Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
lol I just adore you Beadelia.
And knitting/crocheting are wonderful ways to stay away from the cookie jar! lol
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Awwww -- that's howcum we're Buddds -- for support and comfort and sharing ways to get through this journey.

Crocheted most of the evening, until my arthritic thumbs were pretty sore. (Thank heaven for Blue Emu oil, which I'll put on right before I go to bed.) Was trying a new (for me) yarn, Bernat Baby Blanket, which is bulky and unimaginably soft, but a little hard to work (used an N hook to work it at all) because it tends to be kinda grabby. It doesn't want to slide on and off the hook. But it sure will be a warm winter scarf, on that far distant day when it cools down enough here in Texas to need one. It was 102 and muggy today. And at least I didn't munch -- who wants to go to all that work and then get crumbs or grease on it?
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
WOE: JUDDD
Yam-Yam: that sounds crazy! Glad you caught whatever it was. Hope your healing is successful.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Yam Yam, so glad you're ok.

Party, congratulations on stopping smoking.
Can you read while you knit? Guaranteed to keep both hands and mind distracted.

Beadelia, I'm thinking of teaching my GD to crochet. She's mad on loom bands and I think she'd love it. I gave all my stuff away years ago, so I'll have to buy her a hook and some yarn.

Can you believe my cat has just tried to mug me for my bullet-proof coffee??!??

Last edited by Flossyliz; 08-08-2014 at 05:59 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 163/157/120
WOE: juddd/4:3
Start Date: November 2, 2014
well, my DD was not successful yesterday, lol, but mostly because I had unexpected visitors right around the dinner hour from out of town) that I had to meet at a restaurant (one of them is allergic to cats and I haven't vacuumed all week, lol) , and the day had been so stressful and exhausting and I was just weak and tired. If I had just gone home that day, I would have been fine. Well, I will try again! Eventually I'm going to get this going so that when inevitable life things come up, I will be so established in rotations that I won't be fazed or weak about it!

Birdie - I know what you mean about those inservice days, LOL!! Yeah, most of the year we NEVER get to go out to lunch!

Yam-yam, glad you checked in! <3
olehcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Does the cat have the cuteness, charisma, voice and laugh of Antonio Banderas (Puss in Boots from the Shrek films)?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:39 AM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Anyone know why I just has a 3rd slice of toast, marmite and marmalade? I am definitely not pregnant.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Anyone know why I just has a 3rd slice of toast, marmite and marmalade? I am definitely not pregnant.
Toasty starch (amines), salt and sugar. What's not to love?

More seriously, from a neurobiology viewpoint, I'd say that's what appeals to some people when they experience prolonged highs of cortisol during continued periods of increased stress. There's a reason for the fab German word, Kummerspeck (grief bacon), or the deposition of increased fat round the trunk after stress/grief/long-term distress.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Toasty starch (amines), salt and sugar. What's not to love?

More seriously, from a neurobiology viewpoint, I'd say that's what appeals to some people when they experience prolonged highs of cortisol during continued periods of increased stress. There's a reason for the fab German word, Kummerspeck (grief bacon), or the deposition of increased fat round the trunk after stress/grief/long-term distress.
Grief bacon.
Now THAT is awesome!

I do have to add one quibble. Starch =/= amines. Amine groups are nitrogen based compounds, which you would get from the marmite, aka yeast extract. Starch is sugar of course.

I'd say that Cindy was needing the salt.

Last edited by kwerp; 08-08-2014 at 07:26 AM..
Old 08-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Fermented products contain amines - wine, beer, soy sauce, tempeh, miso, chocolate, cheese, sauerkraut, and even sourdough bread, so are not not suitable for your strict elimination diet. Plain yoghurt - which is listed as low in amines in the latest RPAH elimination diet handbook - may be a problem if not fresh (very sour and sharp tasting) and eaten in large quantities. As well, despite seemingly failsafe ingredients (eg flour, water, salt), yeast free bread can be made by a long rising process which encourages fermentation and can be a problem for the extra sensitive - bakers' yeast is failsafe and yeasted bread can be safer than yeast-free bread for this reason
Plus the Maillard reaction which is more about the browning of the protein for various reasons.

It's a shame you thought I was expressing starch were amines (particularly when I included the word 'toasty') but I hadn't intended to cause such confusion with my off the cuff attempt at humour. Apologies.

Last edited by SlowSure; 08-08-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Old 08-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Plus the Maillard reaction which is more about the browning of the protein for various reasons.

It's a shame you thought I was expressing starch were amines (particularly when I included the word 'toasty') but I hadn't intended to cause such confusion with my off the cuff attempt at humour. Apologies.
I wasn't trying to nitpick, honest!
Just suffering from some brain fry at work. I shouldn't have said anything.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Omg, I just had all of my day's calories for breakfast. Minus about 500. I feel sick. I was so hungry I ate two sausage biscuits and a small cafe mocha.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I had 3/4 of a blueberry bagel with cream cheese and so full. Thank goodness I'm only having a salad for lunch! Doing paperwork at my desk now and really bored. So glad it's Friday!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Omg, I just had all of my day's calories for breakfast.
That reminds me of a day on the original WW in the 70's. Anyone remember the boxes you'd check off for your daily exchanges? I had all the boxes checked off one morning, and I looked up at the kitchen clock as it struck high noon. I said, "Boy, am I in trouble now!"
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

One thing's for sure, I'm not hungry. I'll probably eat something for dinner, but I'm not too worried about going over. I rarely eat breakfast, and this is not going to happen often.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #106

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bada_bing View Post
Ladies and gentlemen:::
Yep, I am a lurker! I feel I know all of you but I don't post often. I have been on this weight loss journey my whole life but this time, it really is different in that I can see incorporating this WOE into my lifestyle. Calorie Restriction just doesn't work all the time.
I'm glad you're joining the party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! Missed you all. By the time I catch up, it will be time for me to get on a plane and head back to PA to spend some time with my sisters. Looks like this will be the last time the remaining four of us will all be together in one place. Sad. I know I told you about that before.

Can't remember if I told you I had another doctor appointment Monday? If I told you, please ignore my repetitions! She told me she could not emphasize enough the seriousness of my situation and if I had not gone to the doctor/emergency room when I did, I would have died. Serious.

So, I'm alowed to float on my back in the pool and maybe walk around in it every day, but until I heal, no activity, no lifting, no working out. I'm doing light house work, going for walks. Just nothing heavy.

When I'm healed after 8 weeks or so, I'll have a medical procedure in the hospital and get test results. If all is good, then I'll be back to normal.

So, that's the update on me! Now to go back and read up about all of you lovely JUDDDers!!
Gosh, so scary Yam. I am so glad you got to the hospital. Also that you are able to travel and visit with your sisters. I'm glad you (and DH) are taking good care of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
<3 Carol - you're a gorgeous soul. Thank you
Back at you Kati!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
But my favorite thing right now is watching the jillions of crochet videos on YouTube. I'm taking lessons at JoAnn Fabrics, but I'm a slow learner and have a memory like a steel sieve, and unfortunately the how-to-crochet-for-beginners books seem to be written for people who already know what they're doing. YouTube has all the stitches, basic and fancy, demonstrated, some in slow motion. And whatever project we're doing in class, YouTube has a video of something very similar.
Oh no, not another thing for me to spend time on online! I have to check out some crochet vids now. I haven't picked up a hook in several years, but used to love to crochet with my grandma.

Quote:
Right now I'm trying to replace the nervous munchies with sipping various flavors of herbal tea. Maybe if I can keep it up for a month, it will become my new "habit." And like you, I'm trying to keep my hands busy. I just got back from buying a ton of crochet yarn, and now I need to make a bunch of stuff to justify the expense, so hopefully the hand that holds the hook will stay out of the cookie jar -- or something like that.
How is the herbal tea working for you? Do you find it relaxes you and keeps you from snacking? For me right now it's flavored bubbly waters like Sparkling Ice. I love my hot coffee in the morning, but I can't tolerate anything else hot to drink during the summertime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I'm thinking of teaching my GD to crochet. She's mad on loom bands and I think she'd love it. I gave all my stuff away years ago, so I'll have to buy her a hook and some yarn.

Oh, do teach her! I treasure my memories of snuggling up next to my grandma as she taught me to crochet and piece patchwork, and then later when we just sat side by side working our projects. She'll love it!

That cat sounds devious! Mrrrrowwwwwrrrrr!

Quote:
I think if we could figure those moments out, we could solve all the world's problems. I hope you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Omg, I just had all of my day's calories for breakfast. Minus about 500. I feel sick. I was so hungry I ate two sausage biscuits and a small cafe mocha.
Bummer! Your body must've really been telling you to make up for not much eating lately.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Hi All! I haven't been lurking on here at all for the past few days. I had a Lymes flare up and just had no desire to be on the computer or for much else. Good news is I took a sick day on Tuesday and slept away the entire day. Literally! I slept for 28 hours straight and is was amazing.

My program at work is finally getting offices and luckily I wound up with my own instead of a shared office. I honestly didn't care I was just looking forward to no longer being in a open spaced and having a door.

Now that I've read through the board I see that there's so much happening just in one week. Hugs to everyone in need of one and a big cheesy smile to everyone who is rocking JUDDD and life in general .

Tonight I'm heading out to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with a friends (and a few kids) and I'm excited about that. The bad part is the going out to dinner. We're either going to The Cheesecake Factory or Friendly's. Neither of which measure well on the healthy food list.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Flossyliz, Emmylou Hairiest occasionally makes a grab for my tea, but she can be wild enough without a load of caffeine! Actually, caffeine is supposed to be toxic to cats, along with a lot of other things people ingest. This morning I dropped one of my arthritis pills and Emmylou went for it, but I made a dive and thankfully got there first. As you probably know,Tylenol is lethal for cats even in tiny amounts.

Have fun teaching your GD to crochet! She sounds like she's ready for it. Deborah Burger, the author of Crochet 101 (the best of the how-to books in my opinion) has a whole series of videos on YouTube.

SlowSure, grief bacon! I love it! And when you think about it, better bacon than Oreos. Thank you for a useful addition to my vocabulary.

LowCarbGal, I really can't tell yet how well trying to replace munching with herbal teas is going to work, but they do give me a great deal of pleasure so there's hope this could become a new and healthier habit. Right now I'm sipping ginger tea with a shot of lemon (lazy me, I'm using half a packet of True Lemon) and two drops of stevia. Yum. I also have blueberry, raspberry, peach, and of course mint teas, so there's a variety of flavors. They can also be made into iced tea. And like you, I love the sparkling waters, especially the ones with flavor but no sweetener.

Lili, hi back. Glad you dropped in to say hello, but very, very sorry about the Lyme flare-up. By all accounts, that can be truly miserable, both physically and sometimes psychologically. Does Lyme ever go away, or does it stay in your system like malaria?

Cheesecake Factory? Oh, dear, that sounds soooo good! I wonder if they still have the chocolate raspberry truffle. No! Must not even THINK about it!

Anyway, have a good time this evening, and I hope the Lyme leaves you alone. And congratulations on your new office!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #109

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Hi All! I haven't been lurking on here at all for the past few days. I had a Lymes flare up and just had no desire to be on the computer or for much else. Good news is I took a sick day on Tuesday and slept away the entire day. Literally! I slept for 28 hours straight and is was amazing.

My program at work is finally getting offices and luckily I wound up with my own instead of a shared office. I honestly didn't care I was just looking forward to no longer being in a open spaced and having a door.

Now that I've read through the board I see that there's so much happening just in one week. Hugs to everyone in need of one and a big cheesy smile to everyone who is rocking JUDDD and life in general .

Tonight I'm heading out to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with a friends (and a few kids) and I'm excited about that. The bad part is the going out to dinner. We're either going to The Cheesecake Factory or Friendly's. Neither of which measure well on the healthy food list.
Cheesecake Factory has a Skinnylicious menu that I absolutely adore! Lots of options from appies and drinks to full meals, and all under 600 calories each.

Glad you got an office.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
Good news to report...my nephew got moved to Dallas yesterday. Now he is only an hours drive from home. He is in a good rehab facility affiliated with one of the largest hospitals. He should get excellent care and hopefully begin to make progress. My brother and his wife will take turns staying with him. Their youngest will leave for her first year of college in a week or so. So glad they got home to spend some time with her before she goes. Thank you all, again, for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.
BirdieNell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Fantastic news, BirdieNell! So happy for you and your family.
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
Good news to report...my nephew got moved to Dallas yesterday. Now he is only an hours drive from home. He is in a good rehab facility affiliated with one of the largest hospitals. He should get excellent care and hopefully begin to make progress. My brother and his wife will take turns staying with him. Their youngest will leave for her first year of college in a week or so. So glad they got home to spend some time with her before she goes. Thank you all, again, for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.
That's wonderful news! We will keep praying. Please keep us posted on his progress.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #113

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am so [pleased to hear this BirdieNell, such a relief for them. Now we have to hope that he make good progress.

Love the reasons for my mini binge, lol. I am happy to report that it was good bread and I toast it to a crisp, Vogel Soya and Linseed. (Info for Slow and Kwerp and others in the UK.)

Good to see you Lisa, how lovely to have your own office. Sorry about the Lyme's flare up but that sleep must have done you the world of good.

Got back to our London home this evening to find the power had gone off while we were away, so I have a freezer full of food to get rid of, once it has re-frozen. Not even prepared to open the door just now. This makes me so mad. I am a baby boomer and food waste is one of my pet hates.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #114
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DaisyDebs
Stats: 199/183/143
Start Date: July 2014
Hullo all, do you mind if I join in with this chat thread?
I have been lurking for ages (trying to summon up the courage to post and introduce myself). You all sound like such wonderful people and I have learnt so much about the JUDDD lifestyle through reading the threads - so thank you for sharing your knowledge.
I'm a 44 year old working mum of 4 girlies and have reached a point of wanting to sort out my weight problem once and for all. Especially as I have let my weight stop me doing things i most enjoy doing with my girls because I felt fat, frumpy and self conscious. Seeing my 15 daughter feel self conscious on holiday, wearing shorts over her bathing suit and not wanting to swim was the wake up call I needed to realise the poor self image example I was setting was harmful for my girls. Now I'm dealing with a mothers guilt and determined to changed this!
DaisyDebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Birdie Nell, that is wonderful news and hopeful sounding as well.

Kissa, I don't think you have to be a Baby Boomer to despise losing an entire freezer of food. Terrible waste, and I hate that happened. I guess that is the downside of being a world traveler.

Daisy, welcome!! So pleased for you to join us. I think it's a very good motivation to do something about your weight in order to be the role model you would like to be for your children. I hope you love it here like we do, and I look forward to seeing you around.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 08-08-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Old 08-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, DaisyDebs. Love your name, and love your reason for wanting to take charge of your weight. With a motivation like that, how can you lose -- or rather, fail to lose?

Hope you love it here as much as I do. Please post often.

Kissa, I'm so sorry about the freezer full of food. That's a pretty big loss, and a pretty big mess for you to have to cope with. Good idea, letting it re-freeze first.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DaisyDebs
Stats: 199/183/143
Start Date: July 2014
Morning All, thank you for the warm welcome Cindy and Beadelia - so lovely to make new friends to walk this weight loss journey with x
DaisyDebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 163/157/120
WOE: juddd/4:3
Start Date: November 2, 2014
Good morning, all! Just coming in to say HI this lovely morning!!!

Birdie, great news on your nephew! Daisy, welcome! Everyone else, Saturday greetings!

*flies by*
olehcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #119

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post

Congratulations on your own office! Your own door too...sounds heavenly! I'm so sorry about your Lyme's flareup. You must have really needed that sleep bad. So how was the movie and the dinner out?

Quote:
Flossyliz, Emmylou Hairiest occasionally makes a grab for my tea, but she can be wild enough without a load of caffeine! Actually, caffeine is supposed to be toxic to cats, along with a lot of other things people ingest. This morning I dropped one of my arthritis pills and Emmylou went for it, but I made a dive and thankfully got there first. As you probably know,Tylenol is lethal for cats even in tiny amounts.

LowCarbGal, I really can't tell yet how well trying to replace munching with herbal teas is going to work, but they do give me a great deal of pleasure so there's hope this could become a new and healthier habit. Right now I'm sipping ginger tea with a shot of lemon (lazy me, I'm using half a packet of True Lemon) and two drops of stevia. Yum. I also have blueberry, raspberry, peach, and of course mint teas, so there's a variety of flavors. They can also be made into iced tea. And like you, I love the sparkling waters, especially the ones with flavor but no sweetener.
I love your cat's name - that is too cute! That is so scary when you drop a pill (or a grape with doggies) and have to make a dive to beat them to it. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

Your teas do sound good, and the iced tea is a good idea. For some reason I never make those kinds of teas into iced tea. Don't know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
Such great news, BirdieNell! I feel for his poor sister having to start this new phase of her life with all this going on. That must be very tough for her. I'll be hoping to see some news of improvements for him soon!

Quote:
Got back to our London home this evening to find the power had gone off while we were away, so I have a freezer full of food to get rid of, once it has re-frozen. Not even prepared to open the door just now. This makes me so mad. I am a baby boomer and food waste is one of my pet hates.
Oh yuck! I don't blame you for being mad. That's a lot of food and money lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDebs View Post
Hullo all, do you mind if I join in with this chat thread?
I have been lurking for ages (trying to summon up the courage to post and introduce myself). You all sound like such wonderful people and I have learnt so much about the JUDDD lifestyle through reading the threads - so thank you for sharing your knowledge.
I'm a 44 year old working mum of 4 girlies and have reached a point of wanting to sort out my weight problem once and for all. Especially as I have let my weight stop me doing things i most enjoy doing with my girls because I felt fat, frumpy and self conscious. Seeing my 15 daughter feel self conscious on holiday, wearing shorts over her bathing suit and not wanting to swim was the wake up call I needed to realise the poor self image example I was setting was harmful for my girls. Now I'm dealing with a mothers guilt and determined to changed this!
Hi DD! Yes, please do join in, and thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. This is a fun group and so supportive. I think your reasons for starting on this journey make perfect sense. You definitely want to help your girls to have great self images, and it's important for you to get that too, for yourself. Good luck, and I hope we'll see lots more of you around here! Telling us there's less of you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDebs View Post
Morning All, thank you for the warm welcome Cindy and Beadelia - so lovely to make new friends to walk this weight loss journey with x
DaisyDebs and to JUDDD

Yet another JB chiming in to say you've the best possible motivation for wanting to embark upon this.

Good Luck! Any questions, don't be at all shy about speaking up because you not only help yourself but other