Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Adi,
I think you looks great, even in all white which doesn't do very many people any favors.
And your doe is beautiful too!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #362
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Adi- you and the goat look lovely! (Even if your head got cut off )
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Adi, thats a big girl! What kind of goat is she?
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #364
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
We leave for the airport at 11:15am tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going. My mother made reservations for every night and DW and I are planning a trip to Siesta Key (Beach). My parents have a pool and a hot tub, so I guess we will relax there as well.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Hi, Addi!! So happy to see you.
Carly, that sounds lovely. I hope you have a relaxing time.
More tomorrow, JBs.
P
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:14 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Carly, I hope your trip is relaxing. You are going to lovely places.

Had to laugh at your head. Ring cut off, Adi. Lovely to see you, though!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Adi, thats a big girl! What kind of goat is she?
She is a Saanen which is the largest breed of dairy goat. She is a three year old and I have two at home that are larger than she is. Big boned girls.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:23 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Have a lovely trip, Carly!

Addi, you’re looking good, though I’m sure that with a head you look even better .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:02 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Looking fantabulous Addi!

Save travels Carly & Merch! Have fun and enjoy quiet days on the beach.
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:35 AM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Adi, you look great! The doe's beautiful too.

Carly, your vacation sounds wonderful. Enjoy!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #371
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Carol, I just have to say you are such a caring, motherly kind of gal. My life feels richer having 'known' you on here.
I am really rocking the Callanetics. Definitely noticed a fat roll gone! (it was a teeny one, but SO LONG!)
Today is my DD and I'm feeling hungry but good.
Got asked 2x when I was due yesterday!! LOL
I have 5 children and only got asked that 2x over the course of ALL of their pregnancies. Felt so bad for the ladies who asked. It didnt bother me at all, cause I know I am doing something about it.
Kati! I am not a mother! But I don't mind being seen as motherly - it's quite a compliment. Good for you on the Callanetics. It really is a wonderful program. You're so good to not be bothered when you got asked when you were due. Why do people think they can ask that anyway??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Wow, Party!! Now your name makes sense to me. I hadn't thought of what it might mean before lol. That is a full house indeed!

I didn't really have a DD yesterday. I seem to be unable to make it through an entire weekend of DDs anymore (eod). Today will be another UD as well. I think I need to start exercising more to help. Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend. I'm at work, but I'm leaving early.
Sometimes it's tough to get your head into a DD. I feel it a bit today, and I'm not sure what I'll do over the course of the day. I do definitely feel less badly about it now that I'm exercising hard though. If/when you start exercising I'll be here cheering you on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
We leave for the airport at 11:15am tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going. My mother made reservations for every night and DW and I are planning a trip to Siesta Key (Beach). My parents have a pool and a hot tub, so I guess we will relax there as well.
Have a safe and fun trip, Carly! And enjoy your parents. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Adi, you look fantastic right where you are! I do like you better with your head though.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!

Last edited by LoCarbGal; 05-27-2014 at 09:50 AM..
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I stumbled across a blog when I was looking up some recipes for Kale. It was a raw food blog, and someone said they had Kale every day in their smoothies and had developed hypothyroidism as a result. I couldn't get my head around that lol. Why did you stop the raw food diet Emma?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Cindy, there are many "goitrogenic" foods which are bad for the thyroid if eaten raw. Broccoli, cauliflower, many of the leafy greens, soy, etc. However, they are fine if even lightly steamed before consumption, and my personal feeling is that they will not cause hypothyroidism in a person with a healthy thyroid, but could exacerbate symptoms in someone who already has a predisposition to thyroid disease. That's just my opinion and I have nothing to back it up.
I loved a lot of my raw food, but doing the 100% raw was always meant to be temporary for me. I wanted to see if it would help the horrible worsening of my rosacea that can happen in the summer. It seemed to do that, and I stayed cooler, and I lost about 40 lbs as well. However, I heard too many stories about people having dental problems with an all-raw diet (I did a raw vegan diet). Also, I was doing this in late spring into late fall. When the weather got really cold, I needed warm food.

I got really good at green smoothies--my favorite thing. I used almonds to make the almond milk, then added spinach, frozen banana, other fruits, hemp/chia/flax seeds, etc. I'm planning to work out a good down day smoothie--just need a morning to play around with amounts.

Another yummy thing were cold soups made in the vita-mix. They usually had either an avocado base or a cashew base and a main vegetable like corn or peas or spinach or tomato or.....

Lastly, I made taco "meat" with ground walnuts and spices and ate it in lettuce wraps or stuffed into those little sweet peppers you can buy in a bag.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
Oh, almost forgot my favorite wilted spinach salad. Toss spinach and seeded tomato chunks in olive oil (raw of course) and place on a plate in the dehydrator for about 20 minutes. It gets warm and cooked tasting. Add lemon, garlic, etc. I would eat the whole bag of spinach and an entire tomato. Superb.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thank you for all of the kind words. I had typed a reply and our network crashed due to a storm and it never posted so I will repeat.
When I lost all of my weight I did super low DD's and a lot of UUAD's. I have been following 500/1500 faithfully since I returned until Saturday at the goat show where I only had a HB egg since I was too busy to eat. So Sunday on my UD I was starving all day long. Miserable but I did not cave although I ate higher than 1500 it wasn't terrible. Then Monday on my DD I was still starving but I still managed to come in around 600 calories. Today is an UD and I am not hungry and I have had a resonable breakfast and lunch and I am back on track. I will avoid super low DD's as that is what seems to be throwing me off this time around. I will take some protein drinks to goat shows with me as I can drink faster than I can chew. I want this to work so I can enjoy fresh summer garden produce and I am also staying away from ice cream as I think that is a trigger for me too. Sorry Blue Bell. You may go broke without me this summer.

As in many diets, what worked before just was not something I wanted to do the rest of my life. I think I am fortunate that I actually lost 40 pounds with the super low DD's followed by a super high UD. Not every UD but many of them. I am willing to try what I feel comfortable with and 500 is very doable.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 05-27-2014 at 01:51 PM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #375

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh Adi, your Blue Bell comment did make me smile. When you posted about your LC Maintenance Plan my first thought was that Blue Bell Ice Cream might go into liquidation...

So lovely to see you back posting regularly, and making JUDDD work for you again, in a different way.

Today is my first DD this month and it has gone like a dream. I am so lucky to have found this way of eating.

I have chosen not to weigh until 1st June as I am confident that I would only find the number depressing. I don't want to put myself through that after such a wonderful vacation. I know I can get back to my 'happy' weight soon enough with a few good DDs.

EmmaLiza those sound like some lovely dishes. Avocado in soup sounds great. I am so pleased it worked for you too.

Have a good visit Carly, I hope it goes smoothly at your folks place.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back, Kissa. Glad the trip was lovely. You will be back on track in no time. Isn't JUDDD wonderful?!?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Emma, please share that recipe for the DD smoothie when you get it. I love eating vegan foods. I tried making a mac n cheese with cashew sauce but it really left something to be desired. lol

You guys really don't want to know about almond butter....or do you? I recieved some today and..wow. I think we've ate half the jar. By "we" I mean mostly me.
It really is a DD, but I don't think I've ever ate something so addicting in my life. I don't know if I'll ever need chocolate again.

It's going away. lol

All of your trips sound lovely. I hope to travel someday. For now I enjoy watching Globe Trekker and other travelling shows. Those are always splendid.
Goal#1: Fit into my wedding dress (265 will do it)
Goal#2: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt (Guessing 215)
Restart weight: 307 on 12/1
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Today was my first DD post latest race. I really was only able to pull it off because I was too busy to eat today and kept running around until dinner time. That is, BTW, how I survive 95% of my DDs. On the road with only water or other no-cal beverages. If I'm stuck at home with nothing to do, boredom and then "hunger" sets in. UG!
Anyway, Sunday was Ski to Sea and I ran the "run" leg which is 7.5 miles down the side of a mountain, then about 0.15 of flat then the last 0.35 is slightly uphill. Running down hill is not as fun as it sounds 7+ miles later. And I was pretty sure the flat then uphill was gonna kill me. I haven't been in this much pain post run, for this long, since my first 1/2 that I did not adequately train for. My quads, calves and shins are DYING! I'm fine if I'm up moving around, but if I sit for any amount of time (like, say, to drive) the first 10 minutes of walking again are AGONY! I now understand why teams have a hard time keeping a runner year after year. It hurts!
But I've already said I'll do it again next year. And I will. I'm super big into the Type II fun! I think I have problems...

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:28 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!!
Yennie, that sounds so ambitious and so awesome! I am so proud for you!

Well, I seem to have just eased into a maintenance program. I stopped counting up days this month and in the last week or so I have stopped counting down days. I am going to continue rotations w/ out counting. I will do this till I see a need to adjust.
I have nothing that fits save 2 pair of hand me down jeans from a generous neighbor. I hate to shop yet as I have never been in a 12 for longer than a minute. (I hate shopping in general.) It is, however, becoming more urgent as my clothes simply do NOT fit.
I feel like buying 12s would jinx me or lead me to relax on my dedication to a healthier weight. Besides, I really love my 14s. I have several pairs of nice capris in that size and lots of nice lounging/camping/sitting on the deck cotton pants. They just won't stay up. I don't mind wearing my tops larger so maybe I will just get 1 or 2 pair of capris/Bermuda shorts and then wait to see where I settle.
Juddd is such a part of my life right now. I can not imagine being without it or without the support of each of you.
I rely on you daily even when I don't post. You are the best group of folks on the interweb!!
Big hugs and many blessings.
P
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, Yennie, that run sounds exhilarating and painful lol. Good for you that you've already committed to do it again next year!

Pat, I vote that you go ahead and get some 12's. If you are cautious, you could visit Goodwill and find some nice ones there, and you won't feel that you've over-invested, although with JUDDD in your arsenal, you can feel safe.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/121/120
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I vote for the 12s too. You can find remarkably cheap clothes at secondhand stores (or even discount stores). And there's nothing as morale-building (for me at least) as better-fitting clothing.
UtahDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #382

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Adi.....you're a smart lady to stay away from the Blue Bell. It's already gotten its icy claws into me a couple of times recently.

Good move, waiting to weigh in Cindy. Who needs to know that number anyway. You'll be back in trim before you know it. So glad it was a wonderful trip!

Kati, I refuse to even look at almond or cashew butter! PB is addictive enough, and at least it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. All that stuff is too good!

Jen, all I can say is .

Pat, you have done amazing! Congratulations on size 12s, and I agree. Get thee to a thrift shop or Goodwill or something. You'll feel so great in some well-fitting clothes!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #383
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I did pull of a respectable DD yesterday given that I had almost elected to throw in the towel. I had nausea all day yesterday and I decided to have some crackers early. It didn't work out that I was able to eat lunch, so I just went ahead with my DD and ended up at around 800 calories. Much better than the UD I was going to have!

How's everyone's week going so far? Tomorrow is my Friday. I also have my annual review tomorrow, so I hope it goes well. It's not supposed to be anything that I don't know, but it always gives me a little anxiety. I really miss the old Dean, who has since retired. He was always even keeled, but the one we have now can be .... Anyway, it *should* be fine.

I've started cleaning window blinds in my house, and it is a job! I guess that speaks volumes about keeping up with dust lol. I say now that I will stay on top of it. We'll see.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Good luck tomorrow Cindy. I know you'll do great. Oh and so jealous that you have Friday's off for the summer.
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #385
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Popping in to say hi!! One of these days my life will be less hectic and I can come back here and linger on a regular basis.

I had a really great DD today. Lots of energy to spare.

My 60th birthday is 2 weeks from today and DH just let me know that I'll be spending my birthday in Maui!! I surely do love that guy. He is full of surprises.

Now I'm hoping to knock off 5 pounds. Swimsuit on the beach is great motivation to stick to rotations!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! What a neat vacation and birthday present. You do deserve it, though!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:01 AM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

Wonderful surprise, Yam!! I agree that you definitely deserve it, tenfold.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Yam Yam! What a great surprise. This way you get to celebrate for a long time by enjoying the anticipation!
Good morning, all.
Would you believe that I've still not kicked the bug I've been hosting since April??? I still am not up to par. I finished the antibiotics and am seeing the doc again on Tuesday.
Blessings,
P
Old 05-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Watched the end of the Scripps Spelling Bee last night. What a fun event. The concentration, commitment, and humor of these kids is fantastic.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
One interesting thing is that last night I was tired and went to sleep at 10:30pm and then woke up at 12:30am completely awake and full of energy. Took a while to force myself to go back to sleep. Reminded me of the beginning of JUDDD where the same thing happened. I like to think my body just decided it needed some fuel and started burning some fat in the middle of the night just because! One can be hopeful!
Grrrr...Now I remember why I decided to ditch the Slow Carb Diet previously! My first carb re-feed on Saturday resulted in a 9 pound bounce in my weight, which I kind of expected because I had been essentially super low carb up to that point so water weight gain. But it should have come off and tomorrow I should be below last Saturdays start weight, and with 1 day to go I am still 5 pounds above that. Plus, BEANS, every meal every day! It was a nice change at the beginning, but now it is a real chore. And no dairy, so black coffee, which I'm not a great fan of. I'll see where I am tomorrow morning, and I will still do my carb refeed tomorrow and give it 1 more week. If I can make some progress then I might keep up with it, and if not then I think I'll ditch it and switch to something that lets me keep carbs in more often and lets me make real progress instead of just seeing weight changes based on glycogen depletion and water loss. I'm pretty sure most of my "losses" over the last 9 months and then gains are all water related and I'm never seeing changes in actual weight, or I'm not able to determine where the weight changes are occurring.

I'm thinking Leangains or Carb Backloading next....

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote