Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis52 View Post
I'm just keeping it extremely simple! Love all the information. I'm just going to do DD and UD for now. See how it goes this weekend. I did use pounds and inches on the site. And then printed off some information to get me started. Maybe I will read Krista's book after this one. I know when I looked it up, her name came up a lot of the time as well as Dr J's.

I printed out your information too! I've started a journal as Dr. J suggested so will put all information I get into that so I can keep it straight. I like SIMPLE!
Sounds like a plan! Me too. Simple is all I can handle at right now!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
THANK YOU!!!! for adding your picture. I've been lurking for a few weeks. I have finally started JUDDD!!!! I'm on my first DD and am doing okay so far. I know the day is young. I'm doing the 500 Calories on my DD's. I'm also going to the library today at lunch to get the book so I know what I'm doing.

My history:
I have been on a diet since 9th grade and Have always had to watch what I eat. Weight Watchers lifetime by 12th grade. Lost 100 pounds in 2003 on 72 Akins. 75 have come back... I really love what I'm reading about JUDDD. I can do anything for a day! I started back on Atkins last week, but it's just not clicking. So I'm all in!
Hope you love it here. I sure do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Just popping in before going to dinner.

I'll get a couple of second opinions to verify but the surgeon thinks that I need both shoulders and knees done. Because of the nature of the surgery and the rehab, I have the option to get 2 joints done at a time but that would mean that I'd be in a wheelchair for a while.

Lots to think about - although it would be a mess in other ways, I might be better advised to stagger the surgery so that the first two are done separately. I might then be able to form an opinion as to how well (or otherwise) I'm recovering and healing and then form a view as to whether I would like the other 2 joints done together to try and reduce the overall rehab time.

It looks like the shoulder joints will need somewhere from 6-12 months to recover and I won't be able to do much for a while. At the moment, I'm not sure that DH grasps the scale of this - it's not just that I won't be doing my usual activities or will have to time things for work purposes, but I'll actually need assistance bathing and dressing.

It feels like quite a big chunk of my life will be put on hold to do this but it's not clear that I have much choice as the ligaments and tears will just deteriorate if they're not fixed and they're not amenable to physiotherapy or other non-surgical interventions. (This is why I need a second opinion or two.) It's taken me so long to feel right after my last accident that I'm deeply reluctant to undertake anything that needs a lengthy recovery.

I have some thinking to do but there's a lobster with my name on it.
I hope that lobster was the best you ever ate, but I am more sorry that I can say about your medical news. Your head must truly be swimming with information to absorb and decisions to make -- like what to fix first! I wish I had some wisdom to impart, but I really don't except to say that for a long time after I had my knee replaced last September, I had to rely heavily on my arms to push myself out of my chair and to help myself out of bed, etc. And that was with just one knee being done. (They haven't yet managed to catch me to do the other, and as long as I'm fairly mobile, they won't. But I'm sooooo glad I did the first one.) Trouble is, your shoulders are in such bad shape that using them to help yourself up could be a problem! You truly are between a rock and a hard place. Hopefully your doctor will help your husband understand how to care for you. My niece, who looked after me following my surgery, went to the doctor's with me to learn what was involved.

Well, keep us posted. This is one of those times I wish we were all closer in actual distance -- we could form a "take care of Slow" team to help with some of the load.

Here's hoping the second opinion will be more upbeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I finally got ahold of my aunt. Her phone was out for a day or so and she's on vacation at home, so she didn't check her e-mails. She said the quake threw her out of bed, but the house is fine and she's okay.
Yay -- I was wondering about your aunt. Thank heavens nothing broke when she got tossed out of bed. You know, like a hip or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
I'm back from my vacation. I just finished reading all of the August Chat. A lot hs been going on....

Slow Sure, I'm so sorry for all of the surgery you might be facing. After going through 8 surgeries to repair broken bones from being hit, I know exactly what you are in for. Hubby still has to help me with some projects. He is a dream, though. Hopefully yours will be the same.

Yam Yam, so sorry we are not back in Honolulu yet! Would so have loved to share Mai tais and dinner with you as well as give you a hug. Next time.......I'm just so glad you are able to go. Hope you are feeling better.

Kissa, so sorry your daughter is still having issues. She is so fortunate to have you for a mother.

I know several others are having very trying times with children and relatives. My heart goes out to everyone with challenges.

Our trip was an eating and wine fest. There is no other description. I got on the scale yesterday morning after traveling 23 hours and the number was not very pretty. I had a DD as I just couldn't eat any more rich food. Today the scale showed a drop of 5 pounds....yes 5 pounds. It was travel bloat, so I think I didn't do too badly. I found it relatively easy to only eat a bite of desserts most evenings. Deserts were not served at lunches most of the time. I ate a lot of fresh fruit. The fruits and veggies in Croatia were unbelievable. Coming from Hawaii where everything is shipped in, fruits are not wonderful.

Hubby has said he only wants salads for dinner with chicken or some other protein so food preparation will be minimal for us. I'm definitely out of the habit of cooking!

The second half of our trip was a barge trip on the Burgandy Canal. It ranks up there as one of our best trips! The scenery was spectacular. Hubby walked several miles everyday as the barge went from lock to lock. I watched the world go by. The small French towns were charming. We explored several of them.

Thanks to JUDDD we should be back to our starting weight in a week or so. It is so nice to know you can enjoy special occasions once in a while and get right back to normal eating!

Sorry for the long post, but I am so happy to be back reading about my JUDDD BUDDD's

Hugs for everyone
Welcome back! It sounds like a fantastic trip, and I enjoyed hearing about it. My dad and stepmother did some traveling by canal boat in the UK, and had a wonderful time.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:12 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Slow ~~ That is a lot to think about. I'm truly sorry you are going through this. Perhaps, hiring a female home health aid would be something you could do?
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Just popping in before going to dinner.

I'll get a couple of second opinions to verify but the surgeon thinks that I need both shoulders and knees done. Because of the nature of the surgery and the rehab, I have the option to get 2 joints done at a time but that would mean that I'd be in a wheelchair for a while.

Lots to think about - although it would be a mess in other ways, I might be better advised to stagger the surgery so that the first two are done separately. I might then be able to form an opinion as to how well (or otherwise) I'm recovering and healing and then form a view as to whether I would like the other 2 joints done together to try and reduce the overall rehab time.

It looks like the shoulder joints will need somewhere from 6-12 months to recover and I won't be able to do much for a while. At the moment, I'm not sure that DH grasps the scale of this - it's not just that I won't be doing my usual activities or will have to time things for work purposes, but I'll actually need assistance bathing and dressing.

It feels like quite a big chunk of my life will be put on hold to do this but it's not clear that I have much choice as the ligaments and tears will just deteriorate if they're not fixed and they're not amenable to physiotherapy or other non-surgical interventions. (This is why I need a second opinion or two.) It's taken me so long to feel right after my last accident that I'm deeply reluctant to undertake anything that needs a lengthy recovery.

I have some thinking to do but there's a lobster with my name on it.
Oh My, Slow, looks like when it rains it really pours! What a bummer and in spite of all this you are still one of the most supportive and considerate JBs on the board! 2nd opinions are definitely called for but knowing the British health system they are much more reticent to go for drastic measures without a real cause. According to DH shoulder surgeries are a little trickier than knees. Are they talking about total knee or some part? Incidentally, that's what DH is doing today, he's the gas man. I just hope and that every thing works out for you.
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:17 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
The lobster was fresh, sweet, and cooked to a turn. There was a special Cornish event in London and the restaurant was selling Cornish food for 3 days with a daily fast delivery of the lobsters, fish and dairy.

We went for coffee and dessert (DH had dessert) in a recently-opened Italian independent eating/coffee shop. Excellent coffee and about the best tart pastry that I've seen in a long time (perfectly thin and crisp). Their pizza looked like it was slow fermentation dough with the excellent spotting that you get from a properly-fired oven.

It's so refreshing to see a non-chain coffee shop open and such a high-quality one. They're adjacent to one national chain on one side (Costa) and 3 shop-fronts away from a Starbucks. I don't know how well they'll manage to compete with those but I hope that they survive as their food looks skilfully baked and the coffee is excellent.

