Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 03:01 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
May Daily Chat

Happy May to all the JUDDD Buds! This is the place to chat about all things JUDDD or not.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 03:10 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Happy May Day .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
I love the month of May. I am just hoping some lovely Springtime weather shows up soon!
I have a Spring version of a nasty cold/flu thing. There may be a bit of rejoicing around here as my voice is COMPLETELY gone. LOL
If I am not 'perking' by tomorrow I will call Doc. Maybe I need an antibiotic?
Dunno, but I feel pretty crappy.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:24 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yuck, I hope you feel better soon, Pat. By the way, I’ve been noticing what amazing progress you’re making with your weight loss! Well done!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Happy May - now let's see some spring like weather in the northeast!

Pat - feel better soon.

Today is my "baby's" 42 birthday! Where do the years go?

I said I'd be back for weighing in May, but I'm sure not "feeling" it yet - gonna fake it till I make it... fingers crossed. Decided to start with an UD - need it to be clean and calorie specific... here goes....
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Thought I'd say hi!
Been trying out HDE/IE, but I'm reading over here.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I love the month of May. I am just hoping some lovely Springtime weather shows up soon!
I have a Spring version of a nasty cold/flu thing. There may be a bit of rejoicing around here as my voice is COMPLETELY gone. LOL
If I am not 'perking' by tomorrow I will call Doc. Maybe I need an antibiotic?
Dunno, but I feel pretty crappy.
Pat! I'm so sorry you're ill. The pollen is supposed to be worse this year than ever before, they're even calling it the "pollen vortex" though I have no idea what that means. Is it possible you have allergies? Of course it could just be a bad spring cold. Spring colds are the worst. I hope you are on the mend soon.

Happy May JB's! Hoping this last of the May showers brings more flowers and sunnier days.
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:40 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Happy May peeps!!!!

Pat, feel better darlin!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Yuck, I hope you feel better soon, Pat. By the way, I’ve been noticing what amazing progress you’re making with your weight loss! Well done!
Aw, thank you!!
I love JUDDD, but owe any weight loss to the amazing support and advice here!!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:05 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Happy May - now let's see some spring like weather in the northeast!

Pat - feel better soon.

Today is my "baby's" 42 birthday! Where do the years go?

I said I'd be back for weighing in May, but I'm sure not "feeling" it yet - gonna fake it till I make it... fingers crossed. Decided to start with an UD - need it to be clean and calorie specific... here goes....
We are with you!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

BTW, Goner........my sons are 48, 46 and 45 this year! (Irish Twins LOL)
I so agree w/ you on the speedy passage of time!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Aw, thank you!!
I love JUDDD, but owe any weight loss to the amazing support and advice here!!
They are an amazing bunch, aren’t they?
Old 05-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Pat: Hope you feel better soon.

Goner: I know! Where does the time go? My babies are 40 and 38. Unreal. My 38 year old DS is turning gray!
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Pat, I sure hope you get to feeling better. Take care of yourself! How is the new roommate arrangement going? It certainly doesn't seem to be hindering your weight loss efforts!

Goner, I'm glad you're jumping back in. Those few extra pounds will come off again, don't you worry!

Well, after 2 solid days of jury selection, I got released yesterday at about 4:00pm. Whew! I was so relieved. It was a criminal case of kidnapping, sexual assault, drugs, weapons. It is NOT going to be pretty, and I'm glad not to have to do it. But there were quite a few nice people in our group and I got to chat and enjoy the company of a whole bunch of them. Yesterday I had lunch with 3 nice women and of course the subject of diet and weight loss came up, so I told them about my experience and they were so interested and wonderfully supportive. Two of them were naturally lean and petite, and couldn't fathom the idea of eating small EOD. The other lady was not heavy, but mentioned she has been struggling since menopause and she thought she could easily to JUDDD. It was fun telling them about it.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Happy May Day. Here it is also Lei Day with a fabulous display of leis in the park. People raise special flowers to make some of these spectacular leis. They are not the common orchid variety!

Hope everyone who is feeling unwell recovers soon!

Here's to a losing month for those following JUDDD and happy eating to those trying IE (intuative eating or eating when only hungry and not counting calories). There seem to be a number of people trying IE. After JUDDDing for so long, I think we do become attuned to when we are really hungry or not.

Hugs for ALL
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for all the positive energy for quick recovery from this bug!!

LCG, the new living arrangement is going just fine. In fact, better than I expected. I tend to worry needlessly sometimes. We are making a good adjustment.

I am thinking the lowest my scale will register is 170..............It has settled there pretty often in the last 10 days or so........I am eager to see a '6'. Juddd is just a part of my life now. I am feeling comfortable in my rotations. I am being a bit more lenient w/ calories on both UD and DD. I think that will stand me in good stead as I approach maintaining. I can get into all my 14s now but they are snug. The 16s look like 'clown clothing' so I am right between. 162- 168 is the range I stayed in during my working career. I think I may need to be at the lower end to fit comfortably in the 14s as I am so much older now and a lot more 'flabby'. I am very happy w/ my losses and am content to take my time in getting lower. I feel so much better and have stumbled upon my missing self-esteem and confidence.
I can never thank you guys enough nor convince you of just what an important part each of you played in my life for the past months.
Blessings,
P
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
... There may be a bit of rejoicing around here as my voice is COMPLETELY gone. LOL ...
I'm glad you can still type, so can be here "talking" to us!
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

LCG, the new living arrangement is going just fine. In fact, better than I expected. I tend to worry needlessly sometimes. We are making a good adjustment.

I am thinking the lowest my scale will register is 170..............It has settled there pretty often in the last 10 days or so........I am eager to see a '6'. Juddd is just a part of my life now. I am feeling comfortable in my rotations. I am being a bit more lenient w/ calories on both UD and DD. I think that will stand me in good stead as I approach maintaining. I can get into all my 14s now but they are snug. The 16s look like 'clown clothing' so I am right between. 162- 168 is the range I stayed in during my working career. I think I may need to be at the lower end to fit comfortably in the 14s as I am so much older now and a lot more 'flabby'. I am very happy w/ my losses and am content to take my time in getting lower. I feel so much better and have stumbled upon my missing self-esteem and confidence.
I can never thank you guys enough nor convince you of just what an important part each of you played in my life for the past months.
Blessings,
P
Wow, Pat!!!! Have you gone from 199 to 170 since Feb? That is incredible! I need to have what you're having!

I've been taking a break since last Friday. I plan to keep on breaking till Monday. It's been quite nice.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I went with Mom to her endocrinologist appointment today. This doctor is so wonderful. She's very knowledgeable and professional, but also acts like a real person and will interact and joke around with you. She noticed right away Mom's 40 pound weight loss in the 2 years since she has seen her, and even asked me if I had lost too. She wanted to know what we had been doing so Mom described JUDDD and she just got so excited, she was beside herself. She said she "I could do that! I have to read up on it! Wow, I could do any diet for one day if I could eat the next!" So nice to have such an open attitude from a medical professional.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:37 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Wow Patkid that's incredible.

LCG, it's so unexpected when a DOC gets excited about JUDDD. I love when they have such an embracing attitude.

So I definitely forgot that it's May. Here's hoping for some nice weather for a few days.

Today is going to be terrible and great all at the same time. Ha! It's the dreaded WEDDING day. Wedding starts at 6:30, but Bridezilla wants us all together by 10 AM. Sweet lord can someone just slap her? Preferably me! I'm off to get my hair done. 7 AM appointment. My poor hairstylist whom I absolutely adore. Wedding does not end until 12:30 AM so I will give you all the deets tomorrow afternoon.

Happy Friday to all and enjoy your day.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:50 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
We are with you!!! BTW, Goner........my sons are 48, 46 and 45 this year! (Irish Twins LOL)
I so agree w/ you on the speedy passage of time!
Thank you for being here for me!! And yes - time is flying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

Goner: I know! Where does the time go? My babies are 40 and 38. Unreal. My 38 year old DS is turning gray!
My 42 yo son shaved his head years ago when he started to resemble his bald dad! LOL But his beard has gray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Goner, I'm glad you're jumping back in. Those few extra pounds will come off again, don't you worry!.
Thanks for your vote of confidence! Keep it coming. <wink> And I'm glad you missed out on that jury duty - depressing case for sure.

Quote:

Blessings,
P
This is how I feel also with JUDDD and the encouragement here... I get the older and er... flabbier part of aging... don't like it, but coming to terms with a size 10-12 myself and acknowledging that it's just fine. My scale LOVES 160 - gets there and says "ok, I'm done!" LOL So I get your 170.

Quote:
I went with Mom to her endocrinologist appointment today. This doctor is so wonderful. She's very knowledgeable and professional, but also acts like a real person and will interact and joke around with you. She noticed right away Mom's 40 pound weight loss in the 2 years since she has seen her, and even asked me if I had lost too. She wanted to know what we had been doing so Mom described JUDDD and she just got so excited, she was beside herself. She said she "I could do that! I have to read up on it! Wow, I could do any diet for one day if I could eat the next!" So nice to have such an open attitude from a medical professional.
Nice that your mom could tell about JUDDD - and you too... and extra nice when a medical professional gives it the thumbs up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post

Today is going to be terrible and great all at the same time. Ha! It's the dreaded WEDDING day. Wedding starts at 6:30, but Bridezilla wants us all together by 10 AM. Sweet lord can someone just slap her? Preferably me! I'm off to get my hair done. 7 AM appointment. My poor hairstylist whom I absolutely adore.
I hope the wedding goes smoother than it sounds... you are a true friend for sure.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:53 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Well it's only day 2 of my restart... LOL... and I'm feeling hungry already - it's not even 9 am! DD today - I can do it! And yesterday's UD of 1700 calories (my limit) resulted in water weight whoosh... so I'm encouraged. Broth, water, pterostilbene here I come!! And also going to keep my hands busy in my flower beds today - busy dirt covered hands ensure I won't be eating! The sun is out - don't want to miss the opportunity! Happy Friday all!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
May is a very encouraging month. So happy to see more sunny days and flowers blooming. Makes a person feel like she could do anything. Just hopped over my first hurdle this morning. Pulled food out of the fridge, pulled out bottle of water, filled filtered water container, PUT FOOD BACK IN FRIDGE! Don't need it yet. Morning goals: drink all my water, dance some fat away.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:

Blessings,
P
I love reading your progress and sort of feel your peace of mind as you gain confidence. Also in my sixties, I look to you as inspiration and hope to be writing similar stories in months to come. Hope that bug has seen its last days with you.

Quote:
What a wonderful testimony to your and your mom's success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Wow Patkid that's incredible.

LCG, it's so unexpected when a DOC gets excited about JUDDD. I love when they have such an embracing attitude.

So I definitely forgot that it's May. Here's hoping for some nice weather for a few days.

Today is going to be terrible and great all at the same time. Ha! It's the dreaded WEDDING day. Wedding starts at 6:30, but Bridezilla wants us all together by 10 AM. Sweet lord can someone just slap her? Preferably me! I'm off to get my hair done. 7 AM appointment. My poor hairstylist whom I absolutely adore. Wedding does not end until 12:30 AM so I will give you all the deets tomorrow afternoon.

Happy Friday to all and enjoy your day.
Hope you have a wonderful day and the wedding is without trauma.

Quote:
Well it's only day 2 of my restart... LOL... and I'm feeling hungry already - it's not even 9 am! DD today - I can do it! And yesterday's UD of 1700 calories (my limit) resulted in water weight whoosh... so I'm encouraged. Broth, water, pterostilbene here I come!! And also going to keep my hands busy in my flower beds today - busy dirt covered hands ensure I won't be eating! The sun is out - don't want to miss the opportunity! Happy Friday all!
The whoosh fairy visits! Hang in there today. Yes you can do it! My early reading this morning on another forum - "Turn I can't into I will find a way."
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You just have to love a doc like that!! I usually choose to see my NP and she is just a very 'real' person. My doc..........is more 'business-y'.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Wow, Pat!!!! Have you gone from 199 to 170 since Feb? That is incredible! I need to have what you're having!

I've been taking a break since last Friday. I plan to keep on breaking till Monday. It's been quite nice.
Yes, Feb 3!
My losses are a direct result of the support and advice you all share!!

Enjoy your break!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It is cool and rainy here, again. I am glad you can be out in your flower beds.
I am hungry today, too. I did a poor job of nourishing myself yesterday. So I will just white knuckle it today and feast tomorrow.
I'm still sick, but feel like I've turned the corner.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:03 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
May is a very encouraging month. So happy to see more sunny days and flowers blooming. Makes a person feel like she could do anything. Just hopped over my first hurdle this morning. Pulled food out of the fridge, pulled out bottle of water, filled filtered water container, PUT FOOD BACK IN FRIDGE! Don't need it yet. Morning goals: drink all my water, dance some fat away.
You go, girl!!
Dance like no one is looking!!!!!
I love this mental image of you dancing!
I am with you in spirit!

Last edited by Patkid; 05-02-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Hanging in there on my DD - lemon water and broth and it's after 3 pm! Going to try to hold off for dinner at 5 pm. Weather wasn't as warm and sunny as I hoped - ended up going out for some bags of soil and some flowers - but no planting. Also VERY windy.... but it's drying my clothes on the line!

Keep "thinking" about food - and telling myself TOMORROW!

Pat - that is a great weight loss since Feb! Good for you!!

Cici- yup, another 60+ here... and dancing! LOL I was painting, listening to music and chair dancing!! Great job putting the food back in the fridge... later is good...
Old 05-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
DH and I are going to a party tomorrow night and I'm struggling with what to wear. The weather's getting warm and I realized all of my "going out" clothes are jeans and sweaters. It's a "dress to impress" type of party and I'd like to look HOT! I suppose I need to go shopping. That used to terrify me, and now I hardly dread it at all.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote