Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bigmama99
Stats: 9/13@263lbs.. Started judd 7/14@249lbs
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 7th June 2014
What are you looking forward too ........

I went to a theme park today and had a great time with the kids but didn't actually go on any rides as I don't want to take the walk of shame if the harness won't go down or I can't fit in.... All my friends and family say I'm mad as I'm not that big as some people who go on rides but I can't take that chance...
Thought I'd start this thread to see what you all looking forward to once the weight comes off ...

I'm looking forward to ...

1. being able to go on the rides at theme parks
2. stopping sizing up things to see if I could fit in like 'chairs with arms'
3. Stop Wondering if that white plastic chair will hold my weight and just sit on it
4. Going into a shop and not having to go to the back of the rail to find my size.

What about you ?

Last edited by Bigmama99; 07-06-2014 at 12:21 PM..
Bigmama99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
iirc, several of us cried when various JUDDD BUDDs reported that they no longer needed to request the belt extender for an aircraft seat.

As for the rest I'm surrounded by such polite people that nobody has ever commented on the whereabouts of the 50+lbs that I've shed (apart from DH, whom I suspect only knows this because he records our weight on a weekly basis). And I don't shop for clothes, by and large, because I hate the process (shopping for kayaking stuff doesn't count...).

Thinking about it - I enjoy something negative, or rather the absence of something. I don't get the usual food eating shaming that sometimes happens when women eat in public. You know, the faux concern of people who ask you, "Are you sure you should be eating that?" if you close your teeth around anything more than a lettuce leaf.

You will always encounter the annoying boors who incant, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips", but, thinking about it, I don't get the remarks that are intended to shame women for having an appetite* in public. (Shades of Victorian ladies and Gone With the Wind.)

*ETA I do eat tapas sized portions of food but I've observed women being shamed for eating a Hazelnut Thin that I knew contained <12kcals (ah, Sainsbury's - why did you ever stop stocking those little morsels of Heaven).
July 2014 Life, eh! In March I had a DXA scan which revealed very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional and normal service may resume at some point

Last edited by SlowSure; 07-06-2014 at 12:42 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: juncus
WOE: JUDDD & Low Carb
Start Date: 05/13/14 (LC), 07/07/14 (JUDDD & LC)
Wow, do #2 and #3 resonate with me!!! They would definitely be at the top of my list too! I literally cannot imagine NOT thinking about the chairs-with-arms thing! Whenever I go ANYWHERE new, my first thought is ALWAYS: "Please let the chairs NOT have arms!"

Or if I'm riding in a car I don't usually ride in, I get paranoid about the seatbelt not making it all the way across me.

And about the airplane seatbelt extender..... I bought my own on eBay! I was planning a trip and knew that I would probably need one. Just thinking about asking the flight attendant for one mortified me (especially having to do it in front of my daughter), so I looked on eBay and found lots of them. I got one for less than $10, and it saved me from potentially having to embarrass myself on the plane.

Last edited by juncus; 07-06-2014 at 01:25 PM..
juncus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
All these are wonderful things to look forward to!! I look forward to less aches and pains, if I can ever shed the rest of this weight.

Slow, I am appalled that anyone would make a comment about what you eat. It would be the last time anyone said anything to me, if they did lol.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I could not wait until I did not need a size 20P (that is a hard size to find and I rarely found anything remotely "cute".)

So glad I don't need these anymore!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fat Pants.jpg (21.9 KB, 28 views)
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom23
Stats: 242/233/135
Start Date: 6/25/14
Being able to keep up with my kids.

Feel better about myself. More confidence.

Be healthier. Get off bp meds.

Be a good example to my kids.

Having a healthier relationship and guilt free relationship with food.

Have more energy.

Cuter clothes.

Ok...sorry for the following, but I am only human.....I was married for more than 15 years and my ex cheated on me and had her move in after the divorce. This can really throw one for a loop and do a number on a person's self worth. I actually gained an additional 60 pounds after that happened. Not that I care for my ex...it's been more than 5 years and he has only shown me more more what a schmuck he is, so really not because I want to impress him, but because I want to show this is what you lost. I know this sounds so silly, but this is me being honest. Maybe a little immature, but there you go.
Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:54 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I understand where your coming from.. im on my 2nd marriage and I split up with my 1st husband after I found out he was having an affair.. ive been married again for 9yrs now and love my 2nd husband to bits but there is always a little part of me that thinks that if I see my ex and I look good it will make him think 'look what I had and lost'. But you have to do this for yourself and leave the past behind and move forward to your new slimmer life and the good life you will have ahead of you x
Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I totally agree. That is a very tiny part of me. The major reason is health. I want to live a long healthy life.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:46 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
Start Date: Reboot 10/2013
1) More stamina
2) Fitting into the several pairs of pants I have that barely fit at one point, but now do not fit at all >_<
3) Less pressure when eating out with friends - less stress when it comes to having a treat every so often.
4) Weighing less than my significant other LOL!
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
Start Date: Reboot 10/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmama99 View Post
I understand where your coming from.. im on my 2nd marriage and I split up with my 1st husband after I found out he was having an affair.. ive been married again for 9yrs now and love my 2nd husband to bits but there is always a little part of me that thinks that if I see my ex and I look good it will make him think 'look what I had and lost'. But you have to do this for yourself and leave the past behind and move forward to your new slimmer life and the good life you will have ahead of you x
I can identify with this ^^^
But I have seen my ex since we split a few years ago, and being happy, in a stable relationship, and on my way to a healthier lifestyle was better, and shined through more than any amount of weight I may lose, or might have lost.

Plus, when I saw him, one of his front teeth had fallen out.. I'm pretty sure I win
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
Plus, when I saw him, one of his front teeth had fallen out.. I'm pretty sure I win
Old 07-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom23 View Post
Ok...sorry for the following, but I am only human.....I was married for more than 15 years and my ex cheated on me and had her move in after the divorce. This can really throw one for a loop and do a number on a person's self worth. I actually gained an additional 60 pounds after that happened. Not that I care for my ex...it's been more than 5 years and he has only shown me more more what a schmuck he is, so really not because I want to impress him, but because I want to show this is what you lost. I know this sounds so silly, but this is me being honest. Maybe a little immature, but there you go.
My first husband was a body builder. He also used steroids, so he was a 'roid head and that greatly contributed to the demise of the marriage. I was thin when we were together, and when we split, I was about 135 pounds and he told me I was fat (I'm 5'9"). Anyway, I gained the weight after we split, and would have been mortified to see him.

Long story short, we're now FB friends and he's gained a bunch of weight and is now married to someone who dated several of my exes (pattern?). Ha, she's overweight, too, and there's this mean, snide, evil part of me that is really happy about it. I'm glad they're happy together, and I've given up "most" of my resentment toward him, but I'm still childish enough to enjoy the fact that the karma train has come back around and run him over for being so cruel to me.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
My first husband was a body builder. He also used steroids, so he was a 'roid head and that greatly contributed to the demise of the marriage. I was thin when we were together, and when we split, I was about 135 pounds and he told me I was fat (I'm 5'9"). Anyway, I gained the weight after we split, and would have been mortified to see him.

Long story short, we're now FB friends and he's gained a bunch of weight and is now married to someone who dated several of my exes (pattern?). Ha, she's overweight, too, and there's this mean, snide, evil part of me that is really happy about it. I'm glad they're happy together, and I've given up "most" of my resentment toward him, but I'm still childish enough to enjoy the fact that the karma train has come back around and run him over for being so cruel to me.

Thanks for sharing. Your story actually made me smile.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I just love you girls!! Thanks for the giggles this morning.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
I can identify with this ^^^
But I have seen my ex since we split a few years ago, and being happy, in a stable relationship, and on my way to a healthier lifestyle was better, and shined through more than any amount of weight I may lose, or might have lost.

Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great stories!

When I was first losing, I was most concerned about seatbelts and airline seats. At one point I thought I was going to have to take a flight and was really stressed out that they might make me buy a second seat. That would have been humiliating and so expensive.

Fitting into chairs and worrying about them breaking under me was also a big one. I remember coming into my doctors office and they had redecorated their waiting room and the chairs (with arms) were so tiny.

Being able to walk through a crowded restaurant without knocking into chairs, tables, and other customers with my huge hips and butt.

Turnstiles.......enough said.

Being able to get up off the floor without a big production. That is truly one of my joys now, that my legs can lift me weight with no huge effort.

Cutting my toenails without getting out of breath.

Being on my feet for any length of time without getting all hot and sweaty, and having my legs and back ache so bad I HAD to sit down.

The list goes on and on!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: juncus
WOE: JUDDD & Low Carb
Start Date: 05/13/14 (LC), 07/07/14 (JUDDD & LC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Great stories!

When I was first losing, I was most concerned about seatbelts and airline seats. At one point I thought I was going to have to take a flight and was really stressed out that they might make me buy a second seat. That would have been humiliating and so expensive.

Fitting into chairs and worrying about them breaking under me was also a big one. I remember coming into my doctors office and they had redecorated their waiting room and the chairs (with arms) were so tiny.

Being able to walk through a crowded restaurant without knocking into chairs, tables, and other customers with my huge hips and butt.

Turnstiles.......enough said.

Being able to get up off the floor without a big production. That is truly one of my joys now, that my legs can lift me weight with no huge effort.

Cutting my toenails without getting out of breath.

Being on my feet for any length of time without getting all hot and sweaty, and having my legs and back ache so bad I HAD to sit down.

The list goes on and on!

You are my soul sister!!
juncus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I'm such a bad person. I've thoroughly enjoyed the stories about the hubris of the exes being run over by the karma baggage train...

In tranquility, it's probably another absence that I'm grateful for, I never think about whether I'm going to be the fattest woman somewhere whereas it's something that causes several acquaintances to fret when they go out or need to meet new people in a professional or social setting.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Just thought of another one for me....

Looking forward to no longer Walking past a shop window or mirror and seeing my reflection from the side and thinking "omg... am I really that big" ...
Old 07-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:

Looking forward to no longer Walking past a shop window or mirror and seeing my reflection from the side and thinking "omg... am I really that big" ...
Several of us (I'm pretty sure Yam-Yam mentioned it first), were ECSTATIC when we walked past a shop window and didn't recognize ourselves. You'll actually get to the point where you're thinking, "She looks nice and slender . . . I wish I looked like that." And then you realize it's YOU!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I can't wait for this one too.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:

Oh yeah, that one is fun. Dawn's right. I saw myself coming up the aisle of Walgreen's on the big mirror they have hanging there and didn't know it was me! Duh!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Several of us (I'm pretty sure Yam-Yam mentioned it first), were ECSTATIC when we walked past a shop window and didn't recognize ourselves. You'll actually get to the point where you're thinking, "She looks nice and slender . . . I wish I looked like that." And then you realize it's YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh yeah, that one is fun. Dawn's right. I saw myself coming up the aisle of Walgreen's on the big mirror they have hanging there and didn't know it was me! Duh!
I honesty can't wait to have that feeling of saying 'wow' instead of 'yuk'.