Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Yam-Yam, I'm anxious to hear from you. I'm sure thinking about you!

Anyone heard anything from Patkid? She hasn't been around lately, and I'm concerned about her. I PM'd her but no answer. I hope she's okay!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Me, too. I was just wondering about her yesterday.
Yam-Yam- I'm hoping you will update us soon.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:05 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Here I am, at last, with the confessions of a naughty JUDDDer....
I know JUDDD works, especially with the support of the wonderful JBs. I just have to work it!
I'm always so happy to see a JB return to the virtual hearth, take up a comfy spot, and catch us up on what's been happening.

You were one of the JBs who inspired me, Flossyliz. I knew that you and Kissa/Cindy were both older than I am and you'd managed to reach your weight targets so I knew that it was feasible for me, even if it didn't feel like it at the time and couldn't believe that I'd ever be able to go below 130lbs.

Well done on abstaining from the Belgian chocolate and reducing other temptations for now, until you're better able to integrate them.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I haven’t caught up with anything yet, but I got back home yesterday after a wonderful holiday in France. Pleased to find I was only 3 lbs more than on the day I left — and there’s probably a couple of pounds of water from the travelling, so I hope I’ll be back to where I was pretty soon.

Last edited by Ailuros; 08-06-2014 at 03:25 AM..
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:45 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am not rotating and am getting rounder by the minute. But I know what to do and when the moment is right I'll be back on track.

Things are a little better with DD1, it seems the combination of the AD and HRT may be improving her mood. Slow progress, but anything is better that it was.
I'm pleased to read that DD1 is showing some indications of mood uplift. I hope that this continues and that no more confounders such as UTIs show up.

As for your lack of rotations - you have an admirably serene attitude to this because you know that you will do it when the time is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
I've really screwed myself up. Every day has been 2-3 to 6 (!) cigarettes yesterday.
I had a colleague who related that he and his wife could scarcely sleep at night, they'd be on the edge of alertness, listening to the baby monitor, for their first child and they were constantly using hospital-grade cleaning fluids on every available surface. This vigilance lessened for children 2-4, and he could watch his children eat mud pies without a qualm.

When the 5th arrived, he happily handed her habanero-seasoned jerky when she insisted she wanted it and said something to the effect of, "We're so tired all the time, the kids are grateful if we tether them to a post in the yard and toss them a can of Wolf Away". As parental errors go, it's destined to be a story you all laugh about in years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Right now I really need my JUDDD BUDDS!! Went to the doctor today. I'll tell you more when I can talk longer.
I was wondering if you were going to update us on what was happening. Do so when you can - you know we care what's happening with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Is there room in the JUDDD confessional for two?
...Surely you can't actually gain that much real weight in only two days of abandoned eating!

...But I wish to goodness I knew what made me do such a stupid thing and how I can keep it from ever happening again..
Entire sections of this board are confessionals. From our weigh-ins to how our DDs are going and our aspirations.

At your weight and height, and from the report of your 'abandoned eating', no, it's not plausible that it's 'real' weight rather than mostly water weight. That bounce will pass.

I agree with Librarygirl below that self-sabotage is a recurrent phenomenon, especially when there's a lot going on in various areas of your life and there's a feeling of being adrift in a sea and buffeted by streams and currents of disruption. At times, it's tiring to embrace the Invictus attitude of mastering your fate and being the captain of your soul: and that can be when these episodes occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That happens to a lot of us, Beadelia. I've been know to sabotage my successes as well
Hm, you may well have done that but, in the teeth of your menopause etc., you're succeeding in not undermining the success you have achieved. You're staying the course, not worsening anything, and making ready so that when you spot your time, you're ready for it. That's admirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
what is the best place on line to figure how many calories we need each day?
I'm another who votes for the Scooby Calculator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I know that ultimately you want to lose weight, but I just need to mention the fact that it so awesome that you can maintain a weight under 160 eating 2000+ a day....So you have a fantastic metabolism and will probably lose really well when you jump into JUDDD.
Ohlecat, I strongly agree with Carly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Anyone heard anything from Patkid? She hasn't been around lately, and I'm concerned about her. I PM'd her but no answer. I hope she's okay!
I was so pleased when I thought I saw Patkid's avatar in the daily weigh-in thread but I'd confused it for someone else's. I'm likewise concerned.

