Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   May JUDDD Newbies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/829593-may-juddd-newbies.html)

Carly 05-01-2014 03:03 AM

May JUDDD Newbies
 
:welcome: to all the May JUDDD Newbies!!!!
Ask all your questions here and get loads of support and encouragement from your JUDDD Buds!

time2change 05-01-2014 05:20 AM

Happy May Day! Today is my 2nd up day and I am looking forward to it. My scale broke so don't have a clue weight wise yet. Ordered one from amazon that will be here today so tomorrow will be my official start weight. So far so good. I am actually thinking of getting a latte this morning. Something I never do.

Flutter 05-01-2014 06:47 AM

Welcome May peeps!!!! :heart:

T2C, happy UD!! Enjoy!!

Patkid 05-01-2014 07:08 AM

Welcome, new JBs!!
A latte sounds good, t2c!!

sloanranger1957 05-01-2014 08:05 AM

Hello from the north east of England, just trying to get my head around all of this, today my first day online. I am a bit confused ! but ill keep going

Hope to finf lie minded friends

Jo x

Flutter 05-01-2014 09:14 AM

Lots of great peeps here, ranger! Welcome again and read & post bunches. It helps a lot! :heart:

LoCarbGal 05-01-2014 10:09 AM

Happy May! I hope a bunch of new JUDDD BUDDDs find us this month!

sloaneranger, :welcome:! You'll find lots of friends here, and lots of support!

Carly 05-01-2014 06:21 PM

:welcome: to all the new JUDDD buds!

kimmy6779 05-01-2014 08:49 PM

ive started and failed so many times on so many different things...... every time I keep wanting to come back to JUDDD. im not sure I have ever given it a fair chance.... I so badly want to do that!! Carly, your progress is amazing.... do you have a blog or anything I can read of your journey? Im highly motivated by seeing others results and how they did it day to day.... I need this so badly, ive wanted to lose weight for six years now... im 34 and never thought id spend this much of my life so overweight and miserable. I only leave the house when I have to, avoid anything social in fear of seeing someone I know.... I want to start this and actually stick with it, so here it goes... again.....

Carly 05-02-2014 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmy6779 (Post 16896217)
ive started and failed so many times on so many different things...... every time I keep wanting to come back to JUDDD. im not sure I have ever given it a fair chance.... I so badly want to do that!! Carly, your progress is amazing.... do you have a blog or anything I can read of your journey? Im highly motivated by seeing others results and how they did it day to day.... I need this so badly, ive wanted to lose weight for six years now... im 34 and never thought id spend this much of my life so overweight and miserable. I only leave the house when I have to, avoid anything social in fear of seeing someone I know.... I want to start this and actually stick with it, so here it goes... again.....

My journal is linked in my signature where it says see my before and after pictures.

:welcome:

Sammyann 05-02-2014 04:28 AM

:welcome: wishing you all great success.

Goner 05-02-2014 12:18 PM

Welcome newbies! I was a May newbie in 2013!! A great time to begin a healthy eating journey - most areas are spring-like... and the season for warm weather and thus less clothing is coming - JUDDD is wonderful!... you'll be so much lighter by summer!!

dreamingisfree 05-02-2014 02:09 PM

Hi, I'm also a May :newbie.

I've let my diet slide for a good year because of stress and life events.

Its going to be challenging I know at times. But I am very, very committed.

I'm going to check out a journal, and weigh in once a week on LCF. Looking forward to see results, and seeing others' progress.

:):):)

kimmy6779 05-02-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16896350)
My journal is linked in my signature where it says see my before and after pictures.

:welcome:

I saw your before and afters. You look great! Did you keep a journal DURING your journey? I'm gonna go look at the journals now. I love reading others food journals. Am I weird? Lol

Today is my first fast day. Great so far!! I waited all day and just had some chicken and peppers stir fry. Later I'm having some Greek yogurt with blueberries. Gonna finish today at around 470 calories. Yay!

Carly 05-02-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmy6779 (Post 16897229)
I saw your before and afters. You look great! Did you keep a journal DURING your journey? I'm gonna go look at the journals now. I love reading others food journals. Am I weird? Lol

Today is my first fast day. Great so far!! I waited all day and just had some chicken and peppers stir fry. Later I'm having some Greek yogurt with blueberries. Gonna finish today at around 470 calories. Yay!

:welcome:! I didn't keep a journal during my weight loss. I just posted on the JUDDD threads religiously :)

Goner 05-03-2014 05:32 AM

Welcome dreamingisfree! And Kimmy - good job on your first DD!

LoCarbGal 05-03-2014 07:31 AM

:welcome: kimmy! Getting that first DD under your belt is a huge accomplishment! I hope you'll love JUDDDing and get as much out of it as I have. :high5:

cici52 05-03-2014 11:00 AM

:welcome::newbie::newbie::newbie: Welcome, May newbees!:heart:

Flutter 05-03-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmy6779 (Post 16896217)
ive started and failed so many times on so many different things...... every time I keep wanting to come back to JUDDD. im not sure I have ever given it a fair chance.... I so badly want to do that!! Carly, your progress is amazing.... do you have a blog or anything I can read of your journey? Im highly motivated by seeing others results and how they did it day to day.... I need this so badly, ive wanted to lose weight for six years now... im 34 and never thought id spend this much of my life so overweight and miserable. I only leave the house when I have to, avoid anything social in fear of seeing someone I know.... I want to start this and actually stick with it, so here it goes... again.....

Welcome!! You can do it!! :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goner (Post 16897000)
Welcome newbies! I was a May newbie in 2013!! A great time to begin a healthy eating journey - most areas are spring-like... and the season for warm weather and thus less clothing is coming - JUDDD is wonderful!... you'll be so much lighter by summer!!

:birthday: Happy 1 year Anni, gf!!! :love::clap::heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingisfree (Post 16897096)
Hi, I'm also a May :newbie.

I've let my diet slide for a good year because of stress and life events.

Its going to be challenging I know at times. But I am very, very committed.

I'm going to check out a journal, and weigh in once a week on LCF. Looking forward to see results, and seeing others' progress.

:):):)

You can do it! :jumpjoy:

time2change 05-04-2014 01:29 PM

Back on again tomorrow. We were gonna go camping this weekend but decided to do a jaunt to portland for a foodathon. We have never done anything like it and had a blast. Down day tomorrow and weigh in again to see the damage. Plus side for me, I am enjoying life and not stressing small stuff. I even bought new outfits for the trip. I refused to buy clothes because I was always trying to get smaller first. I literally only wore sweats for last year. Not anymore. Gonna live again while getting healthy, not wait to live until I do. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Carly 05-04-2014 03:27 PM

It sounds like you had a good weekend and a good attitude about living life while getting healthy!

workingmomof3 05-04-2014 03:37 PM

SIRT
 
Can you guys tell me what that stands for, I think I got the acronym correct, I read it in Carly's journal, some 'build up' that makes dd tolerance easier?

Thanks in advance,


Kim

Carly 05-04-2014 04:12 PM

SIRTs or Sirtuin enzymes build up in the blood stream of those who fast or severely restrict calories.

SIRTs can help with appetite suppression, better focus, more energy and help do internal cleaning.

time2change 05-04-2014 07:49 PM

Thank you Carly! What I think what we would love to here from you as newbies is what did you do for dd and ud's? You look fantastic and to achieve your success would be awesome!

Partyof7 05-04-2014 07:56 PM

Hi Fellow Newbies :)

Carly 05-05-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by time2change (Post 16899081)
Thank you Carly! What I think what we would love to here from you as newbies is what did you do for dd and ud's? You look fantastic and to achieve your success would be awesome!

I kept DDs as low as humanly possible (for me). I kept my DD around 150 calories, all eaten in the form of a bedtime snack at about 9:30pm. UD, I fasted till 1pm or later and enjoyed the heck out of dinner and a bedtime snack.
HTH.

MintQ8 05-06-2014 12:24 PM

I'm a Mayrenewby!

Hi all - here I am - back up to almost start weight - but ready to get it down!!!

I can do this - and I'm looking forward to the control!

Looking forward to getting to know the new peeps and reconnecting with the ones I know from before!

Day 1 (an UD - lol, had to be done as I was out for lunch and dinner!!!) done!!

KeirasMom 05-06-2014 01:10 PM

:hiya: Vicky!!

MintQ8 05-06-2014 02:26 PM

Hey Dawn!so wish I'd kept up the momentum - but who's to say it isn't going to work mentally this time! The eating thing is quite easy - I just need to break that 40lb mental barrier!

KeirasMom 05-06-2014 03:08 PM

I know what you mean. I'm playing around with all different sorts of things in maintenance. We're never satisfied are we? :laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:35 AM.