Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muncheechee
Stats: 261/235/145 (5'6")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/14/14
how to juddd with a man?

For those of you who have a juddd'ing hubby, I have a couple questions. Dh is joining me with his first DD today and I'm just curious what has worked for other couples.

How do you handle DD? Do you eat the same dinner or do you choose your own food and/or time to eat?

Does your dh count his calories?
muncheechee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
My DH did JUDDD just for a short time. He's since had WLS. He does nearly all the cooking in the house, but hates to count calories and figure out what/how much make up DD calories, so I'd just tell him what and how much to cook.

I know there are others with much more experience with JUDDDing DHs, so hopefully they will pop in.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Dawn. I guess what throws me is that he and I approach weight loss so differently. I plan out my day's meals in advance and want too know everything about the program I'm following. Dh seems content to be sort of clueless and he's never counted calories in his life. I don't get it, lol.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
My DH and I follow JUDDD together and we work together. Makes it easy. He does tend to eat more on a DD than I do, but whatever extra he throws in is on his own.

If he has eaten the same as I have on a DD, he sometimes adds an adult beverage in during the evenings.

We tend to make a big dinner on Up days and the leftovers for that are what we serve the kids on a Down day for their evening meal.

WARNING, my DH WHEN FOCUSED drops weight quickly. I have to be very careful that I don't get resentful about it. He barely restarted in mid-July and in 10 days had dropped 17 pounds while I was still working on droppinig 3! MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
My DW has JUDDDed on and off a few times with me. More off then on, but when she is JUDDDing I go back to EOD and I prepare some of our food, but we like different DD foods. If she wants a big salad to go with some tuna, I'll chop and weigh her salad ingredients out. If I feel super generous I'll sauté a few shrimp for her, but I don't eat it. I help her with ideas and help her figure out how best to spend her DD calories- if she asks. Just this evening she said she is going back to JUDDD after her birthday on 9/2.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
When I re-started at the beginning of the month my DH started with me. We are both doing MWF DDs and he has no clue on calories for anything so he asks me about everything. On most DDs he just eats HB eggs or plums when he feels hungry to simplify things and doesn't count on UDs. He has quite a few more calories than I do but he is a guy, an avid runner and has only a bit of weight to lose (grrrrrrr).
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JoLi
Stats: 196/191.5/160
Start Date: 8/19/14
This is the second time DH and I have done JUDD together. On down day's he eats what I make mostly. We eat our meal around 4 or 5, usually when I get up. We eat bascially the same things most days, it's just easier. He loves his up days. We do down days M-W-F. It's just easier to do this. I work different nights, sometimes 5 in a row. We find it easier to stick to the same schedule.
JoLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I can say that eating almost no variety on DDs makes it super-simple for my DH and I both. We've been JUDDing together for over 2 1/2 years, and it's pretty easy.

Two of the things we eat almost every DD are eggs and my low-calorie protein shakes. This summer, I've also been making a simple no-calorie snow cone syrup with Splenda, water, and unsweetened Kool-Aid packs. My Ninja makes great snow cone ice, so DH likes to have that for a snack. He's very busy and is gone a lot, so he eats whenever he needs to. I'll fix things for him if he wants, but he usually makes his own eggs. (I can't, for the life of me, flip those suckers for over-easy without tearing them up!)

We don't count calories on UDs, and frequently don't eat together. I love to cook, though, so I make something really special 2-3 days a week, and we enjoy the leftovers for lunch or snacks.

I'm grateful to have a hubby who is very flexible and totally un-demanding. He's always willing to go along with whatever I want to do. JUDDD makes us very happy.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
My husband doesn’t eat at all on down days, which makes it very easy. As he moves into maintenance, he’s thinking of keeping to the alternating pattern, but with one or two fasting days a week and the others he’ll just have an evening meal. I often just have one or two down days per week too, so I’ll do those on his fasting days.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:59 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
We maintain the rotation together. But, since we have vastly different ideas about what constitutes 'food', for decades we have each prepared our own meal.

I have offered to prep his meals and count his calories. But, he prefers to DIY.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:12 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
My DH JUDDDs alongside me and we both follow 4:3. I'm the one responsible for menu choices and will prep all the meals in a week, including breakfast and packed lunches.

DH has no clue at all about kcal levels or portion sizes. Irritatingly, he still sees that sort of thing as irrelevant so I can't trust him to portion things correctly or even to purchase an exact item (e.g., Fat Free Greek Yoghurt v. Full Fat).

So, much depends on your DH and what information he's likely to retain and how committed he is to weight management and adhering to an eating schedule.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for your responses. Dh is finding his groove though he doesn't count calories like I do... he mostly just counts on DD which is made easy since we only eat dinner on DD. However, some days he is up by 9am and then has to work most of the night so he'll have a 20+ hr day and he's trying to figure out how best to handle that. That's his schedule today so he's got a can of light soup to eat in the middle of the night of needed. Thankfully, juddd is flexible!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
My Honey has the best success when he stays on the same schedule as I do. He eats nothing on Down Days, as he finds that easier than restricting himself. He is pretty active(lots of biking and weekly weight training) and he does not change his activity level on Down Days. If anything, he does more, trying to keep busy so that the mental desire for food won't over take him. On Up Days he just eats what I give him, plus whatever else he wants. (Neither of us count calories on Up Days.)
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
It’s interesting that several of the men seem to opt for not eating at all on down days. I know I’ve seen a few articles about differences between the effect of fasting on men and women. I don’t suppose an awful lot is know yet, but it’ll be interesting when they do finally start learning some of those kind of details.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote