Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I'm so sorry for the loss of your DS Patkid.

Carly & Chelly, happy belated anniversary. And congrats on the fat clothes donation.

Well... The wedding was an absolute hot mess. The stories I can tell. Several meltdowns were had and it was just a craptastic day from start to finish. I will post pics tomorrow. I was sick over the weekend and today was horrid so I didn't get to upload pics yet.

Sadly, my favorite and closest colleague was fired today right before the end of the day. We both cried and I'm really going to miss her. She was expecting it, but it was such crap to bring her in on Monday instead of doing it this past Friday. Plus, there was a fight between clients today with the police needing to be called. I have officially had way too much this past month. I'm definitely not looking forward to the remainder of the week. :-(

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Sadly (unless you're Carly and love to shop), everything I wore was new except for the sequined top. Even the shoes. It was still fun, and I got everything on sale or clearance, plus a black biker jacket.
Shopping is so much fun, and if done properly, burns calories, too!
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post

Sadly, my favorite and closest colleague was fired today right before the end of the day. We both cried and I'm really going to miss her. She was expecting it, but it was such crap to bring her in on Monday instead of doing it this past Friday. Plus, there was a fight between clients today with the police needing to be called. I have officially had way too much this past month. I'm definitely not looking forward to the remainder of the week. :-(
Well, that is pretty terrible. And, on the note of firing people, I had to fire my first employee today. Nice, sweet girl, probably around 19 or so (is it bad I don't know how old she is?) Anyway, she was a good (not great, but good) worker...when she came to work. But she averaged 3-4 absences a month from a 4 day/week work schedule. Her direct supervisor spoke with her twice, and we've covered it in staff meetings. She called in on Saturday. I let her work the morning while we sorted out the details and while she was at lunch, we cashed out her vacation time and wrote her a paycheck for the hours she'd worked. I called her in when she was just back and told her that, while I really enjoyed her as an employee, I needed to take her off the schedule because she wasn't reliable enough. She cried. I felt terrible. She then thanked me for the opportunity to work here. Felt even more terrible. But, dang it, SHOW UP TO WORK!!

And, onto more fun things. Here are 2 pics of the tat. One is a little blurry but I'm including it because the flash kinda obscured some of the details in the other. And of course I don't think either of them do it justice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG2739-1.jpg (36.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG2743-1.jpg (16.5 KB, 6 views)

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Super cute Yennie. Does it have special meaning to you? Sorry if I missed it and am too lazy to search. Most of mine "mean" something to me, but a couple are just flash I thought were cute.

Lisa, what a week/weekend you've been through. Ugh.

I was completely alone at work for part of the day yesterday, and only had one other person there for the other part. Thank goodness he came in because I wouldn't have had lunch otherwise, and we all know how much I LOVE lunch! My office staffs 8 normally, but 2 have recently quit, so of the six remaining, everyone else was either on vacation, had a sick kid, or were at conferences. It made for quite a stressful day.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Lisa, I know you are beyond happy that the Bridezilla wedding is over. I am sorry to hear about your friend being fired though. How awful!

Yennie, nice tat! I'm guessing it's about your son "The Bug"?

Hope things are a little less stressful at work today, Dawn!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shar
Stats: 172/158/140
Start Date: March 2014
I know some of my buds on here share hypothyroid and PCOS diagnoses. I was wondering if anyone has suffered from adrenal fatigue. I'm using a naturopath and not sure what she is going to suggest for treatment but worried about how it will affect my weight.
shar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar View Post
I know some of my buds on here share hypothyroid and PCOS diagnoses. I was wondering if anyone has suffered from adrenal fatigue. I'm using a naturopath and not sure what she is going to suggest for treatment but worried about how it will affect my weight.
Shar, if you are anywhere around Cave Creek, you might be seeing my dear friend who is an ND there. Wonder wonder....

I have taken several forms of adrenal support and they didn't affect my weight either way.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
Shar, if you are anywhere around Cave Creek, you might be seeing my dear friend who is an ND there. Wonder wonder....

I have taken several forms of adrenal support and they didn't affect my weight either way.
Actually, I am very near Cave Creek, but my ND is in Tucson. She has a satellite in Phoenix once a week.
I'm curious about your friend tho, so much closer to my home.

Did you have adrenal issues? how was it diagnosed? if you don't mind sharing...I'm just wondering if there is a deeper underlying problem. I'm thinking about seeing a geneticist for MTHFR test as I have a son with Autism and that is pretty common. It would explain a lot.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Actually, I am very near Cave Creek, but my ND is in Tucson. She has a satellite in Phoenix once a week.

Did you have adrenal issues? how was it diagnosed? if you don't mind sharing...I'm just wondering if there is a deeper underlying problem. I'm thinking about seeing a geneticist for MTHFR test as I have a son with Autism and that is pretty common. It would explain a lot.

Shar, my TCM guy gave me the different adrenal things, so no MD diagnosis. I have been diagnosed with lower-normal thyroid, though, and taken synthroid. It didn't affect my weight, either.

I can PM my friend's name, if you like.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Just thought I would check back in as I no longer do JUDDD. I have been maintaining quite nicely on Atkins 72 and have even climbed the carb ladder. I have thought about doing a DD here or there but never make. The only fasting I do now is from about 7pm until 12 noon everyday as I no longer eat breakfast. I was a longtime breakfast eater but now I am not hungry in the mornig so I skip it. Someimtes I get hungry around 10:30 and I either eat or ignore it and wait. I still have my 10 pounds I gained at Christmas but I have decided that I am happy where I am as all my clothes fit so i am not going to try to lose those pounds. Just will make sure NOT to gain 10 more next Christmas.

I am grateful for JUDD for my loss and grateful for Atkins 72 where I can eat daily and not gain. I have gradually worked my way out of obsessing about food and calories and eat when I get hungry. I take food with me to my goat shows and have had no problems remaining true to Atkins 72. I eat a very boring menu as I eat almost the same thing daily but it is working for me.

I hope everyone on JUDDD has the success I did and can find the perfect mainenance plan for life.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Today I am having a Down Day. I must...I put on this blue slinky thing last night and felt so sexy (lol sorry) and I could totally see where I have slimmed down some! I want more of that!

So even though I have 1 more day of antibiotics, I am doing a REAL dd today. 500 calories. Celery and zuccini if I'm hungry and lots of water.
Wish me luck.
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/149/145
Start Date: March 2012
Hi Adi! So nice to hear how you are doing and that you have found a comfortable way to maintain your weight loss. I have been missing around here again for a little bit as I have been sidetracked with learning lots about supplements in an effort to understand how to help my son with his illness.

Shar- we did the genetic testing through 23 and me (one word) and wow was it interesting to see the results both from a health point of view and the family ancestry part as well. We have some of the methylation issues but no problems with adrenal fatigue that I know of.

So wonderful to read and catch up with all the news with everyone!
Dawn your outfit looked great! Now you have me curious about your tattoos. I have a double heart tattoo that I got when I was 19 and was dating my husband but I am thinking I might need something a little edgier now that I am in my late 40's.
Cute ladybug Yennie!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #103

Adi!

Babs, I love the new avatar! You're stunning.

I love my tattoos. I have DH's initials on my ring finger and he has mine on his. We've both lost so much weight our rings don't fit, so we did tattoo rings and will eventually get our "real" rings resized.

I have a butterfly on my ankle. I got it at 19 and hardly anyone I knew had tattoos, so I just picked flash.

I have a pair of dolphins on my shoulder, a tribal orca on my lower back--flash. I just liked them.

DH and I have matching maltese crosses in red, white, and blue, with XI-IX and "In memory of FDNY" to commemorate 9-11. We were both firefighters when the attack happened. We designed that one and it means a lot to us.

We also have matching Japanese scrolls on our left triceps with Keira's name in Kanji (verified by my Japanese friend's mother).

I have the "coexist" symbol on my left wrist.

I have a large pair of irises (the flowers not the eyes) on the outside of my right calf. They were my mother's favorite flowers, so it's a memorial to her.

Most recently, I just got my eyeliner and eyebrows tattooed, though that's different.

I'm always thinking about the next one. I think some sort of Celtic cross or tree would be nice. If I had unlimited funds, I'd be sleeved.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Tomorrow I'm getting my first tattoo. It only took me 19 years to work up to getting it done. The actual art was designed by a gal who has been my friend since 4th grade, and her husband is doing the work. So its kinda special for that reason too. Its small so it should not take too long. Excited, and nervous. And now I can't tell the monkey he can never have a tattoo cuz both momma & daddy will be inked.
That's so cool! Don't be nervous! If your artist doesn't offer it, you can buy numbing cream such as they sell in the waxing section at the beauty supply, or you can even use Anbesol.

I don't have any tats but Thursday, to reward myself for reaching the big 50 in weight loss, I am getting permanent eyeliner and eyebrows done - again.

I had them done before but they didn't last even five years. This time I am getting them darker and using better, more lasting inks.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Super cute Yennie. Does it have special meaning to you? Sorry if I missed it and am too lazy to search. Most of mine "mean" something to me, but a couple are just flash I thought were cute.
Yeah, it does although I didn't write it before so you didn't miss anything. Rather, I started to write it up before then erased it because blah blah blah. But since you asked...

I've had this thing with ladybugs since I was about 13. Don't know why, but I've always liked them. Nothing like my whole house is decorated like a crazy person, but small little touches here and there. As such, I've wanted a ladybug tattoo since i was about 16. But my family is super conservative about stuff like that - as my (former military, go figure) step-dad used to say, "Tattoos are for bikers and circus freaks" Ok, so not exactly a tat-friendly environment. Any my mom used to do the whole "You'll regret it when you're older thing". So I compensated by dying my hair funky colors, piercing things (everything g-rated ) and such. Hubby has a tat he got in the Marine Corps when he was 19, so he's obviously supportive. I told him ages ago I wanted one and he was like - go for it!

So enter Facebook and reconnecting with old friends. I have this friend from 4th grade who is an extremely talented artist, and her husband does tattoos. We reconnected on FB, and I saw she was moving back to where we both grew up and for the first time in 15+ years, we were both going to be in the same state. So I finally bit the bullet and reached out to her and asked if she would be willing to design it (I can't draw a straight line with a ruler) and her hubby do the actual work. I told her what I wanted - a ladybug with a "Hidden Mickey" incorporated into it and she worked up several designs. We picked a base one, modified it until we were happy with it and then spend 4 months trying to find a time when I could get down to their house to have it done. We did it at their place instead of the shop because that way, without the commission, it cost me less, but her hubby pocketed more. It was a wonderful experience start to finish. She made breakfast,we hung out and caught up, I laid on their floor watching "The Last Unicorn" while the actual work was done. Can't beat that, huh?
Don't know if I'll get another one. It didn't hurt, per se, but neither was it the most comfortable experience ever and now that its healing there are some other pains as well. Like, wearing tight riding pants. There is a bandage
Anyway, so that's the long-winded story of how the ladybug came to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Just thought I would check back in as I no longer do JUDDD...
Hi Adi!
Nice to "see" you. I appreciate your stopping by - you were one of the great successes that made me want to try JUDDD in the first place. I've got about 10# left I'd like to lose as well, and its also heartening to hear about folks mixing it up.
Enjoy your goaties!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #106

Love it Yennie, and I'm glad you got something with meaning for your first. My aunt was in her 50s before she got her first tattoo. I don't think it's a young person's art anymore, so no biggie that you waited until you were in a more supportive environment, and had the right hands all involved in the process.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Dawn for the Avi complement and the tattoo descriptions. You and Yennie have me thinking about getting another. It would be nice to have one that had some personal meaning to it. This might take me some time to work out.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sorry Yennie, I must have been sleepwalking this morning. Although you didn't say anything, I realize you call your son "monkey". Oops! Anyway, it's a beautiful tat and thanks for sharing the meaning behind it!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #109

DH texted me a while ago that he got an awesome offer for us to upgrade our junior suite on the cruise we're taking next month. We are now booked into a grand suite. It's a short cruise, but I'm really looking forward to the walk-in closet, larger balcony, and whirlpool tub. Woot woot! Especially since we'll be camping for a couple of days, then in Las Vegas for a couple of days, then heading directly to the ship. I will be ready for some serious relaxation by that point.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your DS Patkid.

Carly & Chelly, happy belated anniversary. And congrats on the fat clothes donation.

Well... The wedding was an absolute hot mess. The stories I can tell. Several meltdowns were had and it was just a craptastic day from start to finish. I will post pics tomorrow. I was sick over the weekend and today was horrid so I didn't get to upload pics yet.

Thank you for the anniversary wish and ugh, ugh, ugh about all the rest
At least the wedding is over!

Quote:
Shopping is so much fun, and if done properly, burns calories, too!
I agree! If you try a lot on it's almost aerobic

Quote:
And, onto more fun things. Here are 2 pics of the tat. One is a little blurry but I'm including it because the flash kinda obscured some of the details in the other. And of course I don't think either of them do it justice.
I love the tat!

Quote:
I have PCOS, but no adrenal issues- that I know of. I did the 23 and me, so did DW.

Quote:
DH texted me a while ago that he got an awesome offer for us to upgrade our junior suite on the cruise we're taking next month. We are now booked into a grand suite. It's a short cruise, but I'm really looking forward to the walk-in closet, larger balcony, and whirlpool tub. Woot woot! Especially since we'll be camping for a couple of days, then in Las Vegas for a couple of days, then heading directly to the ship. I will be ready for some serious relaxation by that point.
Awesome!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Shar, my TCM guy gave me the different adrenal things, so no MD diagnosis. I have been diagnosed with lower-normal thyroid, though, and taken synthroid. It didn't affect my weight, either.

I can PM my friend's name, if you like.
YES PLEASE PM ME! TY
Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Sorry Yennie, I must have been sleepwalking this morning. Although you didn't say anything, I realize you call your son "monkey". Oops! Anyway, it's a beautiful tat and thanks for sharing the meaning behind it!
Bah - no worries! I can hardly keep his name straight most days, I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else to!

Wonderful, beautiful, sunny day here today. The grass is growing so tall, I'm hoping I can open my bottom pasture (~3.5 acres) for the beasts by mid month.

We have a new across-the-street neighbor. In an area of land plots all >5 acres, and a dead end road with only 7 houses on it, we are unexpectedly close (geographically) to the across-the-street neighbors. Its a rental property, so we're on renter #4 since we bought our place 28 months ago. The last set were my favorite. This gal keeps mostly to herself, which is fine. Except when she doesn't. She has mini-donkeys, who are, thankfully silent. She also has 2 goldendoodle or labradoodle looking dogs, and they are gigantic donkey holes! First, one got loose and came into our yard, growled at my kid, snarled at my dogs and this made me very, very angry. I sent the Monkey onto his pirate ship (2nd story, get away from the dog) and have enough control of my 2 dogs (Golden Retrievers both) to get them to come to me and in the house even though there is a strange dog on the property. So now I'm trying to catch this loose dog, who is running around peeing on everything <grrrrr> She finally comes and gets him. Apologetic, but still. Then a few days later, hubby goes for a run and as he's coming home, the other dog runs out into the street and tries to bite him! As in, there were small tears on his shirt! She came out again, "I can't apologize enough!" then starts grilling him as to why I have fly sheets on my horses (who were grazing in the front yard). We shouldn't clothe the horses, we should use fly predators, blah blah blah. Hubby was like - they're not my horses, take it up with the wife. I'm thinking - yes, bring it lady. Come tell me why I should not put fly sheets on my horses. If she's so anti-fly sheet, she's probably have a stroke if I told her a large part of the reason is so their coats don't bleach in the sun & they're orange the second half of the summer. Its unattractive in the show ring!
Anyway, I guess I'm just marveling at the nerve of someone whose dogs have wrecked (minor) havoc on our property to start lecturing us on how to manage our animals.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
looks like I messed up my post and it didn't take. let's just say today was a down day and NEVER SPEAK OF LAST 3 Days.
Ah.....BTDT. Back on that horse!

Quote:

I'm soooooo glad that's overwith for you girl! And to get sick after to boot! Rest and take care of YOURSELF for a change, okay? Sorry to hear about your colleague, and the drama at work. Sounds like you're about ready for some good ole' BORING days. Sometimes those are the best ones!

Quote:
Well, that is pretty terrible. And, on the note of firing people, I had to fire my first employee today. Nice, sweet girl, probably around 19 or so (is it bad I don't know how old she is?) Anyway, she was a good (not great, but good) worker...when she came to work. But she averaged 3-4 absences a month from a 4 day/week work schedule. Her direct supervisor spoke with her twice, and we've covered it in staff meetings. She called in on Saturday. I let her work the morning while we sorted out the details and while she was at lunch, we cashed out her vacation time and wrote her a paycheck for the hours she'd worked. I called her in when she was just back and told her that, while I really enjoyed her as an employee, I needed to take her off the schedule because she wasn't reliable enough. She cried. I felt terrible. She then thanked me for the opportunity to work here. Felt even more terrible. But, dang it, SHOW UP TO WORK!!

I love your ladybug! It's so cool that it has real meaning for you, and also that your friends got to be involved in it. Really makes it special. It sucks having to fire people, especially when they really are nice people. But just being nice doesn't mean you are automatically an asset. Sad but true.

Quote:
Hey neighbor! I'm in Peoria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Just thought I would check back in as I no longer do JUDDD. I have been maintaining quite nicely on Atkins 72 and have even climbed the carb ladder. I have thought about doing a DD here or there but never make. The only fasting I do now is from about 7pm until 12 noon everyday as I no longer eat breakfast. I was a longtime breakfast eater but now I am not hungry in the mornig so I skip it. Someimtes I get hungry around 10:30 and I either eat or ignore it and wait. I still have my 10 pounds I gained at Christmas but I have decided that I am happy where I am as all my clothes fit so i am not going to try to lose those pounds. Just will make sure NOT to gain 10 more next Christmas.

I am grateful for JUDD for my loss and grateful for Atkins 72 where I can eat daily and not gain. I have gradually worked my way out of obsessing about food and calories and eat when I get hungry. I take food with me to my goat shows and have had no problems remaining true to Atkins 72. I eat a very boring menu as I eat almost the same thing daily but it is working for me.

I hope everyone on JUDDD has the success I did and can find the perfect mainenance plan for life.
Great to hear from you Adi, and good to hear you're happy doing Atkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Today I am having a Down Day. I must...I put on this blue slinky thing last night and felt so sexy (lol sorry) and I could totally see where I have slimmed down some! I want more of that!

So even though I have 1 more day of antibiotics, I am doing a REAL dd today. 500 calories. Celery and zuccini if I'm hungry and lots of water.
Wish me luck.
How did the DD finish up? Isn't it fun to be able to see and feel the results of your hard work?

Quote:
Awesome! Sounds like the lap of luxury!

Quote:
Bah - no worries! I can hardly keep his name straight most days, I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else to!

Wonderful, beautiful, sunny day here today. The grass is growing so tall, I'm hoping I can open my bottom pasture (~3.5 acres) for the beasts by mid month.

We have a new across-the-street neighbor. In an area of land plots all >5 acres, and a dead end road with only 7 houses on it, we are unexpectedly close (geographically) to the across-the-street neighbors. Its a rental property, so we're on renter #4 since we bought our place 28 months ago. The last set were my favorite. This gal keeps mostly to herself, which is fine. Except when she doesn't. She has mini-donkeys, who are, thankfully silent. She also has 2 goldendoodle or labradoodle looking dogs, and they are gigantic donkey holes! First, one got loose and came into our yard, growled at my kid, snarled at my dogs and this made me very, very angry. I sent the Monkey onto his pirate ship (2nd story, get away from the dog) and have enough control of my 2 dogs (Golden Retrievers both) to get them to come to me and in the house even though there is a strange dog on the property. So now I'm trying to catch this loose dog, who is running around peeing on everything <grrrrr> She finally comes and gets him. Apologetic, but still. Then a few days later, hubby goes for a run and as he's coming home, the other dog runs out into the street and tries to bite him! As in, there were small tears on his shirt! She came out again, "I can't apologize enough!" then starts grilling him as to why I have fly sheets on my horses (who were grazing in the front yard). We shouldn't clothe the horses, we should use fly predators, blah blah blah. Hubby was like - they're not my horses, take it up with the wife. I'm thinking - yes, bring it lady. Come tell me why I should not put fly sheets on my horses. If she's so anti-fly sheet, she's probably have a stroke if I told her a large part of the reason is so their coats don't bleach in the sun & they're orange the second half of the summer. Its unattractive in the show ring!
Anyway, I guess I'm just marveling at the nerve of someone whose dogs have wrecked (minor) havoc on our property to start lecturing us on how to manage our animals.
Oh boy, don't get me started on neighbors! Um, does she have a clue that you're a vet and maybe.....oh I don't know............have a bit of understanding about animals? Just sayin'.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
*~*~Carol, Thank you always for support! Today I did great! Really great! It was all manageable. I just now ate 3 pieces of celery with about 2 tblspoons of pb. Drinking some water, and going to go curl up in to bed.
Tomorrow I do have planned a very bad non lc cheat. French fries and ketchup & ranch and season 1 of Friends. It motivated me through the day any time I thought of eating. *~*~

Sorry ladies, I really feel like a fish out of water in this group. Don't really know what to talk about other than JUDDD. Enjoy reading discussions though. Maybe we should have a getting to know you thread... that might be fun.
NSG#1: Log 40 hours of Callanetics by my bday
NSG#2: Fit into my wedding dress
NSG#3: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:20 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/106/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
I don't have any tats but Thursday, to reward myself for reaching the big 50 in weight loss, I am getting permanent eyeliner and eyebrows done - again.
Have your stopped your regular plasma donations? (Just curious because we don't permit donations for 16 weeks after tattoos/semi-permanent make-up in the UK and I'd read somewhere that in parts of the US it's 24 weeks to a year.)

Last edited by SlowSure; 05-07-2014 at 05:24 AM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:47 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Have your stopped your regular plasma donations? (Just curious because we don't permit donations for 16 weeks after tattoos/semi-permanent make-up in the UK and I'd read somewhere that in parts of the US it's 24 weeks to a year.)
Yes, I think it's a year where I am going. The regulations are in place to protect against unsanitary conditions/practices in tattoo parlors and the chance that they are using dirty needles. It's ridiculous. I am going to a medical spa with a dermatologist; they are not using dirty needles, their techniques are meticulously clean, and their facility is immaculate. So I am not worried about it. I will probably wait until I am all healed up (a week or so) and then just not mention it to the plasma people.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh boy, don't get me started on neighbors! Um, does she have a clue that you're a vet and maybe.....oh I don't know............have a bit of understanding about animals? Just sayin'.
No, she doesn't. I don't tell people. Because when I do, they either want free advice or try to impress me with all their vast knowledge. Neither is a situation I'm particularly comfortable with In fact, hubby specifically mentioned to me that he declined to share that particular bit of info with her, because he knows how I feel about it.

Whatever. We'll see how it goes. She seems nice enough, I guess, but gotta get the dogs under control or there will be problems...
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Your neighbor sounds wretched. You are quite right to keep the vet part of your identity quiet. It could come in handy if you have to report her dogs. I don't think attempted biting is a minor thing!

I have had two large "doodles" (still have one) and if I hadn't had the experience of owning Bouvier des Flandres under my belt, I would have been totally unprepared for their stubbornness and aggressiveness. As it was, we had to rehome one of them (both were rescues).

Last edited by EmmaLiza; 05-07-2014 at 10:00 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No, she doesn't. I don't tell people. Because when I do, they either want free advice or try to impress me with all their vast knowledge. Neither is a situation I'm particularly comfortable with In fact, hubby specifically mentioned to me that he declined to share that particular bit of info with her, because he knows how I feel about it.

Whatever. We'll see how it goes. She seems nice enough, I guess, but gotta get the dogs under control or there will be problems...
I am guessing she might not know how to get her dogs under control. That would worry me especially with your son. Do you think it would help to all go visit and have a bit of a meet and greet with the dogs & neighbour so they know you? Maybe there is some way to get off the stranger list until she gets things under control. Maybe they will move soon.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Dawn: Where are you cruising to? from? Sorry if you already told and I missed it. That is so awesome that your room got upgraded. A walk in closet? And whirlpool tub? I would love that!

I've been thinking lately that a shorter cruise than we usually take would be so nice. Thought I might look around for something that leaves from San Francisco or somewhere on the CA coast and just floats around for 4 days or so.

Lisa: So sorry about your co-worker/friend being let go. Bummer. Glad to read you made it through the wedding though. You can let out a sigh of relief now!

Adi: So great to "see" you.

I have not been feeling too chatty lately and have not been hanging out on the Net lately.

The weather is beautiful and DH and I have been doing a lot of yard work and enjoying the out doors.

An update on my BIL: He has stage 4 cancer so now the only thing to do is pray for his comfort, pain management and to let him know he is dearly loved.

Also, my DD has been in and out of the hospital. She says she is feeling better every day, but she is still having some issues like serious anemia.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote