Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
72 and sunny! Trying to leave work early today. Riding tomorrow. Have the sense of well-being like ketosis gives me, but I know I'm not in ketosis, so hoping it is some by-product of fat-burning.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
DH and I are going to a party tomorrow night and I'm struggling with what to wear. The weather's getting warm and I realized all of my "going out" clothes are jeans and sweaters. It's a "dress to impress" type of party and I'd like to look HOT! I suppose I need to go shopping. That used to terrify me, and now I hardly dread it at all.
Dawn, I recently had to go to a fashion show & lunch and realized I have nothing suitable for such an outing. But instead of shopping, I just styled some jeans with a top from last summer, a scarf, and a ton of handmade jewelry (some of it mine). No one else was in jeans--they were all like Lily Pulitzer sundresses and pastel skirt suits from the 70s and blingy top + dressy pants (I don't have any of those either), but I felt so good and if anyone cared, they didn't indicate it to me.

I think personality/attitude/demeanor is 99% of what people chiefly see about others. Wear whatever makes you happy and confident. If it's something new, have a great time shopping for it!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Well, I have the shirt in my avatar, which is blingier (is that a word?) than it looks. I think if I find some cute dressy pants, it'll be good. Or I have a plain black skirt and knee-high boots that would look good with it. Maybe just a sheer black button-up top to go over. Hmmm, now I'm getting ideas. Thanks! My tummy is my problem area, so I never tuck in shirts and won't wear anything really form-fitting.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hello Every one
I am feeling a little better after my bout with kidney stone(s). One passed and wow, it was so small I was almost embarassed by all the pain - But WOWSER! Never again, I pray!
It was my two week JUDDD anniversary I got the kidney stone. I was all fit to celebrate also. wah.

I haven't been doing JUDDD for a week now. Just haven't felt good.

Thinking about starting back up tomorrow, but not too stressed either way. This is definitely my way of eating now. It's so flexible, and I love the feeling of immediate self satisfaction when the day is nearly over. It is what I need to stay motivated.

I also love that it gives me flexibility to eat fruit, or beans or even some corn or peas without freaking out that I am undoing all my progress.

Our Local Organic farm box deliveries start in 2 weeks. JUDDD will be a lot easier then because there will always be a lot of green and low calorie yummies to eat to stay on track...

I read the whole thread, but I do have brain fog from these pills so didn't associate names with posts. Have a great weekend everyone.
NSG#1: Log 40 hours of Callanetics by my bday
NSG#2: Fit into my wedding dress
NSG#3: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
DH and I are going to a party tomorrow night and I'm struggling with what to wear. The weather's getting warm and I realized all of my "going out" clothes are jeans and sweaters. It's a "dress to impress" type of party and I'd like to look HOT! I suppose I need to go shopping. That used to terrify me, and now I hardly dread it at all.
Well, of course I say... Go Shopping!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
72 and sunny! Trying to leave work early today. Riding tomorrow. Have the sense of well-being like ketosis gives me, but I know I'm not in ketosis, so hoping it is some by-product of fat-burning.
SIRTs- that's what they do for me.

Quote:
Well, I have the shirt in my avatar, which is blingier (is that a word?) than it looks. I think if I find some cute dressy pants, it'll be good. Or I have a plain black skirt and knee-high boots that would look good with it. Maybe just a sheer black button-up top to go over. Hmmm, now I'm getting ideas. Thanks! My tummy is my problem area, so I never tuck in shirts and won't wear anything really form-fitting.
Yup and maybe a great belt, loose over your hips... Or go shopping
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Well, of course I say... Go Shopping!!!!!!

SIRTs- that's what they do for me.

Yup and maybe a great belt, loose over your hips... Or go shopping
I have a gorgeous necklace that can be worn as a belt. Well I have a couple actually. That's a really good idea. And of course, . . . shopping!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
Hanging in there on my DD - lemon water and broth and it's after 3 pm! Going to try to hold off for dinner at 5 pm. Weather wasn't as warm and sunny as I hoped - ended up going out for some bags of soil and some flowers - but no planting. Also VERY windy.... but it's drying my clothes on the line!

Keep "thinking" about food - and telling myself TOMORROW!

Pat - that is a great weight loss since Feb! Good for you!!

Cici- yup, another 60+ here... and dancing! LOL I was painting, listening to music and chair dancing!! Great job putting the food back in the fridge... later is good...
Nice hangin', Goner. I'm done for the day. This is when it gets tricky. Something clicks and I think because I made it through the day, I can begin my UD now. However, I feel satisfied and will just go to bed early if necessary.

Quote:
So much fun to feel good about shopping. I think you should go just to bridge the gap from "hardly dread it" to "How can I possibly choose between all these hot looks?"
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Wow, Dawn you're so tiny you can wear your necklaces around your waist!!! Your ideas for an outfit sound lovely.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day and looking forward to the weekend as I am. I've been off JUDDD for nearly a week (tomorrow) and kind of looking forward to starting back Monday. OTOH, I've gotten used to not worrying about UDs/DDs and it's been very relaxing.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Pictures of your new outfit, please and thank you, gorgeous!!
No doubt in my mind that you will impress.................with dress and with your kind personality!
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So glad you are enjoying that wonderful feeling of well-being.
Well deserved.
Hugs
P
Old 05-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dawn, I recently had to go to a fashion show & lunch and realized I have nothing suitable for such an outing. But instead of shopping, I just styled some jeans with a top from last summer, a scarf, and a ton of handmade jewelry (some of it mine). No one else was in jeans--they were all like Lily Pulitzer sundresses and pastel skirt suits from the 70s and blingy top + dressy pants (I don't have any of those either), but I felt so good and if anyone cared, they didn't indicate it to me.

I think personality/attitude/demeanor is 99% of what people chiefly see about others. Wear whatever makes you happy and confident. If it's something new, have a great time shopping for it!
What lovely sentiments! and you are so right!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hello Every one
I am feeling a little better after my bout with kidney stone(s). One passed and wow, it was so small I was almost embarassed by all the pain - But WOWSER! Never again, I pray!
It was my two week JUDDD anniversary I got the kidney stone. I was all fit to celebrate also. wah.

Thinking about starting back up tomorrow, but not too stressed either way. This is definitely my way of eating now. It's so flexible, and I love the feeling of immediate self satisfaction when the day is nearly over. It is what I need to stay motivated.

I also love that it gives me flexibility to eat fruit, or beans or even some corn or peas without freaking out that I am undoing all my progress.

Our Local Organic farm box deliveries start in 2 weeks. JUDDD will be a lot easier then because there will always be a lot of green and low calorie yummies to eat to stay on track...

I read the whole thread, but I do have brain fog from these pills so didn't associate names with posts. Have a great weekend everyone.
Oooo, organic farm boxes sound lovely!!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Nice hangin', Goner. I'm done for the day. This is when it gets tricky. Something clicks and I think because I made it through the day, I can begin my UD now. However, I feel satisfied and will just go to bed early if necessary.

So much fun to feel good about shopping. I think you should go just to bridge the gap from "hardly dread it" to "How can I possibly choose between all these hot looks?"
Yup!,
Agree and second !!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Wow, Dawn you're so tiny you can wear your necklaces around your waist!!! Your ideas for an outfit sound lovely.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day and looking forward to the weekend as I am. I've been off JUDDD for nearly a week (tomorrow) and kind of looking forward to starting back Monday. OTOH, I've gotten used to not worrying about UDs/DDs and it's been very relaxing.
I am truly looking forward to the weekend.
I am so glad you are relaxing into your break!!
JUDDD will be ready when you are!
happy Friday, dear!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have a gorgeous necklace that can be worn as a belt. Well I have a couple actually. That's a really good idea. And of course, . . . shopping!
When DW and I went to the outlets in Atlantic City, one of the stores we went into had all these big chunky necklaces for $6.99. I got 2 and wear them as belts. They are too chunky for me to wear as necklaces, but are awesome belts. The sales lady was looking at me like I had 10 heads trying all the necklaces on around my waist... Oh, well.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #46
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/210/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Just marking my spot. I went off-track for awhile, but I'm having a pretty good DD today. Fingers crossed it continues.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Our community Farmers Market opens tomorrow! I can hardly wait to see what they are offering. I can just picture all those lovely veggies now...
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:30 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Local farm market opens today for me also... on my way in a bit - can't wait!

Happy weekend everyone!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #49

Quote:

To be fair, these necklaces are VERY long and were designed to be able to be worn wrapped multiple times, or as one very long necklace, or as a belt. They are chunky, like Carly's.

I've also been enjoying not rotating. I just realized it's been about a month and a half since I've rotated, and I've only had a couple of DDs in that time. I'm shocked. Eventually, you guys are going to kick me out.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
To be fair, these necklaces are VERY long and were designed to be able to be worn wrapped multiple times, or as one very long necklace, or as a belt. They are chunky, like Carly's.

I've also been enjoying not rotating. I just realized it's been about a month and a half since I've rotated, and I've only had a couple of DDs in that time. I'm shocked. Eventually, you guys are going to kick me out.
It'll never happen, Dawn. We would miss you too much. I am so happy for you that you are able to eat more and maintain.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:23 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Dawn, you are so important in my JUDDD process. Don't ever even talk about leaving!
Please and Thank You.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:42 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Dawn- we would never kick you out!!!!

Today is DW and my 6th wedding anniversary
We are going to a restaurant tonight, which we have never been to before.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:28 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
It sounds like you have some great ideas. I hope you'll post a pic or two of the final look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hello Every one

I'm so glad you're recovering Party! I was wondering how you were when you didn't post for several days. I know what you mean about such a teeny, tiny little thing causing so much pain and havoc! Don't worry too much about getting back to rotations until you're really feeling better. That takes a lot out of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post

Cici, it sounds like you are getting right back into the JUDDD groove. Did yesterday finish up the way you wanted?

Quote:

It is so nice to relax away from rotations every now and then. I'm glad you're enjoying your break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Just marking my spot. I went off-track for awhile, but I'm having a pretty good DD today. Fingers crossed it continues.
How did you finish up, Gina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
Our community Farmers Market opens tomorrow! I can hardly wait to see what they are offering. I can just picture all those lovely veggies now...
Sounds good, Carole! I love your new avi - so pretty!

Quote:

No way! Not ever! This group has become so important to me I couldn't give you guys up, even if you went on the play-doh diet. () I'd still want you as my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Dawn- we would never kick you out!!!!

Today is DW and my 6th wedding anniversary
We are going to a restaurant tonight, which we have never been to before.
Happy Anniversary Carly and Chelly! Enjoy your day and your evening out!

It's gonna be a hot one here today. 101* for the high. Right now it's beautiful and I have my doors and window open, but that will only last another hour or so. I need to juice all the lemons I have left from my tree today. A whole bunch of them will get used up making fresh margaritas on Monday for Cinco de Mayo. Do you guys celebrate that? Here in Phoenix, it's a somewhat big deal. A good excuse to drink margaritas and eat good Mexican food!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #54
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/210/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
Ohhhh, that sounds like fun. I am in an area that has a ton of them, but I am terrible about going to do real shopping. I just walk around and buy flowers.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Party, I am feeling your pain with the stones. Actually, at the moment my pain is not too bad.

My doc called yesterday to tell me the one that was lithotrypsied a couple months ago is still intact and in the same place. Since it completely blocks the ureter, will have to go in for more intervention.

One of our farmer's markets opened yesterday too. We have a couple really great ones that are convenient which I hit weekly. The other good one is open all year but I don't visit until summer. Love supporting the locals as well as getting all that great fresh stuff. I just buy local organic produce, honey, maple syrup and free range beef liver and eggs. Anything else I can get cheaper at the grocery.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cici, it sounds like you are getting right back into the JUDDD groove. Did yesterday finish up the way you wanted?
Carol, yesterday finished within acceptable limits though I can't help wishing it were lower. I don't do low DDs yet. If I finish under 1000 it is a successful DD and still in Johnson's weight loss mode. My UDs are 2260 so still a good difference and easy enough to stick to and lose slowly. I've decided that this is more productive for me than going all day without food then binging in the evening. So I will do this until such day as I can forget about food and drop a meal or two without going haywire. On the up side of this, if it works, I should still have plenty of calories to play with when I reach maintenance.

Last edited by cici52; 05-03-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Happy Anniversary Carly and Chelly! Enjoy your day and your evening out!

Do you guys celebrate that? Here in Phoenix, it's a somewhat big deal. A good excuse to drink margaritas and eat good Mexican food!
Thanks Carol- we have has a nice day today and now getting ready for dinner. We got our tax return the other day and DW paid off most of the cruise that we are taking in November and we still have a nice bit left so if the weather is nice tomorrow we will drive up to The Woodbury Commons for a bit of shopping.

There is a Cinco de Mayo celebration downtown tomorrow. If we don't drive up to the commons I guess we will check it out.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

It's gonna be a hot one here today. 101* for the high. Right now it's beautiful and I have my doors and window open, but that will only last another hour or so. I need to juice all the lemons I have left from my tree today. A whole bunch of them will get used up making fresh margaritas on Monday for Cinco de Mayo. Do you guys celebrate that? Here in Phoenix, it's a somewhat big deal. A good excuse to drink margaritas and eat good Mexican food!
First you have to talk about that wonderful weather again, THEN you add in talk of your own lemon tree and MARGARITAS for added spite?!!!??? I love you, LCG, but that is just being a big ole MEANIE gf!!!

I had lots I wanted to say, but LCG's post just made me forget every bit of it. Now I just want heat and margaritas...yk, from my own gosh darn lemon tree.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ooh, happy Anni, Carly!!!

Dawn, the board will shut down if you leave. You're not allowed. :P

Arkie, great to "see" you and love the avi!!!

Now, I'm back to sulking...lemon tree. Margaritas. SUN & HEAT. {sigh} <grumble>
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Here in Wisconsin it is cold, windy with not much sun today!
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote