Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
August Daily Chat

Well, we all know that we have opinions, events, and generally things to discuss: This is where JUDDD BUDDs swap their thoughts and news.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

New goal is a range of 110-115lbs (i.e., DD-UD range within a week). As most of you know, this is not a weight goal as such, it's a body fat goal. (I want to reduce to 25% body fat from my current approx. 30%.) Once I reach that weight, I'll see if it's practical to reduce it by another 3-5 lbs which would put me at approx 23%.

August 1 114.4lbs DD

Not surprised by bouncing up from my 112.8lbs low: I've a lot of swelling from the horsefly bite and we were out to dinner last night.

Good Luck to everyone who's facing down the scales.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:02 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
WOE: JUDDD
Hihi!

I'm back to JUDDD again. I think this time will go over better, as I'm incorporating lc with JUDDD, and not using UDs as an excuse to eat anything/everything.

Slowsure - I'm not sure I've ever been bite by a horsefly. Is it like a wasp sting? Hope you're on the mend!
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:06 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Slowsure - I'm not sure I've ever been bite by a horsefly. Is it like a wasp sting? Hope you're on the mend!
Hello again and to the party as a JUDDD rebooter (rebooters have a good record here)

Horseflies actually cut you to feed so it's a vicious bite. It's not unusual for people to develop headache, fever, allergies, dizziness etc. as a response and the bites readily become infected.

You can tell this is a good start to the month, I posted my weight in the wrong place
Old 08-01-2014, 03:16 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement Slowsure. It's early days yet, but I think I have my head on straight this time.

The horsefly bite sounds horrible. My sympathies.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/159/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I'm making an effort to be more involved in daily chat, but having said that, I won't be around much because of vacation. Having said that, Ill be staying with family and am likely to be checking in here when I need an escape. I love them, and am excited to be going back over the pond (haven't seen my parents for three years ), but I'm still aware that I need to schedule some alone time in order to deal with them! Now that I live alone, it's reminded me of how important solitude is to me, and although I'm very gregarious and love being with other people, I also really need to be alone at the start and end of the day. I really love that I learn how to take care of myself better and better the older I get.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing today
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:55 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I won't be around much because of vacation.
When does your vacation start? I hope you will be in a part of the UK that is enjoying sunshine rather than the forecast rain storms.

Some time to yourself is so important and I hope that your family honours that need. Good luck!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:07 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

I'm heading over on Sunday. Funny, I just this minute checked the forecast. Looks like it'll be sunny and 70 degrees in my hometown. I can handle that! I might be down in your neck of the woods visiting friends if I get time. I'll wave to anyone I see kayaking, just in case!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:21 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
Hi, happy August, all! I'm jumping in here on this thread, didn't really get to read the last bit of the July one -- but I hope everyone is doing well today (or better if you've been having a hard time).

*waving from a DD*
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 170+/157/130
Start Date: July 2014
I can't believe it's already August D:

For happy news, I am down 2lbs this week! Woohoo! Weighed in at 163 this morning!
sugarfreepopsicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Sugarfree, that's wonderful! You done good, girl!

SlowSure, I didn't know that about horseflies. Don't see a lot of them in Dallas, but I have in other parts of the country and they don't look friendly. Dallas has some nasty varmints of its own, tho, my least favorites being chiggers and fire ants, neither of which did we have all those years I lived in Oregon.

Thank you for starting the August thread.

Alcestis, have a wonderful trip, and I hope your loved ones will respect your need for alone time. I understand that need perfectly. I hope this doesn't sound unkind, but while people are concerned about my being lonely since I had to place DH in assisted living, I seldom am. DH was very talkative, and always had to have the TV on or have music playing, and the truth is, after about 45 years of constant chatter and noise, the solitude I now enjoy is delicious! Mind you, I do visit him regularly, am involved in things through my church, do see family and friends, and enjoy the company of other people very much, but it's nice to have the option of being alone with just my kitty and my crochet or a good book.

Be sure to tell us all about your trip when you come back.

Kwerp, It sounds like you're coming into this with a great attitude. Like you, I let UDs get away from me, so am now doing LC both to control my runaway appetite and because I just plain feel better without sugar and grains, especially wheat. Here's wishing you every success. I love your user name! Is there a story behind it?

BirdieNell, is there any news about your nephew? Prayers continue.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:48 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
How the heck did it get to be August???

Slow, that bite sounds NASTY! Take care!

Alcestis, I hope your trip is wonderful. It must be exciting to be going home.

Here's to a great August for us all!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thanks for starting the thread Slowsure. I hope you can easily reach your goals and that the bite heals quickly.

We are off to Europe tomorrow. Internet will be sketchy so won't post much.

Hope August treats everyone very well.......

Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
August 1, WOW! I was lucky and July was a good month for me. I hope August, NO I'm sure August will be even better. I am still doing very low carb, I have added some vegetables and my body seems to love me for it.
Sometime soon I'll add back in a few berries here and there. My body loves them too. And I got my kettlebell yesterday so I will give that my best shot. So far so good, but I just started yesterday. Gotta do all I can to tone up this fluff.
Here is to a wonderful month for all of us. I know when 2015 rolls around I want to be leaner and healthier! Who knows I might even be in ONEderland!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 08-01-2014 at 08:52 AM..
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Hey guys!!!

August is a whirlwind at my house, so I'm already sad. It means the start of band camp, cheer camp, BTS sports physicals & other appts needed before school starts...etc, etc, etc. We still haven't vacationed yet, either. {sigh}

Finished the first part of my PT for my knee and think the inflammation is down a bit finally. (6# gain the first DAY of tx, crazy! Seems to finally be coming down) Starting round #2 now and a bit more aggressive, but less days.

ANYHOO, happy August everyone!

Jaylynn, that's the attitude girl! You got this!!

Sea, ooh, EUROPE! Have tons of fun!!!

WTG Sugar!!

Alcestis, boy do I relate! I have always thought of myself as a people person, yet I need a lot of "alone" time, as well. When I'm "on", I'm on, but when I'm not, well, I'm not. LOL! Have a fun trip!!

WB Kwerp!!

Slow, OUCH!!! Loathe those nasty flies!!!

Howdy, LCG, ole & beadelia!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post

Kwerp, It sounds like you're coming into this with a great attitude. Like you, I let UDs get away from me, so am now doing LC both to control my runaway appetite and because I just plain feel better without sugar and grains, especially wheat. Here's wishing you every success. I love your user name! Is there a story behind it?
LC makes a huge difference for me. My name is just kinda a play on "derp." My friends always email me silly photos with derp in them. Just google for a laugh.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I was just catching up on July posts and wanted to let you know that you were all getting cyber-hugs along the way.

I have a few days off in the next 10 and decided that although I can't travel at this time due to a few responsibilities, I was going to take some time to enjoy the local opportunities and reset my brain so will not be hitting the computer, weighing, reading diet related things or counting from Sunday to Sunday. I will seek to treat the week as a vacation, even though sleeping in my own bed. That means being out and about on pleasurable activities daily. This local has a lot to offer. It will be a great time to take advantage of that fact.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Enjoy your break Cici! Well-deserved!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
I was just catching up on July posts and wanted to let you know that you were all getting cyber-hugs along the way.

I have a few days off in the next 10 and decided that although I can't travel at this time due to a few responsibilities, I was going to take some time to enjoy the local opportunities and reset my brain so will not be hitting the computer, weighing, reading diet related things or counting from Sunday to Sunday. I will seek to treat the week as a vacation, even though sleeping in my own bed. That means being out and about on pleasurable activities daily. This local has a lot to offer. It will be a great time to take advantage of that fact.

Staycations can be the best. DH and I took some, when we just pretended to be tourists in our own city. We even went to some of the places the tourists go when they visit Oregon (this was before we moved to TX), but which we, as residents, hadn't bothered to visit! It helped us develop a new appreciation and a new gratitude for all that we had right in our own back yard, so to speak.

Have a wonderful time. And for mercy's sake, don't tell yourself you'll just spend a day or two cleaning out the closet or the garage or whatever, because if you do your vacation will be over before you know it and you won't have had one! That's the voice of experience talking.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hi JBs! I have been on a break from rotations this week, and it seems to be a recurring thing. Hoping to get back into it with a vengeance next week. I have enjoyed this week pretty much guilt free, as I needed some time for myself--to not think about diet and concentrate on other things. Seems like everyone's set for a great month, and I intend to join you!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom23
Stats: 242/224/135
Start Date: 6/24/14
Just wanted to stop by and say hi.
Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

huh, I haven't gotten things started yet. I've found it very difficult to commit the last few days because it's really the last few days of my true vacation. I start work next week, then have another short break, then it starts for real the week after that. I'm practicing on lower cal up days right now.

Have a great day, JBs!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Mom23, glad you dropped by. Come again soon!

Olehcat, enjoy your remaining time off. If I recall correctly, you are a teacher, and will soon be up to your eyeballs in work responsibilities.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Kind of a scary thing happened this week. Wednesday I got a call from the podiatrist serving the residents at my husband's nursing home telling me that he has a big open ulcer on one foot, and that when she cleaned and treated it he didn't even flinch -- he has no feeling down there. Now I know why he was able to walk around in a pair of Crocs with a huge area of one sole completely worn through and not realize there was something wrong. I know he didn't have this ulcer the previous Thursday when I took him to the dermatologist, so it happened fairly fast.

Not only am I really worried about DH, whose type 2 diabetes was well controlled until recently but whose numbers have been going up, but this reminds me that diabetes can be doing terrible things to our bodies without our being aware of it. Both my grandmothers became diabetic, and both lost most of their eyesight. I'm edging into the "pre-diabetic" range, and don't want to follow my two dear grannies. I'm hoping that as I lose weight, my own numbers will reverse, but I wish with all my heart that I'd never allowed the foods that harmed DH into the house. Who knows -- maybe the Alzheimer's could even have been delayed or prevented, and he might be enjoying the happy, active old age I wanted for him.

All you diabetics and pre-diabetics out there, please, please be careful. Sugar is poison, and starch turns into a rapidly-absorbed sugar when you eat it. That bagel, that donut, and that gooey chocolate brownie just are not worth what they can do to you. Take care of yourselves, because once the damage is done, it's done. And those who pray, please say one for DH. He doesn't need any more problems -- Alzheimer's is more than enough trouble for anyone.

Thank you.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
So sorry for your DH, Beadillia. That is truly scary, and sad. I hope that he will get better, and that things look up for you both.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom23
Stats: 242/224/135
Start Date: 6/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
And those who pray, please say one for DH. He doesn't need any more problems -- Alzheimer's is more than enough trouble for anyone.

Thank you.
Praying for your husband. So sorry that he is going through this.
Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Mom23 and Librarygirl, thank you for your prayers and kind words. Hopefully we'll get the diabetes under control again. The Alzheimer's, of course, is just there. It's hard to believe this could have happened to the bright, witty, resourceful guy I married, the one who looked years younger than his actual age and attributed that to working out three times a week. He used to have the most amazing memory of anyone I've ever known, and now he can't remember what happened sometimes as little as a minute ago. If this could happen to DH, it could happen to anybody, but a lifetime of sugar eating and 20 years of beer (which ended before I met him) probably didn't help. There seems to be a lot of evidence linking elevated blood sugars with Alzheimer's, and as I've said before, if that doesn't scare you, nothing should!

Take care, everyone.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

and for you and your DH, Beadelia.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

*hugs you, Beadelia* I'm so sorry that you and your DH are going through that. You're right. We need to take care of ourselves while we can. What a sobering reminder..
Old 08-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
Happy August! How did it get here so fast? The summer is flying by!

Beadelia, I'm so sorry about your poor DH's foot. I will keep him in my prayers. You are so right. We need to get on top of our health before it's too late.
How are you liking this cool weather? So unusual for us to have this kind of day in August! I wore a light jacket at the market this morning for a little while. Don't remember ever needing a jacket in Aug before (except inside places where the air conditioning is too cold).

I'm hoping to get back to regular rotations this month. I just really feel better when I don't eat so much.

My nephew is still in El Paso. Insurance company is calling the shots now. He was moved out of ICU into a regular hospital room for a couple of days. Now he is back to ICU. He was set to be moved to Dallas this weekend but his temperature is back up and they can't seem to find the cause. Possibly has an infected lung. They did another brain surgery to see if there was infection in the brain and took some samples of scar tissue to study. Don't know if they got the results yet. We are still hoping and praying for him to regain consciousness and begin to recover. Thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.
BirdieNell is online now   Reply With Quote