Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Sorry if the photo is so large on your screen.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 04:08 AM   #182
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joymomto3boys
Stats: 199/185.5/130 5'2" 47 yo
WOE: LC - trying JUDDD
Start Date: May 2014
I would love to make it to Machu Picchu some day as well. It is supposed to be amazing.

The bathing suit looks very nice. I love the pants. Looks very comfortable.

It was a tough DD yesterday but I made it. It helped being at a ball diamond for 3 hours last night. Turns out I was not just food snippy but PMS snippy as well. I never know anymore as menopause is approaching and everything is all over the place. Anyway I am enjoying seeing the losses on the scale and looking forward to my UD.
joymomto3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:52 AM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds like you've got the swing of it, Joy. I'm looking forward to my UD as well. Do you play softball? Duh, right?

I'm still trying to get used to earlier mornings. I go in 30 mins earlier and only get a 30 min lunch, plus leave later, but it's worth it because Friday's are off.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joymomto3boys
Stats: 199/185.5/130 5'2" 47 yo
WOE: LC - trying JUDDD
Start Date: May 2014
Yes getting it so far but the first weeks are always the best because it is new and you have focus. I used to play ball but all three boys play so now I am just the spectator. Well last night I did more talking than watching as I was catching up with a friend.

I would so go in early and take a shorter lunch in order to get Friday's off. That is awesome. The early would be easy but the lunch I would find harder but I guess that leaves less time the eat
joymomto3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

You said on the ball diamond, so I thought you were actually playing. Even better as a spectator sometimes.

Yeah, I actually don't mind the short lunch most of the time, because every other day I don't eat. Some UDs I don't eat lunch or not much lunch either...I tend to snack and then don't want to use many more calories for lunch, so that I can have a decent dinner.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Machu Picchu is on my bucket list. I've wanted to go for ages! Take lots of pictures and share some when you can, pretty please!

ETA: Except for the route one needs to travel to GET there. My anxiety would be through the roof!
On my bucket list, too. The only anxiety I have--and it's really not too much--is that I tend to get altitude sickness when I'm up high, which makes me unable to do much. I would hate to be in the middle of the hike and get that I'm about to faint feeling! However, I would take the medication and the coca leaves and whatever else there is, and soldier on just to see it and be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post

I plan on buying a swim suit something like this. Modest, keeps me out of the sun, etc. Easier to be active on the beach without being self conscience on.
Okay, that is officially adorable. It looks perfect--athletic enough and modest enough. Great combo.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #187
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have a fear of heights and I've seen travel shows where they document the train or vehicle route up the mountain and it's on a sheer cliff face. Ugh! I would need a tranquilizer to get up the mountain, then coca leaves at the top.

Today's not looking great. I got up at 3:00 a.m. to tend to a sick puppy, and never got back to bed. My coworker is going to be late, and I just feel all-around blah.

BTW, anybody want a puppy or two, and/or know anyone in my area who might? I know it's a long shot, but I have to throw it out there. I found these puppies over a week ago and nobody's claimed them. I can't have more dogs (per city ordinance, or I'd totally keep them). I don't want to turn them in to the shelter, especially since one is sick.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have a fear of heights and I've seen travel shows where they document the train or vehicle route up the mountain and it's on a sheer cliff face. Ugh! I would need a tranquilizer to get up the mountain, then coca leaves at the top.

Today's not looking great. I got up at 3:00 a.m. to tend to a sick puppy, and never got back to bed. My coworker is going to be late, and I just feel all-around blah.

BTW, anybody want a puppy or two, and/or know anyone in my area who might? I know it's a long shot, but I have to throw it out there. I found these puppies over a week ago and nobody's claimed them. I can't have more dogs (per city ordinance, or I'd totally keep them). I don't want to turn them in to the shelter, especially since one is sick.
Gee. I had just planned on hiking up. Would that help? In steep situations, I always feel better relying on my own feet rather than a vehicle.

I found this place. Anywhere near you?
About Us
Old 05-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure why I feel I need to micromanage this fantasy trip to Macchu Picchu!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
I plan on buying a swim suit something like this. Modest, keeps me out of the sun, etc. Easier to be active on the beach without being self conscience on.
Those suits are quite popular in the UK tho' I gather they have a lot of drag if you're swimming or performing vigorous aquarobics.

I've narrowed my choices down to a couple of triathlon suits and the Bohn range - the latter offers a range of leg lengths, boy leg swim shorts, and tops with short and long sleeves. I feel fairly certain that this stuff is suited to my functional needs Tho' I do like some of the prettier outfits in this thread
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
Gee. I had just planned on hiking up. Would that help? In steep situations, I always feel better relying on my own feet rather than a vehicle.

I found this place. Anywhere near you?
About Us
I thought the hike up was miles and miles. Please micromanage away. We should have a JUDDD trip to MP!

That rescue is 3 hours away. We don't need to get rid of the puppies right away, so we're still looking for a good home, but need to get the little girl healthy and eating. She was fine until the last couple of days, so I don't know what's going on with her.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Those suits are quite popular in the UK tho' I gather they have a lot of drag if you're swimming or performing vigorous aquarobics.

I've narrowed my choices down to a couple of triathlon suits and the Bohn range - the latter offers a range of leg lengths, boy leg swim shorts, and tops with short and long sleeves. I feel fairly certain that this stuff is suited to my functional needs Tho' I do like some of the prettier outfits in this thread
Oh, thats good to know. I think they are just cute. I gather they are for frum or moslem women - but just perfect for me!
I usually wear full spandex over my legs under my swim bottoms and a tank top under my top. lol
So something like this would be way cuter than what I am doing! Though outside of being covered - I hadn't really considered performance. I just frolic in the water though. No sports yet! lol
Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm not sure why I feel I need to micromanage this fantasy trip to Macchu Picchu!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I thought the hike up was miles and miles. Please micromanage away. We should have a JUDDD trip to MP!

That rescue is 3 hours away. We don't need to get rid of the puppies right away, so we're still looking for a good home, but need to get the little girl healthy and eating. She was fine until the last couple of days, so I don't know what's going on with her.
It IS miles and miles up. We'll be skinny when we get there!

What does the vet say about the puppy? Have they been checked for parvo and/or worms?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #195

Quote:
It IS miles and miles up. We'll be skinny when we get there!

What does the vet say about the puppy? Have they been checked for parvo and/or worms?
We noticed that she wasn't eating when we tried to treat proactively for worms yesterday. Our dogs have an automatic feeder, and the puppies learned to use it in a day, so we haven't been monitoring their intake. They've been outside as well since we're not keeping them and I'm not remotely interested in house training right now. Gosh, I feel like I totally dropped the ball.

Our vet isn't able to get her in until Thursday, though they understand the urgency and will call if there are any cancellations before then. I've been reading up on parvo this morning and am relatively certain that's what she has. If so, we aren't going to be able to afford the treatments. In puppies it has a very, very high mortality rate. I'm really hoping it's just a bug, but it looks bad.

We brought her inside yesterday, away from the other dogs, and tried to hand feed her several different things and she's just not interested. She is drinking, but vomited last night, totally clear. I kept her in the kitchen last night and she peed, pretty dark urine. Then, after I got up early this morning, she had diarrhea and it appeared there was a little blood in it. No fever as far as I can tell, but the sites I've been reading about on Parvo list all those symptoms and fever is often, but not always present.

Our dogs are vaccinated and aren't showing any signs or symptoms, and the other puppy appears fine. I sure hope she'll be okay, and our dogs won't be affected.

Yennie, if you're out there, a little free advice? If the other dogs are vaccinated, are they relatively safe, or should we quarantine both puppies away from our dogs, and/or away from each other? I know we'll need to bleach everything. Ugh.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Dawn, I'm so sorry! Maybe you can ask the vet for a rescue rate? Having taken a few pups through it, in a kennel situation, I know earlier the the treatment the better the chance of recovery. What about the Humane Society? They may take her at the least, since she is sick.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #197

DH says she's eating now. He's giving her little bits of canned food at a time and monitoring. It's progress, since she wouldn't eat anything last night.

Our SPCA and animal control are run out of the same facility, as backwards as that sounds. If a sick animal comes in, they end up at animal control and are put down. Don't get me started on the nightmare at our local shelter/SPCA. I'd rather do what I can for her and hope for the best.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Well the results are in from my eyebrow procedure. While the eyeliner came out great, the eyebrows are a disaster!

I am so angry! I have made an appointment for next Wednesday with a highly reputable "repair" person. It is going to cost me an additional $450 - $600 to fix what that woman did to me! I am scheduling an appointment with her to try to get half my money back (the part I spent on the eyebrows).

The eyebrows are not even close to symmetrical, in at least three different ways. And they are pumpkin orange. I asked for neutral grey.

9 permanent makeup_before_sm.jpg
asymmetry1_sm.jpg
P1020030_sm.jpg

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #199

The eyeliner is gorgeous. I can see what you're saying about the brows, but only because you pointed it out. I'm sure I wouldn't even have noticed, otherwise. Not the point, I know. You paid good money and should have gotten what you wanted. I'm mad for you!

How far out are you from your procedure? My color faded to a much more natural color within about a week, if that helps at all. Mine were really, really dark at first and now they're pretty perfect.

ETA: Here's the link to where my pictures are: Permanent Makeup Post #23 has my before and right after pictures, and post #27 has one week post procedure. There's a huge difference between the right after and the one week later. HTH!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 05-13-2014 at 04:03 PM..
Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Nikki, if it makes you feel any better at all - I think the brow shapes are/is beautiful.

I was always taught (and have heard in make up youtube videos) that you don't want your brows perfectly symmetrical- that they are their own seperate 'entities'.
I guess I've always held to that advice and no one has ever said anything - maybe out of politeness? lol

The pumpkin orange..well..dont know what to say about that. Maybe it will fade. You are a beautiful woman! Sorry that happened to you.

Dawn - I hope your puppy makes it. so sad.
Goal#1: Fit into my wedding dress (265 will do it)
Goal#2: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt (Guessing 215)
Restart weight: 307 on 12/1
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Dawn,
If it is Parvo, it is highly contagious and lives for a very long time in the environment. Also, bleach does not kill the Parvo virus, you need special cleaners to get rid of parvo. And there is no way to get rid of it in your yard, it can literally live for 25+ years. You should isolate the sick dog immediately and ensure there is no contact between her (and, really, the other one as well) and your resident dogs. Having said that, dogs with parvo are SICK. They're not sick, they're SICK!!! If she's been sick for a few days, but is still kinda okay, she probably doesn't have parvo. A lot of the GI diseases look similar - worms, bacterial overgrowth, heck maybe she's reacting to the food you guys feed. Especially if she's a stray, having access to regular meals can some times make them go a little wonky.
If she's vomiting, you should not try to force her to eat. Try giving her no food for 24 hours, but offer small amounts of water. If she keeps that down, then you can offer small meals of bland food (plain scrambled eggs, rice, boiled hamburger, boiled or broiled white meat chicken, plain boiled potatoes). Like, 2 tablespoons. She eats and keeps that down for a few hours, she can have another meal. Also you can give them pepto. A 30# dog can have 5-6 ccs, they don't like it, you'll wear some of it and it turns their poop black so be prepared for that as well.
On a separate note, I'm a little incensed that you can't be seen until Thursday. A vomiting/diarrhea dog SHOULD NOT have to wait 2 days to be seen. I can't tell you how many new clients we pick up because their pets have an urgent need (V/D, abscess, etc) and their "regular" vet can't get them in for a few days. They know their pets can't wait so they call around until they find someone who will see them sooner. We ALWAYS figure out a way to get people in. That actually happened to a friend of mine who called to take her cat in, was told she had to wait 3 days for an appointment then when she went in for her appointment, they gave her a hard time for waiting so long & said she should have brought the cat in sooner. It made her angry. It made me angry. She has a new vet now.
Okay, rant over. Thank you for "listening".

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #202

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Dawn, I sure hope pup is alright and getting better. Yennie's information is very encouraging regarding it not sounding like she has Parvo, but very scary about how contagious and persistent it is.

Nikki, The eyeliner looks fabulous! I'm not sure I would have noticed that the eyebrows aren't perfectly symmetrical if you hadn't mentioned it. Like Party mentioned, mostly our faces aren't naturally symmetrical (unless you're Cindy Crawford or someone like that). What did your artist say about the color of the brows? Hopefully it will fade into something more natural.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #203

Thank you Yennie!! It looks encouraging then, because DH tried a different canned food yesterday, and she ate a little bit (he said maybe an ounce or two), and kept it down. When I got home, she was trotting along, and appeared MUCH better than just 12 hours earlier. She's isolated in the garage right now with fresh water and a bed.

I had read that a bleach solution, if left on the areas she vomited or pooped on, would kill the virus if it remained on for 20 minutes. I bleached everything last night. I'm sad to know it's not effective, especially since our other dogs have free reign of the house. I'm a bit scared now, but crossing my fingers that it's not Parvo. For now, we'll do our best to keep them separated, keep everything as sterile as possible, and hope for a cancellation at the vet.

I was shocked they couldn't see her before tomorrow. We've been using this vet for 16 years now and ADORE everyone there. I started going there when I adopted an adult female Rottie from the SPCA and a couple of weeks later she was having seizures. I took her to several vets who, at the time, said I should euthanize. I finally found this vet who gave me hope and medication. That dog (the best dog ever and the dog by which I measure all other dogs now) lived another 8 years and gave me so much joy that I wouldn't have had if I had euthanized her. I like to think I gave her a good life. And the epilepsy wasn't what finally got her. Anyway, I'm extremely loyal to my vet, but am concerned about this. DH will be taking the puppy and I'll ask him to make some inquiries.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #204

Okay, so we have a dog door into the garage which we blocked to keep them separated. One of the dogs, not sure who, got the door open, and the little girl puppy was running around the back yard. The good thing, though, is that she was RUNNING. Her energy is back! And DH said she's eating like there's no tomorrow, so appetite is good and strong. Now we'll just need to monitor so she doesn't eat TOO much and make herself sick.

Apparently my hypochondria extends to my dogs. I was sure it was Parvo, but am now cautiously optimistic. Thank you all for the good thoughts. I'm hoping she's turned the corner and is on her way to wellness!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #205

Great news Dawn! Okay so now that the crisis has hopefully been averted......PICTURES!!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Dawn--hurray for the puppy girl and thanks to Yennie for the information! I don't think bleaching places where she has pooped or vomited is a bad idea, anyway. So, hopefully, all is well and we can leave for Macchu Picchu soon!

Nikki--please try not to worry about your brows. They don't look unnatural to casual observer. I would not have noticed the asymmetry, either. That said, you should of course have satisfaction with what you paid for and I hope you get your money back. Do you know any lawyers you could bring along to your appointment?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Dawn, so glad the puppy is getting better!!!

Emma, you have me laughing about Machu Picchu. A fantasy trip is probably all I'll ever manage! How are we going to do it again? Chair lift or hiking?
Old 05-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Great news Dawn! Okay so now that the crisis has hopefully been averted......PICTURES!!!!
The boy is the black one and the girl is the brown one. I'm down for Machu Picchu! Let's do it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Puppies.jpg (27.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #209

Awwww! They're ADORABLE!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Glad to hear the puppies are doing well! This is a fly by for me. This week will be very busy straight through Saturday at this point, but I'll pop in.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote