Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
WOE: JUDDD
Switching the rotation

Hi All!

So the DH told me his brother wants to have a BBQ on Saturday. This works, because I can have steak (oh, beloved STEAK! ). But, Saturday was a planned DD.
If I remember correctly, to use MDs, it's best to go DD, MD, then UD, right?

If so, then I could do my DD today, MD tomorrow, and enjoy my UD.
My question is, what level MD should I use? There's weight loss/maintenance, which is 40-45%, or maintenance, which is 50%. I'm thinking I could handle 650-730 cals, which is the 40-45%. If I'm desperate, I'll go up to 50% (~800 cals), but I'm fairly confident with the even-keel blood sugar (low-carb) I'll be fine.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'm fine with MDs, I know that lots of people don't like them or get thrown by them.

It's absolutely none of my business but you've mentioned that you can sometimes experience problems with restriction and this is a case where I'm going to recommend something that I don't do but this is in the context of me being in maintenance.

If you do DD, MD, UD, you'll have had 2 restricted days before an UD. If this felt OK to you, then fine - but if you even think that you might be triggered then I'd suggest that you just have that extra UD and live with it. It might be problematic if you had 4 occasions like this a month but for a one-off, NBD.

Depending on when I kayak, yes, I have sequences at the weekend of UD, MD, DD, UD but I have the maintenance allowance guiding what i can eat for an MD or DD so it's not a tiny MD followed by a tiny DD. So, as ever, I often feel that what I do works for me in the context of my life but is largely irrelevant for most other people.

Hence the disconnect between my Advice to Others and what I actually do.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:36 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm fine with MDs, I know that lots of people don't like them or get thrown by them.

It's absolutely none of my business but you've mentioned that you can sometimes experience problems with restriction and this is a case where I'm going to recommend something that I don't do but this is in the context of me being in maintenance.

If you do DD, MD, UD, you'll have had 2 restricted days before an UD. If this felt OK to you, then fine - but if you even think that you might be triggered then I'd suggest that you just have that extra UD and live with it. It might be problematic if you had 4 occasions like this a month but for a one-off, NBD.

Depending on when I kayak, yes, I have sequences at the weekend of UD, MD, DD, UD but I have the maintenance allowance guiding what i can eat for an MD or DD so it's not a tiny MD followed by a tiny DD. So, as ever, I often feel that what I do works for me in the context of my life but is largely irrelevant for most other people.

Hence the disconnect between my Advice to Others and what I actually do.
Thanks Slowsure.
In the past, I have had problems with restriction. I think a lot of that was fueled by head hunger + carbohydrate obsession. Right now I feel pretty secure with the level blood sugar, so I don't think it'll be a problem. I've been doing ketogenic diet for about 2 weeks now, and I haven't been over-exercising.

I'm gonna try out an MD, but if I feel off then I'll just scale up to a UD.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
A MD is the average between UD and DD calories. It works out to 60% on the calculator.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:25 AM   #5
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
When I've done a MD after a DD, I've never felt 'restricted.' Anything after a DD seems like total feast to me
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote