Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 04:18 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Ahem

I know that I'm ambivalent about this for body composition reasons, but after posting today's weigh-in at 108lbs, something was niggling at me.

I've just realised that it's because my heaviest weight was 168lbs (2011) so I've shed 60lbs. 60lbs is 36% of 168lbs and 56% of my current weight.

I really could not have done it without the support of the JBs. As I demonstrated only too well when life events and diet fatigue lead me to stray in 2012 and I regained some of the weight I'd initially lost instead of being content to celebrate maintaining a better plateau.

So, to all of you and please, anyone who might be lurking or considering a JUDDD reboot after a period in the long grass, please do come back to this community - don't let a shame cycle or futile remorse keep you in that wilderness.

It's interesting to me to see the numbers. 60 pounds is amazing for your small frame. I often think I'd like to get to 50% of my starting weight (that would be 139), but the closer I get, the more I realize that's probably too low for my frame. At 146, I'm quite close, and I often say I'm HALF the woman I once was.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 04:25 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Congratulations, SS! (Though I don’t like it when your weight is less than mine )
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:39 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
SS, wow!!! Okay, you've really got me with your "come back even if you feel ashamed or lurking". I'm currently about 158 at 5'2.5", so way too much for my frame (which is small-medium). Anywhere between 109-120 would be my dream weight. But I'll be ecstatic to be anywhere in the 120's. Also, I'll probably kiss the scale when I hit the 130's again, since I was in hte 130's for about six years and complained then about being too big, haha. Well, I told myself if I ever got back there, I'd kiss the scale, so I will!

Still no DDs for me. Mostly really careful logging and observing what I naturally want to eat. I'm still hovering around 1800-2000 so this is very good for when I do throw the rotations in. My regular schedule starts next week, so I'm gearing up and ready. This week is my last few days of vacation so I'm not going to push rotations just now. I'm meeting my mom for lunch today, and that will be the last time we can do that during the week for a long time, so I'm going to enjoy life a bit the next few days! My ex leaves on the 23rd and I'm going to be devastated (I KNOW how odd that sounds, lol, yes I do, but we are really platonic soul mates, we're just not meant to be married). I hope to use that sadness as strength that I will need to get the rotations going.

I'm still debating whether to do 4:3 plus a medium day or do real rotations. I've seen people have success with both. But I do feel I do better if my DDs are on very busy work days...so we'll see!

Kieras_mom , you're getting really close back to your goal, too, so yay!

And cute outfit, Birdie!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
That's awesome SS. Congrats to you!

Dawn, how is Kiera feeling? Summer time sickness is the worst.

Birdie, I like the outfit. Wear it proudly!

Question for everyone: Does anyone have allergies to mosquitoes? I seem to have acquired a new allergy and I don't know if there's something I can take or do when I get bitten now. My arms are swollen and i can barely bend them. Eeeeek

Oh and something exciting. I will be going to LA in October for the Hello Kitty convention. Don't ask! Let's just say I am the most awesome best friend EVER. Flights were booked as of this AM and I cannot freaking wait. I went to San Diego year ago and it was amazing. I know LA is different, but any vacation is fantastic.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
That stinks Lisa! Have you tried Benadryl? I remember my sister taking it once in a while when she got multiple bites and would really puff up.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
That's awesome SS. Congrats to you!

Dawn, how is Kiera feeling? Summer time sickness is the worst.

Birdie, I like the outfit. Wear it proudly!

Question for everyone: Does anyone have allergies to mosquitoes? I seem to have acquired a new allergy and I don't know if there's something I can take or do when I get bitten now. My arms are swollen and i can barely bend them. Eeeeek

Oh and something exciting. I will be going to LA in October for the Hello Kitty convention. Don't ask! Let's just say I am the most awesome best friend EVER. Flights were booked as of this AM and I cannot freaking wait. I went to San Diego year ago and it was amazing. I know LA is different, but any vacation is fantastic.
Keira's much better this morning and wants to go to daycare. I'll leave that up to DH, since he'd be the one staying home with her.

I don't have allergies to mosquitoes, but all I can think of is Benadryl like you'd use for other allergies. I wonder if your severe reaction could be related to the Lyme's.

Woohoo, for LA! Are you going to have time to do anything else, or just the convention? I'm only a few hours from LA, so we've spent a fair amount of time there. There is LOTS to do.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
Old 08-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
That stinks Lisa! Have you tried Benadryl? I remember my sister taking it once in a while when she got multiple bites and would really puff up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I don't have allergies to mosquitoes, but all I can think of is Benadryl like you'd use for other allergies. I wonder if your severe reaction could be related to the Lyme's.

Woohoo, for LA! Are you going to have time to do anything else, or just the convention? I'm only a few hours from LA, so we've spent a fair amount of time there. There is LOTS to do.
I use Benadryl at night if the itching keeps me awake. I've been taking my Allegra pills and that seems to help a little. Never thought about their being a relation to Lymes. Time to research.

We'll be in LA from 10/30 until 11/2. The convention in that Saturday for six hours or something so we have all day Thursday and Friday to be tourist. Any thing specific we should explore Dawn?
Old 08-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
I don't have mosquito allergies. In fact, it seems the mosquitos don't even like me this year. I'm not sure I've even been bit once. Then again, I haven't spent a lot of outdoor time in the evenings this summer! But I do take generic clariton for other allergies every day and that seems to really help with symptoms. L.A. for Hello Kitty! You ARE a great friend, lol! I'm sure you'll have some fun - -there's great places to eat in LA, too!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Ahem

I know that I'm ambivalent about this for body composition reasons, but after posting today's weigh-in at 108lbs, something was niggling at me.

I've just realised that it's because my heaviest weight was 168lbs (2011) so I've shed 60lbs. 60lbs is 36% of 168lbs and 56% of my current weight.

I really could not have done it without the support of the JBs. As I demonstrated only too well when life events and diet fatigue lead me to stray in 2012 and I regained some of the weight I'd initially lost instead of being content to celebrate maintaining a better plateau.

So, to all of you and please, anyone who might be lurking or considering a JUDDD reboot after a period in the long grass, please do come back to this community - don't let a shame cycle or futile remorse keep you in that wilderness.

SlowSure, congratulations! You truly are amazing.

You have highlighted one of the things that trips so many people up when they stall on their weight loss journeys, or just get a flaming case of diet fatigue -- we tend to give up altogether and regain, rather than holding our ground and maintaining for a while at a better weight before we pick up our diet tools and move down to another level. At one time I read a weight loss book (can't remember which -- I've bought a million over the years) that recommended losing in stages, with a rest in between where we consolidate the progress we've made. This makes so much more sense than throwing in the towel and regaining, and helps us learn the maintenance skills we'll need to maintain our goal weight at the end of the journey.

And the times we are NOT doing well on our weight loss plans are just the times we MOST need our support community. We all want to shine, but none of us can do that all the time. It's OK to be human -- we've all had our failures, but sticking with the support community can keep a bump in the road from becoming a mountain.

That said, I'm afraid I've done exactly what I just said was the wrong thing to do, and let a bounce become a solid five-pound gain this past couple of weeks. So, today it's back to counting calories and carbs and being on a strict budget for both. Won't be easy, because I have a lot to do today and a class tonight, but if I wait until tomorrow to get back on the diet horse I've got a bunch of stuff I have to do then, etc. There's no time better than the present to start, and it's better to follow the plan imperfectly if that's what happens than to give up and not try.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #190

Quote:
I use Benadryl at night if the itching keeps me awake. I've been taking my Allegra pills and that seems to help a little. Never thought about their being a relation to Lymes. Time to research.

We'll be in LA from 10/30 until 11/2. The convention in that Saturday for six hours or something so we have all day Thursday and Friday to be tourist. Any thing specific we should explore Dawn?
Depends on your interests. If you like amusement parks, Disneyland and Universal Studios both do it up for Halloween. If you're not into that type of activity, there are some great museums. We went to the Museum of Tolerance last summer and while I wouldn't say we "enjoyed" it, it was very informative and well-done. We haven't really been to any of the art museums, but I hear they're world-class. Hollywood is always fun, though the people-watching is the best part. There are lots of crazies out. Oh, and Venice Beach - along the same lines, really touristy, but fun. There's an awesome aquarium in Long Beach, and they have package deals where you can visit the aquarium and go on a whale watching tour of the harbor. Food is just incredible, from mom-and-pop places to fancy schmancy places. We tend to like to find hole in the wall ethnic places to try. It's hit and miss, though. Korea Town is fun just to walk around and shop (and EAT). I'm sure I'm missing lots, but there's a quick rundown of some of our favorite places/things to do in LA.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Another one congratulating Carly on her new avatar picture.

Does anyone have photos of new or aspirational clothing to post? Like when people posted their progress to fit into delightful skirts/dresses (some of Soren's come to mind)? Or the time Flutter posted and we all commented?
Yes Carly, you look adorable as always!

I have 4 sundresses I got for $10 awhile ago and haven't worn. They fit and are really cute, but I don't like my fat arms. I have a couple of shrugs, but they're just tight too, so not yet. I'm hoping to wear them at least once before the hot weather is gone (which here will be October at the earliest!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
Ok, here are my dress and shoes for the wedding. There is a gold belt that goes with the dress. Heels would be cuter but not for me since I've had my knees replaced.
Very cute! Post a picture of YOU in that outfit when you get all gussied up for the wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Sue, I have a denim skirt that I was able to pull up about 1" more than I was last month. But no photos.is there a place for such a thing, I wonder?
Soon, Kati, soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
My sister and I picked up our aunt (who turns 98 next month) at her home in Uvalde and the three of us did a few days of wildflower touring around Brenham, College Station and Lost Pines one spring maybe nine or ten years ago. Then we headed into the Hill Country, with a stop at the outlets at San Marcos and another at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin on the way. It was on that trip that Aunt D looked at herself in the motel bathroom mirror and said mournfully, "Didn't mah face used to fit?"

We love every line and wrinkle of her dear face, of course, but she'd rather not have so many. She earned 'em, though.

My sister and I always say we want to be Aunt D when we grow up. She still lives on her own, still drives (we wish she'd hang up the keys, but she won't hear about it and they renewed her license last September, so what can you do?), and she still works the NY Times crossword puzzle, her one concession to age being that she now uses a pencil instead of a pen. She's physically more frail now, but sharp as they come and wise from a lifetime of reading the scriptures and observing humanity. She still looks forward, too, building and improving things. After she was widowed she bought a new house in town and told me over the telephone, "I'm going to paint my bedroom pink. (Only she pronounced it "pank.") I've always wanted a pink bedroom, but I always shared my bedroom with a man, and you know, men are threatened by pink!"
I love stories like this! Your aunt sounds like a jewel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Right now work is really stressful for me. The literal environment has changed which puts my desk in an awkward orientation for me, which only increases my anxiety as it is. The last two nights I've just wanted to crawl into bed after dinner, so I haven't been online much. Maybe things will improve soon, I hope.
So sorry for your stress, kwerp. I hope they improve for you real soon!

Quote:
Ahem

THAT is such a milestone, Slow! Your story is so encouraging to so many of us.

Quote:

I haven't reacted to mosquitos like that - it sounds horrible! Are your arms hot to the touch and puffy? Your trip sounds fun, even with the Hello Kitty convention. I hope you can do lots of fun things there. I loved the ferry trip to Catalina years ago. I don't know if that's still something to do or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
SlowSure, congratulations! You truly are amazing.

You have highlighted one of the things that trips so many people up when they stall on their weight loss journeys, or just get a flaming case of diet fatigue -- we tend to give up altogether and regain, rather than holding our ground and maintaining for a while at a better weight before we pick up our diet tools and move down to another level. At one time I read a weight loss book (can't remember which -- I've bought a million over the years) that recommended losing in stages, with a rest in between where we consolidate the progress we've made. This makes so much more sense than throwing in the towel and regaining, and helps us learn the maintenance skills we'll need to maintain our goal weight at the end of the journey.

And the times we are NOT doing well on our weight loss plans are just the times we MOST need our support community. We all want to shine, but none of us can do that all the time. It's OK to be human -- we've all had our failures, but sticking with the support community can keep a bump in the road from becoming a mountain.

That said, I'm afraid I've done exactly what I just said was the wrong thing to do, and let a bounce become a solid five-pound gain this past couple of weeks. So, today it's back to counting calories and carbs and being on a strict budget for both. Won't be easy, because I have a lot to do today and a class tonight, but if I wait until tomorrow to get back on the diet horse I've got a bunch of stuff I have to do then, etc. There's no time better than the present to start, and it's better to follow the plan imperfectly if that's what happens than to give up and not try.
Your post was the perfect thing for me this morning! I've been trying to get past this "plateau, diet fatigue, maintenance, whatever" period and start losing again, and some days I feel like I am, and some days I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I need to remember how far I've come and rejoice in that, remember that my body is assimilating a very large loss and will lose again when it's ready, and be thankful I haven't given up and gone back to my old ways. Thanks for that!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
I think I am dealing with more mental blocks than anything else. I'm on about for non smoking. Gearing up for tomorrow. I'm still 295 on the scale, for some reason I've backtracked on my losing - counting calories but binging more than needed.
Today is a DD and I have a good plan for it. Nearly noon so far and only 80 calories in.

Having a lot of anxiety about sending my oldest two to public school this year. I've home schooled, but I really just need a bit of a break...and they need one from me, I'm sure. I'll still have 3 at home to tend to.
Still, I am having a lot of anxiety about it. I grew up with the Kip Kinkle shooting happening when I was a kid and its just been a constant I've grown up with. Well, enough rambling. No more cigarettes..and a good DD.
NSG#1: Log 40 hours of Callanetics by my bday
NSG#2: Fit into my wedding dress
NSG#3: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

Your post was the perfect thing for me this morning! I've been trying to get past this "plateau, diet fatigue, maintenance, whatever" period and start losing again, and some days I feel like I am, and some days I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I need to remember how far I've come and rejoice in that, remember that my body is assimilating a very large loss and will lose again when it's ready, and be thankful I haven't given up and gone back to my old ways. Thanks for that!
You are such an inspiration to me. You started out near my weight and look at you. Don't ever give up, really. If it wasn't for success stories like yours, I may feel more discouraged than I should some days.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
You are such an inspiration to me. You started out near my weight and look at you. Don't ever give up, really. If it wasn't for success stories like yours, I may feel more discouraged than I should some days.
Kati, you are so sweet. I won't give up if you won't. Because if I can do this, I know that you can too. And I am determined to get to my goal, whatever weight that turns out to be. I'm pretty sure I'll know it when I get there. Let's do it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Thank you all for your good wishes. I lost a multi-quote post and am trying to get this in before the usual 10am server problem affects the UK

I'm attending a knife skills class (kitchen, not circus) this evening.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
everyone! It just took me 45 minutes to read everything on this thread since Monday! Tomorrow is my big day. All kinds of mixed feelings, but mostly excitement. I should stay home and relax since I don't have to be in the city till 1pm, but if the weather is nice I'll go in a little early and walk around midtown.

Thanks for all the comments on my avi. I don't have any fabulous new clothes so no pictures to post at the moment. I was LOL about the human feet eating shoes. I have about 75 pairs that meet that description
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:

Having a lot of anxiety about sending my oldest two to public school this year. I've home schooled, but I really just need a bit of a break...and they need one from me, I'm sure. I'll still have 3 at home to tend to.
Still, I am having a lot of anxiety about it. I grew up with the Kip Kinkle shooting happening when I was a kid and its just been a constant I've grown up with. Well, enough rambling. No more cigarettes..and a good DD.
Oh, that was an awful day. I was living in Eugene (next door to Springfield) at the time, at work that day and one of my co-workers suddenly screamed and ran out of the building...her daughter was a student at that school. She didn't get hurt but so many did.

I don't blame you for being anxious...just "fitting in" and finding friends can be so difficult. But my sister and I were home-schooled for a while, and we were very happy when we got to go to "real" school.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:05 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the LA touristy ideas. Messaged those to my friends so of course I'll flood you all with photos.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Going to hang out with my best friend who is having fertility issues and will find out next week if this round took. She's been through a lot these last two years so if this doesn't take she's going to stop for a little bit. My role is to be the *****y, sarcastic best friend this weekend. That was a quote from her husband who knows me so well.

Oh and I have a Christening. Anyone have any present ideas outside of money?

Good Luck Carly! You're going to rock today. Got my fingers and toes crossed.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh and I have a Christening. Anyone have any present ideas outside of money?
Well, this is what I do for baby showers and it might work for a Christening. For the baby shower I buy a nice big diaper bag and tons of baby goodies like wipes, bibs, hats, socks, Johnson and Johnson stuff and arrange it really nicely and wrap it in celephane with tons of ribbon.

How old is a child when they get Christened? Young, right?
Old 08-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
Lisa, I have seen people give little cross necklaces, those small copies of the New Testament in pink or blue, a babies book of prayers (boardbook with pictures), picture frame for a picture of the child taken in his/her Christening dress, and a little box I guess was like a keepsake box. Something else I've seen lately, not at a Christening but just for a nursery was a cute wall sign with a scripture on it. Also one of those crosses that are so popular right now that hang on a wall. Look on pinterest, you can find all kinds of ideas for baby stuff there.
BirdieNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Oh, that was an awful day. I was living in Eugene (next door to Springfield) at the time, at work that day and one of my co-workers suddenly screamed and ran out of the building...her daughter was a student at that school. She didn't get hurt but so many did.

I don't blame you for being anxious...just "fitting in" and finding friends can be so difficult. But my sister and I were home-schooled for a while, and we were very happy when we got to go to "real" school.
I was about 20 miles away that day on a school field trip. Bus driver was listening to the radio and we heard. It was awful.
I know riding in a car is more dangerous than school, but well. We don't get to pick our neurosis do we!? lol

It will all be ok.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Bah.
My scale has been really slow going around like its broken (we try to buy everything used) so today at the recycle center there was a scale that appeared to work beautifully. Brought it home and it says 315. Which means 20 pounds more than I was thinking.
I've only lost 33 pounds since March then. I guess thats still good. I have 7 more pounds to go before I can do the lowest in 5 year party I guess. haha. Oh well.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Bah.
My scale has been really slow going around like its broken (we try to buy everything used) so today at the recycle center there was a scale that appeared to work beautifully. Brought it home and it says 315. Which means 20 pounds more than I was thinking.
I've only lost 33 pounds since March then. I guess thats still good. I have 7 more pounds to go before I can do the lowest in 5 year party I guess. haha. Oh well.
An accurate scale can be pretty important. You can get some really good scales for less than $30- probably less than $20 even.

Don't let this get you down
Old 08-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Carly, love your new avi! What is your big day? Birthday? Sorry, I haven't read back very far.

Lisa, your vacation sounds awesome, although I'm not a Hello Kitty fan lol. I would love to go back to CA. I have only been once, for a weekend to LA, and it was way too short. Also, hope you have been able to get some relief from the mosquito bites.

Slow, congrats on your 60-lb loss. What an accomplishment! You are such a great supporter on here, and I always learn something from your posts. Your encouragement has meant a lot to me.

I have done 2 DDs this week, but not super low ones. I did Mon and Thurs., and plan to do another one Sunday, I think. I'm going to try again for MWF DDs next week.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #205
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Kati-
You need to calibrate your scale. Find something at least 25 lbs that you KNOW the weight of, and see what the scale says. If it's 'off,' you'll know how to factor to get the right weight for yourself.

I regularly weigh the new jug of cat litter on my scale to see if it's accurate. Mine is over 30 years old (works without batteries!) and is still accurate.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies..I don't know why I didn't think of judging with cat litter before. Great idea!
This new one looks almost brand new but I am going to test it like you suggested Leo. I guess I don't understand why the old one is accurate for the littles. Must be something once it gets up near 300 it zonks out.

Carly - hugs to you..and is Monday the big P day?
I WAS getting bummed, but then I remembered that the last time I weighed before starting this (before the 348 at the Dr's office) I was 318. So, I'm still down some and I look and feel better..To tell you the truth, I haven't even felt like I've been dieting by learning to count calories etc.
Some days are great, some are bad - but I haven't had a 4k calorie binge in atleast 6 weeks (I think - maybe 4).
Cindy, your signature has been my mantra. And this group has been a lifeline. Thank you all. Not giving up. Just a new goal to work towards.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #207
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I have read that some scales that go to 350 lbs often aren't accurate above 300.

One woman on LCF mentioned that she was shocked when she weighed 20 lbs more at the doctor's office, and he told her about that scale issue. I've read that elsewhere, too.

My own scale was accurate when I was 300+. It's an amazing scale. I bought it for perhaps $20 about 30 years ago, and it still works well. It only weighs in half pound increments, but that doesn't bother me.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey, y'all, gotta check in today as I've been lurking and not posting as I've been battling the coughing issues but, SS, your post encouraged me to check in again. That and I finally hit my goal on a DD today which has been a battle for me.

SS, I, too, have lost 60 pounds and really can't believe it. Of course, the 40 pounds I lost when I was new here was the bulk and since then I've just been losing a pound or two here and there. I finally decided it was time to drop the last 20, so am getting back into the saddle. (I know, I've said that before but this time I really mean it.)

I want to thank you, too, LCG, for your post...you have been such an encouragement for all of us....as have everyone here. I know I wouldn't have lost and maintained as I have with you JB'S thank you all.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Wow, I never thought about checking my scale's accuracy, but I sure buy a lot of cat litter!

My scale drives me nuts. It's a WW scale, and has a memory feature that won't let it show a different weight for a week or so unless the weight put on it is a pound (or maybe two) different from the previous weight. I like to weigh more often, and live alone, so I keep a jug of water beside it, step on the scale with the jug, then step off again and wait for it to show zeros before getting back on sans jug. The infuriating thing is that I can go through this routine twice in five minutes and get different weights. Muttermuttermuttermuttermutter.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
OOps, I know it's not your BD, Carly as you just celebrated.

I.e., bathroom scales: mine weighs me the same as the doctor's office plus one (because of clothes), so I think mine are very accurate. I ordered them from somewhere over 8 years ago, and I'm not sure what the brand name is because it isn't featured on the scale itself.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 08-15-2014 at 04:14 PM..
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote