Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Not hungry on Up Day - what to do? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/829602-not-hungry-up-day-what-do.html)

dreamingisfree 05-01-2014 05:52 AM

Not hungry on Up Day - what to do?

HI everyone,

I am new to this forum, and just starting JUDD. Been on it for about 2 weeks now. Have about 20 lb to lose. Will write more later.

Today is an Up Day. But I'm not hungry. However, I do feel vaguely slightly miserable and anxious and stressed though.

Might be nothing to do with JUDD. I know JUDD can make you feel good mentally, but just not today :cry:.

Any advice from people?

I don't really want to force myself to eat.

OTOH, feeling down.

I will got and try to meditate a while, see if that helps.

Yam-Yam 05-01-2014 09:51 AM

First of all, so sorry you are feeling down. :console: take some time for you and do something you love. Maybe you just need to rest. Take a bubble bath. Get some sun shine. And, yes, EAT!!!

Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. Dehydration can cause depression, so don't let that happen.

Here is a good old thread that may help you regarding eating on UDs:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...gotta-eat.html

LoCarbGal 05-01-2014 10:00 AM

Gosh, I'm sorry you're feeling "off" like that. I wouldn't force eating (I hope you're not in the beginning stages of catching a bug), but you might try something real soothing and decadent like a rich smoothie or even a milkshake or frozen yogurt shake. Maybe your favorite comfort foods today would be in order. Hope you get to feeling much better!:hugs:

dreamingisfree 05-01-2014 11:08 AM

Hello, thanks for your sensible advice.

Its weird about feeling down, don't think its much to do with JUDD actually. Could even be the weather, you know that heavy low-pressure feeling.

Anyway, by evening time, I started eating and my body almost 'kicked in' "I'm hungry!". So I did it reasonably well in the end for an Up Day!

Reminds me how important structure in way of eating e.g. UpDayDownDay is generally in the whole picture, it can really be of assistance.

But thank you any way.

p.s. Blabbermouth, I saw that thread you recommended. My own view is that you can possibly stretch Very Low Calorie or Low Calorie up to 2 days and have an Up Day on the third day But haven't quite worked out how yet ... OTOH maybe I should keep it simple.

But I am determined, and I will report on progress.

Carly 05-01-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingisfree (Post 16895682)

p.s. Blabbermouth, I saw that thread you recommended. My own view is that you can possibly stretch Very Low Calorie or Low Calorie up to 2 days and have an Up Day on the third day But haven't quite worked out how yet ... OTOH maybe I should keep it simple.

But I am determined, and I will report on progress.

I would do the plan as recommended. UD, DD, UD, etc...
It is so sustainable this way. If you are in this for the long haul I would recommend doing as Dr. Johnson suggested.

dreamingisfree 05-02-2014 03:55 AM

Thanks, LoCarbGirl, yes I think you are right I am coming down with a lurgie!!:(.
So, not JUDD after all.

I have done JUDD before a couple of years ago, very successfully. I lost 20lb, looked great, changed shape, and felt healthier (less lurgies!!!)

But the usual stress etc I am back to where I was.

Yes, the only way I am going to be successful is to keep it simple now.

I will go into "Intro section" and introduce myself now :)

Librarygirl 05-05-2014 06:33 AM

Hope things are going well, dreamingisfree. :) Welcome!

SuzeQ 05-05-2014 08:55 AM

From what I have read, and from posts, it is clear that some overeating can occur. Same thing happens on CAD/CALP reward meals. UD's are no different. If you eat until you are "satisfied" you are on track. If you overeat it won't work for you as well. I finally realized that this holds true whether you are on JUDDD or any other form of eating. I can maintain all day eating the way I normally do, but to lose I have to exercise (ugh!) and eat to satiety. I've read so many posts on the board and this is so true my dears. I have maintained and lost a couple more pounds since coming back to the board, but I relaxed last two weeks and now have to do more work. Cheers to all your hard work!

Librarygirl 05-05-2014 04:13 PM

Yep, it's so true, Suze. Much as I hate to admit it, overeating/fasting equals maintenance. Time to stick with the numbers if I want to continue losing.

EmmaLiza 05-06-2014 09:50 AM

Agree with the other posters. Don't eat if you're not hungry. Eat to satisfaction, not to fullness.

Boy, is that easier said than done sometimes. :)

Evian101 06-22-2014 04:42 PM

Great thread.

Thanks for sharing your hard earned experiences :)

Bigmama99 06-23-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 16895561)

Here is a good old thread that may help you regarding eating on UDs:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...gotta-eat.html

That is a good post to read... I've just completed 2week on juddd so far and lost 8.5lbs and I have thought to reduce my ud calorie intake (I haven't yet) before now as mine is 2200... But now I know it's good to eat x