Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
We're going to see a puppy tomorrow! Squee!!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #392
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I have one I'm trying to find a good home for. Wanna come pick her up? It's not THAT far!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #393

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Well, I did pull of a respectable DD yesterday given that I had almost elected to throw in the towel. I had nausea all day yesterday and I decided to have some crackers early. It didn't work out that I was able to eat lunch, so I just went ahead with my DD and ended up at around 800 calories. Much better than the UD I was going to have!

How's everyone's week going so far? Tomorrow is my Friday. I also have my annual review tomorrow, so I hope it goes well. It's not supposed to be anything that I don't know, but it always gives me a little anxiety. I really miss the old Dean, who has since retired. He was always even keeled, but the one we have now can be .... Anyway, it *should* be fine.

I've started cleaning window blinds in my house, and it is a job! I guess that speaks volumes about keeping up with dust lol. I say now that I will stay on top of it. We'll see.
Good job on a good DD. And how did the review go? Hoping for good things for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Popping in to say hi!! One of these days my life will be less hectic and I can come back here and linger on a regular basis.

I had a really great DD today. Lots of energy to spare.

My 60th birthday is 2 weeks from today and DH just let me know that I'll be spending my birthday in Maui!! I surely do love that guy. He is full of surprises.

Now I'm hoping to knock off 5 pounds. Swimsuit on the beach is great motivation to stick to rotations!!!
What a great surprise! And great incentive too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Wow, Yam Yam! What a great surprise. This way you get to celebrate for a long time by enjoying the anticipation!
Good morning, all.
Would you believe that I've still not kicked the bug I've been hosting since April??? I still am not up to par. I finished the antibiotics and am seeing the doc again on Tuesday.
Blessings,
P
I'm glad you're seeing the doc again. That must be so frustrating to feel yuck for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
Grrrr...Now I remember why I decided to ditch the Slow Carb Diet previously! My first carb re-feed on Saturday resulted in a 9 pound bounce in my weight, which I kind of expected because I had been essentially super low carb up to that point so water weight gain. But it should have come off and tomorrow I should be below last Saturdays start weight, and with 1 day to go I am still 5 pounds above that. Plus, BEANS, every meal every day! It was a nice change at the beginning, but now it is a real chore. And no dairy, so black coffee, which I'm not a great fan of. I'll see where I am tomorrow morning, and I will still do my carb refeed tomorrow and give it 1 more week. If I can make some progress then I might keep up with it, and if not then I think I'll ditch it and switch to something that lets me keep carbs in more often and lets me make real progress instead of just seeing weight changes based on glycogen depletion and water loss. I'm pretty sure most of my "losses" over the last 9 months and then gains are all water related and I'm never seeing changes in actual weight, or I'm not able to determine where the weight changes are occurring.

I'm thinking Leangains or Carb Backloading next....
That's quite a swing, but I'm sure you're right about glycogen and water weight. And beans! Wow, that's a lot of beans. Good luck finding that perfect plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Exciting! Can't wait to hear about it. And see a picture???

It's been a busy week with more than my share of technology problems. A couple more I need to deal with today. It's getting old. And killing my productivity. I hope next week will be better!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Great time of year to get a puppy! I wish I could pick yours up Dawn!

Yam-Yam, wow that is a great birthday surprise!

I am doing well! I have a road race on Sunday so have not been doing rotations for a little while. I have been having good luck with the intuitive eating. I am not gaining or losing which is really fine with me. I used to be a big rebounder in weight whenever I wasn't on plan so
Have a nice weekend everyone
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #395

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Pat, so sorry you are still struggling with that stubborn Bug. But size 12 capris are in you near future, which has to be a good thing.

Cindy, glade you had a good DD and that you are enjoying your summer time table. Hope the review went well.

Yam Yam Maui for you 60th how lovely. You deserve some spoiling, enjoy.

Well done on the race Jen, sorry you are still suffering though.

Sorry you have been having techno problems Carol, grim.

Ooooh, Sirtain, a puppy visit. What a joy.

Have been busy catching up on life, seeing some great theatre and visiting DD1. Only managed one good DD so far. But at least I am back to 'normal' amounts of food.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Wow, Yam Yam! What a great surprise. This way you get to celebrate for a long time by enjoying the anticipation!
Good morning, all.
Would you believe that I've still not kicked the bug I've been hosting since April??? I still am not up to par. I finished the antibiotics and am seeing the doc again on Tuesday.
Blessings,
P
Oh, Pat! I'm so sorry you have not gotten rid of that nasty bug yet! That's a really, really long time. I hope you get over it soon.

Quote:
How fun!!! I wish you great success!!

Mike: 9 pound bounce?? It will bounce back the other way before you know it. Easy come, easy go.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Today was my first DD post latest race. I really was only able to pull it off because I was too busy to eat today and kept running around until dinner time. That is, BTW, how I survive 95% of my DDs. On the road with only water or other no-cal beverages. If I'm stuck at home with nothing to do, boredom and then "hunger" sets in. UG!
Anyway, Sunday was Ski to Sea and I ran the "run" leg which is 7.5 miles down the side of a mountain, then about 0.15 of flat then the last 0.35 is slightly uphill. Running down hill is not as fun as it sounds 7+ miles later. And I was pretty sure the flat then uphill was gonna kill me. I haven't been in this much pain post run, for this long, since my first 1/2 that I did not adequately train for. My quads, calves and shins are DYING! I'm fine if I'm up moving around, but if I sit for any amount of time (like, say, to drive) the first 10 minutes of walking again are AGONY! I now understand why teams have a hard time keeping a runner year after year. It hurts!
But I've already said I'll do it again next year. And I will. I'm super big into the Type II fun! I think I have problems...
I missed your post Jen! That is a long way to run down hill! Congratulations on doing it and agreeing to do it again next year Do you have another race coming up this summer?
Old 05-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have one I'm trying to find a good home for. Wanna come pick her up? It's not THAT far!
Too bad she's not a dachshund. I might consider it!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hope everything goes well with the puppy, Sirtain!

Nice to see you again, Babs. I'm so glad IE is working well for you. I hope your run goes well on Sunday too.

My review went well, no surprises, which is always good in my book. Thanks all who asked. Just working on dinner now, and had an accident with the marinade bag--burst and spilled everywhere! Anyway, still looking at having a relaxing evening and hope all of you are as well.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cindy, I am glad that your review went well and that you are enjoying long weekends this summer. I am hoping to be back on EOD rotations after the weekend. It is hard for me to believe it but I kind of miss JUDDD when I am away from it to long. Would never have believed I would miss following a diet!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:47 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Running my first 5k this AM. I'm freaking out, but it's in honor of my nephew so I couldn't and would never say NO. Does this count as my workout for the next three days because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in tremendous pain. Wish me luck!

Happy weekend everyone!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:49 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Good luck! Hope you have runner-friendly weather.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:50 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Mike: 9 pound bounce?? It will bounce back the other way before you know it. Easy come, easy go.
I always have huge bounces after reintroducing carbs, I like to think it is because I have a high percentage of muscle and it is all going to muscle glycogen. I looked up the weight of glycogen and how much weight could possibly swing from just muscle glycogen being replenished or dropped from going from very low carb to normal/high carb. A study I found determined that an average of 400g of glycogen over a group was lost over a 4 day diet of very low carb, the highest was 1066g. Since each g of glycogen binds to 4g of water there would be an additional loss of 1600g of water or in the case of the 1066g glycogen loss 4264g of water. One would assume that if you reintroduce carbs the gain in glycogen and water would be about equal to the loss. So with the water the average loss/gain would be 4.4lbs and the highest was 11.75lbs.

So is my 9 pound gain a reflection of my muscle mass? Maybe. I haven't been eating VLC because of the beans, but I don't know how they may or may not metabolize to be used to replenish glycogen. I haven't dropped all 9 pounds I gained so it is difficult to gauge what is happening.

I do feel better after looking up the study though. I think once I start having carbs on a regular carb cycling schedule, with my workouts, either doing leangains or carb backloading, I think I will be better able to measure actual losses and maybe finally get rid of the belly fat.

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:21 AM   #404
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi everyone!!!
I'm back from Florida. It was a nice trip. My parents new house is lovely and we saw my grandmother. We went to the beach 2 mornings and ate tons of food!!!! I haven't stepped on the scale yet, but am expecting .

It is nice to be back, though! I'm glad everyone has been good overall with reviews, runs, size 12s, upcoming trips etc.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #405

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Running my first 5k this AM. I'm freaking out, but it's in honor of my nephew so I couldn't and would never say NO. Does this count as my workout for the next three days because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in tremendous pain. Wish me luck!

Happy weekend everyone!
Good luck! You'll do awesome, I'm sure, and it's in honor of your nephew, so that's motivation! And there's nothing that says you can't walk some of it if you need to.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #406
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post

Happy weekend everyone!
I hope it goes well! Like Dawn said, you can walk part of it if you need to. I really want to run a 5k soon, but I know I would need to walk here and there.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:40 AM   #407
Big Yapper!!!!

The scale verdict.... 125.3.
That is not as bad as I anticipated- not great, but not bad.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:06 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
The scale verdict.... 125.3.
That is not as bad as I anticipated- not great, but not bad.
Travelling always seems to cause a blip for me, even when I donít think Iíve eaten any more than usual. Iím sure itíll drop nicely after a couple of down days.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Welcome back, Carly!!!
So glad your visit went well!!
Blessings,
P
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #410
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Lili: Good luck on your 5k. What a wonderful cause. You will do great.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #411

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Babs, It is funny how so many of us stray but then come back to JUDDD. Ultimately, it really is the best "diet" out there.

Good luck Lisa! You'll do great! And yes, I'd say you get exercise credit for several days!

Mike, that's interesting about how much glycogen and water gets stored and/or depleted. We all know about the phenomenon and attribute losses and gains to it often, but to actually have some numbers as to what to possibly expect is great.

Welcome home, Carly! It sounds like a fun trip, and those few extra pounds will be gone before you know it.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Carly, so glad your trip went well I know you were anxious about it...

Lisa, You Can Do It! Yes, it will count for several days!

Mike, interesting info. Thanks for sharing..

Yes, JUDDD is always a good place to come home to!

Beautiful day here in Paradise. I'll get a nice swim in...
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Grrrr...Now I remember why I decided to ditch the Slow Carb Diet previously! My first carb re-feed on Saturday resulted in a 9 pound bounce in my weight, which I kind of expected because I had been essentially super low carb up to that point so water weight gain. But it should have come off and tomorrow I should be below last Saturdays start weight, and with 1 day to go I am still 5 pounds above that. Plus, BEANS, every meal every day! It was a nice change at the beginning, but now it is a real chore. And no dairy, so black coffee, which I'm not a great fan of. I'll see where I am tomorrow morning, and I will still do my carb refeed tomorrow and give it 1 more week. If I can make some progress then I might keep up with it, and if not then I think I'll ditch it and switch to something that lets me keep carbs in more often and lets me make real progress instead of just seeing weight changes based on glycogen depletion and water loss. I'm pretty sure most of my "losses" over the last 9 months and then gains are all water related and I'm never seeing changes in actual weight, or I'm not able to determine where the weight changes are occurring.

I'm thinking Leangains or Carb Backloading next....
Quote:
I always have huge bounces after reintroducing carbs, I like to think it is because I have a high percentage of muscle and it is all going to muscle glycogen. I looked up the weight of glycogen and how much weight could possibly swing from just muscle glycogen being replenished or dropped from going from very low carb to normal/high carb. A study I found determined that an average of 400g of glycogen over a group was lost over a 4 day diet of very low carb, the highest was 1066g. Since each g of glycogen binds to 4g of water there would be an additional loss of 1600g of water or in the case of the 1066g glycogen loss 4264g of water. One would assume that if you reintroduce carbs the gain in glycogen and water would be about equal to the loss. So with the water the average loss/gain would be 4.4lbs and the highest was 11.75lbs.

So is my 9 pound gain a reflection of my muscle mass? Maybe. I haven't been eating VLC because of the beans, but I don't know how they may or may not metabolize to be used to replenish glycogen. I haven't dropped all 9 pounds I gained so it is difficult to gauge what is happening.

I do feel better after looking up the study though. I think once I start having carbs on a regular carb cycling schedule, with my workouts, either doing leangains or carb backloading, I think I will be better able to measure actual losses and maybe finally get rid of the belly fat.
So glad you are giving us this information. Please keep it coming. I have added beans this week and upped veggies but in spite of long soak/long cook method plus rinsing am having flatulence issues. Have used Gas-X with no relief. Any suggestions?
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sometimes it’s just a question of giving your body time to get used to the complex carbs again. The bacteria in your gut that feed on them haven’t had any for a long time, and it can just take a few days for them to build up their population again.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you enjoy the 5k Lisa! I think taking a few days off to recover is always a good idea. Plus I find it hurts to much to workout with sore muscles.
Welcome back Carly! Sounds like a nice trip.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! Everything went very well. I am proud to say that out of the 3.1 miles I ran 2.4 at my own leisurely pace and walked the rest. It felt great and I am so not going to Zumba tomorrow morning. Ha! We raised a bunch of money towards the scholarship today though and that was really exciting. Now I'm heading to a super late dinner and a movie with the bf. I'm guessing I won't be making it through that movie though. I'm exhausted!

Welcome back Carly & Merch! So glad you ladies had a great time.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote