Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
WOE: LC JUDDD 1888/378
Start Date: 7/7/14 JUDDD
Confessions of a carb binger

Hard to face...harder to admit.... but in the hopes that it will help someone else I'll share my journal entry this morning...

9/4 UD........199.6
9/5 UD........199.2
9/6 UD........****

9/7 DD........202

Never mind not weighing today because I don't want to know. I'm out of control with food and carbs and I need to write it down not ignore it. Ignoring it is how I regained all my weight. I stopped weighing because I couldn't stop eating NOT THIS TIME!!! If I had stepped on the scale yesterday I may have been able to come to my senses and not have binged all day long.

OK so I overdid and I'm beating myself up over it but I can stop that now... it's just a few tiny pounds not 50.... better get back in control now than months or years later. Better to self examine how these 3 out of control UD's made me feel......

Awful.... they made me feel awful..... I can't say I enjoyed them because instead of enjoying the food I was eating mindlessly.

DH ordered pizza Friday night it was cold and bad.... I ate 2 slices even though it wasn't good. The 2nd slice I basically forced myself to keep eating because my body and brain was screaming throw it away!!! How crazy is that?

Yesterday I couldn't even tell you what I ate... it's all a blurr... I remember cinnamon crunch cereal, nutter butter cookies, tuna and crackers, gold fish by handfuls ....no enjoyment just shoveling it in. DD brought in some cold dry burgers...yeah I ate them.

I need to recognize my body is fighting the weight loss. I need to always remember too many carbs sends me into a binge. I need to always face that scale in the morning and be accountable to myself.
9/1 201
10/1.....
My 7 favorite little people call me Granny Kimmy but you can call me Kim.
dixiegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
This is a commendably brave post and it addresses a topic that has been bothering me lately as I read around: I can only say that you have recognised what happened and triggered it and caught it early, rather than 'awakening' several weeks or months down the track.

JUDDD is only a schedule - as Nancy's tagline says, JUDDD just cares about calories. JUDDD doesn't care about where the kcals come from: your body probably does.

More later, but I wanted you to know that this has been seen.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Kim, I think we all do this to some extent. It's not something to cause you to berate yourself, but rather a learning opportunity. You saw what was happening, and remembered the tools you need to use to deal with it. I call that a win!

I've been "maintaining" more or less for a good year and a half, and I still have days where I just eat whatever. They always result in a gain. It always takes several weeks to get rid of the damage, and yet I still do it. It's not the end of the world; really it's just a blip in the long-term scheme, as long as you don't let it go on for days, weeks, months.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/155.6/149.8
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 20.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Kim, I think we all do this to some extent. It's not something to cause you to berate yourself, but rather a learning opportunity. You saw what was happening, and remembered the tools you need to use to deal with it. I call that a win!

I've been "maintaining" more or less for a good year and a half, and I still have days where I just eat whatever. They always result in a gain. It always takes several weeks to get rid of the damage, and yet I still do it. It's not the end of the world; really it's just a blip in the long-term scheme, as long as you don't let it go on for days, weeks, months.
I can never improve on Dawn's posts!

Kim - I copied this from your weigh in on the "weigh in thread": 9/7 DD........202 Jumping back up on that horse...I got this!

Yes - "you got this!" You're not "going to sleep" (I call it) by avoiding the scale.

ETA: JUDDD is forgiving - you'll drop that UUAD in 1 or 2 DDs.

Last edited by Heather; 09-07-2014 at 08:34 AM..
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Kim- you caught yourself in just a couple days. You saw what was going on and that you wanted to change that. You are getting back on track and in a few weeks this will just be a tiny bump in your rearview mirror.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Kim, don't worry. You're here and you've recognized what is going on. These things happen. I have days like Dawn said where I eat whatever I feel like. It can be remedied and you'll do it!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

I can't thank all of you enough for the kind words and support

I had hoped to be on here a lot today to help me stay on track but ended up having wonderful surprise, company from Texas. My nephews Today ended up being another UD with Sunday dinner for kids, grandkids, nephews but that's ok because even though calories where high there was no binging or over eating on my part and sometimes family gatherings are all about good food,good times and memories. As long as I can stay in control I'm ok with that.

Last edited by dixiegal; 09-07-2014 at 05:45 PM..
Old 09-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegal View Post
Today ended up being another UD with Sunday dinner for kids, grandkids, nephews but that's ok because even though calories where high there was no binging or over eating on my part and sometimes family gatherings are all about good food,good times and memories. As long as I can stay in control I'm ok with that.
This sounds wonderful. I'm glad it was a good day.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm glad you had a great day with your family and kept your mind off the bad feelings you were having. The guilt feelings are only good because they can get you back on track, but not good to dwell on them and feel bad about yourself. No one can be perfect all the time. Those that really can, I'm convinced, don't really enjoy food at all, and don't understand those of us who do.

I'll quote a nutritionist I was reading recently, who said "If you think what you just ate was bad for you, you are right." She's referring to the stress and guilt feelings we put on ourselves, and all the hormonal and chemical reactions that triggers in our bodies (cortisol). And we all know what those things do to weight loss efforts. So if you're going to eat something, fully enjoy it!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14

I've stopped thinking of "good food bad food" instead I ask myself do I really really want this and if the answer is yes, I eat slowly and savor.

I love popcorn and hadn't had any for several months. Today its what I wanted. I knew I wouldn't stop thinking about it until I had some. So I did. Damn it was good!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:07 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
.... I'll quote a nutritionist I was reading recently, who said "If you think what you just ate was bad for you, you are right." She's referring to the stress and guilt feelings we put on ourselves, and all the hormonal and chemical reactions that triggers in our bodies (cortisol). And we all know what those things do to weight loss efforts. So if you're going to eat something, fully enjoy it!
LCG, that is one of the most brilliant things I have ever read! I want to put it on a banner!

Kim, you handled this wonderfully. You recognized what was happening and took control of it. NBD - put it behind you. Onward and downward!!!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:52 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'll quote a nutritionist I was reading recently, who said "If you think what you just ate was bad for you, you are right." She's referring to the stress and guilt feelings we put on ourselves, and all the hormonal and chemical reactions that triggers in our bodies (cortisol). And we all know what those things do to weight loss efforts. So if you're going to eat something, fully enjoy it!
I'm finding this to be very true. Along with juddd one of my goals has been to keep diet stress out of my life. I believe it's what caused failures in the past. Accepting and not judging ourselves is a huge part of that.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
"Confessions of a carb binger

Never mind not weighing today because I don't want to know. I'm out of control with food and carbs and I need to write it down not ignore it.

Awful.... they made me feel awful..... I can't say I enjoyed them because instead of enjoying the food I was eating mindlessly.

DH ordered pizza Friday night it was cold and bad.... I ate 2 slices even though it wasn't good. The 2nd slice I basically forced myself to keep eating because my body and brain was screaming throw it away!!! How crazy is that?

Yesterday I couldn't even tell you what I ate... it's all a blurr... I remember cinnamon crunch cereal, nutter butter cookies, tuna and crackers, gold fish by handfuls ....no enjoyment just shoveling it in.

I need to recognize my body is fighting the weight loss. I need to always remember too many carbs sends me into a binge. I need to always face that scale in the morning and be accountable to myself."

Wow, this thread is what I needed to see today. A special thanks to Kim for starting it! This past weekend I had a three-day carb binge. I got home on Tuesday...didn't weigh myself till after my DD on Wednesday. I wasn't actually up that much, but I've been feeling so fat since I came home (I'm only actually up to 132). To top it off, DH told me last night that I LOOKED like I had been binging. So it's not my imagination (it's the bloating). I can do JUDDD so well, but I get off of it for a day or two and I just go crazy with the carbs. I really do appreciate that I can maintain so well when I stick to this...but we're going on a two-week trip soon and I want to do a good job of eating healthy and not going overboard. I honestly enjoy my food so much more when I'm JUDDDing!

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

"You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
Oliver Goldsmith

"Make peace with the past so it won't screw up the present." Regina Britt
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh Shirl, I kind of want to slap your DH. Bloat is bloat, and it will go away pretty fast. I think the real problem is how it makes you FEEL. Maybe the memory of that will help you on your upcoming trip.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Oh Shirl, I kind of want to slap your DH. Bloat is bloat, and it will go away pretty fast. I think the real problem is how it makes you FEEL. Maybe the memory of that will help you on your upcoming trip.
Honestly, Carol, I love him dearly, but I can't seem to get across to him how hurtful comments like that are. I have to keep reminding myself I am doing this for me!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
when i do go overboard, i wouldn't want to show ANYONE what my journal looks like. i've gotten to the point where i don't weigh myself for a few days after those kind of days. i know successful dieters weigh daily, but the scale can really discourage me. so why not? as long as i'm not going overboard day after day, week after week, it will come off. as long as i'm honest with myself. JUDDD is always faithful to stabilize the scale.

also, i don't necessarily knock feeling binge-y because after i do have a feeding day, i'm content for many days afterward. withholding, is harder on my nerves than the actual overeating. so i get the "want to eat MORE" over with, and i'm on my way and okay with it.

i've had, probably, a binge once every two weeks or so (3500-4000 calories). always afterward, i'm ready to move on and continue with JUDDD. i believe it could very well be my body trying to regain the weight. i'm working at not beating myself over the head anymore when days come up on like this. it's nature trying to keep me from starvation.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote