Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/124/125
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I know my scale matches up with at least two different airline check-in scales at the Warsaw airport, so I'm satisfied with it for now. By the way, for calibrating your scale, wouldn't it make sense to make use of any object you're sure of the weight of--two pounds, five pounds, ten pounds--and weigh yourself with and without the object? That way you can check the accuracy of the scale in the range that matters for you. Edited to add: That is, if what concerns you is the up and down (preferably down) that happens from one day to the next.

Last edited by UtahDesert; 08-15-2014 at 05:43 PM..
UtahDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I had a job interview today. It's for a huge non-profit in Manhatten. It's for The Director of Corprate Compliance and I felt really great about the interview which lasted an hour and 15 minutes. I'm not getting overly optimistic, but let's say cautiously optimistic. I think I have a lot going for me except that I've never worked for a company this size, so my concern is that is a potential concern for them. We shall see.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I had a job interview today. It's for a huge non-profit in Manhatten. It's for The Director of Corprate Compliance and I felt really great about the interview which lasted an hour and 15 minutes. I'm not getting overly optimistic, but let's say cautiously optimistic. I think I have a lot going for me except that I've never worked for a company this size, so my concern is that is a potential concern for them. We shall see.
Beadelia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:06 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDesert View Post
I know my scale matches up with at least two different airline check-in scales at the Warsaw airport, so I'm satisfied with it for now. By the way, for calibrating your scale, wouldn't it make sense to make use of any object you're sure of the weight of--two pounds, five pounds, ten pounds--and weigh yourself with and without the object? That way you can check the accuracy of the scale in the range that matters for you. Edited to add: That is, if what concerns you is the up and down (preferably down) that happens from one day to the next.
I have to do this when I weigh myself. I hold two hand weights to increase the scale by 6.6lbs, then weigh myself without the weights to make sure the difference is 6.6 lbs. The DH is used to the hand weights staying in the bathroom next to the scale.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:33 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:

LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
I've been JUDDDing for 3 weeks now and 2 things keep popping into my head, 1.Hunger is not an emergency and 2. JUDDD is a schedule for eating(no good or bad food). These two things are huge in my mind. I've always had foods that were off limits but Juddd is taking those thoughts away. I used to hate being hungry but more and more I'm looking at those days(DDs) as healing and sometimes healing involves a little discomfort. Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone here who is so encouraging and I am so glad that I tried Juddd again(the first time I wasn't in the right place in my weight loss journey(if that makes any sense). JB's have a great day!!!
slimstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:16 AM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstuff View Post
I've been JUDDDing for 3 weeks now and 2 things keep popping into my head, 1.Hunger is not an emergency and 2. JUDDD is a schedule for eating(no good or bad food). These two things are huge in my mind. I've always had foods that were off limits but Juddd is taking those thoughts away. I used to hate being hungry but more and more I'm looking at those days(DDs) as healing and sometimes healing involves a little discomfort. Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone here who is so encouraging and I am so glad that I tried Juddd again(the first time I wasn't in the right place in my weight loss journey(if that makes any sense). JB's have a great day!!!

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers about the job interview. We shall see. I believe that if it's meant to be then it will be- if not- then G_d will help direct me to the job that will be right for me.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:03 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Good luck, Carly! I know you have what it takes and don't need luck, but I hope you get it!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Good luck, Carly! I know you have what it takes and don't need luck, but I hope you get it!
Thanks Cindy!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
Good luck, Carly!!!

slimstuff, REALLY good thoughts! I love the idea that "healing takes a little discomfort".

My scale is ridiculously accurate! I weigh myself at home before I go to the doctor and it's almost always exactly the same (or a few .1s difference).

Too lazy to go back another page, but hope everyone is doing well! I have continued at keeping my days at 2000 or below, and I'm so happy about that. I will be all ready for serious JUDDDing once my regular schedule starts this coming week!

I know there's a discussion about this somewhere else (can't remember where), but I'm still trying to work around what my body needs as far as timing of eating. There was a time when I did a great job at IFing (not eating until lunch or even way later, like 5ish). And I love the idea of being deliciously empty inside most of the day but being satiated before bed. But lately I just haven't been able to do that. It's like everything in me is needing at least just a little bit of food when I wake up. I always wake up hungry, but it's not just hunger, since hunger can be ignored and it passes. It's like an emptiness that causes me to not be able to concentrate on anything. All it takes is about 50-100 calories of something and I'm fine. So I think tha'ts something I have to consider when doing both UD and DD.

Oh well. One battle at a time. Also M. (my ex who is still here for the next week before he leaves the country) is also wanting to eat very healthy right now. I don't think I'm able to convince him to JUDDD, but he naturally IFs by not eating until lunch. And we've been sticking to (mostly) healthier foods lately and not going out as much - fruits, veggies, chicken and salmon, etc. But I just had some McDonald's this morning because I didn't plan well. Oh well! Again, one step at a time!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Hey, y'all, gotta check in today as I've been lurking and not posting as I've been battling the coughing issues but, SS, your post encouraged me to check in again. That and I finally hit my goal on a DD today which has been a battle for me.

SS, I, too, have lost 60 pounds and really can't believe it. Of course, the 40 pounds I lost when I was new here was the bulk and since then I've just been losing a pound or two here and there. I finally decided it was time to drop the last 20, so am getting back into the saddle. (I know, I've said that before but this time I really mean it.)

I want to thank you, too, LCG, for your post...you have been such an encouragement for all of us....as have everyone here. I know I wouldn't have lost and maintained as I have with you JB'S thank you all.
Mary, it's always so good to see you back here! Thank you for your sweet comment. I know I certainly could not have lost what I have without the support of all you wonderful people.

Quote:
Exciting! You be cautiously optimistic, and I'll be over-the-top optimistic for you....'kay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimstuff View Post
Great things to have popping into your head! These are exactly the things that have kept me on plan. It's amazing when you realize that feeling a little hungry is not as awful as we always thought is was. Kind of nice, actually!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

Exciting! You be cautiously optimistic, and I'll be over-the-top optimistic for you....'kay?
Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bada_bing
Stats: 157.6/147.2/135
WOE: LC and JUDD
Start Date: Restart May 20/14
You go Carly, an hour interview wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
I have to do this when I weigh myself. I hold two hand weights to increase the scale by 6.6lbs, then weigh myself without the weights to make sure the difference is 6.6 lbs. The DH is used to the hand weights staying in the bathroom next to the scale.

That's hilarious, all I have to do is step on my magic scale twice. For some reason, the first time is approximately 4 lb heavy and then off and next step on is the accurate weight. I have a feeling the reason is that when not in use I prop the scale beside the wall!!!

ladies...bought lemons again yesterday and got back on the lemon juice water and whoopee, the scale did a huge swoosh this morning and I didn't even have a super duper DD yesterday. In fact, I had a few squares of dark chocolate which I haven't had in ages!! I nearly hugged my scale this morning too. With the company at the beginning of August, I totally derailed and it has taken this long to get swoosh going again......and the lemons too!! Looks like a great weekend in JUDD!!

Donna
Bada_bing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Great news, Donna!! That lemon water must really work! I have drank it, but haven't noticed any difference between regular DDs without it. Good for you on that swoosh!
Old 08-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/124/125
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
It's like everything in me is needing at least just a little bit of food when I wake up. I always wake up hungry, but it's not just hunger, since hunger can be ignored and it passes. It's like an emptiness that causes me to not be able to concentrate on anything. All it takes is about 50-100 calories of something and I'm fine.
"An emptiness that causes me to not be able to concentrate on anything." That's a good description of something that happens to me now and then. (Not first thing in the morning, though.) I find that something like a Quest bar--just a solid dose of protein and fat--takes it away.
UtahDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

I have found recently that I need something through the middle of the day. I was this close to abandoning my DD on Thursday before I ate 2 slices of turkey. Then I was satisfied.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
I've actually been learning how little I really need to stop a real crazed hunger attack! This is good stuff for when my real DDs start!

Okay, last time I was on my patio there was a HUGE spider in a corner. Now I see the web, but no spider. I hope it's not somewhere like inside my place. (I'm a bit arachnophobic as you can tell)...

Bada-Bing - what a great idea, lemon water! How do you make it? Just squeeze the juice into cold water or do you drink hot lemon water? I used to drink that when I had a cold. So refreshing!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

I squeeze about half a lemon into a small pitcher of filtered water. Sometimes I add a drop or 2 of ez-sweetz.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’ve been eating too many biscuits. I think I need to go back to having mostly savoury breakfasts and save the pastries for occasional treats. I could always eat one biscuit and forget about the rest of the packet, but now I’m having one then going back for another… and another. I need to keep carbs as an accompaniment, not the main thing! I also need to make sure my meals are big enough that I don’t get hungry and reach for snack things in between.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Good idea, Ailuros. I always make sure my meals are small enough that I can have dessert lol. Not always, but often.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bada_bing
Stats: 157.6/147.2/135
WOE: LC and JUDD
Start Date: Restart May 20/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post

Bada-Bing - what a great idea, lemon water! How do you make it? Just squeeze the juice into cold water or do you drink hot lemon water? I used to drink that when I had a cold. So refreshing!
I drink it cold, 1/2 lemon in my sport jug, ice water and artificial sweetner. Yum

Quote:
I squeeze about half a lemon into a small pitcher of filtered water. Sometimes I add a drop or 2 of ez-sweetz.
The same except I just use my sport bottle so I can carry it around with me to try and get my water in. I am horrible about drinking extra water!
Bada_bing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Carly - Good news for you. Pulling for you here, also.

I was up every 2 hours peeing last night - I showed 310-311 on the scale this am. I'll take it. lol
I just drink plain lemon juice in water, like right now.

Alurious - When I eat a lot of carbs it just makes me more hungry and then I over eat. Definitely cutting back on them and making them a treat helps me.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Ailuros--are you from the UK?
Because now I'm thinking about (nice big flaky buttermilk-and-bacon-grease) biscuits AND (crunchy, dip 'em in milky tea) cookies!!!

Of course it's a Down Day!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I’m in the UK, so biscuits are the crunchy dunking in tea/coffee kind (well, actually the last ones were some Dutch things with a toffee filling).
Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

I have had the hugest hankering for biscuits and gravy lately. I made some (whole wheat, not fluffy) ones yeserday and milk gravy. It was alright, but every one knows fluffy biscuits and gravy are how its supposed to be! I limited myself to 1.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
I go back to school this week. It will be a long week of in-service meetings and then the kids will come next Monday. I will miss the slow summer mornings but hopefully do better with the structure and routine as far as rotations go.
Have a great Monday, everyone!
BirdieNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Just thought I'd fly by and mention that Dr. Mercola has a 53 minute video interview with Dr. Michael Moseley on his website this morning. Pretty interesting!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Just thought I'd fly by and mention that Dr. Mercola has a 53 minute video interview with Dr. Michael Moseley on his website this morning. Pretty interesting!
I’m watching it now. Really interesting! Thank you.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #239
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
When Keira and I went back-to-school shopping a couple of weeks ago, I saw this cute pair of boots (for me, not her) and I just passed right by them because I don't have the extra money right now, and we were shopping for HER. Anyway, I've been kind of thinking about them ever since. I still don't have extra money right now, but we went back to the same store the other night, and Keira took one look at those boots, without any input from me, and said, "Mommy, those boots are totally your style! You should get them." Now I'm trying to work them into my budget. Gotta love that kid of mine.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

I love our kids. Thats something my daughters would do also!

I am finishing up a quilt for my sister and knitting a pair of socks for my stepsister and then I am off to sew some cute outfits for the first week of school for the two older girls.
Great news on our end! The human services for developmentally disabled children called me back and she is going to set up an appointment with us to start the application process so that my DD can get some help. She said it definitely sounds like we qualify due to the diagnosis'. She said they'll pay for weighted blankets, and even an IPOD or special audio sensory stuff..um, just anything she needs to be more successful.
Even respite care so I can get away for a few hours for me!!
At school she is going to go 3 hours a day and get therapy so that will be a break also.
I am so thankful my husband is finally on board with all this. He's been working 6 days a week and I kind of get the feeling coming home isn't that enjoyable because of how much stress has been going on. Horrible.

I don't talk about it much on here because I don't want any one to get the idea that having a child with special needs is a huge burden, I dump enough of my crazy as it is. LOL
but wow. Lately its been super stressful in the house because her imaginary friends have been keeping her awake at night and thus keeping me and I have been at my wits end with just...stress.
And I tend to think its all my own doing...I just go into shut down mode sometimes and start not caring.
Today was such an encouragement - there is help out there and things are getting better.
NSG#1: Log 40 hours of Callanetics by my bday
NSG#2: Fit into my wedding dress
NSG#3: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.