Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Ho hum. After various admin foul-ups, I finally got to see my physiotherapist today. To cut a long story short, I should have been notified that the medical imaging that I had several months ago showed significant tears in my left shoulder and knee. However, I wasn't notified, nor was my GP.

I don't have a report on my right side because those data are missing and the images will probably need to be repeated.

However, it's likely the damaged joints have been exacerbating the problems with my back as they've literally been attempting to offload elsewhere. I now need a separate set of investigations for my back.

I can't do any physiotherapy or have any steroid injections until I have another surgical consult but it looks like I'll need surgery as the tears are too substantial to repair themselves and, courtesy of whatever is going on with my LBM, I'm not developing other muscles to take up the slack of the damaged ones.

Of course, the surgical consult will now be hampered by the lack of a diagnosis as to why I've been losing LBM etc.

I'm somewhere between anger, frustration, and being monumentally fed-up.

I will recover from my present foul mood. As ever, thank you for providing a space to vent.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarfreepopsicles View Post
I don't remember the study exactly, but some researchers discovered that some doctors can be more likely to write a script for a certain med when they are holding a pen with, say, Celebrex on it. So instead of recommending maybe Aleve or stretching or whatever they would recommend, the Dr may write a script for Celebrex that the patient may not really need.
Now that is downright scary!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
News about my nephew: My daughter, mom, and I visited my nephew yesterday. He looks much better than he did when I saw him in El Paso. His color is good and the swelling has gone down. He was tracking movement in the room with his eye and moved his mouth as if he were trying to talk. He seemed to make a little smile when his uncle came in and spoke to him. He still has a very long way to go, but it was encouraging to see him looking better and more responsive. We are so thankful that they have gotten him moved so we can go check on all of them. My brother and his wife have aged 10 years in this past month.
Thank you for the update. Sounds like wonderful news. So sorry for what all of you are going through. Especially your DB and his DW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Bada_Bing,

Yam-Yam, would it be all right for me to copy your story about your illness and paste it into an email to my sister? She has been taking Celebrex and other "stuff" for years because of a very bad back, a combination of scoliosis and severe arthritis (her doctor once told her to come back when it got to where she'd rather die than live like this and they'd put a metal rod in her spine), and I'm very worried about it. I've even wondered if the years of Celebrex might have triggered the autoimmune disease that resulted in her needing a liver transplant. Anyway, I imagine I'm not the only one who has a loved one who uses these meds heavily, and if you don't mind serving as an "awful warning" it might help someone at least recognize that when you take these drugs, you need to pay attention to pains in your middle.

Party, glad the visit went well.

Sugarfree, that was interesting about doctors being more likely to write prescriptions for a drug if holding a pen with the drug's name on it. No wonder the drug companies give out pens and notepads. I have heard that doctors will often write a prescription for a certain drug because the patient demands the one he saw advertised on TV, even if he doesn't really need it or another would be better, because the doctor knows the patient will go elsewhere if he doesn't get what he wants. Doctors also get a lot of their "continuing medical education" from brochures sent by pharmaceutical companies, which is not a good thing. Companies producing things like statins aren't likely to emphasize the negative features of their product!

Well, I've procrastinated until after ten ayem, and the kitchen still hasn't cleaned itself, so I guess I'm going to have to get off my bumpus and go do it. Y'all have a good one.
I did notice in that commercial that they said "long term use may result in.... for some..." and I definitely was a long timer because of my back pain.

Sure you can paste my post into an email. No problem.

Kati: My new primary doctor prescribed Tramadol for the back pain. She said it's "safe" and I can take it every 12 hours when I need it. It makes me a little dizzy and sleepy, so I usually go to bed when I take it and then fall asleep.

It does not work as fast as naproxen did to relieve pain, but once it kicks in it lasts longer.

I did look up all the possible side effects. Some people take it and stop breathing. Some have seizures.

Believe me, I'm planning to take it only when the pain is unbearable. I've only taken a few and never 2 in one day so far. It's been about every 2 or 3 days.

Dawn: Glad Keira is feeling good enough to go. That's a good sign. It would have been stressful for you to get a call when you are stuck at work!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
OK Peeps. I'm going to have to sign off. I may not be around for a week. If I have time, I will try to pop in and just say "hey!"

I'm soooooooo anxious to see my sisters. It will be bitter sweet.

I have to leave the house at four o'clock in the morning tomorrow to get to the airport in time for my six a.m. flight. Gonna be a long day!

Today I have to finish packing, clean the kitchen (Beadelia, I'm with you on procrastinating!), run to the store to pick up some more probiotics, wash and flat iron my hair, and still have time to ice my back in between chores.

Gonna try really hard to get into bed early tonight. I've been a night owl lately and then I sleep in late. Such a luxury!

I will miss you all and will at least check in on my Kindle to keep up with all your busy JUDDD BUDD lives!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
SS, that's just unacceptable. I would be livid. LI-VID! I'm so sorry you're dealing with all that on top of all the other stresses you endure. I had a similar experience with an MRI a million years ago. Between the machine breaking down three times, once when I was IN it, and mix-ups with paperwork, losing my images, etc., it took 8 months to diagnose a herniated vertebra. 8 months of excruciating pain due to their negligence. I feel for you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #155

DH just texted that Keira needed to be picked up. She has a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Poor kidlet.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Dawn, I hope Kiera's ok, or will be soon.

SS, I know that is alarming, especially since you are so active. I'm sure you would have been taking more caution had you known.

Yam, I hope the pain meds work without doing harm themselves, and that you feel better soon.

This board has been so busy, it seems like if I take even half a day away, I can't catch up! Hope all are doing ok on this Monday. I'm on a DD and looking forward to more structure from here on out (schedule is back to normal at work).

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #157

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Slow, I am SO sorry about all that! Infuriating!

Sea, enjoy that vacation! It sounds amazing.

Dawn, hugs to Keira and I hope she's feeling better real soon.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Yam-Yam, thank you for your permission to share your story. I think a lot of us, weary of nagging pain over a long period of time, push the envelope on drug dosages. The problem is that with some of them, like Tylenol, you don't get much (or any) warning that you're overdoing it,until it's too late. I know that I can reduce pain levels most of the time by eating properly, but sometimes I think, "I really want that triple dip caramel hot fudge brownie sundae, so I'll eat it and take an extra hydrocodone." Dumb. I was prescribed Tramadol a couple of years ago for my wonky knee, but didn’t think it was that helpful. From what you say, I probably didn’t give it a real chance to work. However, when I read that little “stop breathing” and “seizures” warning back then, I decided I didn’t want to try it further. Sheesh! That’s both the blessing and the curse of the Internet – it warns us of things our doctors might not, but it scares us so much that we’re almost too paralyzed to try anything.

Have a safe flight, and a blessed time with your sisters.

SlowSure, You are being remarkably restrained in relating the circle of medical snafus to which you've been subjected. That’s a far milder “vent” than I’d have produced under the same circumstances. Do you mind if I get hopping mad on your behalf?

I’m just so sorry you’ve been through all of this, and still face more testing and then surgery. It's bad enough just dealing with an illness or injury, without having medical incompetence piled on top of it.

KeirasMom, I’m so sorry that Keira’s excursion turned out badly for her. Hope the doctor can get her all fixed up. Kids are amazing when it comes to these illnesses – they can be fine one minute, have a raging fever the next, and be back to feeling good and not having a fever in a few hours. But you just don’t know which way they’ll go from there.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
SS, That's terrible. So upsetting and I'm sure it has added to the pain you have been having and probably made other problems worse.
Dawn, I hope Keira is feeling better already. And that you and your husband don't get it from her.
Yam, Have a safe trip.
Hugs to everyone else. Good night!
BirdieNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Yam-Yam..I am pretty sure no one ever visited Denver and after *cough* medicating...just didn't wake up..JUST SAYING. LOL
Love to you and I am being a smart aleck.

Carly, your new pic is gorgeous.
Dawn, I hope Kiera feels better...

Nell - Such good news. <3
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another one congratulating Carly on her new avatar picture.

Does anyone have photos of new or aspirational clothing to post? Like when people posted their progress to fit into delightful skirts/dresses (some of Soren's come to mind)? Or the time Flutter posted and we all commented?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:24 AM   #162

No aspirational clothing here. I'm just happy to be able to wear the clothing I already have after my no holds barred vacations this summer.

Keira has a respiratory infection and tonsillitis. By the time DH got her to the doctor, less than 12 hours after I inspected her throat, she had developed white spots. Poor thing. She's on antibiotics and pain meds and cough syrup. When she was a baby, she had horrible UTIs for the first two years until she had surgery to repair defective ureters. Since then she's been remarkably healthy, so we're always sort of surprised when she gets sick. I'm sure she'll feel much better today after the antibiotics kick in.

On a side note, now I'm a bit scared to give her Ibuprofen. She almost never takes anything, so I'm choosing not to worry too much. The other thing is, from 6 weeks old until a little past 2 years old, she was on prophylactic antibiotics for her bladder issues. She's taken every kind and developed resistance to most of them (breakthrough infections), so I'm hoping the 7 years since has been enough for them to work for her again.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:45 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

I go for my annual physical/mammogram today.
Really not my favorite thing to do!!
I don't want to hear anymore of that "at your age...." business!
I may have to stop for ice cream afterward even though it's a DD for me.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:57 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Lili, hi back. Glad you dropped in to say hello, but very, very sorry about the Lyme flare-up. By all accounts, that can be truly miserable, both physically and sometimes psychologically. Does Lyme ever go away, or does it stay in your system like malaria?

Cheesecake Factory? Oh, dear, that sounds soooo good! I wonder if they still have the chocolate raspberry truffle. No! Must not even THINK about it!

Anyway, have a good time this evening, and I hope the Lyme leaves you alone. And congratulations on your new office!
Lymes can go away if treated right away. It does also lay dormant and come back when you're typically not taking care of yourself properly. I was not diagnosed until far too late and usually I feel fine, but there are times when it gets the better of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Congratulations on your own office! Your own door too...sounds heavenly! I'm so sorry about your Lyme's flareup. You must have really needed that sleep bad. So how was the movie and the dinner out?
Move was great. The adults had a great time and the kids loved the movie as well. Stayed very true to the original. Dinner out was eventful. Three tired kids at The Cheesecake Factory. Ugh! I ended up ordering something to eat on Saturday and ordered a small side salad.

Quote:
News about my nephew: My daughter, mom, and I visited my nephew yesterday. He looks much better than he did when I saw him in El Paso. His color is good and the swelling has gone down. He was tracking movement in the room with his eye and moved his mouth as if he were trying to talk. He seemed to make a little smile when his uncle came in and spoke to him. He still has a very long way to go, but it was encouraging to see him looking better and more responsive. We are so thankful that they have gotten him moved so we can go check on all of them. My brother and his wife have aged 10 years in this past month.
This is so incredible. I'm so glad for your entire family. Your nephew sounds like an absolute fighter.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:59 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Another one congratulating Carly on her new avatar picture.

Does anyone have photos of new or aspirational clothing to post? Like when people posted their progress to fit into delightful skirts/dresses (some of Soren's come to mind)? Or the time Flutter posted and we all commented?
How about you? Do you have some pretty new clothes to show us? I don't have any aspirational clothes right now, just aspirational dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
No aspirational clothing here. I'm just happy to be able to wear the clothing I already have after my no holds barred vacations this summer.

Keira has a respiratory infection and tonsillitis. By the time DH got her to the doctor, less than 12 hours after I inspected her throat, she had developed white spots. Poor thing. She's on antibiotics and pain meds and cough syrup. When she was a baby, she had horrible UTIs for the first two years until she had surgery to repair defective ureters. Since then she's been remarkably healthy, so we're always sort of surprised when she gets sick. I'm sure she'll feel much better today after the antibiotics kick in.

On a side note, now I'm a bit scared to give her Ibuprofen. She almost never takes anything, so I'm choosing not to worry too much. The other thing is, from 6 weeks old until a little past 2 years old, she was on prophylactic antibiotics for her bladder issues. She's taken every kind and developed resistance to most of them (breakthrough infections), so I'm hoping the 7 years since has been enough for them to work for her again.
Poor Keira. I hope the meds work well for her, and that she is already on the road to recovery.

Quote:
I go for my annual physical/mammogram today.
Really not my favorite thing to do!!
I don't want to hear anymore of that "at your age...." business!
I may have to stop for ice cream afterward even though it's a DD for me.
Not my favorite thing either. Maybe the ice cream will be a good incentive. Perhaps a sherbert or something light, but delicious.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
hellos to everyone!

You all are so inspirational, every one. And seriously, all I have to do is go to the weigh-in thread to feel good about all of this. Trying again today - although my rule for this last week of vacation for me is that while I am trying to keep my calories low, I'm not going to turn down anything either. So for example, if we end up going out to eat, I'll keep my choices healthy, but I'm not going to deny going because I'm trying to do a DD. I WILL be strict once school starts next week and I'm back on my regular schedule, especially after my ex leaves and I'm living alone again. So in other words, I'm starting out on a DD, and I want to keep calories lower, but I'm not going to be upset if it ends up being more like 700 cals or 1000. Not this week. Yesterday, I had to turn my DD into a MD anyway, because I was invited over to my principal's house along with other support staff for a meeting/gathering. I ended up having some food. Not heavy food. Mostly fruits and veggies, but it was enough to push me over, and one of my colleagues offered me a hard cider (it was a byob situation) and then that was another 200 calories, lol. So yeah.

Kieras_mom, so sorry your daughter got so sick and couldn't go on her trip! What a disappointment! I hope the antibiotics work for her!

Birdienell - Such good news about your nephew! Thank you for sharing that! Also, good luck on your annual! No fun. Mine is always in January, so double foul for me since I hate winter...lol.

Yam-yam, good luck on your trip! See you when you get back!

SS - that's just awful!!!! ((( No excuse for them not informing you!
olehcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Dawn, how rotten for poor Keira! I used to get tonsillitis often when I was a teen. Miserable!
If the antibiotics fail, you might want to look at extract of echinacea & golden seal. I use it whenever I have an infection, it works rather like an antibiotic. I get the Nature's Answer brand from the US, via Amazon.
(Evidently Netrition have capsules too)

BirdieNell, your nephew sounds to be improving nicely.

SlowSure, what a despicable **ck up! I hope they get things moving much more efficiently now.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 08-12-2014 at 06:52 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Slow, I have a new dress that I bought a couple weeks ago. I am wearing it to a wedding. My dear friend's son is getting married Sept. 6 and my son is the best man. I will see if I can put up a picture of it when I get back later this evening. It is a coral/cream print with some gold flecks, sleeveless. I got gold blingy sandals to go with it and think I will wear gold earrings. It will still be very hot here and the wedding is at 3 in the afternoon.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bada_bing
Stats: 157.6/147.2/135
WOE: LC and JUDD
Start Date: Restart May 20/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

Tonsilletis is the Shits. I had it several times when young, both kids had it and until the darn tonsils were taken out, they had a bout each and every year. Don't know about now but with my youngest (35) they said that he had to have 3 bouts in a 12 month period before they would take the tonsils out. Well, let's just say...he got them out with some pleading! From first hand experience, it was the worst feeling I have had!

Thanks Beadlia on the advise of blue emu...going to find some and try it out. We actually have an emu farm close and I do believe they sell the cream. Gonna check that out too!

Donna

Donna
Bada_bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Ok, here are my dress and shoes for the wedding. There is a gold belt that goes with the dress. Heels would be cuter but not for me since I've had my knees replaced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress and shoes.jpg (45.9 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by BirdieNell; 08-12-2014 at 09:52 AM..
Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Sue, I have a denim skirt that I was able to pull up about 1" more than I was last month. But no photos.is there a place for such a thing, I wonder?
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok, here are my dress and shoes for the wedding. There is a gold belt that goes with the dress. Heels would be cuter but not for me since I've had my knees replaced.
Pur-teeee! And I love the sandals. They are very attractive and will look great with that dress, and you're smart not to risk injury with heels.

Haven't worn heels myself for years, after wrecking my feet with those pointy-toed, spiky-heeled feet eaters that were about the only formal shoe you could find back in the sixties and I think into the seventies as well. I've seen them on the market again lately--shoe manufacturers must have decided that there's a new generation of women now who don't know what they can do to the human foot.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Slow, I have a new dress that I bought a couple weeks ago. I am wearing it to a wedding. My dear friend's son is getting married Sept. 6 and my son is the best man. I will see if I can put up a picture of it when I get back later this evening. It is a coral/cream print with some gold flecks, sleeveless. I got gold blingy sandals to go with it and think I will wear gold earrings. It will still be very hot here and the wedding is at 3 in the afternoon.
Birdie, I sure hope they aren't fixin' to have an outdoor wedding or reception on a September afternoon in North Central Texas! September 6 is my sister's birthday, but whatever celebrating we do will be indoors, unless we do it in her pool. Even then, we'd wait until later, when the shade gets around to that side of the house. Spending most of my life in Oregon, I never thought I'd hear anyone say, "It's just too hot to go swimming right now," but I've heard that quite a few times since moving here.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Gorgeous, and I love the toile pattern! The shoes looks perfect too.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Thanks LG!
I had my appointment this afternoon. Guess I'll get the results from the bloodwork in a few days. Afterward, I went with my daughter to look for a dress for her to wear to the wedding. She ended up with a solid coral dress that is cute on her. Of course hers is not quite as conservative as mine. Shows a little more skin and her shoes are a nude color with a peep toe and very high heel. The younger girls are all wearing those high, high heels. I noticed that they are showing a lot of dresses made with heavier fabrics. Lots of retro styles, some that look like the dresses my mom wore in the 60's.
Beadelia, the wedding will be inside and it is down in central Texas, not far from Austin. The reception is in a hall at Round Top about a 20 minute drive from the church. Luckily it is not outdoors. But you know how hot it can be just getting into a car in the middle of the afternoon and sometimes it takes at least that long to get the car cooled down. My problem is that I'm usually cold in the air conditioning and need to take a sweater with me which is just ridiculous when it's 100 degrees outside.
Round Top is where the Junk Gypsies have their store. Have you seen their show? I think it's on HGTV. They take old stuff and repurpose it to sell in their store.
Party, you're going to be wearing that skirt before you know it!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks LG!
I had my appointment this afternoon. Guess I'll get the results from the bloodwork in a few days. Afterward, I went with my daughter to look for a dress for her to wear to the wedding. She ended up with a solid coral dress that is cute on her. Of course hers is not quite as conservative as mine. Shows a little more skin and her shoes are a nude color with a peep toe and very high heel. The younger girls are all wearing those high, high heels. I noticed that they are showing a lot of dresses made with heavier fabrics. Lots of retro styles, some that look like the dresses my mom wore in the 60's.
Beadelia, the wedding will be inside and it is down in central Texas, not far from Austin. The reception is in a hall at Round Top about a 20 minute drive from the church. Luckily it is not outdoors. But you know how hot it can be just getting into a car in the middle of the afternoon and sometimes it takes at least that long to get the car cooled down. My problem is that I'm usually cold in the air conditioning and need to take a sweater with me which is just ridiculous when it's 100 degrees outside.
Round Top is where the Junk Gypsies have their store. Have you seen their show? I think it's on HGTV. They take old stuff and repurpose it to sell in their store.
Party, you're going to be wearing that skirt before you know it!
Oh, do I ever know how hot it can be getting into a car here in Texas during 100 degree weather. When we first moved here I used to get very nauseated until the AC kicked in, but I guess I'm getting acclimatized because that doesn't happen any more.

No, I haven't watched Junk Gypsies, but I think my stepmother likes that show. I do know that Round Top is supposed to have quite an antiques fair. I've only been in that general area once, but thought it was right pretty. My sister and I picked up our aunt (who turns 98 next month) at her home in Uvalde and the three of us did a few days of wildflower touring around Brenham, College Station and Lost Pines one spring maybe nine or ten years ago. Then we headed into the Hill Country, with a stop at the outlets at San Marcos and another at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin on the way. It was on that trip that Aunt D looked at herself in the motel bathroom mirror and said mournfully, "Didn't mah face used to fit?"

We love every line and wrinkle of her dear face, of course, but she'd rather not have so many. She earned 'em, though.

My sister and I always say we want to be Aunt D when we grow up. She still lives on her own, still drives (we wish she'd hang up the keys, but she won't hear about it and they renewed her license last September, so what can you do?), and she still works the NY Times crossword puzzle, her one concession to age being that she now uses a pencil instead of a pen. She's physically more frail now, but sharp as they come and wise from a lifetime of reading the scriptures and observing humanity. She still looks forward, too, building and improving things. After she was widowed she bought a new house in town and told me over the telephone, "I'm going to paint my bedroom pink. (Only she pronounced it "pank.") I've always wanted a pink bedroom, but I always shared my bedroom with a man, and you know, men are threatened by pink!"
Old 08-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Pretty, pretty frock and the sandals are just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
I have a denim skirt that I was able to pull up about 1" more than I was last month. But no photos.is there a place for such a thing, I wonder?
Your gallery attached to your account if you don't want to post it here? Like Heather did for her face photographs?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Right now work is really stressful for me. The literal environment has changed which puts my desk in an awkward orientation for me, which only increases my anxiety as it is. The last two nights I've just wanted to crawl into bed after dinner, so I haven't been online much. Maybe things will improve soon, I hope.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:09 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lost 60lbs since heaviest weight

Ahem

I know that I'm ambivalent about this for body composition reasons, but after posting today's weigh-in at 108lbs, something was niggling at me.

I've just realised that it's because my heaviest weight was 168lbs (2011) so I've shed 60lbs. 60lbs is 36% of 168lbs and 56% of my current weight.

I really could not have done it without the support of the JBs. As I demonstrated only too well when life events and diet fatigue lead me to stray in 2012 and I regained some of the weight I'd initially lost instead of being content to celebrate maintaining a better plateau.

So, to all of you and please, anyone who might be lurking or considering a JUDDD reboot after a period in the long grass, please do come back to this community - don't let a shame cycle or futile remorse keep you in that wilderness.

Last edited by SlowSure; 08-13-2014 at 03:16 AM..
Old 08-13-2014, 03:47 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Heels would be cuter but not for me since I've had my knees replaced.
Gorgeous outfit! The shoes are lovely - and there's a lot of standing around at weddings so you'll still have happy feet at the end of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
So, to all of you and please, anyone who might be lurking or considering a JUDDD reboot after a period in the long grass, please do come back to this community - don't let a shame cycle or futile remorse keep you in that wilderness.
and thanks to you too, for showing us how it's done!

Kwerp, I hope things soon settle down for you. Have you tried chamomile tea? It's nice with honey and vanilla. Very calming.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote