24months; 133lbs; 30months 120lbs; 36months 108lbs; 42months 97lbs; 48months 87lbs.

Your figures will be a little different to the above but they're ballpark. Are you looking to halve your starting weight?

If there is a medical reason behind that slow recommendation, we've often been curious at what would happen if someone took the slower approach of the higher DD allowances and regularly entered weight loss maintenance to sustain their metabolic rate. That might suit you and your needs very well.

Good Luck integrating JUDDD into your life. Any questions, do speak up.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:27 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Haha, totally fair question! So for the past week or two, I've been bouncing between 135.2 lbs and 136 lbs, never ever breaking through the 135 lb barrier. I started LC at close to 146, but that was a relatively recent weight for me - I'd only been at that weight 11 months, and it was a lifetime high. In fact, since my early 20s, **135** was the weight my body settled at and (except for one glorious summer 4 years ago) stubbornly refused to move from despite assorted efforts at calorie restriction, exercise, etc. It's not a good weight for me, since although it doesn't sound very high for my height (5'4''), at 135 I'm still plenty jiggly in basically all the places, including my belly, which we know to be an unhealthy spot to carry weight.

So in some ways I sort of expected to hit a brick wall when I got to 135 since that's what I've been accustomed to with my previous weight loss attempts for the past 4 years. So, having been 135 lbs for about ~6 years cumulatively, I imagine it's become one of those "set points" for me, where your body will let you lose to that level but then put up a serious fight if you try to go any further. And since I have been "paused" (not technically a "stall" yet) for the past two weeks, right where I'd expected to run into a problem, that's why I say I can "feel" a stall coming on. So I'm trying to shake things up and nip it in the bud early!

Hopefully that makes sense!
So much for my "I can feel a stall coming on at 135 lbs" theory! Woke up this morning, after an UD no less, and hit 134.8 on the scale! No idea if it's too early to attribute the breakthrough to JUDDD, but if not . . . I'm sold!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #23
GME

Quote:
Hello everyone, I have been peeping into the JUDDD forums off and on and finally decided to join. I am at 199 lbs, looking to offload some.

My doctor has recommended a weight loss goal of only 8% of total weight per 6 months. What do you all veterans think of this? I cant imagine having to wait for 4 years to reach my ideal weight.
Welcome to JUDDD.

Your doctor's recommendation is certainly achievable. That would be roughly 15-16 lbs over the next year. I imagine he is thinking if a patient can lose that and keep it off the are much better off. I think the "keeping it off" part is key. So many diets leave you heavier a year later than you started.

Having said that, you can probably lose more quickly than that. A pound a week seems pretty normal from what I have seen around here (it is my rate anyway). Slow enough to be sustainable, but quick enough that you see some progress.

I think a pound a month would be too slow for me to monitor and I likely give up- but it is certainly better than gaining a pound a month, which is what I have done for many of my adult years. Maybe that's what your doctor is thinking- lose some and don't gain the rest.

7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won! 9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won! 12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K- I won!
2/7/15 - Together Love Run 5K, 3/22/15- She is Beautiful 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #24
GME

Quote:
So much for my "I can feel a stall coming on at 135 lbs" theory! Woke up this morning, after an UD no less, and hit 134.8 on the scale! No idea if it's too early to attribute the breakthrough to JUDDD, but if not . . . I'm sold!
Congratulations!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rabble Rouser
Quote:
Mine is happy with making himself a sandwich or whatever, I still have a hard time cooking on a DD and not sitting down to eat with the family. One good thing is fall is a busy time with school activities and I'm only cooking a couple of nights a week during football season, lol.

My daughter is almost 16, and she doesn't know I fast. Not that it's a bad thing, but kids are impressionable and I don't want to send the wrong message, kwim? Anyhoo, I love that this woe is flexible and so far seems to be fitting into my daily life!
I started last month and am not letting my 14 year old daughter in on exactly what I'm doing. I figure it's bad enough she knows I've been dieting most of the year. She's very supportive and open minded but I'd rather not put any ideas into her head, given her age. Though she'd probably be all for it, because we eat out a lot more than when I'm dieting every day.
Rabble Rouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

If you follow JUDDD, ultimately your body will decide how quickly you lose the weight. Now if it is medically necessary to lose at a certain pace than you may need to tweak your plan, but basically- your body is in charge on this one.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Catalinagal
Good morning everyone! I have been reading around the forum and am so impressed with all your losses.
I have been following a low carb (30g or less per day) for ten years (type 2 diabetic) and unlike others where the weight drips off, it hasn't happened for me. So, yesterday was my first down day (510 cal.) and today an up day. I was not hungry and I am excited to see how this works and look forward to seeing success.
Catalinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Quote:
SC! Wow, so glad you passed by that "set point" and the stall you thought was coming. Continued good luck!

Quote:

BP! I would be interested to know your doctor's reasoning too. If you're otherwise healthy, I would think you'll be able to do more than that quite easily. But maybe he/she is trying to make it seem less intimidating. Less intense restriction and all that, but I agree with you, stretching it out that long seems kinda intimidating too! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalinagal View Post
Good morning everyone! I have been reading around the forum and am so impressed with all your losses.
I have been following a low carb (30g or less per day) for ten years (type 2 diabetic) and unlike others where the weight drips off, it hasn't happened for me. So, yesterday was my first down day (510 cal.) and today an up day. I was not hungry and I am excited to see how this works and look forward to seeing success.
CG! How great that your first DD was so non-hungry. That doesn't happen for everyone. Lots and lots of us came from LC to JUDDD, so you're in good company. I assume you'll stick mostly with LC for the time being, with your Type 2. But several here have gone on to add carbs back in AND get rid of or control their diabetes. It's quite inspiring, and hopefully you'll get to read some of those stories. Carly comes to mind as a great example, so hopefully she'll chime in, or you can seek out her posts. Good luck!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Catalinagal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
SC! Wow, so glad you passed by that "set point" and the stall you thought was coming. Continued good luck!

BP! I would be interested to know your doctor's reasoning too. If you're otherwise healthy, I would think you'll be able to do more than that quite easily. But maybe he/she is trying to make it seem less intimidating. Less intense restriction and all that, but I agree with you, stretching it out that long seems kinda intimidating too! Good luck!

CG! How great that your first DD was so non-hungry. That doesn't happen for everyone. Lots and lots of us came from LC to JUDDD, so you're in good company. I assume you'll stick mostly with LC for the time being, with your Type 2. But several here have gone on to add carbs back in AND get rid of or control their diabetes. It's quite inspiring, and hopefully you'll get to read some of those stories. Carly comes to mind as a great example, so hopefully she'll chime in, or you can seek out her posts. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the welcome. Yes, Carly is one of the ladies whose success had me going "WOW", but all of the folks here seem to be doing so well, it is very encouraging to read all the different posts.

As for diabetes, once a diabetic, always a diabetic, but even though I am well controlled, I am one slice of bread from a high number (I think my last bread was ten years ago, except for the almond & flax breads I make). I dunno if it is a fluke or not, but I dropped 1-1/2 pounds since yesterday.
Catalinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
!!!

Quote:
Thank you so much for the welcome. Yes, Carly is one of the ladies whose success had me going "WOW", but all of the folks here seem to be doing so well, it is very encouraging to read all the different posts.

As for diabetes, once a diabetic, always a diabetic, but even though I am well controlled, I am one slice of bread from a high number (I think my last bread was ten years ago, except for the almond & flax breads I make). I dunno if it is a fluke or not, but I dropped 1-1/2 pounds since yesterday.
I am officially a recovered diabetic. I used to require an injection 2x per day and even with that my A1c was 9.8
I have been off all medication for over 2 years, have totally normal A1c and I eat all the carbs I like.
---JUDDD is AMAZING---