The barista must have heard me say something about the pastries as she brought us complementary tiny little shortbread stars to have with our coffee and explained how she'd made them herself but her sister had made the tart pastry that I'd been admiring.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
WOE: JUDDD
Slowsure - that sounds so dee-lish!
I hope the coffee shop does well. I refuse to set foot in a Costa or Starbucks.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:02 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Good grief, you’ve had a lot of health stuff to deal with, SS! A second opinion or two sounds like a very good idea — and you’ll have had time to come up with more questions by the time you see them.

Now go and enjoy that lobster!
The lobster was even better than I'd hoped. And, yes, how well you know me, more and more questions are occurring to me.

Quote:
Oh, Slow, that's quite an ordeal to even have to think about! Shoulder repairs, I know, are very slow healing and painful. I don't know much about knees, but I'm wishing you all the best!
It's the stupid practicalities of things like getting up from chairs or turning over in bed if you can't put any weight on one of the joints. And being limited in what you can do with the unaffected arm in case you have a counter-force pull on the affected side.

Quote:
I don't know you yet, I feel like I do since I've been reading all of ya'lls posts. You have a lot on your plate right now. Hope all goes well with your second opinion.
Oh, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Slow, that is distressing news! I'm glad you'll get other opinions to make sure that is the correct and only course for you. Small consolation, but I'm glad you're getting a lobster dinner, and I hope you can fully enjoy it.
If I knew that the world was ending, my dinner, should I have the opportunity, would be lobster, crab or langoustines, depending on which was in season and accessible.

Yes, I absolutely need to know there aren't any non-invasive options before I consent to such a huge disruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Slow Sure, I'm so sorry for all of the surgery you might be facing...Hubby still has to help me with some projects. He is a dream, though. Hopefully yours will be the same.
My DH is splendid in so many ways but he's not at all practical and he has always had such perfect health (fortunately) that he doesn't understand pain or physical limitations. [I had to edit out the rest of this as it sounded like I was blaming DH but I really think this is something he is incapable of grasping.]

In summary:

We still have left over house maintenance problems from the last accident because I always used to do the DIY and maintenance and he didn't look after that while I was unable to do so.

I'm concerned that he'll feed us take-aways or ready-meals because he'll never feel like cooking, particularly after his commute.

I'm worried about house maintenance, housework and our WOE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
SlowSure: So sorry about your news! Oh my! That's a lot to consider. I agree that getting second opinions is a good idea. I hope you find more answers and more options. We'll be here for you whatever happens. .
Oh, thank you - that really does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
I hope that lobster was the best you ever ate, but I am more sorry that I can say about your medical news. ...Trouble is, your shoulders are in such bad shape that using them to help yourself up could be a problem! You truly are between a rock and a hard place. ..
Well, keep us posted. This is one of those times I wish we were all closer in actual distance -- we could form a "take care of Slow" team to help with some of the load.
It was a delight in every mouthful and I scraped every bit of meat out that was possible.

You're exactly right about not being able to use the arms to lever myself up when I have my knee done. I do that at present and it's not helpful - but that's a mix of the joint problems and the sarcopenia, I think.

The team sounds delightful, tho' I think that more of you would end up taking up water sports than you'd like - I have visions of you taking turns to fetch me out for canoe trips so that I can watch the wildlife on the local canal and lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Slow ~~ That is a lot to think about. I'm truly sorry you are going through this. Perhaps, hiring a female home health aid would be something you could do?
I may well talk to my GP about whether there are any recommended companies. It might be quite expensive quite quickly tho' as I think that they have to work in pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Oh My, Slow, looks like when it rains it really pours! ...According to DH shoulder surgeries are a little trickier than knees. Are they talking about total knee or some part? Incidentally, that's what DH is doing today, he's the gas man. I just hope and that every thing works out for you.
It's not a TKR (total knee replacement) as my bones are decent (thankfully). The problems are that I have bucket-handle tears in the ligaments/cartilage of the knees and they're so extensive that they can't self-repair but nor can they be left alone. I've lost some ligament connections to the muscles which have made the knees very unstable and I sublux them several times a day, just by turning over in bed, while walking or standing up. This isn't the age-related degeneration but is looking like an injury that I picked up in last accident that wasn't caught and has now torn so much that it's developed these complications.

The SLAP tears in the shoulders are mixed and are somewhat complicated by a couple of congenital issues but those joints are likewise unstable and can sublux just by me picking up a cup. I've likewise got problems with connections to the biceps muscles and have started not being able to hold items without dropping them (not consciously, my arm just spasms and it drops).
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #368
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newtothis52
Stats: 237/232 /150
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 9/25/2014
Good Morning All!!!

Thank you so much for all the questions all of you answered for me yesterday! I made it through my first DD!!

Today I'm supposed to have 2651 Calories....sounds so high! But I've put in my numbers three times on the website just to make sure.

Today I've started with a big breakfast = 860 Calories.

Does it really make a difference what we eat on our UD's? as long as we count the calories?

Slowsure, Your lobster sounds wonderful!!!
newtothis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #369
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Good Morning All!!!

Thank you so much for all the questions all of you answered for me yesterday! I made it through my first DD!!

Today I'm supposed to have 2651 Calories....sounds so high! But I've put in my numbers three times on the website just to make sure.

Today I've started with a big breakfast = 860 Calories.

Does it really make a difference what we eat on our UD's? as long as we count the calories?

Slowsure, Your lobster sounds wonderful!!!
I'm just lurking but that 2651 seems very high. I'm 5'-6" and if I input your weight you have listed (235 lbs) it comes out around 2100 calories. That's using no exercise and 20% weight loss mode. Your height and age doesn't affect it that much. If you can tell us your height, weight, age we can double check for you.

back to lurking
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I'm just lurking but that 2651 seems very high. I'm 5'-6" and if I input your weight you have listed (235 lbs) it comes out around 2100 calories. That's using no exercise and 20% weight loss mode. Your height and age doesn't affect it that much. If you can tell us your height, weight, age we can double check for you.

back to lurking
Okay it looks like I had my feet to inch wrong...

New Numbers:

UD- 2087
DD - 417 (I'm doing 500)
Old 08-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

10 years ago today I became a Mom We aren't doing much of anything today, but this weekend.
I switched back to sugar free (for the most part) and quit eating bread just five days ago again, and today - I woke up feeling good for the first time in 6 weeks. The scale dropped 4 pounds too.
May be I am one of those 'carb sensitive' folks?

So excited about the kids new school year. We find out who their teachers are today. I feel peace about it, which is what I have been praying for. Husband and I got to spend
some quality time together last night which is really what we needed.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me and, I can handle these life changes.

Still not promising I won't be a blubbering mess come Tuesday! lol
Goal#1: Fit into my wedding dress (265 will do it)
Goal#2: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt (Guessing 215)
Restart weight: 307 on 12/1
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #372

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Okay it looks like I had my feet to inch wrong...

New Numbers:

UD- 2087
DD - 417 (I'm doing 500)
Glad that's sorted!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

SlowSure, I can think of far worse fates than getting (not having) to take you out in a canoe to view the wildlife. For a brief time I lived on a lake in Oregon, and once somebody took me out in a canoe. Viewing the world from that level was a beautiful experience -- it was the next best thing to being a duck. Alas, I probably couldn't get down into a canoe now. I've had a hip replacement, and have been warned not to bend too sharply lest I dislocate. My sister has dislocated her hip several times, and says it's about as much fun as childbirth.

Party, it does sound like you might be carb sensitive/insulin resistant. Could you also be sensitive to gluten? You don't have to have celiac for gluten to cause inflammation and other problems which leave you feeling generally rotten. Also, according to my chiropractor, people who are sensitive to gluten are often also sensitive to the casein in milk because the molecules are very similar.

Newtothis, what you eat on UDs might make a difference if you are carb sensitive/insulin resistant. Otherwise, let 'er rip.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
SS I know the feeling of bad knees, turning over in bed, using the toilet

As well has having a dh that is never sick. Of course we don't want them to ever be sick.
Sounds like you and me are twins.
I am so sorry your having all of the pain still.
Hoping time would help.
Since I got married 12 years ago, I've had one illness after another.
And was so tired of passing on fun because I hurt to bad to go do anything. Just getting through the day, simple things are mountain big.
My knees are so much better, thanks to the shots I got and will get again I am sure. But it's taken a long time.
Sister SS I ' d love to be in the team that gets to hang out with you, we would have FUN!
Missouri USA is far away from u, darn.
After praying for myself, I 'll pray for you and yours.
Good day my friend - hug
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
SlowSure, I can think of far worse fates than getting (not having) to take you out in a canoe to view the wildlife. For a brief time I lived on a lake in Oregon, and once somebody took me out in a canoe. Viewing the world from that level was a beautiful experience -- it was the next best thing to being a duck. Alas, I probably couldn't get down into a canoe now. I've had a hip replacement, and have been warned not to bend too sharply lest I dislocate. My sister has dislocated her hip several times, and says it's about as much fun as childbirth.

Party, it does sound like you might be carb sensitive/insulin resistant. Could you also be sensitive to gluten? You don't have to have celiac for gluten to cause inflammation and other problems which leave you feeling generally rotten. Also, according to my chiropractor, people who are sensitive to gluten are often also sensitive to the casein in milk because the molecules are very similar.

Newtothis, what you eat on UDs might make a difference if you are carb sensitive/insulin resistant. Otherwise, let 'er rip.
Oh, that sounds lovely. Next summer I'll be down enough to go in a canoe I hope.

I could be carb sensitive/insulin resistant. I don't know if it is that or if I just have been a little extra depressed lately? Maybe one is causing the other, and the vicious cycle goes.

I was just thinking last night, I have no reason to be depressed. I have all the crafting projects "To Do" that I could hope for, a home, my children are all happy and healthy, my husband loves me enough to jump in front of a train for me...Why am I having such a hard time getting motivated about life?
I don't know, but I have been praying hard with such desperation over all the misery in the world and my own misery, and today I just woke up lighter - figuratively and literally! lol

I still haven't put the cigarettes down, I've been trying - but not trying hard like I mean it - if that makes sense.
Just haven't had the mental focus to do it, and the self loathing that goes along with that is nearly unbearable.

Sunday I told myself, I'm just going to do 1 thing this week and I chose clean up my diet further.

I was able to get some sleep. Thankfully (sn)DD slept through the night last night!

I was beginning to wonder if I was having a mid life crisis!
Thanks as always for listening, ladies.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #376
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
I don't post on you all's thread but thought I'd pop in here because I wanted to tell SlowSure that I really hope your knee issues get resolved as soon as possible. I am in the middle of getting hyalgan shots in both my knees because I have osteoarthritis and a torn meniscus. I am trying not to have surgery.. If my shots do not work this time I will be scheduling to have surgery between Christmas and the end of the year so I don't have to start all over with my deductible. Today was my 3rd shot. I get 1 shot in each knee, once a week, for 5 weeks. I did have the 3 shot one about 7 months ago and it didn't help me at all.. the 5 shot use to help me all the time so I asked my regular doctor (who always did them on me) if he would please do them. He doesn't do hyalgan shots anymore but made a special exception for me and ordered it. (I love my doctor!)

Anyway.. I really do hope something works for you soon.. I hate to see others hurting and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #377
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Glad that's sorted!
Me too! I wasn't comfortable eating all those calories!

Quote:

THANKS!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
I don't post on you all's thread but thought I'd pop in here because I wanted to tell SlowSure that I really hope your knee issues get resolved as soon as possible. I am in the middle of getting hyalgan shots in both my knees because I have osteoarthritis and a torn meniscus. I am trying not to have surgery.. If my shots do not work this time I will be scheduling to have surgery between Christmas and the end of the year so I don't have to start all over with my deductible. Today was my 3rd shot. I get 1 shot in each knee, once a week, for 5 weeks. I did have the 3 shot one about 7 months ago and it didn't help me at all.. the 5 shot use to help me all the time so I asked my regular doctor (who always did them on me) if he would please do them. He doesn't do hyalgan shots anymore but made a special exception for me and ordered it. (I love my doctor!)

Anyway.. I really do hope something works for you soon.. I hate to see others hurting and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..

cheri
Hugs to you. I hope the right decision is an easy one, and all goes wonderfully well.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #379

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Slow, I'm so glad your dinner and dessert were so enjoyable! I understand your nervousness about DH and whether he can fully comprehend it all. When you've only ever felt good, you just can't absorb what it feels like when you don't. I would love to be a part of a "come together to support SlowSure" team. I really do wish it could work that way!

Kati, I'm glad you're feeling better. And your new low today was so great to see! I'm sure as you start feeling better and better with the foods you eat, you'll be ready to give up the cigs again real soon.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:49 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Love to you Carol. You are such a light in this group...and now every time I see breadsticks I think "Are those porn sized? What would Carol think?" LOL
Old 08-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to wish you all a great holiday weekend. I'm in Aruba right now and about to turn off my phone. We're off to the grocery store today to pick up healthy good items. Thank god! I will check - in next week.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #382

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Have a tall, fruity, adult beverage for me, Lisa! So jealous!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to wish you all a great holiday weekend. I'm in Aruba right now and about to turn off my phone. We're off to the grocery store today to pick up healthy good items. Thank god! I will check - in next week.
Have a wonderful time!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellen770
Start Date: July 2013
Hello, everyone! Not sure anyone will remember me, as it's been over a year since I posted. I quit JUDDD to do a special healing diet for auto-immune problems. The diet was very helpful, but very restrictive. I am leaning towards combining my paleo with JUDDD now and hope to see some good results. Going to try and catch up by reading some posts.

As usual I have too much going on. There are two large events I am in charge of coming up in September and October. My husband just had major surgery on his mouth and throat and the stress has added six pounds. I certainly want to nip it in the bud and get it and all it's friends off instead of gaining.
Ellen770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
Hello, everyone! Not sure anyone will remember me, as it's been over a year since I posted.
Not only remember you but was talking about you quite recently because of your strength training and Strong Lifts programme.

So pleased to see you back and able to give an update to your JBs.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #386

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Love to you Carol. You are such a light in this group...and now every time I see breadsticks I think "Are those porn sized? What would Carol think?" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Lovely! Have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen770 View Post
Hello, everyone! Not sure anyone will remember me, as it's been over a year since I posted. I quit JUDDD to do a special healing diet for auto-immune problems. The diet was very helpful, but very restrictive. I am leaning towards combining my paleo with JUDDD now and hope to see some good results. Going to try and catch up by reading some posts.

As usual I have too much going on. There are two large events I am in charge of coming up in September and October. My husband just had major surgery on his mouth and throat and the stress has added six pounds. I certainly want to nip it in the bud and get it and all it's friends off instead of gaining.
Of course I remember you Ellen! Good to hear from you again!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Ellen, I think I was just reading some of your old posts from way back recently. Anyway, your face sure looks familiar, and I'm fairly new here. Glad you're back.

Here's wishing y'all a wonderful weekend. My sister and I are leaving tomorrow to visit our aunt who lives way out west of San Antonio, and are debating whether to mosey down through the Hill Country and stop at Fredericksburg or one of the other neat Texas tourist towns where there are wonderful shops filled with beautiful items you don't see just everywhere, go down 77 and visit some historic churches, or head for the discount outlets at San Marcos. That place will be a zoo, especially with Labor Day sales on top of the regular very good discounts, but you sure can make a dollar go far there. Last I knew there were about 145 shops, and it seems like the place is always growing.

Lord willing, I'll be back, exhausted and broke, next week. Meantime, take care, everyone, and enjoy the tag end of summer.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so touched by all of the messages here and will respond. I've a now rare migraine and it's knocked me for six for now.

Take care of yourselves and each other.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:31 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 163/157/120
WOE: juddd/4:3
Start Date: November 2, 2014
I'm so happy that you all are so very chatty! I can only lurk right now (school is kicking me right now, lol) and can't participate as much, but I love reading about how you are all doing. Good thoughts to those having health issues right now either with yourselves or family members!

And hope everyone has a great three-day weekend (if you're in the States).
olehcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Whew. I'm all caught up on this thread. I feel like I was just sitting with a huge group of friends in a very warm and loving conversation (which is exactly what it was!).
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote