Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
So sorry, Beadelia. Prayer said. Is his condition medically reversable?
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Prayers and hugs for Beadalia's DH and Birdie's nephew.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Thanks to everyone for your prayers, kind words, and cyber hugs. Sometimes things get a little scary, don't they? There isn't much they can do about the Alzheimer's -- a combination of Aricept and Namenda brought about 3 years of improvement, but the neurologist told us that the disease would eventually overcome the drugs, and it has. I'm grateful for the reprieve we had.

Our doctor recently increased DH's oral diabetes drugs, and I'm hoping that will be enough, and that he won't have to have insulin shots. But that may be next. I don't know if the neurological damage can be reversed or not. An elderly friend discovered that he had diabetes after he began having vision problems, but those problems and the diabetes were reversed after he lost 40 lbs. However, DH is not overweight, so that isn't an option. We just have to face the fact that DH will be 86 years old this month, has diabetes and dementia, and all we can do is try to make this end of his life as good as it can be under the circumstances. Fortunately, he doesn't realize his situation, and is basically happy. I'm grateful for that, and that he's being well cared for by people who know how -- his needs got way beyond my ability to cope with them.

Birdie, I'm so sorry your nephew has this new problem, and pray they can find the source and get it solved fast. Also praying that he'll be transferred to Dallas ASAP. As I learned when my sister developed primary sclerosing cholangitis went through her liver transplant and subsequent bouts of cytomegalovirus (she never gets anything with fewer than eleventy-seven syllables), if you have to have a medical problem, this is one of the best places in the world to have it! I'm also extremely sorry that the insurance company is meddling. Medical decisions need to be made by doctors, not clerks!

And yes, I'm loving this cooler weather. It's been nice to open the windows and let the house air out! Also, I thought I was going to have to wait until October to clean the garage, but I made a big start today. I know that isn't everybody's idea of fun, but you've no idea how that's been bugging me. Tomorrow after Mass I'll haul a ton of stuff out to the curb for whoever wants to pick through it before the trash company comes by on Monday.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sending good thought to your DH Beadelia, so sad to lose that vibrant man you married. But as you say at least he has good care and is happy.

Birdie, it is not good when insurers start to call the shots! I do hope they can control the infection soon and I really wish him a good recovery. So hard for all your family.

Yes, August has leapt on us from nowhere. I am not rotating and am getting rounder by the minute. But I know what to do and when the moment is right I'll be back on track.

Things are a little better with DD1, it seems the combination of the AD and HRT may be improving her mood. Slow progress, but anything is better that it was.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy- I'm glad to hear that DD1 is making progress. How is Vicky? She has not been around in a while.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Kissa, so glad to hear of some progress for your DD. As you say, even if it's slow, at least it's something. Still praying.

Today I was a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad girl. I didn't just not watch what I was eating, I didn't give any thought to what I was eating, didn't prepare meals, and just sort of snapped at the most easily available things as they went by. That is what happens when you try to cram too much into a day, and don't take time to prepare. The result, of course, is that I ate a lot of the wrong things and right now I feel rotten. There's a graphic Southern expression for the way I feel, but my mother was a lady and tried to raise me to be one, so I won't use it. I wish there were a delete button for the way I ate today, but the best I can do is hit "reset" when I get up tomorrow morning.

At least I had a good visit with DH this afternoon. It was pretty warm, but there was a little breeze and we were able to sit out on the front porch of his nursing home at watch the clouds. I took my crochet along, and we enjoyed the rocking chairs and the half-grown bunny that dropped by and nibbled on the grass just a few feet away. I'd love to have a rocking chair to crochet in at home, but sooner or later Emmylou Hairiest would get her long, elegant tail under one of the rockers and get hurt. Do you older ladies remember Tennessee Ernie Ford describing somebody as being "as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs"? He used to make me laugh so hard, and I still love his singing.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:51 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
oh beadelia, I know what you mean about wanting a delete button for the way you eat on a given day! You've had a lot of stress lately, so that probably explains the snap!

Birdie - sorry to hear about the new problem with your nephew! Am really sending out good thoughts for him!

Well, I am heading back to work/school for the first time about 2 months...have to get my head back in the game after a gloriously free summer (compared to last year when I had to take a long, stressful grad level class). I am not a classroom teacher, so there is not a whole lot I can do to "prepare" over the summer, as I won't even know my caseload until the year is underway, but my classroom is complete messy chaos and I need to dip into doing something about that. Two people at my school who do the same thing I do (reading) retired at the end of last year and we hired someone new, and the long and the short of it is that my classroom is in total chaos with all the belongings from the people who retired cluttered in there, as well as my own stuff, and I need to start going in this week and making something of the mess! Also, I am in charge of a team of us who screens/registers the new kindergarteners at our school, and so that will be at the end of this week. So my brain is hopping around in a semi-panic right now, lol. School doesn't actually start for another 2 weeks.

Anyway, am having trouble getting back into rotations, but I will, I think JUDDD is something I'm destined to do, that is my answer to weight loss and health. And JUDDD Buds are awesome, too!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #38

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning all! happy Monday!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Morning! I'm back to work and hopefully back to rotations as well. I haven't been eating very much and haven't gained, but I have been eating some junky stuff. I didn't eat much yesterday, but probably got in 1600-1700 calories. Enough, but less than I usually eat on rotations (UDs). So, today's DD might be a challenge. Wish me luck!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Working on laying new flooring this morning, as well as making a big pot of soup for all day sipping. I got a rug off the loom yesterday, and am already thinking about the next one. I'd like to do a larger one, out of old denim for Honey's area, once this new floor is in.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
Good morning everyone! Today is the day...I'm going to get back to rotations!! Seriously, if I don't, I'll be having to shop for new pants and I refuse to do that. I helped with a bridal shower this weekend and it was just a carb/sugar fest. All delicious but not very nutritious. I don't feel so great this morning and I think it's probably from eating too much sugar yesterday.
My plan is to wait until at least 2:00 to eat and then it's going to be some veggies and protein. NO SUGAR!!

Olehcat-It sounds like you and I have similar jobs. Last year I went from being a classroom teacher in Kindergarten to the position of Kindergarten RTI teacher. My room is a jumbled mess so I will have to make time to get it back in order. I don't know why they can't put the furniture back in place after they clean the carpet. They always stack everything in one corner of the room at my school. I have two more weeks until inservice starts, the kids come back on the 25th. I shouldn't be whining, I do better when I have a set schedule and routine and I know that, but I still hate to give up the summer freedom.

Everyone have a great day!
BirdieNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Just sending a special blessing to all you teachers, special ed or otherwise. In spite of one of the most challenging jobs in the world, most of you are candidates for sainthood.

Several of us Buddds seem to have gotten a bit off track food-wise just lately, but there's nothing like a Monday for picking ourselves up and dusting ourselves off and getting back on track. When I look in the mirror today what looks back at me is the reflection of all the bad stuff I ate yesterday, and I don't like it. I seem to have reached the age where any dietary indiscretion is literally written all over my face. So today I'm making a special effort to eat "pure," and am guzzling lots of water in an effort to flush some of the toxins out of my system. But I'll wait a few days before getting on the scale!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Beadelia - Prayers for you and husband. I am sure your words will echo in my mind the next time I feel tempted to over do it on the sugar.

Hi Kay , Carol, Cici, Nell, Sue, Cindy, Kwerp, Oleh and Alec :wave

I've really screwed myself up. Every day has been 2-3 to 6 (!) cigarettes yesterday.

Yesterday, I took the kids to a river (our first time) and they collected a bunch of salemanders. I just thought it would be a fun childhood memory...
They brought a few home to play with. DH sees them and decides to look up what they are.
Oh, only poisonous brown rough skinned newts.
They are more lethal than any thing else with enough posion to kill 25k mice in them or several adult humans...
Ofcourse, you have to ingest them - but still - pets and a 2 year old and an 9 month old - and anything can happen.
After the time had passed and I had calmed down about the incident since clearly no one was going to die (Thank you G-d), I really started beating myself up. Hence, the smoking.

Today is a DD, and I am fixing to go clear off the sewing table of everyone's crap and make myself a skirt to fit my 291 pounds and holding steady figure. It will keep me from smoking and eating, give me something beautiful to wear, and make me happy.
NSG#1: Log 40 hours of Callanetics by my bday
NSG#2: Fit into my wedding dress
NSG#3: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Oh dumb. I'm sorry every one, there was only one page that showed up with I posted my message.
Hello JUDDD buds!
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BirdieNell
Stats: 155/130/120
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: December 2011
Kati, it's all going to be all right. Nobody died! Give yourself a break! and throw those cigarettes away. You got this!
BirdieNell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi JBs! I have been on a break from rotations this week, and it seems to be a recurring thing. Hoping to get back into it with a vengeance next week. I have enjoyed this week pretty much guilt free, as I needed some time for myself--to not think about diet and concentrate on other things. Seems like everyone's set for a great month, and I intend to join you!
A mental break may be just the thing to help you get back to rotations this week. I hope you'll find your groove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Kind of a scary thing happened this week. Wednesday I got a call from the podiatrist serving the residents at my husband's nursing home telling me that he has a big open ulcer on one foot, and that when she cleaned and treated it he didn't even flinch -- he has no feeling down there. Now I know why he was able to walk around in a pair of Crocs with a huge area of one sole completely worn through and not realize there was something wrong. I know he didn't have this ulcer the previous Thursday when I took him to the dermatologist, so it happened fairly fast.

Not only am I really worried about DH, whose type 2 diabetes was well controlled until recently but whose numbers have been going up, but this reminds me that diabetes can be doing terrible things to our bodies without our being aware of it. Both my grandmothers became diabetic, and both lost most of their eyesight. I'm edging into the "pre-diabetic" range, and don't want to follow my two dear grannies. I'm hoping that as I lose weight, my own numbers will reverse, but I wish with all my heart that I'd never allowed the foods that harmed DH into the house. Who knows -- maybe the Alzheimer's could even have been delayed or prevented, and he might be enjoying the happy, active old age I wanted for him.

All you diabetics and pre-diabetics out there, please, please be careful. Sugar is poison, and starch turns into a rapidly-absorbed sugar when you eat it. That bagel, that donut, and that gooey chocolate brownie just are not worth what they can do to you. Take care of yourselves, because once the damage is done, it's done. And those who pray, please say one for DH. He doesn't need any more problems -- Alzheimer's is more than enough trouble for anyone.

Thank you.
That is very scary Beadelia. I'm so sorry for this added stress on you and DH's health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
My nephew is still in El Paso. Insurance company is calling the shots now. He was moved out of ICU into a regular hospital room for a couple of days. Now he is back to ICU. He was set to be moved to Dallas this weekend but his temperature is back up and they can't seem to find the cause. Possibly has an infected lung. They did another brain surgery to see if there was infection in the brain and took some samples of scar tissue to study. Don't know if they got the results yet. We are still hoping and praying for him to regain consciousness and begin to recover. Thank you all for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.
So sorry to hear about the temp/infection. Hopefully they can identify it quickly and get it back under control. And that they can get him moved to Dallas soon. still coming his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yes, August has leapt on us from nowhere. I am not rotating and am getting rounder by the minute. But I know what to do and when the moment is right I'll be back on track.

Things are a little better with DD1, it seems the combination of the AD and HRT may be improving her mood. Slow progress, but anything is better that it was.
I'm so glad DD1 is showing some improvement. How is her DH handling all of this? You will definitely get back to your happy weight when the time is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
At least I had a good visit with DH this afternoon. It was pretty warm, but there was a little breeze and we were able to sit out on the front porch of his nursing home at watch the clouds. I took my crochet along, and we enjoyed the rocking chairs and the half-grown bunny that dropped by and nibbled on the grass just a few feet away. I'd love to have a rocking chair to crochet in at home, but sooner or later Emmylou Hairiest would get her long, elegant tail under one of the rockers and get hurt. Do you older ladies remember Tennessee Ernie Ford describing somebody as being "as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs"? He used to make me laugh so hard, and I still love his singing.
That sounds so lovely! What a great description of pleasant surroundings.

That Tennessee Ernie Ford saying! I have used that one since I first heard it on I Love Lucy when I was a kid. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Working on laying new flooring this morning, as well as making a big pot of soup for all day sipping. I got a rug off the loom yesterday, and am already thinking about the next one. I'd like to do a larger one, out of old denim for Honey's area, once this new floor is in.
You are always so industrious! You make me look bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Yesterday, I took the kids to a river (our first time) and they collected a bunch of salemanders. I just thought it would be a fun childhood memory...
They brought a few home to play with. DH sees them and decides to look up what they are.
They are more lethal than any thing else with enough posion to kill 25k mice in them or several adult humans...
Ofcourse, you have to ingest them - but still - pets and a 2 year old and an 9 month old - and anything can happen.
After the time had passed and I had calmed down about the incident since clearly no one was going to die (Thank you G-d), I really started beating myself up. Hence, the smoking.

Today is a DD, and I am fixing to go clear off the sewing table of everyone's crap and make myself a skirt to fit my 291 pounds and holding steady figure. It will keep me from smoking and eating, give me something beautiful to wear, and make me happy.
Oh my gosh! Who would've thought? When we were kids we played with frogs and toads and pollywogs and bugs and didn't give it a second thought, so don't beat yourself up! So glad everyone is okay. And get rid of those cigs girl! We need you healthy!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I can only pop in to say that our Internet went down Saturday morning. Apparently the router crashed but I got a new one. That didn't work and now Comcast is saying our coaxial cable is bad. They are supposed to come out Wednesday late afternoon to hopefully fix it.

It's driving me nuts not to have it. I'm going to have to go find a hot spot until we get this fixed.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Birdie: Will be praying that the source of infection/fever is found and that he will soon wake up and begin to improve.

Beadealia: That is so scary about your DH losing feeling in his feet. Praying his numbers will come down on BG.

I'll be checking in when I can, using someone else's Internet access.

Right now I really need my JUDDD BUDDS!! Went to the doctor today. I'll tell you more when I can talk longer. But, I've been eating too much the last few days. I really needed a good DD today, but DH took me to the doc and we were both kinda stressed and he really wanted to go out for lunch.

Even though I was not hungry, I ate anyway. Ain't it funny how we can do that!!! When my skinny grand kids are not hungry, they just say "I'm not hungry!" When I am not hungry, I eat anyway.

OK, gotta go. Talk at ya when I can. Hopefully the technician guy from Comcast will fix our router and cable on Wednesday!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #49

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lost a long post this morning, gist of it was sorry about the problems of others, many thanks for the kind thought coming my way and that I am lucky to be weighing in at 134.

Had intended to have a great DD, then neighbour with cancer asked us in for supper, some things you don't refuse.

Yamster, you are so right. That is why IE never worked for me.

Last edited by Kissa; 08-04-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeanieS
Stats: 275/245/size12 (44 yrs/5'8"/size20)
WOE: LC 4/4-5/27/14 lost 17, JUDDD 5/28/14 258/245
Start Date: 4/4/2014
Just a quick drop in to say hi. Finally seeing the scale move again after a few weeks stall. Now I'm getting over a cold/sinus infection. There isn't anything going around here so no idea how I caught this darn thing. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer while it's still here!
DeanieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Beadelia - Prayers for you and husband. I am sure your words will echo in my mind the next time I feel tempted to over do it on the sugar.

Hi Kay , Carol, Cici, Nell, Sue, Cindy, Kwerp, Oleh and Alec :wave

I've really screwed myself up. Every day has been 2-3 to 6 (!) cigarettes yesterday.

Party, when she was just 60 years old my beautiful mother died of lung cancer. Please don't put your kids through the anguish of losing you to that disease. Now, Mom's doctor told her it was a smoker's cancer, but she never smoked. However, her father and brothers smoked around her, and my Dad did too, though he quit when I was about eleven. But the thought that he might have been responsible for her illness was deeply troubling to him. There's also some indication that childhood exposure to secondhand smoke increases an adult's vulnerability to heart attack and stroke. Secondhand Smoke in Childhood Thickens Arteries

Am I scaring you yet? I'm sure trying to! For your kids' sake as well as for your own, get rid of the cigarettes! You did it once, and you can do it again because you are a strong woman who cares. Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Birdie: Will be praying that the source of infection/fever is found and that he will soon wake up and begin to improve.

Beadealia: That is so scary about your DH losing feeling in his feet. Praying his numbers will come down on BG.

I'll be checking in when I can, using someone else's Internet access.

Right now I really need my JUDDD BUDDS!! Went to the doctor today. I'll tell you more when I can talk longer. But, I've been eating too much the last few days. I really needed a good DD today, but DH took me to the doc and we were both kinda stressed and he really wanted to go out for lunch.

Even though I was not hungry, I ate anyway. Ain't it funny how we can do that!!! When my skinny grand kids are not hungry, they just say "I'm not hungry!" When I am not hungry, I eat anyway.

OK, gotta go. Talk at ya when I can. Hopefully the technician guy from Comcast will fix our router and cable on Wednesday!

Yam-Yam, I don't like the sound of this. Tell us as much as you want us to know as soon as you can, and in the meantime, prayers are doubled. And yes, this business of eating when we are not hungry but are stressed is really, really weird. And dangerous, because that beastly little stress hormone cortisol applies what we eat right to our midsections.

DeanieS, I hope the sinus infection clears up fast. Those things are miserable. But congratulations in getting the scale to move!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:50 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Here I am, at last, with the confessions of a naughty JUDDDer.
Actually, I can't claim to have been JUDDDing.
Each morning, I mark the day on my chart as a DD. The following morning, I change it to UD and mark today as a DD .......

I'm not overeating - thank goodness! - but I'm certainly not shifting the weight that crept back on after Dad died and the three holidays plus several birthday celebrations that followed. I stuck to my promise and haven't bought any more of the Belgian chocolate I'd developed a passion for. However, I've been enjoying a glass of wine each evening, not to excess but more often than is conducive to weight loss.

I need to lose at least 10lbs. As we know, the pants don't lie. I refuse to buy bigger ones but my jeans are uncomfortable, with the muffin top I was so glad to lose. Amazingly I still have my lovely JUDDD waist.
So, It's time to be accountable. I know I succeeded before because of the support on this fantastic forum. I logged my weight here every day and also used the daily menu page to my advantage.

I know JUDDD works, especially with the support of the wonderful JBs. I just have to work it!
So, here are my resolutions:
Count calories
Use the menu page
No midweek wine

IT'S TIME!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:09 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Sending positive vibes to those who are struggling.
Good luck to those conquering their DD.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:34 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Hugs to all who need them and welcome back Flossy!!! Good to see you!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Flossyliz, and here's wishing you every success. If you did it once, you can do it again, and everyone here is cheering for you.

Is there room in the JUDDD confessional for two?

I can't figure me out. Saturday I had pushed the scale down below 190 again, and figured I was on my way to making that permanent. Sunday was a really bad eating day, crammed with too much to do and complicated by a lack of planning and preparation. I told myself I couldn't do too much damage in one day anyway, and yesterday I woke up determined to get right back on track. Instead, I started obsessing about the Quest protein bars in the pantry -- the ones I'd bought so I'd have something to stick in my purse when I left the house but vowed I wouldn't eat at home. There was nearly a whole box, but by evening I'd eaten all but one and felt absolutely AWFUL. Then I went to Burger King and held nothing back. I wasn't actually hungry yesterday and I had plenty of good low carb, nourishing food on hand, so it was all in my head -- and I lost it.

This morning I'm up 4.9 lbs, and feel bloated, achy, mentally sluggish, and disgusted with myself. Could it be that I just can't handle success, even small successes?

Today I'm determined to eat right, log calories and carbs faithfully, and do at least a little exercise. Hopefully, some of that nearly five pounds is water. Surely you can't actually gain that much real weight in only two days of abandoned eating!

OK, confession time is over. But I wish to goodness I knew what made me do such a stupid thing and how I can keep it from ever happening again. One thing for sure is that I'm not bringing home any more Quest bars, or any of their relatives, ever again, I don't care how few net carbs they say they contain. I'd be a fool to tempt myself that way.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That happens to a lot of us, Beadelia. I've been know to sabotage my successes as well. I'm not sure what comes over us, but you can get back to rotations and turn things around. The key is not to worry too much, or that could also result in emotional eating.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
what is the best place on line to figure how many calories we need each day?

many years back I read to use 14 calories for each pound, but not sure that is correct

Thanks in advance all!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Flossy - welcome back! It sounds like you've got your plan in place, and I have no doubt you'll be able to get right back to where you want to be. It will be nice to have you hanging out here with us again!

Beadelia - I don't know what that's all about either, but it does seem to be a common theme. I've read that the body wants to fight us all the way when we're losing fat. And it throws all these weird hunger signals and cravings at us. I know I've experienced it, and fallen for it! It's so frustrating after working so hard. But you've been eating very low calories, haven't you? Maybe your body is just saying ENOUGH....FEED ME! Those extra pounds today aren't fat (not much anyway). Hang in there!

Leona - I like the Scooby's Workshop calculator. Can't link it here, I don't think. Mine comes out at around 7.7 calories per pound for weight loss, and around 10.5 for maintenance, if I'm calculating correctly.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
Still no DDs yet, guys, but I am feeling MUCH better about how I'm eating on a "normal" day! I am keeping it under 2000 on most days now (this is different from the 3000 plus from earlier this summer). It is hard for me to do a DD while M. (my ex) is still here and I still have a bit of summer vacation left. I'm not going to worry about it right now. I'm going to focus on mostly healthy eating, keeping my calories at 2000 or below. I will get there.

Sending hugs and good thoughts to those of you having difficulty. Yam-yam, I hope everything is okay! I'm worried for you. Beadelia, you're under so much stress with your DH. I'm not surprised you slipped. The good news is that you are aware of what is happening, it's not making you feel good, and you can get it back, and better with 4 pounds of mostly water than later with much more weight gained. <3 Partyof7, I would have been out there playing with the poisonous newts, lol. Luckily everyone, person and animal, is okay! Flossy, I'm right there with you on needing to get rid of the midweek wine!

I'm sooo exhausted today. I went into my classroom again, still a disaster, but today I was meeting with the new hires and showing them around and flailing over getting ready for the mass of kindergarteners coming on Thursday and Friday! I feel affectionate toward it all though because my sweet little niece is going to be in kindergarten this year, in a different city.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
Still no DDs yet, guys, but I am feeling MUCH better about how I'm eating on a "normal" day! I am keeping it under 2000 on most days now (this is different from the 3000 plus from earlier this summer). It is hard for me to do a DD while M. (my ex) is still here and I still have a bit of summer vacation left. I'm not going to worry about it right now. I'm going to focus on mostly healthy eating, keeping my calories at 2000 or below. I will get there.
I know that ultimately you want to lose weight, but I just need to mention the fact that it so awesome that you can maintain a weight under 160 eating 2000+ a day. I would be way over 250lb if I ate 2000+ a day. So you have a fantastic metabolism and will probably lose really well when you jump into JUDDD.