Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
California Earthquake

Yam-Yam, are you and yours OK?
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
What was PatKid's last post? Any one checked?
Hoping all the N. California JB's & family are a-ok.
Cindy, saw the update on your brother. How is he doing today?
Much love every one.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
What was PatKid's last post? Any one checked?
Hoping all the N. California JB's & family are a-ok.
Cindy, saw the update on your brother. How is he doing today?
Much love every one.
There was a flurry of brief posts the first part of July, then a little silence, and then one post on July 21. After that, nada.

In a post on July 11 she wrote:
Hello, JBs.
Faithful prayer continues for all my JBs.
Yam Yam, I am hoping you are headed toward good health.
My heart aches for the parents of your dear nephew, Birdie, and for all his family and loved ones.
I have 2 of my grandchildren with me for 6 days beginning today. I have (within the last 2 weeks or so) taken several steps down the sugary slippery slope. I am gaining weight and feel bloated. I have become careless w/ my eating. Too much pasta, bread and way too many treats. JUDDD was so easy for me that I allowed myself to get complacent. I am going to do the best I can without spoiling the time w/ my grands and then when they go home I will be back to counting calories till I remember how good it feels to eat responsibly.
Big hugs all around.
P
It is time.
I wonder if she got discouraged and gave up. Hope not.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Patkid, jdforshort et al

Do we need a 'Who We're Missing' thread or does that feel intrusive?

Because we do seem to have lost a number of people. Panelman (Mike); Silverrain; Patkid; jdforshort; Brewstate; Yennie, and others.

Not a comment on the above - more that it's happened to me in the past. I know it's LIFE at times but maybe if some people are feeling a little lost or overwhelmed it might help to know that they're missed by the JBs?

Last edited by SlowSure; 08-24-2014 at 11:59 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am popping in just incase you all think I am missing too. Not so but too involved with real life just now I miss you all and am sending hugs to those who need them.

I am not proud of my weight, 137 yesterday. but there are more impotent things join on just now. DD is still struggling.

I am always sad when dear JBs go absent.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
DW and I just got back from a 5 mile walk <flops down in chair> I had already walked 4 miles earlier today. When we started off DW pointed out a sign for a 5k charity run and said "You want to do one of those right?" Which I think is very sweet, because I do, but I'm not supposed to run and DW usually will not encourage something she thinks is not good for me, but I think she knows I probably have the physical strengths and mental determination to do it (either pretty pain free or stubborn enough to ignore the pain).

I wonder about JBs when they go missing. I don't think I could list, by name, all the buds that have disappeared since I've been a part of this community.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just read all the posts and thought I'd have time to chat. But gotta go!

We slept through the earthquake. I've heard that some nearby felt it, but we did not.

DH was right in the middle of the 1989 one. It was a harrowing and scary experience for him, and also for me because he called and said "We are having an earthquake and it's bad...." and the phone went dead. No communication for 3 days, only watching the death and destruction on TV! He was there for a conference and part of the hotel he was staying in got damaged.

I shall return later!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
DW and I just got back from a 5 mile walk <flops down in chair> I had already walked 4 miles earlier today. When we started off DW pointed out a sign for a 5k charity run and said "You want to do one of those right?" Which I think is very sweet, because I do, but I'm not supposed to run and DW usually will not encourage something she thinks is not good for me, but I think she knows I probably have the physical strengths and mental determination to do it (either pretty pain free or stubborn enough to ignore the pain).

I wonder about JBs when they go missing. I don't think I could list, by name, all the buds that have disappeared since I've been a part of this community.
Maybe a forum like this is sort of like a bus ride, with some people getting on with you downtown and riding all the way to the end of the line, and others getting on and off at various points along the journey according to their need. I can accept that, but would like to know that people are OK, is all.

Yam-Yam, thank you for letting us know that you're all right. What a scary and anxious experience with your husband, though!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
wow, would like to catch up eventually with all your posts! I am reading, lurking, and sending very good thoughts out to all of you!

Well, this is my first real week back on my regular schedule. My ex husband is gone, school is in full swing, and now I can get my rotations going for real. It really does help when I'm very busy and am not at all influenced by anyone at home! I need this like crazy. I feel bloated, I'm pretty sure I've gained a few pounds. I just feel gross overall, not like myself, more like a bloated version of myself. I feel weary about starting things and not following through (me, with this, all summer). I just want to do less thinking and more doing. This isn't rocket science. It's simple. I'm making things sooo complicated.

Anyway, Yam-yam, I'm so glad you're all right! I haven't looked back at earlier pages (yet). I hope to catch up within a few days! Goodnight!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

Because we do seem to have lost a number of people. Panelman (Mike); Silverrain; Patkid; jdforshort; Brewstate; Yennie, and others.

Not a comment on the above - more that it's happened to me in the past. I know it's LIFE at times but maybe if some people are feeling a little lost or overwhelmed it might help to know that they're missed by the JBs?
If we could figure out a way to ensure that people who drop out would check such a thread, it might be a real good idea. Or just delegate someone who knows how to send a private message. I've gotten a couple, so know it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am popping in just incase you all think I am missing too. Not so but too involved with real life just now I miss you all and am sending hugs to those who need them.

I am not proud of my weight, 137 yesterday. but there are more impotent things join on just now. DD is still struggling.

Kissa, thank you for dropping by. I had been wondering, especially in the light of all you've been dealing with. We miss you, but understand that there are indeed some important things going on in your life. Keep us posted when you can, and we'll keep praying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
wow, would like to catch up eventually with all your posts! I am reading, lurking, and sending very good thoughts out to all of you!

Well, this is my first real week back on my regular schedule. My ex husband is gone, school is in full swing, and now I can get my rotations going for real. It really does help when I'm very busy and am not at all influenced by anyone at home! I need this like crazy. I feel bloated, I'm pretty sure I've gained a few pounds. I just feel gross overall, not like myself, more like a bloated version of myself. I feel weary about starting things and not following through (me, with this, all summer). I just want to do less thinking and more doing. This isn't rocket science. It's simple. I'm making things sooo complicated.

Anyway, Yam-yam, I'm so glad you're all right! I haven't looked back at earlier pages (yet). I hope to catch up within a few days! Goodnight!
Olehcat, I'd welcome you back to regular rotations, but I'm not there myself and know exactly what you mean about "bloated, gross overall, and not like yourself." Here's to better and more healthful eating for all of us. And I hope that the new school year is great for you, BirdieNell, and all others who work in education. Not an easy job!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
It's been a busy week for me and I'm finally getting time to catch up on all the news here. This may sound crazy, but I missed getting to check in several times a day to see what's going on with all of you and participate in some of the discussions. You all have become family to me this summer. Just wanted to give everyone a big hug this morning and let you know that you mean a lot to me!

My nephew had surgery Thursday to replace the part of his skull that was missing. He has days of being more alert and other days of sleeping most of the day. The therapists are working with him every day and I think he is making progress. It's just slow going and baby steps.

On growing old together....I was married to my childhood sweetheart for 31 years and always thought we would grow old together. We were both 54 when he died. I am figuring out how to make a new life for myself but I often feel that part of me is missing.

I went to a benefit dinner last night. A friend of mine lost her son a few years ago and she has been having a dinner on his birthday every year to raise money for the children's advocacy center in our county. It was touching to see all the friends who loved this young man show up with their little ones to honor and remember him and raise money for a good cause. The food was good, they even had birthday cake, and then a friend of my son, played guitar and sang for a while. It was a nice evening but sad. I think losing a child is the worst loss of all.

I will check back in later. For now, I need to start my laundry and catch up on some of the things that I let slide while I was at school this past week. I'm slow getting back in the groove of getting up early and being gone all day.
Birdie, I know what you mean about this group being family. These are wonderful people, and our lives have become intertwined.

I am so sorry you lost your sweetheart so soon. You and he should have had many more years together. Sometimes life can be so unfair. I know it's the troubled times when we grow spiritually and grow strong, but I sure wish that could be accomplished some other way! As Yam-Yam says, heaven looks better and better as we age. Ain't it the truth.

Thank you for the update on your nephew. I pray he will make a full recovery. He and all of you will need much strength and patience, but I've seen a few near miracles, and am praying for one for your family. Being young gives him a great advantage.

I hope the new school year goes well for you, and especially that your school has good air conditioning! Haven't these last few days been the pits? When I step out the door it's like being hit by a blast from a furnace. Having lived all my life in places where school never started until after Labor Day, it amazes me that Texas schools start up in August, and that football practice starts even before classes do. When I see those boys and young men out practicing in their heavy gear, it's no wonder we seem to hear of one or two of them having heart attacks or strokes each year.

Once I was chatting with the nurse who had come to DH's assisted living facility to dress a wound on his foot, and I opined that high school football should be abolished in Texas and replaced by soccer, which doesn't require all that clothing and padding. Mercy! You'd have thought I'd uttered a blasphemy, and maybe for Texas I did. I've seen fellow Catholics get less excited about someone saying that the papacy should be abolished than she got over the suggestion that high school football be abolished in Texas. She may have been half kidding, but only half.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:27 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
JBs,
Just popping in to let you know that I'm well and doing OK. I have been lurking and checking on you guys now and then. But too ashamed to come back as I have, like many other JBs, slipped on the slippery slope. Your thoughtfulness and especially SlowSure's , caring and considerations have compelled me (in a very nice way) to check-in tonight. There has to be some telepathy involved somewhere as I see from the conversation thread that "missing JBs" were mentioned just today!

I can totally empathize with TryingJudd being a "turtle looser and rabbit gainer" as I'm in the same boat. I have put on 17 lbs since my lowest in April. Somehow, I can not get back into the rotations properly. I lose a few lbs then gain those right back. I have to admit I had not been exercising that regularly either, due to a knee injury. I fell jogging and badly grazed my knees and other parts of the body, nothing broken Thank God. This was followed by a bout of Vertigo which can be quite debilitating.

Anyway, exercise is back on track, and I kept up with the food log; so now, I just have to work on rotations. I shall be going to New Jersey in mid September for a month, hence, I doubt if I'll be very active on the board until mid Oct when I come back. In the meantime, I'm hoping that I'll at least maintain instead of gaining. It was really quite disheartening to have to dig out bigger size pants/capries from the "give away" bags yesterday

You guys are the best,you all.
jdforshort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:12 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 161/159/120
WOE: juddd
Start Date: September 8, 2014
Thanks, Beadelia, for your kind words!

I'm on a DD today. I have a huge bowl of vegetables I'm taking to school. I'm going to munch on them at lunch and as snacks when I have time (which is not often). I'll save something more substantial for home.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:12 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

JD
So sorry to hear about the fall and the vertigo. You will get back on track. I know it
Old 08-25-2014, 06:20 AM   #315

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
JD!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I feel your pain JD, I am back as well.
With ten lbs to lose. We can just decide to get back to taking care of our selfs and off you-we go.
Good to see everybody again.
I am trying to eat from the garden. No M&M's candy a in the garden.
Won't that be a pretty plant?
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
JBs,
Just popping in to let you know that I'm well and doing OK. I have been lurking and checking on you guys now and then. But too ashamed to come back as I have, like many other JBs, slipped on the slippery slope. Your thoughtfulness and especially SlowSure's , caring and considerations have compelled me (in a very nice way) to check-in tonight. There has to be some telepathy involved somewhere as I see from the conversation thread that "missing JBs" were mentioned just today!

I can totally empathize with TryingJudd being a "turtle looser and rabbit gainer" as I'm in the same boat. I have put on 17 lbs since my lowest in April. Somehow, I can not get back into the rotations properly. I lose a few lbs then gain those right back. I have to admit I had not been exercising that regularly either, due to a knee injury. I fell jogging and badly grazed my knees and other parts of the body, nothing broken Thank God. This was followed by a bout of Vertigo which can be quite debilitating.

Anyway, exercise is back on track, and I kept up with the food log; so now, I just have to work on rotations. I shall be going to New Jersey in mid September for a month, hence, I doubt if I'll be very active on the board until mid Oct when I come back. In the meantime, I'm hoping that I'll at least maintain instead of gaining. It was really quite disheartening to have to dig out bigger size pants/capries from the "give away" bags yesterday

Glad you're back! Blonde with a Rose is back today, too, over on the "down day" thread. Maybe with summer being nearly over some more of our wandering Buddds will come home.

My sympathy on the knee injury. Knees seem to take forever to heal up. Vertigo's no fun either--you've been having a time of it. Sympathy on the gain, too -- that is so disheartening. I got on the scale this morning after several days of saying "Oh, the heck with it," and the scale just sneered at me. Well, I asked for it. Today nothing passes my lips that doesn't get recorded in my calorie/carb journal!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #318

Hi JD, Terri, et all. We are all creeping in, lol.

DD tomorrow. Today is a no food day so far, but out to a drinks party tonight. and I don't intend to stint myself.

I have just driven DD home after 10 days, to find a letter waiting for her to attend her first Psychiatric Assessment tomorrow morning. So I will have to go back to be with her. An hour and a half, each way, on motorways in the rain, again. Just what I needed.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
JD: and back!! Look forward to hearing more from you in October when you are back in the swing of things. Hey, don't beat yourself up! You caught it in time. You lost a lot of weight and gaining some back is just part of the rhythm of life sometimes IMO. You could have waited until it all came back. But you didn't. You will get back into WLM soon enough.

Birdie: I got very teary eyed when you mentioned losing your DH at only 54. Life is not fair. I commend you for continuing on the way you have. I'm sure he wants you to be happy.

I'm feeling a bit melancholy this morning. Just looking at pictures and videos of my siblings and letting some tears escape. One of those days where I think I want to crawl back into bed and hide under the blankets. So glad I can come here and chat with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
With ten lbs to lose. We can just decide to get back to taking care of our selfs and off you-we go.

Terri
I really needed a laugh and this was it!! Now I'm picturing the pretty plants and trees with gobs of M&Ms in all colors (some are peanut m&ms my favorite) hanging off them.

Quote:

DD tomorrow. Today is a no food day so far, but out to a drinks party tonight. and I don't intend to stint myself.

I have just driven DD home after 10 days, to find a letter waiting for her to attend her first Psychiatric Assessment tomorrow morning. So I will have to go back to be with her. An hour and a half, each way, on motorways in the rain, again. Just what I needed.
Sweetie: Take care of yourself! And, drive carefully! Don't let the stress get to you. Enjoy that party tonight!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #320

I changed my details. That was hard. But honesty is everything.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #321

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
I cook/bake. A lot. If I say it's a major hobby, 2nd only to kayaking, that probably doesn't indicate the scale of my activities. In a quiet week, I'll bake/cook for 50 people: in a livelier one, it's 200+.

But, I'm not food centric for myself, if that makes sense. I thoroughly enjoy cooking/baking - the culture around it moves me profoundly and probably meets some vast emotional and spiritual need. I don't know if you've ever seen the clips of
Clara in
Great Depression Cooking Youtube

I like watching her so much as she passes on her recipes to her granddaughters who follow her directions. They work out of vast bowls that were always intended to have the hands of several adults in them, working together, to mix fruit and nuts or to rub-in for a pastry. She passes on her oral testimony as to the history that she lived through (her immigrant family, the Great Depression) alongside family history to her grandson who does the filming.

Cooking together with people to create a meal, or to bake for others - that's my idea of a convivial and congenial evening/weekend. I weep when I watch French or Italian dramas and there are generations of family members, sitting around, preparing a meal together, just as a matter of course. Everyone has their own individual and shared tasks and they banter and swap stories as they work.

Food, making it and sharing it, is a huge joy in my life. Even tho' I haven't always been able to taste it properly since my last concussion (neither my sense of smell nor taste has fully recovered), that pales into insignificance for me, next to the experience of sharing the food.

All of which is a long-winded way of saying that in my experience, so far, it's possible not to be pre-occupied with one's own food and appetite yet still retain the enjoyment of everything else associated with food, and even to anticipate a meal with pleasure (not desperation).
Slow, I thoroughly enjoyed this post of yours. I knew you baked some for people, but I had no idea of the scope of your efforts! This is no surprise to me, but just drives home what I already know - that you are a truly golden soul, and I'm so thankful to "know" you even the least little bit thanks to this forum.

I, too, love to cook for my friends and loved ones. I love it on UDs and I love it on (most) DDs. There is something so gratifying about providing something that is well enjoyed. I do believe that love is an important ingredient, and that it can be tasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
My brother's surgery did turn out good, they think. Thanks again for the warm wishes and prayers.
So glad to hear that Cindy! Continued thoughts and prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
My aunt is a very, very young 84 years old. She looks and acts like she is 50. Very energetic, loves to dance and laugh and go, go, go. She is so up beat and positive, I never ever thought of her being sad.

We were talking about travel and I commented that ever since I was in high school I thought it would be soooooooo romantic to fall in love, get married and grow old with the love of my life and now we are doing it. (DH and I often talk about how romantic it is to grow old together. We talked a lot about it when we were young).

My aunt got a little teary eyed and said, yes, she felt the same way. But her DH, my handsome uncle on my mother's side, died suddenly when she was only 61. He was 64 I think. She said every night she goes to bed alone and thinks of him.

My SIL is the wife of my DB who died not too long ago. He was hospitalized for pneumonia, got a blood disease called sepsis while in the hospital and it took him away from us all.

SIL talked about how she cherished the memories of 3 trips to Ireland they took together. Very romantic. My DB loved Ireland and all things Irish.

Sorry I got a little soulful there. Just wish you still had your DH to enjoy as he was. Heaven looks better and better to me as I age.
My heart goes out to your sweet aunt and SIL. We lost my dad very suddenly when he was 56, and he and mom were the loves of each other's lives. I miss him every single day, and I ache for the lost time my parents should have had together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
And no, we haven't heard from Patkid for quite a while. She seems to have disappeared without warning and without a trace. One of our members said she'd sent her a PM but got no response. It makes me a little nervous.
Yep, that was me. I still haven't heard anything from her, and I worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieNell View Post
It's been a busy week for me and I'm finally getting time to catch up on all the news here. This may sound crazy, but I missed getting to check in several times a day to see what's going on with all of you and participate in some of the discussions. You all have become family to me this summer. Just wanted to give everyone a big hug this morning and let you know that you mean a lot to me!

My nephew had surgery Thursday to replace the part of his skull that was missing. He has days of being more alert and other days of sleeping most of the day. The therapists are working with him every day and I think he is making progress. It's just slow going and baby steps.

On growing old together....I was married to my childhood sweetheart for 31 years and always thought we would grow old together. We were both 54 when he died. I am figuring out how to make a new life for myself but I often feel that part of me is missing.

I went to a benefit dinner last night. A friend of mine lost her son a few years ago and she has been having a dinner on his birthday every year to raise money for the children's advocacy center in our county. It was touching to see all the friends who loved this young man show up with their little ones to honor and remember him and raise money for a good cause. The food was good, they even had birthday cake, and then a friend of my son, played guitar and sang for a while. It was a nice evening but sad. I think losing a child is the worst loss of all.

I will check back in later. For now, I need to start my laundry and catch up on some of the things that I let slide while I was at school this past week. I'm slow getting back in the groove of getting up early and being gone all day.
It doesn't sound crazy to miss this place Birdie! I do too when I'm gone a day or two. Sometimes it's overwhelming trying to get caught up, but I need my JUDDD BUDDD fix!

The news about your nephew sounds promising. I'm praying all those tiny, baby steps will amount to great leaps and bounds over time.

My heart goes out to you and your loss of your DH so young. Just not fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We had an earthquake last night - 6.0 in the bay area. My aunt lives up there, and I'm just waiting until a "decent" hour to call and check on her. No reports of injuries yet, so I think she's fine.

The big quake in 1989 - my mom was at a conference in San Francisco and had just crossed the bay bridge 2 hours before the quake. I was living in Denmark at the time, but my host-sister was living in Berkeley, so she called immediately and I spoke with her before the phones went out. I didn't know until a few days later that my mom was there.

I'm sending good thoughts to everyone up in that area.
Scary! I hope your aunt is okay, and there really are no injuries.

Quote:

I worry when people disappear. I am and always will be a worrier. I don't know if a thread would be of much use if those folks don't check in right at that time, and I fear I/we might forget to name someone inadvertently. But it sure does bug me not to know folks are all right.

Quote:

Oh Cindy, you're doing so much more important work right now than calorie counting and scale watching. Love and hugs to you and yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

Who are you and what have you done with Carly??? I remember when you weren't doing much of anything and wondering if your body could take all that much. Well, I guess you've found the answer to that question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Just read all the posts and thought I'd have time to chat. But gotta go!

We slept through the earthquake. I've heard that some nearby felt it, but we did not.

DH was right in the middle of the 1989 one. It was a harrowing and scary experience for him, and also for me because he called and said "We are having an earthquake and it's bad...." and the phone went dead. No communication for 3 days, only watching the death and destruction on TV! He was there for a conference and part of the hotel he was staying in got damaged.

I shall return later!
Yikes! That sounds terrifying! You must have been at your wits' end that whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Once I was chatting with the nurse who had come to DH's assisted living facility to dress a wound on his foot, and I opined that high school football should be abolished in Texas and replaced by soccer, which doesn't require all that clothing and padding. Mercy! You'd have thought I'd uttered a blasphemy, and maybe for Texas I did. I've seen fellow Catholics get less excited about someone saying that the papacy should be abolished than she got over the suggestion that high school football be abolished in Texas. She may have been half kidding, but only half.
Well, you just caused a minor coffee out the nose incident here. Yep, them Texans love their football just a little-bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
JBs,

So glad to 'see' you JD! I'm sorry you've been struggling - no fun at all. One thing at a time, and you'll be back on track. Don't leave us in the meantime though, 'kay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Terri
What, those aren't seeds? I mean, I've never tried planting them because, well, you know - they're too good to eat. Same for Reese's pieces and Skittles. They're seeds. I just know it.

Quote:
Oh boy. I'm so sorry. But I know you want to be there with her.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Dear Cindy, As soon as the stressful things calm down in your life you will have those few extra lbs off in no time! Like you said, there are other more important things going on right now. Bless you for being such a caring, wonderful mother.
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/149/140
WOE: JUDDD
Fell off the wagon again

I'm back. Slipped up and it was down hill from the end of March. Gained 10 lbs and I'm back to doing what works best - JUDDD. Blah. I wish I could just stay consistent.
MrsAndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #324

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Cindy, it'll all work out, one way or another.

Andi, I keep jumping around to other things, and keep coming back to JUDDD. At least we know where to come and what tools to use when they're needed.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

What, those aren't seeds? I mean, I've never tried planting them because, well, you know - they're too good to eat. Same for Reese's pieces and Skittles. They're seeds. I just know it.

And we all know that seeds contain vital nutrients!
Old 08-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAndi View Post
I'm back. Slipped up and it was down hill from the end of March. Gained 10 lbs and I'm back to doing what works best - JUDDD. Blah. I wish I could just stay consistent.
Welcome back! And a least you're doing something before you gain any more. Don't know about you, but it seems that if I'm not actively losing, I'm passively gaining.

Quote:

Oh, Kissa, I'm so sorry you have to make that trip again so soon, but glad things are moving ahead for your DD to receive evaluation and treatment. It's a rough road you are traveling. I'm sorry it also has to be wet! We'd love to have the rain here in Texas, though believe me, folks here aren't that good at driving in it. They get so little practice!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Thank you all so much for the kind words of encouragement! I have decided I have to restart today not tomorrow or the day after.
jdforshort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
So good to see you JD, and Mrs. Andi. back!!! Life happens, and I'm in the midst of it myself. The very good thing is, JUDDD is there when you need it. Along with the JB's, which is most important!!

Kissa, no need to explain. We all love you and know how devoted you are to your family. You will be back to your perfect weight in no time, but you are still perfect to us.

Sorry if I missed responding to anyone personally, but I am thinking of you all.

My brother's surgery was successful, and he is back on solid food. He hadn't eaten anything for over 10 days and was on strictly glucose. His wife (my SIL) said he hadn't had an appetite so it wasn't difficult for him, but I know he must feel better now. Hoping he and his wife can start enjoying their retirement in the near future.

Still not doing rotations, but limiting eating by quite a bit. It's been a rough few months and I'm just trying not to gain at this point. No worries, and I'll be back to it soon.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 46 pounds down, 102 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Big hugs to everyone. Just saying 'hi'..
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #330
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone. Hugs to Cindy/Kissa and all others who need them.
The job I'm interested in still hasn't made a decision so I will patiently wait.