Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Here's what I'm going with. The shirt from my avatar with a light knit jacket and pleather (yes, pleather, don't judge me) skinny jeans. I particularly like the patent peep toes, but you can hardly see them. Heading out! Catch up with you all tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Party Time.jpg (10.1 KB, 52 views)
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Absolutely smashing, Dawn!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hot, hot, hot!
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
So lovely! And don't you dare think about leaving us!
Happy Anni Carly & Chelly!
Went to a wedding tonight (just the reception). Wore a slinky black dress with gold sequin heels and a scarf. Got lots of compliments on weight loss from people that haven't seen me in a while or who usually see me in bulky barn clothes. That was nice. It was a lovely event.
Tomorrow I'm getting my first tattoo. It only took me 19 years to work up to getting it done. The actual art was designed by a gal who has been my friend since 4th grade, and her husband is doing the work. So its kinda special for that reason too. Its small so it should not take too long. Excited, and nervous. And now I can't tell the monkey he can never have a tattoo cuz both momma & daddy will be inked.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Dawn, you look gorgeous gf!! Hope it was a fun evening!

Yennie, WTG on all the complements & wow on the tat! You're braver than moi.

Morning all!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Here's what I'm going with. The shirt from my avatar with a light knit jacket and pleather (yes, pleather, don't judge me) skinny jeans. I particularly like the patent peep toes, but you can hardly see them. Heading out! Catch up with you all tomorrow.
I love it!! You look gorgeous. I hope you had a wonderful time too.

Yennie, you know you'll have to post a pic of that tattoo!!! You go girl!

Cross post, Morning Flutter!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everybody!

Yesterday was an UUAD (an extra 300) so looking for a lower DD today. Feel like I am well prepared. Plus today is a high activity day as well so will try to put a little extra gusto in my work.

Have a lovely day.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Dawn- you looked great!!!! I saw enough of the shoes to know they were great too!!!! (I love shoes!!!!)

Yennie- we want pictures of the tat!

We are getting ready to leave for The Commons. TOM showed up last night while at dinner

The only plus side is that if it actually stays away for a month I may not have when we go to Florida later this month, but with me, who knows.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
First you have to talk about that wonderful weather again, THEN you add in talk of your own lemon tree and MARGARITAS for added spite?!!!??? I love you, LCG, but that is just being a big ole MEANIE gf!!!

I had lots I wanted to say, but LCG's post just made me forget every bit of it. Now I just want heat and margaritas...yk, from my own gosh darn lemon tree.
I'm only trying to entice you to come and visit! I didn't mean to make you cry, but if that's what it takes.....

Quote:
Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Went to a wedding tonight (just the reception). Wore a slinky black dress with gold sequin heels and a scarf. Got lots of compliments on weight loss from people that haven't seen me in a while or who usually see me in bulky barn clothes. That was nice. It was a lovely event.
Tomorrow I'm getting my first tattoo. It only took me 19 years to work up to getting it done. The actual art was designed by a gal who has been my friend since 4th grade, and her husband is doing the work. So its kinda special for that reason too. Its small so it should not take too long. Excited, and nervous. And now I can't tell the monkey he can never have a tattoo cuz both momma & daddy will be inked.
Sounds like a very cute outfit! And yes, pics of the tat please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Good morning everybody!

Yesterday was an UUAD (an extra 300) so looking for a lower DD today. Feel like I am well prepared. Plus today is a high activity day as well so will try to put a little extra gusto in my work.

Have a lovely day.
Aw, I wouldn't necessarily call 300 cals an UUAD. Good luck on a great DD today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Dawn- you looked great!!!! I saw enough of the shoes to know they were great too!!!! (I love shoes!!!!)

We are getting ready to leave for The Commons. TOM showed up last night while at dinner

The only plus side is that if it actually stays away for a month I may not have when we go to Florida later this month, but with me, who knows.
Grrrr, bad timing! But I hope you don't have to deal with it in FL. Have fun today!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #70

Thanks all, it was a FUN night!

Have fun with DW shopping, Carly.

Yennie, I have bunches of tattoos (for some reason, people are often surprised by this--guess I look conservative or something!). Yes, you definitely need to post pictures.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Dawn: You are one sexy lady! I'm all for the pleather pants. They work great on you! Not many people could pull those off!

Yennie: I'll bet you looked amazing! Congrats on all the compliments you got. We definitely want to see pictures of that cute little tat!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Happy Sunday - nice pic Dawn, you looked great!

Cici - I hope 300 calories over isn't an UUAD - that was me yesterday and I'm just eating a little less today - even it all out. <grin>

Yennie- so nice you got compliments on your look and weight loss!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #73

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Just a quick hi from Peru, having a great time, walking lots but enjoying Pisco Sours too much.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

I just filled 3 garbage bags with my "fat" clothes to donate.

Hope I never need that stuff again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fat Pants.jpg (21.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
wow...so inspiring Carly...so beautiful!
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
wow...so inspiring Carly...so beautiful!
Thanks Party!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Incredible accomplishment, Carly. Get those babies out of the house! You will NEVER need them again.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:

Yee-haw! And a tax write off to boot! Think of the cruise you can take next year

The tattoo was...an experience. I don't actually have any photos of it yet but I will take some and post, maybe tomorrow? While it still looks good!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #79

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Carly that is just amazing. Bye bye fat clothes.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
It sounds like you have some great ideas. I hope you'll post a pic or two of the final look!

Yes, Pictures, please!

I'm so glad you're recovering Party! I was wondering how you were when you didn't post for several days. I know what you mean about such a teeny, tiny little thing causing so much pain and havoc! Don't worry too much about getting back to rotations until you're really feeling better. That takes a lot out of you!

Agree, completely!

Cici, it sounds like you are getting right back into the JUDDD groove. Did yesterday finish up the way you wanted?

Yes! Cici, you are doing great, and I always find encouragement and inspiration in your self analysis and determination. Thank you for being here.

It is so nice to relax away from rotations every now and then. I'm glad you're enjoying your break!

Sounds good, Carole! I love your new avi - so pretty!

Me, too!!!

No way! Not ever! This group has become so important to me I couldn't give you guys up, even if you went on the play-doh diet. () I'd still want you as my friends!

!!!!!, yes!

Happy Anniversary Carly and Chelly! Enjoy your day and your evening out!

It's gonna be a hot one here today. 101* for the high. Right now it's beautiful and I have my doors and window open, but that will only last another hour or so. I need to juice all the lemons I have left from my tree today. A whole bunch of them will get used up making fresh margaritas on Monday for Cinco de Mayo. Do you guys celebrate that? Here in Phoenix, it's a somewhat big deal. A good excuse to drink margaritas and eat good Mexican food!
I am actually contemplating a move to Lake Havasu City. Lots to think about but your post makes me lean Westerly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Ohhhh, that sounds like fun. I am in an area that has a ton of them, but I am terrible about going to do real shopping. I just walk around and buy flowers.
The flowers are the best part!

Quote:
Party, I am feeling your pain with the stones. Actually, at the moment my pain is not too bad.

My doc called yesterday to tell me the one that was lithotrypsied a couple months ago is still intact and in the same place. Since it completely blocks the ureter, will have to go in for more intervention.

One of our farmer's markets opened yesterday too. We have a couple really great ones that are convenient which I hit weekly. The other good one is open all year but I don't visit until summer. Love supporting the locals as well as getting all that great fresh stuff. I just buy local organic produce, honey, maple syrup and free range beef liver and eggs. Anything else I can get cheaper at the grocery.
So sorry about the KS. Uploading lots of water and big hugs!

Quote:
Carol, yesterday finished within acceptable limits though I can't help wishing it were lower. I don't do low DDs yet. If I finish under 1000 it is a successful DD and still in Johnson's weight loss mode. My UDs are 2260 so still a good difference and easy enough to stick to and lose slowly. I've decided that this is more productive for me than going all day without food then binging in the evening. So I will do this until such day as I can forget about food and drop a meal or two without going haywire. On the up side of this, if it works, I should still have plenty of calories to play with when I reach maintenance.
Great plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
First you have to talk about that wonderful weather again, THEN you add in talk of your own lemon tree and MARGARITAS for added spite?!!!??? I love you, LCG, but that is just being a big ole MEANIE gf!!!

I had lots I wanted to say, but LCG's post just made me forget every bit of it. Now I just want heat and margaritas...yk, from my own gosh darn lemon tree.
LOL, I want a Margarita, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Here in Wisconsin it is cold, windy with not much sun today!
I'm in Northern IL and I feel your pain!

Quote:
Lovely, You are just so youthfully beautiful!

Quote:
I have had an idea for a Tat for about 30 years.........Never had the nerve to follow through. Kudos!

Quote:
Good morning everybody!

Have a lovely day.
Feeling well prepared is the best!

Quote:

Hope everything times out just right! and Congratulations on the anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Dawn: You are one sexy lady! I'm all for the pleather pants. They work great on you! Not many people could pull those off!

Yennie: I'll bet you looked amazing! Congrats on all the compliments you got. We definitely want to see pictures of that cute little tat!
So happy to see you , Yam-Yam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Just a quick hi from Peru, having a great time, walking lots but enjoying Pisco Sours too much.
HI back! Enjoy the trip, thank you for stopping by. Pisco sours sound lovely. I had to google ........ I am NOT cosmopolitan in any way. LOL

Quote:

What a great feeling, Carly! And with your amazing taste in clothing someone will be so blessed by your generosity!

Quote:
Carly that is just amazing. Bye bye fat clothes.
And Amen!
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Pat, what has you thinking about Lake Havasu City? Do you have family or friends there? It certainly is a beautiful place!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #82

We'll be in Laughlin/Bullhead City in June for a couple of days. We usually go once a year to visit BIL and his kids. I love it for a few days at a time, but then I'm ready to LEAVE. Haven't been to Havasu except for a quick 1/2 day trip with DH when he was doing surveillance.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #83
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
When I was a teen my grandparents had a houseboat on Lake Havasu. I remember hot. We went for spring break one year and I was able to get a tan for the prom.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Pat, what has you thinking about Lake Havasu City? Do you have family or friends there? It certainly is a beautiful place!
My son lost his partner of 26 years last July. He has since sold their home in Skokie, IL (Chicago Suburb). He and Bruce (so hard for me to believe he is gone. He was loved so well by our whole family) own a home in LHC which has been rented out.
Son #1 is staying with me till the rental contract is up and he can do an extensive remodel at that home. The LHC house has 2 master bedroom suites and he is trying to talk me into moving to AZ w/ him. I am thinking about it.
Son #2 is in Panama City FL and Son #3 is in Champaign, IL. Lots to consider.

I am praying on the decision. I never want to be the mother that someone feels responsible for.........................I pride myself on independence but I have to admit that NO WINTER sounds like heaven to me.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Pat, I'm so sorry for you and your family, especially DS's loss of Bruce. He must have been a very special man.

No winter is for sure what you'll get! Yep, it's hot, but the lake, A/C, and swimming pools make it bearable and fun. I'm sure you'll find the answer you're looking for.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Love it! You look so good! Glad you had fun. And shopped in your own closet.

Quote:
I want one, but I feel too old. However, I was 21 before I was willing to pierce my ears, so it may happen yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post

Cici - I hope 300 calories over isn't an UUAD - that was me yesterday and I'm just eating a little less today - even it all out. <grin> ...
I second that emotion! UUAD to me is more like double the planned cals.

Quote:
My dad and I were just discussing pisco yesterday. He has traveled extensively in Chile. Do pisco sours taste anything like margaritas?

Quote:

Toss it and celebrate! LOVE the photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
My son lost his partner of 26 years last July. He has since sold their home in Skokie, IL (Chicago Suburb). He and Bruce (so hard for me to believe he is gone. He was loved so well by our whole family) own a home in LHC which has been rented out.
Son #1 is staying with me till the rental contract is up and he can do an extensive remodel at that home. The LHC house has 2 master bedroom suites and he is trying to talk me into moving to AZ w/ him. I am thinking about it.

I am praying on the decision. I never want to be the mother that someone feels responsible for.........................I pride myself on independence but I have to admit that NO WINTER sounds like heaven to me.
Pat, I have a friend who does this--lives with her 30-something son. It's been great for both of them. Because she helps with mortgage, they get a nice neighborhood, bigger house than she had by herself, etc. They apparently have a good relationship, get along well but not real dependent. (I believe this is the first time they have lived together since he left home at 16.) I think the relationship is the thing to consider. You have the luxury of a trial run here.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
looks like I messed up my post and it didn't take. let's just say today was a down day and NEVER SPEAK OF LAST 3 Days.
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
Love it! You look so good! Glad you had fun. And shopped in your own closet.
Sadly (unless you're Carly and love to shop), everything I wore was new except for the sequined top. Even the shoes. It was still fun, and I got everything on sale or clearance, plus a black biker jacket.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post

I'm sorry for the loss of your son's partner. I think it sounds nice that he wants you to move in with him. I think it would be great for both of you! If nothing else, you could give it a trial run, and tell him that you may decide to get your own place in the future, no hard feelings.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

I saw a show about Lake Havastraw on TV. It would be lovely to say farewell to the winter. I'm so sorry for your DS's loss. I bet you would both enjoy each other's company.