Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
JUDDD newbies: introduce yourselves! (Part 3)

The previous thread titled "JUDDD newbies: introduce yourselves! (Part2)" was closed due to its size. Please continue your discussion here.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
The administrators are busy today! We have also been busy with all of our new friends!

Keep posting.....
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyMcSOB
Stats: 5'8" 184/184/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 2014
Hello everyone - I've been lurking here on JUDDD for around a week, LC in general for longer. Been on every diet (it seems) - this is not my first rodeo My highest weight ever was 239 but been hanging out at my current range for quite a long time.

I started last week with my first DD on Friday, then suffered through a DD on Mother's Day ("Mom have some pancakes and bacon!").

Sinus surgery was this past Wednesday and I'm doing a DD today because I feel a lot better now. I know I know - terrible timing. I was just so excited to try JUDDD that I didn't want to wait!
KellyMcSOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Kelly! I'm glad you decided to join us and I hope you post a lot and get to know us over on the main threads!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMcSOB View Post
Hello everyone -

Sinus surgery was this past Wednesday and I'm doing a DD today because I feel a lot better now. I know I know - terrible timing. I was just so excited to try JUDDD that I didn't want to wait!
Hi Kelly, welcome aboard! It seems like there's no really good time to start a weight loss program, doesn't it? But when you're excited about it is the best time, even if it's Christmas Eve. I'm another newbie who has tried and failed about every diet out there, some (like WW) several times, but on JUDDD I really am losing. So is my sister, who has a terrible time trying to get weight off. My sister doesn't have to record UD calories, but I do because I'm such a compulsive overeater; but each of us has found the best way to make JUDDD work for her, and you will too. You'll find wonderful support here on this forum. One of my favorite threads is "How is your down day going?" How is your DD going? (Part 3). Part Three was just opened because Part Two got too long, but the older threads are well worth reading through, as are all the others. Anyway, we're glad you're here, and wish you every success.
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:52 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyMcSOB
Stats: 5'8" 184/184/150
Start Date: April 2014
Thanks for the welcome!
KellyMcSOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Kelly!!!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cabsav
Hello~I have just finished my first two weeks of JUDDD and thanks to two UDs in a row, I have gained everything back that I lost. So, I'm having a DD today and I was wondering what you tell yourselves to get through the day. Besides telling yourself you can eat tomorrow, what kind of positive thoughts do you use to motivate yourself through the day? I find that I just can't wait for my DD to be over, and I wish I could embrace it a bit more.
Cabsav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

The DDs take a little getting used to at the beginning. After a bit of time they become second nature and they don't make a difference one way or the other. At least that has been my experience.

I think coming here and reading and posting helps a lot.

Are you following the juddd calculator calories for your UD and your DD?
Old 05-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
The DDs take a little getting used to at the beginning. After a bit of time they become second nature and they don't make a difference one way or the other. At least that has been my experience.

I think coming here and reading and posting helps a lot.

Are you following the juddd calculator calories for your UD and your DD?
Carly...I love to hear that DDs get easier. Definitely coming here and reading makes things easier. I have to get better about posting though.

I'm losely following the JUDDD calculator. I'm 5'10.5", 162 lbs, and 39. I put little or no exercise and ended up with 1810/362. Those are pretty good numbers. I'm sticking to DDs pretty well, but I'm not counting on UDs...clearly I should. I actually, don't think I'm going over my UD cals, but I enjoy a few drinks on my UD and that may be affecting my weight. I'm going to try the next few UDs with no drinks (wine ) and see how it goes. Thanks for your support!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabsav View Post
Carly...I love to hear that DDs get easier. Definitely coming here and reading makes things easier. I have to get better about posting though.

I'm losely following the JUDDD calculator. I'm 5'10.5", 162 lbs, and 39. I put little or no exercise and ended up with 1810/362. Those are pretty good numbers. I'm sticking to DDs pretty well, but I'm not counting on UDs...clearly I should. I actually, don't think I'm going over my UD cals, but I enjoy a few drinks on my UD and that may be affecting my weight. I'm going to try the next few UDs with no drinks (wine ) and see how it goes. Thanks for your support!
Well, the good thing is you must not have much to lose. The bad thing is it can be a bit harder when one gets closer to goal. You can do it though!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabsav View Post
Hello~I have just finished my first two weeks of JUDDD and thanks to two UDs in a row, I have gained everything back that I lost. So, I'm having a DD today and I was wondering what you tell yourselves to get through the day. Besides telling yourself you can eat tomorrow, what kind of positive thoughts do you use to motivate yourself through the day? I find that I just can't wait for my DD to be over, and I wish I could embrace it a bit more.
Don't let the bounce rock your world (like Carly said in her famous post!). It doesn't mean you've gained back anything. It just means you have more fluid retention and more....ahem.....stuff in your system. Keep the faith!

DDs really do get easier, and the sensations of being empty become much less unpleasant, and some of even enjoy the empty, peaceful sensation. Try to think about that feeling meaning you're burning fat and calories. Actually, that's how I try to frame all of the DD feelings in my mind. You know, the feeling cold, grumbling tummy, maybe slight lightheadedness every now and then. All signs your body is burning it's own fuel!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, the good thing is you must not have much to lose. The bad thing is it can be a bit harder when one gets closer to goal. You can do it though!!!
Carly - no, thankfully I do not have much to lose. I can already tell that my clothes are fitting better and I feel like I look better - half of it is confidence, right

LoCarbGal - I really appreciate your advice. I like the thought that the DD feeling is burning fat and calories. I just will have to get in that mindset. As for the water retention and "more...ahem...stuff," ---hilarious!! Thanks.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wants2lose
Start Date: June 6
Hi! I am new to JUDDD actually just started today! I got my numbers off the website. Looking forward to talking with you guys! Joined along time ago to this site but never used it much. Weight is unfortunately still the same
wants2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wants2lose View Post
Hi! I am new to JUDDD actually just started today! I got my numbers off the website. Looking forward to talking with you guys! Joined along time ago to this site but never used it much. Weight is unfortunately still the same
wants2lose! I'm glad you are joining us. This is a wonderful WOE, a wonderful bunch of people, and so much great information here. Good luck, and post often!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
wants2lose! I'm glad you are joining us. This is a wonderful WOE, a wonderful bunch of people, and so much great information here. Good luck, and post often!
Thank you!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

About me

Now that I have had my first DD and I am off work, I thought I would introduce myself. I have tried many diets and have done low carb for a long time off and on. I don't think that low carb works for me anymore. Has anyone ever been immune? (I did have my thyroid checked with the correct panels tested and its fine. I am low on vitamin D and have been (that I know of) for a year or so. I have been trying to get in the sun without sunscreen for 15 minutes a day and take supplements. Just got tested again and still low. I am up to 5000 IU's a day.
I get so frustrated dieting because its hard for me to lose weight. I am assuming that my metabolism is just basically null due to yo-yoing with my weight for many years. My doc finally told me better to stay at one weight than yo-yo. So, I haven't dieted in a few months. But, I am ready to try again.

I just read about JUDDD and thought this might be the answer but I have some questions....
Today, I saved up my calories and ate 380 at dinner. Is saving up and eating at one time ok?
Does anyone eat out on DD? like side salad low calorie soup etc?
Can you eat anything you want as long as you stay with your calories from the JUDDD calculator?
Do most of you exercise? My husband and I walk about 2 miles 3 times a week. Is this enough?
Do you have to limit fat/carbs or anything on UD as long as you stay around your calories?
Some of you use some acronyms that I don't know....is there a list of these somewhere?

Thank you in advance for any answers/help you all can give me! I am praying this works for me. I need help and lots of it so I plan to continue on this website daily! HERE I GOOOOOO.....
Old 06-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Thank you in advance for any answers/help you all can give me! I am praying this works for me. I need help and lots of it so I plan to continue on this website daily! HERE I GOOOOOO.....
I think we've all felt as though our metabolisms were broken after many unsuccessful weight loss attempts. I thought mine was. In fact, I was certain that all the successes I was reading about right here with JUDDD would not work for me because I was so messed up. But lo and behold, I started losing fairly quickly and kept losing for a long time on JUDDD. Let me try and answer your questions here:

I just read about JUDDD and thought this might be the answer but I have some questions....
Today, I saved up my calories and ate 380 at dinner. Is saving up and eating at one time ok?
You can eat your calories any time you want to during the day. The key will be to find the way that works best for you. Some people eat tiny snacks every hour or two all day. Many split them up so they get a small breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lots of us wait until later in the day and eat most of them for lunch and dinner, or just dinner.

I've only attempted it a couple of times, and was fine. I prefer to try to arrange eating out when I can really enjoy it, but I don't eat out all that often either. Lots of JUDDDers eat out all the time and make it work just fine.

Can you eat anything you want as long as you stay with your calories from the JUDDD calculator?
Yes you can! The only thing to remember though, is that you'll have to see if certain things make you hungrier. Like if you had nothing but cake on DD, would it start you on a carb craving frenzy? If so, don't do it again. If not and you were happy, keep doing it when you want to. The beauty of JUDDD is that it is flexible to any foods. Like Dawn (KeirasMom) says, JUDDD is an eating schedule, not a diet.

Do most of you exercise? My husband and I walk about 2 miles 3 times a week. Is this enough?
Since you are already doing this exercise, it shouldn't be a problem to keep doing it. Again, you'll have to see how you feel. Lots of times, the beginning several weeks of JUDDD are quite an adjustment, so I wouldn't start any new activity during this time. After having done it for awhile, lots of us don't seem to have any problems doing exercise of our choice on either UDs or DDs. Enough? That's up to you!

Do you have to limit fat/carbs or anything on UD as long as you stay around your calories?
Nope. You can choose your eating plan around what you like, prefer, and feel best eating.

Some of you use some acronyms that I don't know....is there a list of these somewhere?
You're not alone wondering about this stuff. Here's the link to a good thread that will help with that. If something isn't there and you don't get it, just ask!

acronyms???
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Now that I have had my first DD and I am off work, I thought I would introduce myself. I have tried many diets and have done low carb for a long time off and on. I don't think that low carb works for me anymore. Has anyone ever been immune? (I did have my thyroid checked with the correct panels tested and its fine. I am low on vitamin D and have been (that I know of) for a year or so. I have been trying to get in the sun without sunscreen for 15 minutes a day and take supplements. Just got tested again and still low. I am up to 5000 IU's a day.
I get so frustrated dieting because its hard for me to lose weight. I am assuming that my metabolism is just basically null due to yo-yoing with my weight for many years. My doc finally told me better to stay at one weight than yo-yo. So, I haven't dieted in a few months. But, I am ready to try again.

I always save my calories and eat one time right before bed on DD.
JUDDD really just cares about the calories. Your body may feel differently about the foods you choose, but as long as it's within your calories on DD or UD it's fine with JUDDD.
I rarely eat out on DD, but if I do I get a side house salad with vinegar.
I exercise regularly now, but I didn't in the beginning. I don't exercise to help with weight per se as much as for general health and well being.

I find being active on the JUDDD boards helped/s tremendously!!!
There is great support and encouragement here.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 06-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krissyboo
Stats: 190/170/140. 5'5 1/2"
WOE: Judd, IF, ADF
Start Date: May 1st, 2014 IF, June 1st JUDD
I started Judd 6/1. I have seen losses doing IF and figured this was the next logical step in my weight loss journey. I like this WOE and I still incorporate IF on UD. My first DD was a breeze, I think it was the excitement about a new WOE. My DD yesterday sucked. I ate may be 800 cals. Hoping to get a steady 500 cals on DD and 1500 on UD. MY short term goal is to reach 170 by July 10th. I am 180 currently is that too unrealistic a goal?
krissyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissyboo View Post
I started Judd 6/1. I have seen losses doing IF and figured this was the next logical step in my weight loss journey. I like this WOE and I still incorporate IF on UD. My first DD was a breeze, I think it was the excitement about a new WOE. My DD yesterday sucked. I ate may be 800 cals. Hoping to get a steady 500 cals on DD and 1500 on UD. MY short term goal is to reach 170 by July 10th. I am 180 currently is that too unrealistic a goal?
krissyboo! I'm glad you found us here. JUDDD really is just another form of IF. Alternate Day Fasting to be exact. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you will incorporate IF on UDs, unless you mean an eating window?

DDs can be tough, especially in the beginning, but it just takes some adjustment and keeping the thought that you can have whatever you want....tomorrow! I love that thought!

As far as your goal - who knows! You may blast right through those 10 pounds (I hope so!). Or your body may want to take its time and do it slowly. I totally understand wanting it off NOW, but even if its slower, it's still coming off. And weight is only one component, as I'm sure you know. Body size, shape, muscle building, etc etc. Good luck to you and post often!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

I always save my calories and eat one time right before bed on DD.
JUDDD really just cares about the calories. Your body may feel differently about the foods you choose, but as long as it's within your calories on DD or UD it's fine with JUDDD.
I rarely eat out on DD, but if I do I get a side house salad with vinegar.
I exercise regularly now, but I didn't in the beginning. I don't exercise to help with weight per se as much as for general health and well being.

I find being active on the JUDDD boards helped/s tremendously!!!
There is great support and encouragement here.

Thank you so much! I have read a lot of your posts and congratulations on all your success! You will definitely be a role model.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I think we've all felt as though our metabolisms were broken after many unsuccessful weight loss attempts. I thought mine was. In fact, I was certain that all the successes I was reading about right here with JUDDD would not work for me because I was so messed up. But lo and behold, I started losing fairly quickly and kept losing for a long time on JUDDD. Let me try and answer your questions here:

You can eat your calories any time you want to during the day. The key will be to find the way that works best for you. Some people eat tiny snacks every hour or two all day. Many split them up so they get a small breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lots of us wait until later in the day and eat most of them for lunch and dinner, or just dinner.

I've only attempted it a couple of times, and was fine. I prefer to try to arrange eating out when I can really enjoy it, but I don't eat out all that often either. Lots of JUDDDers eat out all the time and make it work just fine.

Yes you can! The only thing to remember though, is that you'll have to see if certain things make you hungrier. Like if you had nothing but cake on DD, would it start you on a carb craving frenzy? If so, don't do it again. If not and you were happy, keep doing it when you want to. The beauty of JUDDD is that it is flexible to any foods. Like Dawn (KeirasMom) says, JUDDD is an eating schedule, not a diet.

Since you are already doing this exercise, it shouldn't be a problem to keep doing it. Again, you'll have to see how you feel. Lots of times, the beginning several weeks of JUDDD are quite an adjustment, so I wouldn't start any new activity during this time. After having done it for awhile, lots of us don't seem to have any problems doing exercise of our choice on either UDs or DDs. Enough? That's up to you!

Nope. You can choose your eating plan around what you like, prefer, and feel best eating.

You're not alone wondering about this stuff. Here's the link to a good thread that will help with that. If something isn't there and you don't get it, just ask!

acronyms???
Thank you for all your help! I read the thread on the acronyms and then some of the other stuff you posted. I suppose if I would have just read and read I would have found the answers. Much easier with your help! I truly appreciate it. I also read your blog. You should be a diet coach! Well I suppose you are on here Thanks again for your help!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

I found my first day interesting. I didn't eat all day because I knew it was Friday and my husband would want to go out to eat. We did go to Chili's and I had a side salad no dressing and some soup. The meal was 380. I worry about the true calorie count from restaurants. It can't be completely accurate. But I figured I had 120 calories to play with since I read the first 2 weeks I can go up to 500 calories.

Late last night I was a bit hungry and was thinking what I would eat when I got up. But I am not a morning person and when I did get up wasn't too interested in food. I was able to eat a little bit ago.

Okay so to jump the gun...I weighed after my first DD and was down 6 lbs. I know water weight etc but WOO HOO! Have to lose the water first ...right? Now, I can't weigh til next week because I will be depressed with the up/down on the scale. But, in recent diet adventures, the scale hasn't moved at all so I am pumped even if it's prematurely.

Also a bit apprehensive about my second DD being on a Sunday. I have to find something to do so that I won't be here at the house.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

One last thing...I wish there was a LIKE button on the posts. I find myself wanting to LIKE some peoples posts but really don't have anything to contribute. <<<<<facebook freak.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Thank you LoCarbgal! On UD I want to eat 16/8. I am a grader when it comes to eating and I need that eating window to discipline myself.

I concur wants2lose I have no experience in Juddd but I really get encouraged by the post and would love a like button.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

I meant grazer..
Old 06-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #28

Quote:
Thank you for all your help! I read the thread on the acronyms and then some of the other stuff you posted. I suppose if I would have just read and read I would have found the answers. Much easier with your help! I truly appreciate it. I also read your blog. You should be a diet coach! Well I suppose you are on here Thanks again for your help!
I'm so glad that helped. There's a ton to read, and I encourage you to read as much as you can, but it'll take awhile! Aw, thanks for your kind comments. I actually am contemplating what it would take to become some kind of a coach, whether it be Intuitive Eating, or fitness, or something along those lines.

Quote:
Okay so to jump the gun...I weighed after my first DD and was down 6 lbs. I know water weight etc but WOO HOO! Have to lose the water first ...right? Now, I can't weigh til next week because I will be depressed with the up/down on the scale. But, in recent diet adventures, the scale hasn't moved at all so I am pumped even if it's prematurely.

Also a bit apprehensive about my second DD being on a Sunday. I have to find something to do so that I won't be here at the house.
Six pounds is fantastic! And yes, whether it's water or not, it has to come off, and it does take up space! So you're smaller! WTG!

Quote:
Thank you LoCarbgal! On UD I want to eat 16/8. I am a grader when it comes to eating and I need that eating window to discipline myself.

I concur wants2lose I have no experience in Juddd but I really get encouraged by the post and would love a like button.
I tend to skip breakfast most days, both UD and DD, so I'm kind of doing a window naturally too. If I eat earlier, I just stay hungry all day.

Quote:
I meant grazer..
Old 06-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
There is alway this guy - - to use as the Like button!

Welcome to the newbies. The Best of the Best have answered your questions.....
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Hi! Just wondering how you are doing? I am nervous about today being second DD and at home....