Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muncheechee
Stats: 263/259/145
WOE: JUDDD newbie
Start Date: 8/14/14
DD question

Just wondering if many of you fast on your dd until dinner? I did that yesterday (my first dd) and it worked out well. I had to fast until late afternoon anyway for some blood work so I just kept going until dinner. I really enjoyed and appreciated that dinner! I had lots of liquids up till dinner including a few cups of chicken broth that was very satisfying.

I'll play around with how I spend my calories on dd but I was just curious if fasting all day with one really good meal seemed to work well for many of you?
muncheechee is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Many JUDDD BUDDDs do exactly that. I prefer to spread my calories out, but there are lots of success stories on this board who delay eating until dinner every DD. Some, like Carly, use that strategy for both UDs and DDs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Usually I have a huge mug off coffee with 1T-2T of HWC (50-100 calories) either mid-morning or around lunch time. Then I try and save the rest for dinner. That works best for me. But there have been DDs where I really feel like I need something on my stomach, and then I just try and listen to my body.

I'm not real good at this, but lately I've been doing better at it. When I have that uncomfortable stomach hunger feeling early on a DD I just have a bite of something. The other day I had one spoonful of cottage cheese. One other day I had one bite of steak. In the past I was either all or nothing. I couldn't have stopped at one bite. But it satisfied my need for taste (sometimes I get that bad taste in my mouth) and also calmed my stomach just enough.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Many JUDDD BUDDDs do exactly that. I prefer to spread my calories out, but there are lots of success stories on this board who delay eating until dinner every DD. Some, like Carly, use that strategy for both UDs and DDs.
I fast until a bedtime snack on DD around 9pm. In maintenance some DDs I have coffee w/ creamer during the day. During WLM I generally just had black tea or green tea till bedtime snack. Most UDs I have a cup of coffee in the morning w/ creamer, a latte around 1pm and then a nice size dinner. Every now and then on UD I eat something light during the day, but that is definitely the exception.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/129/120
WOE: JUDDD + <20g carb
On DD's normally I wait until dinner time to have my meal.
On UD's I eat breakfast and then nothing until dinner. That way I have the continuity of not eating at work, and it reinforces that hunger isn't an emergency.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<275/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I can't do it...it gives me BAD insomnia!
I have to eat 20-25g protein in the morning, ASAP!

But it's a great strategy, if it works for you!
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ab_54
Stats: 304/234/220 6'2. 34 y.o.
WOE: Modified 4:3 using JUDDD restrictions
Start Date: JUDDD 4.17.14
Put me in the camp of fast till dinner minus coffee and water. I tried a couple weeks of blueberries and carrots for lunch on DD, but overall I'm just happier fasting. It's more a simplicity thing for me.
ab_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:56 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
I usually wait as long as possible to eat. Except for tea or coffee in the morning.
I do sort of a fast 5 eating window most days, except it's not always 5 hours. I usually get home about 4, that's when my window opens. Sometimes I'm done by 6, sometimes it's as late as 9. At least that's my school schedule. Now summer....that's a different story.
BirdieNell is offline   Reply With Quote