Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Cindy - your quote is the most inspirational quote I've seen. It's why I am so calm this time. I know its for life. Eventually it will happen for me.
Thank you. I often overlook it, but you brought it to my attention again, and it's something I need to understand as well.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cabsav
Hello. My name is Sarah and I've just about finished my first two weeks of induction. During that time my weight has gone from 165 down to 160, back up to 165 and now down to 160 again. I felt pretty frustrated when the weight went back up, but I'm going to attribute it to TOM and the fact that I'm alternating HIIT and cardio every day. I'm not quite 5'11'' and my goal is to get down to 150. From there I will re-evaluate and make new goals. I find my DDs easy until dinner. As I cook, I'm such a nibbler. Even though it's only raw veggies, they all add up. I'm trying to incorporate IF and give myself an 8 hour window on DDs, but I can't seem to do it on up days.

I've got three kids in elementary school (well one in pre-k), and until now I've always done low calorie diets to maintain or lose. It's not working now and JUDDD seems to be a viable WOE. I find reading all the info on these boards keeps me motivated so thank you.
Cabsav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Hello to all the newbies. I get so excited when I see more people trying JUDDD, 'cause I know the good that's coming your way.

Welcome back Donna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabsav View Post
Hello. My name is Sarah and I've just about finished my first two weeks of induction. During that time my weight has gone from 165 down to 160, back up to 165 and now down to 160 again. I felt pretty frustrated when the weight went back up, but I'm going to attribute it to TOM and the fact that I'm alternating HIIT and cardio every day. I'm not quite 5'11'' and my goal is to get down to 150. From there I will re-evaluate and make new goals. I find my DDs easy until dinner. As I cook, I'm such a nibbler. Even though it's only raw veggies, they all add up. I'm trying to incorporate IF and give myself an 8 hour window on DDs, but I can't seem to do it on up days.

I've got three kids in elementary school (well one in pre-k), and until now I've always done low calorie diets to maintain or lose. It's not working now and JUDDD seems to be a viable WOE. I find reading all the info on these boards keeps me motivated so thank you.
JUDDD is an amazing, livable plan. The weight bounces happen with JUDDD, but just do as Kissa says- relax, rotate, reduce... Or something along those line
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Cabsav!!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joymomto3boys
Stats: 199/185.5/130 5'2" 47 yo
WOE: LC - trying JUDDD
Start Date: May 2014
Welcome Sarah. Today is also the end of my first two weeks. I will weigh tomorrow as it is a DD today for me and I am just keeping track of weight after a DD although I still hop on the scale to see what affect the UD had.

I am not sure what you mean when you say you are trying to do an 8 hour window on your UD. Are you trying to wait to eat on both UD and DD's?
joymomto3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabsav View Post

Cabsav! Congratulations on completing Induction. The bouncing can be very frustrating, but with JUDDD you kind of have to get used to it. Once you have accepted that it is inevitable, you'll have less problem with it and will just love the downward bounce. I love the old example someone here gave, which is to think about a ball bouncing down the stairs. It does go up and down, but the trend is usually downward. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeanieS
Stats: 275/245/size12 (44 yrs/5'8"/size20)
WOE: LC 4/4-5/27/14 lost 17, JUDDD 5/28/14 258/245
Start Date: 4/4/2014
Hi! My husband and I have been eating low carb for the past 7 weeks and maybe it's because we're in our 40s now but the weight just really isn't doing what I'm used to it doing from past experience. I've been thinking we need to tweak things and this looks exactly like what we need.

Newbie question: I get the DDs. Easy enough, eat as few calories as possible. It's the UDs that have me nervous. How close do you have to stay to your ideal calorie intake before you botch the whole thing? I'm not really concerned about eating too many calories so much as I am about eating too few. My husband has diabetes and his blood work is looking great eating low carb so I plan to keep him fairly low carb even on up days. If he gets a few 100 less calories than he should will he not see results? Is it that strict? Or if he's within a range will he be ok? I've never been a calorie counter and I guess I'm worried I'll screw it up or something.
DeanieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #98

DeanieS (and hubby!). The calories you get from the calculator are just a rough estimate. We all have different metabolisms and pretty much have to find our own "sweet spots." So the calculator number is a good place to start, but by no means is it written in stone. I would recommend that you try hard not to go below that UD number though. The idea is to keep your metabolism stoked and not to do anything (excessive restriction) that would make it want to start conserving and slow down on you. Good luck!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
DeanieS (and hubby!). The calories you get from the calculator are just a rough estimate. We all have different metabolisms and pretty much have to find our own "sweet spots." So the calculator number is a good place to start, but by no means is it written in stone. I would recommend that you try hard not to go below that UD number though. The idea is to keep your metabolism stoked and not to do anything (excessive restriction) that would make it want to start conserving and slow down on you. Good luck!
That's what I needed to hear. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joymomto3boys View Post
Welcome Sarah. Today is also the end of my first two weeks. I will weigh tomorrow as it is a DD today for me and I am just keeping track of weight after a DD although I still hop on the scale to see what affect the UD had.

I am not sure what you mean when you say you are trying to do an 8 hour window on your UD. Are you trying to wait to eat on both UD and DD's?

Thank you everyone for the nice replies and welcomes! Joy, on my DDs I don't eat until 11:00 AM (I'm a teacher and that's our lunch...I could fast longer, but I think it doesn't really set a great example for the kids if I'm not eating). Then I don't eat again until 5~6...I try to eat before 7 so it becomes an 8 hour window of eating. Then I don't eat again until lunch at 11:00. On UDs I try and eat a light lunch and then eat more later. I don't limit myself to stop eating at 7, but try to stop by about 8 or 9.

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself well. I find the JUDDD bounces both motivating and frustrating. Yesterday I had a fantastic DD and this morning I was up .5 lbs. The day before I had a fairly free UD and lost 3 lbs. I don't really get it, but I'll keep on trying.

Thanks again, for all the welcomes...it helps me not give up!
Old 05-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Hi everyone!! I'm a chronic restarter of JUDDD, but I don't give up! No sir...this is my UD #3 and I have done 3 DDs so far...have lost 4.4 pounds in 5 days Not sure why I abandoned JUDDD...it is really the most doable plan out there...I know it works. I did have a hard DD yesterday, but I white knuckled it through. I should have maybe ate a little more and had breakfast...which I didn't do and the first 2 DDs I did have a protein shake for breakfast, and my first 2 DDs were not hard. And I did try to go a little lower in calories yesterday which maybe was a no no...?? Oh well, UD today and that will be good

One thing I did yesterday when I got cranky was reading Carly's before and after journal and pics...wow!! That motivated me like nothing else and instead of throwing in the towel, I thought...I can eat whatever tomorrow!! This WORKS!! And I did perservere

My UD cals are 1696 and we are going over to a friends house for supper so that should work well!! Have a great day everyone!!

Kim

Last edited by sloppail; 05-25-2014 at 11:12 AM..
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
One thing I did yesterday when I got cranky was reading Carly's before and after journal and pics...wow!! That motivated me like nothing else and instead of throwing in the towel, I thought...I can eat whatever tomorrow!! This WORKS!! And I did perservere
So glad it helped
Old 05-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Carly...It really did help Thanks for always posting and being here...

Today I'm definitely not as hungry as yesterday ...I've eaten about 750 calories and have lots left for supper. Tomorrow I'm excited to have a Starbucks light caramel frappucino...100 calories....heck I may have 2 of em, one for lunch and one for supper Will bring my calories to 350 for the day !! Along w my breakfast atkins protein shake that is...

Kim
Old 05-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

On some DDs I get a Skinny Vanilla Latte. On those days I feel like it is just worth the 100 calories.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Yummmm those are good too I really like the icy blended drinks more though...makes me feel like I'm getting away with something...
Old 05-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm usually too cold on DD to enjoy an icy drink. I get the DD shivers something terrible!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Sooo, I had an awesome DD today! Came in at about 275 calories, and I didn't have pains in my tummy today...I had the comfortable emptiness that people talk about, and I was able to more than last till lunch without thinking about food I had starbucks drinks today...and a tossed salad w salt and vinegar on it. If my DDs are going to be like this, I should have no problem with this WOE

Have a great night everyone...my official WI for 1 week is tomorrow am

Kim
Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #108

Good luck on your WI this morning Kim! I'm looking forward to hearing how you're doing (although as we all know, the scale is a rather imperfect measurement of progress). I'm so glad you're feeling that good solid empty feeling. That is a great sensation, isn't it?
Old 05-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Hi Carol! I weighed in at 153.0 this morning... A 3.6 pound loss officially for my first week...you are right about not totally trusting the scale...the scale was down overall this week but I did see lower numbers on my 5th DD ?? Oh well, it's the general downward trend I want to see... Plus the health benefits are GREAT . My UD today brought me to 1680 cals and I'm on the treadmill writing this... Happy day !!! I'm in a better place today than I was a week ago, that's for sure...hopefully the empty feeling will feel great and not be hard to deal with tomorrow ...it's funny because today I had a lot of control with food and eating...and when I ate I definitely knew when I was full and had had enough food.

Kim

Last edited by sloppail; 05-27-2014 at 08:45 PM..
Old 05-28-2014, 04:48 AM   #110
Junior LCF Member

Kim~I'm another newbie. I'm from BC but have been living in South Korea for the past 12 years. I'm loving the support I've received so far here and maybe we can help each other our too. Looks like you are doing great. My time is so different to everyone's but my family and I will head to Vancouver Island for the summer next week. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi
Old 05-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cabsav! Welcome to JUDDD! This group is awesome! My family and I go to the Shuswap every summer...I love BC!

Had an DD yesterday...great DD I had a starbucks frap for lunch and one for supper...240 cals for the day This morning I weighed 151.4...5.2 pound loss so far

UD today for me!! What should I eat? Nummmmmmm

Kim
Old 05-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bada_bing
Stats: 157.6/147.2/135
WOE: LC and JUDD
Start Date: Restart May 20/14
Looks like we have a Canadian theme going here...lol. Ya, seems like if we don't watch it, we all overeat! Like you, I did a restart and hope to continue and maintain this WOE so that I don't keep gaining. I am so bad at just letting the 10-15 lbs come back and then when it hits 20, I panic and start being smarter about my WOE. I restarted with a DD on May 19 and I am happy to say that I am down 5 lbs. At first, I was getting a headache on DDs, but that seems to have quit. I unfortunately can't seem to go as low as 250 calories but my 500 seems to be doing the job. I am on a DD having a light bulletproof coffee. Can't seem to get away from them...need that one in the morning to get me going for the day.
Bada_bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

I made it through my first DD yesterday. Hubby is doing it with me and it went well for both of us. We've been doing low carb for the past 8 weeks and while we're on induction will stay with low carb JUDDD so that could be why it wasn't too tough. I feel full really fast when I eat usually and we both feel less hungry in general on low carb.

We ate:
Breakfast - 1 egg and 2 pieces of turkey bacon that were 30 calories each
Lunch - 110 calorie shake (I liked these because they had 7 grams of carbs so that helped figure out how to fit in our carbs on our first day)
Snack - 2 celery sticks 15 calories
Dinner - chicken simmered in water with celery and seasonings and I attempted to make Buttoni's low carb dumplings but I was in a hurry and they didn't turn out like they should have
Hubby also had a salad, I was full so skipped it
Old 05-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Love the new avi, Bada Bing!

DeanieS, it sounds like you're an old hat at JUDDD! Excellent start!!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Love the new avi, Bada Bing!

DeanieS, it sounds like you're an old hat at JUDDD! Excellent start!!
LOL thanks, I really owe it all to this board. I've spent a lot of time reading and learning from you all. To be honest I've avoided the whole calorie thing and that's been the toughest part of planning and educating myself. Low carb by itself is pretty easy lol. But I'm determined that we both lose weight and feel healthy because we were both starting to feel crappy all the time no matter what we ate.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Just a quick

Boarding the plane soon. It's been a lovely few days in Florida, but I'm ready to be home. Sounds like the new folks are doing well.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Hi!! I am having an awesome DD...it is 3:10 and I have not had a thing to eat! I am honestly not hungry...and I feel content and happy! I have had 2 coffees w davinci, and a Diet Pepsi. That's it...DDs are actually getting easier with each one I did have a big UD yesterday, and gained 3 pounds, and that's why I am not going to weigh after an UD again ...Yep. I just wanted to see what kind of weight gain would happen with that kind of eating day

Have a great day everyone!!

Kim
Old 05-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

BTW, how long till SIRT1 gene is firmly at work?
Old 05-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #119

Kim, I think Dr. Johnson said something like 2 weeks for it to really build up in your system.

Safe trip home, Carly! I'm glad it was a nice visit.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:43 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, Kim- Dr. Johnson said about 2 weeks, but I think for me I really felt it around 4 or 5 weeks.