Last edited by SlowSure; 08-06-2014 at 03:49 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
WOE: JUDDD
Hope everyone is ok.

It's Wednesday, thank goodness.
Of course, it's an UD for me, and I forgot my lunch!

Granted, it wasn't going to be anything huge, but for the first time in ages I was planning to actually eat lunch....the moment I got on the bus for work I realized I hadn't packed it.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:15 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slimstuff
It's a DD for me but I'm so happy to be the same weight as yesterday morning!! I had a wonderful UD yesterday.
slimstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #68

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I was worrying about Patkid too...
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:34 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MargD
Stats: 134/117/115 (Orig. 180)
WOE: Pescatarian/LC/4:3
Start Date: May, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Hope everyone is ok.

It's Wednesday, thank goodness.
Of course, it's an UD for me, and I forgot my lunch!
This almost happened to me yesterday and I would have been devastated! My sweet husband happened to see it and chased after me.
MargD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:40 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargD View Post
This almost happened to me yesterday and I would have been devastated! My sweet husband happened to see it and chased after me.
It's a good reinforcement I suppose. I'm used to being hungry at work.
It also means that I have to eat the rest of my UD calories after work, and I didn't have a huge breakfast.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Thanks for the warm welcome back from my old friends on this fantastic forum.
SS, I'll be relieved to be the other side of 130 again!

Just logging in and posting here yesterday made a huge difference to my DD - though I was HUNGRY!!!
Of course, I'm not at all hungry today on my UD and I've 1500 calories to eat sometime. JUDDDing is so tough!

Beadelia, to gain four pounds overnight you'd have to have eaten at least 14,000 calories yesterday.
That's hardly likely so yes, it's fluid!
I understand that feeling when some food is calling out to you "Eat me! EAT ME NOW!!!"
Our minds are powerful adversaries until we learn how to tell them to get lost! (I've had to ban Sainsbury's fruit and nut chocolate from our house.)
Also that tendency to feel that you've blown it - and then really go and blow it. Don't beat yourself up.Your body's adjusting and you've been having a stressful time recently. Be gentle with yourself!
The nice thing about JUDDD is that we just start over with a DD and the rotations soon sort things out for us.
I hope you're having a much better day today.

Ailuros, congratulations on maintaining your weight on vacation. Awesome!

I've read the rest of this thread and some of you are having some heavy challenges. I hope things soon become much easier for you and your families.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
It's a good reinforcement I suppose. I'm used to being hungry at work.
It also means that I have to eat the rest of my UD calories after work, and I didn't have a huge breakfast.
You'll be able to have a spectacular dinner!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
Beadelia, sometimes I just think there's a rebel inside of me that really rebels against rules, especially diet rules. Maybe there's one in you as well. You'll get it back in control and that water weight will be gone before you know it. Be strong!

Oh no, Kwerp! You might have to eat some ice cream tonight to get all those calories in.
BirdieNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:26 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I just love all of you. Sometimes things get a little busy or overwhelming and I just can't be a part of things like I'd like, so I just don't say much. I do still read and lurk, even when I'm not posting a lot.

I've been wondering where Pat has been as well. I do hope she'll be back soon. She's such a wonderful presence on this board.

I haven't had the huge appetite recently that I usually have, and have been eating less on UDs. I doubt it will become the norm, but I am enjoying it for the moment. I ate so little yesterday, compared to my regular UDs, I had to calculate if it was enough that I could do a DD today. Never thought I'd have that problem! Anyway, I'm going ahead and doing a DD, but maybe not a super low one. I might starve.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/168/170
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Good Morning J'buds!

I love lurking on the boards hearing all the takes on the Juddd lifestyle. I always take away something that I can use to fit comfortably into how I work the Juddd life. I don't weigh everyday because I am still healing from my knee replacement but when I do it's always after a dd. I like lurking the weigh in board to watch the trend of other Juddd'er. I notice the up's and down's but eventually it ends up in a drop. My dd are better b/c I started off at 500 but at about 3 weeks in I found out that I really wasn't hungry until almost dinner so I was able to get it down to 300-400. On my ud when I wake up I'm still not hungry but I try to eat something small and try to have a decent lunch and dinner. It's been good this time around and I'm happy I found my way back to Juddd and some of the most encouraging people.
Thanks!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Librarygirl, we miss you when you're not around. But we understand! Hope the small appetite continues for you!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

KJ-43, glad your knee is healing! Good to see you this morning!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Wow--busy board this morning!

First of all, many thanks to everyone who responded to my post about my insane binge and subsequent gain. You really helped me put this in perspective. It's good to know that I'm not the only person who does things like this. I've lived to tell about it, and now I will move on. I'm not getting on the scale for a few days, but am definitely feeling better after a day of eating more sanely.

Today should be a DD, and I plan to eat very little until later because my usual Tuesday evening crochet class got moved to Wednesday this week. That will keep me out later than I like, and I want to be mentally sharp for the class, so eating right before I go is best. I plan to take along one of those individual serving cartons of unsweetened almond milk (40 calories, 1 net carb) to have before driving home if I feel a little shaky. No more Quest bars--they might as well be Snickers!

SlowSure, that was a wonderful story about the colleague who gradually relaxed his approach to child rearing. My sister and I joke that our parents learned on me and she reaped the benefits. When it came her turn to be a mom, she was pretty relaxed and let the kids be kids, but her neighbor was a fanatic cleaner and kept every surface super-sanitized, terrified her children would pick up a stray germ. My niece and nephew were healthy, happy, active kids, but the neighbor's pale, sickly children looked as if they had sprouted under a board. Sister says she thinks it's good to let kids be exposed to germs, within reason of course, so they build up some natural immunity.

Of course, my sister did get a little shaken when, long after they'd moved away, the paper reported a cougar prowling her old neighborhood. Germs are one thing, large predatory cats another.

Librarygirl, just a word of caution. Right before I went insane and started eating everything that wasn't nailed down, I had a week or so of wondering where my appetite had gone, and eating between 800 and 1100 calories a day. I just wasn't hungry, and couldn't do either UDs or DDs properly, so made them all MDs. It could be your appetite is lurking someplace close by, waiting to spring on you when you least expect it. Not saying it will, just warning it might.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Hugs everyone. Joining the quit smoking forums over on about. It helped last time. You really don't need to hear my self loathing. 2 weeks in and I'm like what the hell am I doing?!
My skirts I made just made me feel extra fat, like I was wearing bed sheets... I have to go see my Mom (nerves) and family in a couple days and I really wanted to look nice so I'd atleast have that.
I should have named my screen name Party of Whine. I'm sorry ladies.
I've smoked my last cigarette - 2 week set back - not a huge deal, forgive myself and move on. I have got to stop the self defeating behaviors! Then back to JUDDD, just calorie counting right now.
Goal#1: Fit into my wedding dress (265 will do it)
Goal#2: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt (Guessing 215)
Restart weight: 307 on 12/1
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.

Last edited by Partyof7; 08-06-2014 at 07:56 PM..
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

and also, thank you all for dealing with my nuttier than chinese chicken salad ramblings. I really, really appreciate it.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #81

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Kati, that's what we're here for. We've all come here to rant or vent.....I wouldn't call what you've done whining anyway. I'm sorry it's been a tough time for you.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 163/157/120
WOE: juddd/4:3
Start Date: November 2, 2014
okay, guys, I'm going to try a DD today! It's a good day to do it. I'm going to be very busy all day with kindergarten screening, will barely have time to eat all day, much less think about food!

By the way, I've maintained my weight during the past week or two of not doing DDs.

Yes, Carly, actually I think I do have a very good metabolism. So I figure if I'm maintaining my weight by eating whatever I want and going out to dinner or lunch a lot and drinking quite a bit of wine (those things won't be lasting much longer, just because summer is winding to an end) at about 2000, then yes, when I throw those rotations in, there is no doubt I'll be losing weight!

Yes, I hope Patkid is okay, still thinking about Yam-yam, sending good thoughts out to all of you who are struggling!
olehcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

You'll do great Olehcat. You'll be so busy you won't even have time to think about food. I still have one more week before I'll be back to school. I always do better during the school year. I don't take food with me on my dd's and I'm not tempted by the cafeteria food so it works out great. During school, I do MWF down days, unless there's going to be a luncheon or something and then I switch it up or try to do a MD.
My next hurdle is the week of inservice when my friends will want to go out to eat for lunch every day since it's the only time during the year when we get to actually eat out in "the real world". When that week is over then I will get settled into a pretty good routine. At least that's the plan anyway.
Have a great day!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bada_bing
Stats: 157.6/147.2/135
WOE: LC and JUDD
Start Date: Restart May 20/14
Quote:
Hugs everyone. Joining the quit smoking forums over on about. It helped last time. You really don't need to hear my self loathing. 2 weeks in and I'm like what the hell am I doing?!

I've smoked my last cigarette - 2 week set back - not a huge deal, forgive myself and move on. I have got to stop the self defeating behaviors! Then back to JUDDD, just calorie counting right now.
Hey, PARTY, I am a 3+ year quitter over at about. What is your screen name? Gonna look for ya, my screen name on about is Need_Freedom. I do believe that I was so ready however, it was all the cyber friends who helped through the rough patches. Forums are the best thing since sliced bread!!!! Please nip it now...don't let the demon put his hooks in you...expensive and dirty, unhealthy and deadly! You can do it, get rid of the sticks firstly....looking for ya!
Bada_bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bada_bing
Stats: 157.6/147.2/135
WOE: LC and JUDD
Start Date: Restart May 20/14
Ladies and gentlemen:::
Yep, I am a lurker! I feel I know all of you but I don't post often. I have been on this weight loss journey my whole life but this time, it really is different in that I can see incorporating this WOE into my lifestyle. Calorie Restriction just doesn't work all the time.

I am now back to empty nesting after having neighbours/friends spent a week with us as their home was sold and their RV was not ready for delivery yet. And my DD arrived for a 5 day stay too. It is great to have ordinary plain routine back! It makes DD so much easier to not have people eating around you all the time! Not that any of these people are big eaters but I do pray every day that my DD will catch the diet bug seriously and lose 75 lbs. But I can't do it for her!

Hoping Yam Yam is doing fine and everyone else too..glad Kissa's DD is on the mend.to all

Donna
Bada_bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Peeps!!

Finally got our Internet up and running again late yesterday. I had so much bill paying, email checking and shopping to do, I didn't have time to pop in here.

Wow! I miss not having the Internet to run to for every little thing! I know I can use my phone to look things up, but getting on the JUDDD forum and actually typing posts would be hard.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! Missed you all. By the time I catch up, it will be time for me to get on a plane and head back to PA to spend some time with my sisters. Looks like this will be the last time the remaining four of us will all be together in one place. Sad. I know I told you about that before.

Can't remember if I told you I had another doctor appointment Monday? If I told you, please ignore my repetitions! She told me she could not emphasize enough the seriousness of my situation and if I had not gone to the doctor/emergency room when I did, I would have died. Serious.

So, I'm alowed to float on my back in the pool and maybe walk around in it every day, but until I heal, no activity, no lifting, no working out. I'm doing light house work, going for walks. Just nothing heavy.

When I'm healed after 8 weeks or so, I'll have a medical procedure in the hospital and get test results. If all is good, then I'll be back to normal.

So, that's the update on me! Now to go back and read up about all of you lovely JUDDDers!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 08-07-2014 at 11:12 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Donna - I will do as soon as I can remember mine or start a new one here. Thank you. Found my old patches and put them on. It's been easy so far again. It's been nearly 3 years since I quit (Sept!) so I am thinking this will be easier - but I can't believe how easy it is to get rehooked! SCARY!
Since I've lost food as my comforting measure, I can't turn to cigarettes. Pre-kids I did middle eastern dance - not a lot of time for that. lol So its knitting and forums and sewing in my spare time.

Yam-Yam...What is exactly going on with you? I may have missed it, but I never got to see what you dx was... Hugs, friend.

Cindy - Sounds like a pizza buffet night. lol

Sue- LAUGHED about the Wolfaway. So true, so true! How is your bite?

Ok, I'm out of here. Big day tomorrow. <3 Carol - you're a gorgeous soul. Thank you
Old 08-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Yam, it is so good to hear from you and know you are okay! Sounds scary about the "could have died" part. Good grief. Crazy how these things just come up out of the blue and smack us pretty hard. Take good good care of yourself! I know you will.
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hi Peeps!!

Finally got our Internet up and running again late yesterday. I had so much bill paying, email checking and shopping to do, I didn't have time to pop in here.
Wow! I miss not having the Internet to run to for every little thing! I know I can use my phone to look things up, but getting on the JUDDD forum and actually typing posts would be hard.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! Missed you all. By the time I catch up, it will be time for me to get on a plane and head back to PA to spend some time with my sisters. Looks like this will be the last time the remaining four of us will all be together in one place. Sad. I know I told you about that before.

Can't remember if I told you I had another doctor appointment Monday? If I told you, please ignore my repetitions! She told me she could not emphasize enough the seriousness of my situation and if I had not gone to the doctor/emergency room when I did, I would have died. Serious.

So, I'm alowed to float on my back in the pool and maybe walk around in it every day, but until I heal, no activity, no lifting, no working out. I'm doing light house work, going for walks. Just nothing heavy.

When I'm healed after 8 weeks or so, I'll have a medical procedure in the hospital and get test results. If all is good, then I'll be back to normal.

So, that's the update on me! Now to go back and read up about all of you lovely JUDDDers!!

Yam-Yam, thank you for the update. Yes, you mentioned the doctor's appointment and that you'd bring us up to date when you could, and then you fell silent leaving us to imagine the worst, so it's a relief to hear from you. This still sounds pretty scary, especially that "would have died" part, and you know that you remain in our prayers. (We need a "worried" smiley. Also a "yikes!" smiley.)

I'm glad you're back on the internet again, but probably not as glad as you are! We sure have come to depend on it, haven't we? Social contacts, news, recipes, bank statements, medical information (though sometimes I scare myself checking out symptoms!), TV listings, diet information, calorie counts, music, old movies, book buying, finding the peanut butter I love but can't get here, you name it. Since moving to the tornado belt I check the weather frequently, especially if things look a little unstable, just to make sure we're not about to be vacuumed up. But my favorite thing right now is watching the jillions of crochet videos on YouTube. I'm taking lessons at JoAnn Fabrics, but I'm a slow learner and have a memory like a steel sieve, and unfortunately the how-to-crochet-for-beginners books seem to be written for people who already know what they're doing. YouTube has all the stitches, basic and fancy, demonstrated, some in slow motion. And whatever project we're doing in class, YouTube has a video of something very similar.

Anyway, welcome back to the cyber community, and here's wishing you a safe trip and a blessed visit with your family. I'm so sorry for the circumstances, so my prayers go with you for this visit, too.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Donna - I will do as soon as I can remember mine or start a new one here. Thank you. Found my old patches and put them on. It's been easy so far again. It's been nearly 3 years since I quit (Sept!) so I am thinking this will be easier - but I can't believe how easy it is to get rehooked! SCARY!
Since I've lost food as my comforting measure, I can't turn to cigarettes. Pre-kids I did middle eastern dance - not a lot of time for that. lol So its knitting and forums and sewing in my spare time.

Yam-Yam...What is exactly going on with you? I may have missed it, but I never got to see what you dx was... Hugs, friend.

Cindy - Sounds like a pizza buffet night. lol

Sue- LAUGHED about the Wolfaway. So true, so true! How is your bite?

Ok, I'm out of here. Big day tomorrow. <3 Carol - you're a gorgeous soul. Thank you

Party, I'm so glad you've pitched the cigarettes! I know it's really hard to quit and stay quit (my DH, a recovering alcoholic who gave up tobacco about a year after he quit drinking, said quitting smoking was by far the harder of the two), but you did it before, and you have at least seven good reasons to do it again. Good for you for getting support.

And don't worry about venting here. Isn't that what we're here for -- to listen to and support each other? As you may have noticed, you are not the only one who had a setback lately, and, as you so aptly put it, a session of self-loathing. Each of us wants to think we're "better than that," but the truth is, we're all too human. But being human, we have the option of learning from our mistakes and starting over.

Right now I'm trying to replace the nervous munchies with sipping various flavors of herbal tea. Maybe if I can keep it up for a month, it will become my new "habit." And like you, I'm trying to keep my hands busy. I just got back from buying a ton of crochet yarn, and now I need to make a bunch of stuff to justify the expense, so hopefully the hand that holds the hook will stay out of the cookie jar -- or something like that.

Anyway, we understand, and are rooting for you. You'll make it. Please keep us posted.